new product: CMI's CHIA PRO???

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
CHIA PRO™ is the absolute Perfect Super Food. Better than FLAX, Better than FIBER, High in PROTEIN, OMEGA 3, OMEGA 6, & ANTIOXIDANTS - CHIA PRO is absolutely Perfect. CHIA PRO™ is produced using an all new revolutionary Cold Fracture Process ™ (CFP ™ ). This unique process enables the seed to be fractured into 4 or more parts with no loss in yield or nutrients. Many of the benefits of this mineral rich LT945 Salvia hispanica L seed are derived from the pristine and stable properties of the 30 to 35% oil content and the beneficial interaction of the oil with its naturally occurring minerals. The ‘Cold Fractured’ seed allows certain enzymes to be released and nutrients to be activated that increase the bioavailability.

CHIA PRO captures all of the nutrients, protein, Omega 3 Oils, Fiber, and Anti-Oxidants by fracturing the seed. The RESULT ….. a completely bio-available versatile flour, more valuable and nutritious than any seed.

WHY CHIA PRO?

Unlike the any other CHIA products available, CHIA PRO is the only one available in flour form. Up until recently, the only way to process the black and white seeds were to press or ground them thereby eliminating the oil present.

BENEFITS OF CHIA

Nature’s richest vegetarian source of omega-3 essential fatty acids
Nature’s richest source of fibre (especially rich in soluble fibre)
Complete protein with high levels of 18 Amino Acids (including the essential 10)
3x more iron than spinach
15x more magnesium than broccoli
6x more calcium than milk
15x more Omega 3’s than salmon
4x more protein than kidney beans
2x more fiber than bran flakes
No trans fats
Gluten Free
Hypo-Allergenic – There are no known allergies to CHIA PRO.
Chia seed has higher levels of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) than flax seed. ALA is an essential acid because it is not produced by the body. In fact, CHIA PRO has the highest known whole-food source levels of Omega-3 acids, as measured by percent of weight.
COMPLETE PROTEIN

Compared to other seeds and grains, CHIA PRO provides the highest percentage of complete protein, averaging between 21% and 22% protein, with 18 amino acids. Unlike many vegetarian sources of protein, CHIA PRO has adequate levels of lysine and trytophan, with good levels of phenylalanine and glycine, and high levels of arginine, glutamic acid and aspartic acid.

SOURCE OF FIBER

CHIA PRO’s soluble fiber (which means it mixes with water) absorbs up to 30 times its weight in water, and is one of the most hydrophyllic compounds in nature. Soluble fiber improves blood sugar control by slowing the absorption of glucose (which also results in higher energy levels), and has been shown to lower cholesterol. People with diabetes who consume sufficient soluble fiber may be able to reduce their need for insulin or other diabetic drugs. The insoluble fiber in CHIA PRO binds to debris from the intestinal walls to help improve bowel function, decrease bowel transit time and reduce constipation.

ENERGY/ANTIOXIDANTS

Omega-3 essential fatty acids are highly unstable, and prone to rapid oxidation. For this reason, we always recommend consuming any omega-3 containing product (flax, fish oil, etc.) with vitamin E, as vitamin E acts as an antioxidant, protecting these fragile oils from oxidation, and ensuring they will allow the digestive system to convert these fragile nutrients into EPA and DHA, and finally into the anti inflammatory prostaglandins, prostaglandin series 3. CHIA PRO contains cinnamic acids which prevent the omega-3 oils in CHIA PRO from oxidation.

WEIGHT LOSS MIRACLE?

Any food or supplement that increases satiety (feeling of fullness), will help control appetite and hunger, and assist with fat loss. USES/RECIPES

CHIA PRO Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 2 Table Spoons
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 58
Total Fat 3.2g
Saturated Fat 0.3g
Trans Fat 0
Omega 6 Polyunsaturated 0.6g
Omega 3 Polyunsaturated 2.0g
Monounsaturated 0.3g
Cholesterol 0g
Sodium 2.5mg
Total Carbohydrates 7.5g
Dietary Fiber 5.6g
Soluble Fiber 1.8g
Insoluble Fiber 3.75g
Sugar 0g
Protein 4g
Calcium 45mg
Iron 2.1mg
Thiamin 0.5mg
Riboflavin 0.5mg
Niacin 1mg
Vitamin B6 0.5mg
Folate 8mcg
Biotin 176mcg
Pantothenate 0.5mg
Phosphorus 94mg
Magnesium 46mg
Zinc 0.5mg
Selenium 12mcg
Copper 0.5mg
Chromium 60mcg
Molybdenum 24mcg
Nickel 0.5mg

CHIA PRO Other Ingredients:
ChiaPro Partially Defatted F3(LT945 Silvia Hispanica L) Flour.

CHIA PRO RECIPES
Add CHIA PRO to jams, jellies, shakes, smoothies, hot and cold cereals, yogurt, ketchup, sauces, breads, cakes, cookies, pancakes, etc… When baking, try using 30% less CHIA PRO than regular flour.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
someone try it yet? thoughts? It looks tempting.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
hmmm looks interesting

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definately looks good, saw this the other day and was thinking about picking some up.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I've been using Chia for a while in place of flaxmeal. I get it at Wegman's.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
its not this brand tho is it?
what exactly is it anyway?
how do you like it?
It's a good, healthy option instead of flaxseed meal. It has a good anti-oxidant capacity I think.

It's not CMI brand, no. I mix a serving into my protein shakes sometimes if I want some added fiber and healthy fat. It tastes fine in the shakes (only way I had it).

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just curious i dont want to google cuz i dont want to get a bunch of chia pet results but what is it made out of exactly?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I'm interested in this. I need to find a solid product to bring with me to school for the convience of getting everything in.

How much has a 1 month supply been where you have seen it? Wegman's carry a different brand name version?

Looks tempting.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I'm interested in this. I need to find a solid product to bring with me to school for the convience of getting everything in.

How much has a 1 month supply been where you have seen it? Wegman's carry a different brand name version?

Looks tempting.
Damn, I forget the brand name, but it wasn't CMI. I'll check when I get off work for yall.

I read up on it and it has a nice profile with some good superfood benefits!

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
Chia- The next flax. Thats how we refer to it at my store. Been getting alot of interest in this at the moment. Stuff aint cheap though. I'll wait till the price drops a little.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I may be not seeing a difference but these are both just nutrient rich "greens"/"super foods" correct?

I saw a 30 month supply (per 1 serving a day) of the Chia stuff online for 20 bucks.

This is the stuff from Nutra I was planning on trying:

Green Phyto Foods

and

Macro Greens

Both are more cost effective per price per serving over 3 months. I am not trying to pimp NP here just want to see if I am missing something (I know the Chi thing has added fats but not much. Also I can throw flax in at my liking.)

FOG ~ how much are the ones at Wegman's for a 1 month supply? I wish Costco carried something like this...

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
OCC, I got mine at Wegman's on sale for 12 bucks for a 30 day supply. The original price is 15 bucks.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I'm hitting up Wegman's in a few days for some powdered Gatorade so I may raid there super foods section as well.