NEED QUICK!!! Answer on creatine

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
anyone heard anything about creatine causing mood swings?

my little brother pissed me off yesterday and i blew up at him so my parents are trying to blame it on the creatine ethyl ester....i need an answer yes or no to this and i need a link to the site proving or disproving this.

thanks in advance

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with T-Bone, but you can't find a study that proves is Doesn't affect mood. From what I've read though, it doesn't affect mood (No mechanism of action that I can see)

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely not.

Given the function of creatine, there is, as far as I'm concerned, no logical way that creatine could ever alter or influence your behavior.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Lol the old creatine is going to kill you line.

My parents tried to use that on me when I was in HS.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
There is absolutly no agression altering qualities of creatine. Your a teenager and your ramped up on increasing nattty test levels and its your little brother. I have tons of friends who have little brothers and keep them in line; it's the circle of life. However aren't you on RPM? I notice a mood boosting effect from it but some have reported aggression boosting effects/

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
anyone heard anything about creatine causing mood swings?

my little brother pissed me off yesterday and i blew up at him so my parents are trying to blame it on the creatine ethyl ester....i need an answer yes or no to this and i need a link to the site proving or disproving this.

thanks in advance
I feel slightly more vigorous or euphoric if I'm taking a huge dose of creatine mono (~15-20g/day) and I only go that very rarely. That's pure testosterone you're describing, or some kind of serotonin/dopamine imbalance, but probably the former.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
YA.. I WHOOPED THE CRAP OUTTA MY LIL BROTHER, I WAS TAKIN ON OFF CYCLE AT THE TIME, MY PARENTS PULLED THE SAME THING. JUST LET IT RIDE.. TRY TO WALK AWAY CALMLY FROM THE NEXT FIGHT... BUT IF THEY TOOK UR POWDER AWAY.. THEN WHOOP SOME ASS AND PROVE THAT UR A MEAN MOE FOE WITH OR WITHOUT THE SUPPLEMENT

:trout:

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
ya they took it away....my mom said i can have it back when i talk to the doctor tomorow and she says its ok for me lol

i only ended up picking my bro up by his stomach and throwing him across the room onto his bed but he still cried about it....****ing immature young teens!

ive got about 2 days supply of my stack stashed away tho so no probs on the log hehe

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
If they take your creatine away, at least it's cheap to replace, heh. Tell your parents to look it up, I'm suprised people still have such huge misconceptions about a nutrient.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I'm suprised people still have such huge misconceptions about a nutrient.
Definitely true -- For people who aren't in the swing of fitness and/or lifting, every nutritional supplement is a crazy dangerous steroid.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
One time when I was on creatine I killed somebody because they looked at me.

Haha jk man.. creatine giving mood swings is like protein being a steroid.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
You know what guys I have to disagree, it could be the creatine. I only get mood swings and blow up like that when I take a creatine product.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely true -- For people who aren't in the swing of fitness and/or lifting, every nutritional supplement is a crazy dangerous steroid.
- This is so true.

As for the creatine, I concur with everyone; there is no evidence and no logical support that it causes mood swings. I haven't read any papers definitively proving this, but the couple of ones on creatine that I have read didn't mention moodiness at all.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I heard Charles Manson was on creatine during his killing spree.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
see the misconseption that ive concluded is that while your taking the creatine your also lifting heavily hence your body produces more testosterone hence causing the mood swings.

my mom has a degree in health and nutrition and learned about all the out of date **** about this stuff.....so now shes trying to throw it in my face.

anyways, im watchin a movie....ive still got some supps to take so ill manage. l8er

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
She might as well tell you not to lift then. Because eating a lot of protein builds more muscle than creatine so therefore your test would be going up more anyway. Plus your 18 which is at the peak of your hormones.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
ya i feel ya. im fightin this battle pretty hard cuz BB is something i enjoy and summer is right around the corner. she cant stop me from lifting she can only temporarily withold me from taking supplements.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I suppose I could see it from the RPM. anything stimulant is going to get you "jacked up" moodwise, which could lead to increased aggression. Definitely not from the neovar tho :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just to be clear, that also means a high dose of coffee could do it :)

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
True, easy made a good point. Anything can make you mad.. for all she knows you could have just been having a bad day.

