Does drive lower estrogen?

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Does drive control estrogen at all?Or is it strictly a test booster?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Drive is a test boosting recomp agent- but it also has some estrogen lowering characteristics....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Good to know.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good to know.
A little reading material for you- both Drive and RPM have some estrogen-inhibiting characteristics :)

Cancer Res. 2006 Jun 1;66(11):5960-7. Links
Grape seed extract is an aromatase inhibitor and a suppressor of aromatase expression.Kijima I, Phung S, Hur G, Kwok SL, Chen S.
Department of Surgical Research, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California, USA.

Aromatase is the enzyme that converts androgen to estrogen. It is expressed at higher levels in breast cancer tissues than normal breast tissues. Grape seed extract (GSE) contains high levels of procyanidin dimers that have been shown in our laboratory to be potent inhibitors of aromatase. In this study, GSE was found to inhibit aromatase activity in a dose-dependent manner and reduce androgen-dependent tumor growth in an aromatase-transfected MCF-7 (MCF-7aro) breast cancer xenograft model, agreeing with our previous findings. We have also examined the effect of GSE on aromatase expression. Reverse transcription-PCR experiments showed that treatment with 60 mug/mL of GSE suppressed the levels of exon I.3-, exon PII-, and exon I.6-containing aromatase mRNAs in MCF-7 and SK-BR-3 cells. The levels of exon I.1-containing mRNA, however, did not change with GSE treatment. Transient transfection experiments with luciferase-aromatase promoter I.3/II or I.4 reporter vectors showed the suppression of the promoter activity in a dose-dependent manner. The GSE treatment also led to the down-regulation of two transcription factors, cyclic AMP-responsive element binding protein-1 (CREB-1) and glucocorticoid receptor (GR). CREB-1 and GR are known to up-regulate aromatase gene expression through promoters I.3/II and I.4, respectively. We believe that these results are exciting in that they show GSE to be potentially useful in the prevention/treatment of hormone-dependent breast cancer through the inhibition of aromatase activity as well as its expression.

Endocrinology. 2008 May;149(5):2567-75. Epub 2008 Jan 31. Links
The Nutritional Flavanone Naringenin Triggers Antiestrogenic Effects by Regulating Estrogen Receptor {alpha}-Palmitoylation.Galluzzo P, Ascenzi P, Bulzomi P, Marino M.
Department of Biology, University "Roma Tre," Viale G. Marconi, 446, I-00146 Roma, Italy. [email protected].

Naringenin (Nar) is a component of fruits and vegetables associated with healthful benefits, such as in osteoporosis, cancer, and cardiovascular diseases. These protective effects have been linked with Nar antiestrogenic as well as estrogenic activities. Previous studies indicate that Nar impaired estrogen receptor (ER) alpha signaling by interfering with ERalpha-mediated activation of ERK and phosphoinositide 3-kinase signaling pathways in the absence of effects at the transcriptional level. The present studies evaluated the hypothesis that these Nar antagonistic effects occur at the level of the plasma membrane. Our results indicate that Nar induces ERalpha depalmitoylation faster than 17beta-estradiol, which results in receptor rapid dissociation from caveolin-1. Furthermore, Nar impedes ERalpha to bind adaptor (modulator of nongenomic actions of the ER) and signaling (c-Src) proteins involved in the activation of the mitogenic signaling cascades (i.e. ERK and phosphoinositide 3-kinase). On the other hand, Nar induces the ER-dependent, but palmitoylation-independent, activation of p38 kinase, which in turn is responsible for Nar-mediated antiproliferative effects in cancer cells. Altogether, these data highlight new ER-dependent mechanisms on the root of antiproliferative and antiestrogenic effects of Nar. Moreover, the different modulation of ERalpha palmitoylation exerted by different ligands represents a pivotal mechanism that drives cancer cell to proliferation or apoptosis.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Nice, I am a big fan of drive but didn't know that it had estrogen blocking capabilites. I might have and probably did read it somewhere in my research but it's hard to remember all the details of my research sometimes.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks alot rms80!I am using it as part of pct and was hoping it did.

AHHHHHHHHH!The little puppies are so cute!My pit is a three yr old male named Dime(Dimebag darrell)