BCAA's on a cut...

bj22

Awards
I have been trying to bulk up pretty steadily for the past few years, so I am pretty new to the idea of weight loss. I am at 12.9% BF and trying to drop a few pounds before summer, while maintaining LBM. I have been on the anabolic diet for a month and a half and just started to drop cals. Right now I am running DCP, EC, Tyrosine, CM and Leucine and Whey for Post WO. I have a bunch of BCAA's laying around and want to use them to prevent catabolism, but I am not sure how to dose properly dose it. Should they only be taken around work outs or should I take some in at different times of the day such as before bfast or before bed? Also, what is the optimal dosage?

Thanks.

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
I would take them after/during your workouts. For like Xtend it says how many scoops per your weight...typically 4-6 scoops, but if you are BIG then more.

bj22

Awards
Haha, I am not exactly big at 178 lbs, 5 ft 10 in, but I am getting there. I can't complain though considering my small frame and the fact I started out at 140 lbs soaking wet.

I have NP bulk BCAA btw.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
take them during you workout, and/or at times where u have no other nutrients in your system (ie. say u don't eat for 3-4 hrs, then sip on during that time to keep ur body from becoming catabolic)