- 04-17-2008, 06:24 PM
I was talking to our lifting "conductor" at my school (an army lieutenant), and told him of my intentions to drop 10 or 15 pounds in fat before the football season starts to get a little quicker, as I feel I'm beginning to lose a step after putting on 25 lbs. this year. He said "there wasn't too much fat on me" (I'm guessing around 9%-10% bf?) and he argued that leg strengthening would do the trick better than losing weight would. He suggested a complex carb supplement (which obviously contains maltodextrin). Now, as I point out in my signature, I'm an awkward medium between an ectomorph and a mesomorph, leaning more towards the ectomorphic side. Do you believe maltodextrin supplementation would be more effective in gaining strength all around, or should I go on as planned and lose some fat before the season starts up? Perhaps both?
- 04-17-2008, 07:23 PM
If you're around 10% BF then you don't have much to lose...definitely not 25 lbs. 10% should be your goal, only lower than that if doing a BB'ing contest.
04-17-2008, 08:49 PM
04-17-2008, 09:04 PM
dont cut just clean bulk/recomp ur way thru and get that strength and lose a touch of bf. forget melto and get some oats instead, and maybe try AP/YG to help recomp alone, good luck with whatever u choose to do!!
04-18-2008, 11:07 AM
04-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Does anyone else have any input as to whether or not I should take malto to gain?
04-18-2008, 10:16 PM
04-18-2008, 10:19 PM
04-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By zwa004 in forum SupplementsReplies: 13Last Post: 04-30-2010, 09:24 PM
- By classic27 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 16Last Post: 07-21-2008, 04:33 PM
- By CarterMalone in forum BulkingReplies: 4Last Post: 01-27-2008, 01:13 AM
- By dynomite in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 45Last Post: 06-06-2007, 11:21 AM
- By Rock Lee in forum Weight LossReplies: 1Last Post: 03-22-2004, 08:22 PM