I mean if I eat to much and feel extremely uncomfortable I'll get mad easy lol.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I haven't gotten laid in a week i get irritable :)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
ya they took it away....my mom said i can have it back when i talk to the doctor tomorow and she says its ok for me lol

i only ended up picking my bro up by his stomach and throwing him across the room onto his bed but he still cried about it....****ing immature young teens!

ive got about 2 days supply of my stack stashed away tho so no probs on the log hehe
If the doc tries to pull some "it's bad for your liver and kidneys bs" just print this up and give it to her.....

"On November 12, 1999 at the 19th Annual Southwest American College of Sports Medicine Meeting, two long term creatine studies were presented from the Exercise & Sport Nutrition Lab at the University of Memphis*. Both studies showed that 9 months of creatine supplementation (taking an average of 5 grams per day) in athletes had no negative effects on markers of renal function or muscle and liver enzymes in comparison to athletes not taking creatine."

*Here are the actual studies referenced above
1.Kreider R, Rasmussen C, Ransom C, Melton C, Greenwood M, Stroud T, Cantler E, Milnor P, Almada A, Greenhaff P. Long-term creatine supplementation does not affect markers of renal stress in athletes.
2.Almada A, Kreider R, Ransom J, Melton C, Rasmussen C, Greenwood M, Stroud T, Cantler E, Milnor P, Earnest C. Long-term creatine supplementation does not affect muscle or liver enzyme efflux in athletes.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
"Parents just don't understand." They pulled the same sh%# on me; my mom claimed my mood swings were due to the supplements I was taking (A-AKG, Creatine, Protein, Aminos at the time). She requested a printed list of the supplements I took, the average dosage, the dosage in which I took them, and what the supplement does. It was outright ridiculous! Do your own goddamn research if you're so f%*&ing concerned.

Many people seem to be misinformed about supplements, or simply ignorant. I remember I was talking to this one kid after we were finished working out, and I asked him if he was taking any protein powder. He replied, "No, I'm all natural."

I just walked away. Ugh.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You should RESPECT your parents!. They brought you into this world....And they can take you out!. Respect your parents and be kind to your brother. Maybe when you are older you will appreciate FAMILY much more. It is ok though, you are still young. Really though, there is no excuse for that type of behavior.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established

if i were you, when they took away creatine id look through your pantry and refrigerator and find every single thing in there that naturally contains creatine (ie fish, steak etc) and take it away and say "if i cant take creatine neither can you"

dafox

Awards
  • Established
"

Many people seem to be misinformed about supplements, or simply ignorant. I remember I was talking to this one kid after we were finished working out, and I asked him if he was taking any protein powder. He replied, "No, I'm all natural."

I just walked away. Ugh.
yeah, I had a friend in high school who said that to me too. I just laughed... and tried to get him to take it. He practically thought it was a steroid! :rofl:

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
whenever someone use to tell me taht creatine was bad...i just told them to f%@k off...then said every pound of beef has two grams of creatine in it...so that means u take creatine to...

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
if i were you, when they took away creatine id look through your pantry and refrigerator and find every single thing in there that naturally contains creatine (ie fish, steak etc) and take it away and say "if i cant take creatine neither can you"
lol. your funny

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
You should RESPECT your parents!. They brought you into this world....And they can take you out!. Respect your parents and be kind to your brother. Maybe when you are older you will appreciate FAMILY much more. It is ok though, you are still young. Really though, there is no excuse for that type of behavior.
sry bro....this was so not meant to disrespect parents or family in the least. but i will one day beat the sh!t out of my brother again. and i will gladly give my stepdad "the bird" when i move out.
i am the last person to need tips/advice/help on family and all that bullsh!t.

(is there a little emoticon that says get lost?)

jdev

Awards
  • Established
that is complete ****. my parents did the same type of stuff until i moved out. Anyway, there is no interaction between Creatine and moods. Just lifting itself will probably make you more agressive as it increases test levels and such. Creatine has no effect on test.