SU horror story

D

dodgeee-O

Awards
Well, for my last two weeks of cutting I decided to go with some SU. I ran the dosage per day at :
Day 1-3 200mgx2
Day 4-9 300mgx2
Planned to run 10-14 400mgx2
Today is day 9 and took my morning dosage and about two hours later I started to get a rash on my upper arms, then my chest, then back then neck and finally on the face/legs! Man do i look horrible, red dots everywhere. Just a warning to you guys, i didn't think it could happen to me and it did. Pisses me off that it took 6 days of the higher dosage to develop this rash though. A question for you guys though, should i continue my transdermal for the remaining 5 days? Anyone ever hear of a rash from 1-test/4AD transdermal (aside from irritation).

W

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
The rash is most likely because of the sodium usniate..... In the interest of alleviating further irritation to your skin, it is probably a good idea to stop the transdermal short.  Furthermore, I have to comment on two things...

1.  Although this would seem odd, I have noticed much more reports of people having an adverse reaction on SU than UA.  Since the two are so close in form, its weird that I would make this statement...   Maybe its simply a matter of where the chemical is sourced from... or maybe more bottles of SU are floating around....

2.  I wonder how many people who develop a rash are using a transdermal at the time...  I know most of us stack pill upon pill etc... so who knows if UA/SU, when combined with something else, increases the risk for rash..

wyd

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine was without a trans and occurred at the end of a cycle also(1g/day). Its sounds like the classic build up of an allergic reaction. The next time I used UA, it took only one 250mg pill for me to get the rash back. Some people get this, and some don't. Consider yourself one of the unlucky ones like myself. Sucks don't it.

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Bobo
Mine was without a trans and occurred at the end of a cycle also(1g/day). Its sounds like the classic build up of an allergic reaction. The next time I used UA, it took only one 250mg pill for me to get the rash back. Some people get this, and some don't. Consider yourself one of the unlucky ones like myself. Sucks don't it.
Yeah, I agree, it seems you are either going to get it or not, there doesn't seem to be much middle ground. There was some talk of skin creams, but nothing substantial. I'm one of the ones that doesn't get a rash, thankfully.

D

dodgeee-O

Awards
Just got back from the doc, he told me to take cold showers and benadryl and rest! He also said to drop all the drugs for a week or so. Hopefully it clears up within a week, if not i'll head back to the doc and get him to shoot me up with something :)

S

SteveDFW

Awards
Just got back from the doc, he told me to take cold showers and benadryl and rest! He also said to drop all the drugs for a week or so. Hopefully it clears up within a week, if not i'll head back to the doc and get him to shoot me up with something :)
I have gotten the rash and my wife did as well. We took the Rx Clariten (which is now OTC) and the rash stopped growing and was gone in a couple days.

W

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by SteveDFW

I have gotten the rash and my wife did as well. We took the Rx Clariten (which is now OTC) and the rash stopped growing and was gone in a couple days.

Interesting enough, I am working on another usnic acid based product (one that might combine a stimulant and appetite suppresant) and based on the recent addition of clariten being an OTC product, I might just combine the capsules with some of the active ingredient just to be sure.  Hell, so many people have allergies these days that it couldn't hurt :)

S

SteveDFW

Awards

Interesting enough, I am working on another usnic acid based product (one that might combine a stimulant and appetite suppresant) and based on the recent addition of clariten being an OTC product, I might just combine the capsules with some of the active ingredient just to be sure.  Hell, so many people have allergies these days that it couldn't hurt :)
I think that would be a great idea.

I upped my dosage from 600mg twice a day (1,200mg total) to 600mg three times a days (1,800) and started feeling the itch coming on and my skin was starting a small rash. I dropped back to 600mg twice a day (1,200) and started on the clariten. All symptoms dissapeared overnight.

W

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by SteveDFW

I think that would be a great idea.

I upped my dosage from 600mg twice a day (1,200mg total) to 600mg three times a days (1,800) and started feeling the itch coming on and my skin was starting a small rash. I dropped back to 600mg twice a day (1,200) and started on the clariten. All symptoms dissapeared overnight.

1.8g huh...thats quite a hefty dose of SU!!.  Good luck!! :D

S

SteveDFW

Awards

1.8g huh...thats quite a hefty dose of SU!!.  Good luck!! :D
Ya, it was too much. 1,200mg (600mg x 2 ) works the best for me. I stack it with an ECA 2 - 3 times a day and it keeps the lethargy away.

I had done 900mg once a day at night and I broke out in the rash. That is when I found that the clariten works wonders.

As soon as I use up my supply of SU, I will be buying your UA.

My wife (weighs 95lbs) was taken 300mg twice a day (600mg total) and broke out in the rash BAD. The Clariten cleared it up really quick though.

D

dodgeee-O

Awards
Thanks for the info steve, i'm gonna pick up some clariten right now! You think your wife had it bad, i should post some pics of me:( After that i don't see many people wanting to experiment with SU:D

S

SteveDFW

Awards
Thanks for the info steve, i'm gonna pick up some clariten right now! You think your wife had it bad, i should post some pics of me:( After that i don't see many people wanting to experiment with SU:D
I suugest you start taking the clariten right when you start to feel your skin getting scratchy. Don't wait for the rash. I did that the last time and stopped it dead in its tracks with the clariten.

GOOD LUCK !!!

D

dodgeee-O

Awards
Hope that doesn't scare anyone away from SU or anything hehe.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear (and see) about that bro. I got the itches but not the rashes on UA. I speculated that the Allegra I was using may have had something to do with the fact that I did not rash up but the theory was dismissed.

Since Claritin is OTC and Allegra is not though, it may really be something to look in to. Hope it helps.

S

SteveDFW

Awards
Go tonight and get the clariten!!! You will be much better by Sunday. My rash was pretty close to that when I found clariten.

GET TO THE STORE !!!!

W

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Holy **** thats quite a rash...and while im writing... those interested in taking UA or SU, please dose carefully.  Most, if not all, people who developed the rash have been on rather high dosages 1G or more per day...

Thanks

WYD

D

dodgeee-O

Awards
I agree with you WYD but i don't think i was on high of a dosage at all. 600mg a day isn't that much considering the amount others have taken without a rash. I've never actually read anyone getting one with that little of a dose!

W

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by dodgeee-O
I agree with you WYD but i don't think i was on high of a dosage at all. 600mg a day isn't that much considering the amount others have taken without a rash. I've never actually read anyone getting one with that little of a dose!

I was speaking of UA dosages actually.  I am not really familiar with SU dosages/rash occurrences...

D

dodgeee-O

Awards
Go tonight and get the clariten!!! You will be much better by Sunday. My rash was pretty close to that when I found clariten.

GET TO THE STORE !!!!
Do you only take 1 pill a day? I got some ($20 for 24 damn tablets) and it says 1 pill a day, don't exceed that. That means it has a half life of 24 hrs :confused: ?

S

SteveDFW

Awards

Do you only take 1 pill a day? I got some ($20 for 24 damn tablets) and it says 1 pill a day, don't exceed that. That means it has a half life of 24 hrs :confused: ?
Ya, one (1) pill a day should do it.

B

Blindfaith

Awards
i guess im just one of those lucky ones...ive taken up to a gram a day and i was always fine

S

Sean

Awards
My nephew was taking 1.5 grams a day, and had no allergic reactions whatsoever.