Tribulus Study

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
The hormonal effects of Tribulus terrestris and its role in the management of male erectile dysfunction--an evaluation using primates, rabbit and rat.
Gauthaman K, Ganesan AP.

Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, 119074 Singapore. [email protected] <[email protected]>

Hormonal effects of Tribulus terrestris (TT) were evaluated in primates, rabbit and rat to identify its usefulness in the management of erectile dysfunction (ED). TT extract was administered intravenously, as a bolus dose of 7.5, 15 and 30 mg/kg, in primates for acute study. Rabbits and normal rats were treated with 2.5, 5 and 10mg/kg of TT extract orally for 8 weeks, for chronic study. In addition, castrated rats were treated either with testosterone cypionate (10mg/kg, subcutaneously; biweekly for 8 weeks) or TT orally (5mg/kg daily for 8 weeks). Blood samples were analyzed for testosterone (T), dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate (DHEAS) levels using radioimmunoassay. In primates, the increases in T (52%), DHT (31%) and DHEAS (29%) at 7.5mg/kg were statistically significant. In rabbits, both T and DHT were increased compared to control, however, only the increases in DHT (by 30% and 32% at 5 and 10mg/kg) were statistically significant. In castrated rats, increases in T levels by 51% and 25% were observed with T and TT extract respectively that were statistically significant. TT increases some of the sex hormones, possibly due to the presence of protodioscin in the extract. TT may be useful in mild to moderate cases of ED.

I don't care what anyone says about tribulus working or not. I know for a fact it works for ME at least. Like ppl have said before the protodiscin is important not steroidal saponin percentage. I use tribulus during/ and post cycle and feel it is great.

teribleturtle

Awards
what brand/type of trib do you use and how do you cycle/dose it?

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Even if it never significantly boosted my testosterone or LH, it always acted as an aphrodisiac for me. That alone, is why I have never turned my back on Tribulus. Nice study BTW.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Even if it never significantly boosted my testosterone or LH, it always acted as an aphrodisiac for me. That alone, is why I have never turned my back on Tribulus. Nice study BTW.
Thanks, ya I take ultimate nutrition tribulus...def. a good aphrodisiac. I have plans to take 5grams + of tribulus and get bloodwork done soon!

Vipersg123

Vipersg123

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, ya I take ultimate nutrition tribulus...def. a good aphrodisiac. I have plans to take 5grams + of tribulus and get bloodwork done soon!

don't forget baseline bloodwork where you haven't even touched the stuff for like a month or else the bloodwork would be pointless

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
don't forget baseline bloodwork where you haven't even touched the stuff for like a month or else the bloodwork would be pointless
Thanks bro, will do. I plan on doing tests before I start, during, and after.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I respond very well to trib. Now's brand of 45% steroidial saponins works great for me, let alone some of the great formulas the board sponsors put together with the stuff.

I guess some people just don't respond well, or they used poor extracts to begin with.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
I think some people are non-responders to tribulus, just like some people don't feel like they get anything out of taking creatine.

sactap101

Awards
im taking now trib, right not. 2 pills a day and i think my libido has increased. not certain yet. some guy posted on a different form that it can increas estrogen more than test, anyone know about that