Stim'd Out: My Addiction and Now Recovery

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
Hey guys,
First off I just want to say if this is the wrong forum, can you please move it. Secondly, I dont really post a lot here; however, I do read a lot. A lot of people seem to be going through what I am so I want to help give back. Here's my story

The Start of it

Currently, I am 21. I am addicted to stims. I cannot live my normal life without them. It started back in HS when I was 17. Energy drinks got me started, and when that didnt work anymore, ephedra based products started doing the trick. 5 hours of sleep and feeling fully energized and alert the next day, all day? Im hooked... Working til 11PM, getting to sleep at 1, then getting up at 6 AM...I needed something. Being young, and dumb, ephedra is what got me going. When it got banned, I searched the internet for "stimulants". Here is how the world of body building opened for me

College Life

So ephedra got me through HS, so what about college? Now it REALLY counts. At this time, I also got a new job in accounting where I REALLY needed to pay attention. This is where Stimulant X (original) came to play. From 18-20, everyday I lived off StimX. Never thinking about "adrenal burnout" or high blood pressure, I lived off it. It ruled my life. Life was great! I was focused and fully alive at school as well at work, but it did have its side effects. This started my social anxiety, as well as my increased blood pressure, followed by increased sweating. Due to my SA, I started working out. This was a way for me to "boost self confidence" and relieve stress. So all day I would go to work and school, come home and nap for 2 hours from the STIMX crash, take Super Pump 250 then go to the gym, get home study, then get to sleep at 1 am. Wake up at 6 and do it again.

My life now in a nut shell

So now I am 21, about to be 22. My SA has gone down as I have quit Stimx for a while. Ever since I quit, I have been living off of C2, StimX v.2, or amp v2. My adernals are totally shot. I am a lot more tired now than I used to be. Gym visits last maybe...45 mins before I get really tired. I currently just developed IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) from the increased stress/loading of caffeine.

The new game plan

To get my life back together, I am dropping stims period. As I go through withdrawl, I do plan on drinking some coffee. We will see how it goes. I have been doing research for the past week on what I can do. Heres my plan

Bringing Adernals back to life:
Reset-AD 3x a day
L-Tyrosine 3x a day
L-Phenylalanine 3x a day
Acetyl L-Carnitine 3x a day
Vitamin C

I am hoping this can bring my adrenals back to regular working order and producing a normal amount of adrenaline to keep me up. Hopefully this will also let me drop my coffee intake thus reducing my IBS.

Combatting IBS:
Cissus (supports stomach lining)
Phyllium Husk Caps (supports regularity)
Digestive enzymes with meals/protein shakes

So, what am I doing now without stims?

Well, Ive searched and a supplement called "Basic Cuts" looks promising. It contains PEA/Hordinine which is supposed to wake you up and feel alert all day without the crash. Since Basic Cuts contains caffeine, someone said to take L-Taurine to reverse this and see what happened. NP sells PEA/Hordinine bulk; however, it does not contain Cayenne Pepper which supposidly increases potency.

So, in a nutshell, what am I suffering from that made me change?

After almost 4 straight years of using stims everyday, I have developed the following

Increased Stress
Increased Tiredness
Increased Anxiety
Increased Sweating
Hard crashing once a day requiring atleast 1-2 hour nap
and now I have IBS

All to obtain
Being awake and alert all day

The side effects are starting to outweigh the benefits to me

Tell me what you think about the new plan. I wrote this at 1 in the AM so excuse me if its not all "professional" :p:study:

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
That sir is a very well and thoroughly thought out plan of action. Personally I would say no stims at all. Nothing, nada to give your body time to learn how to do it's own biological thing again.

Two :thumbsup: from me.

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
That sir is a very well and thoroughly thought out plan of action. Personally I would say no stims at all. Nothing, nada to give your body time to learn how to do it's own biological thing again.

Two :thumbsup: from me.
Thanks a lot. It's really been bothering me lately because having to use the restroom 4-6 times a day to number 2 is getting old. Did a search online and I match all the symtoms for IBS. Suprisingly, IBS is pretty common. The reason I know my stims are causing IBS is on the weekends I sometimes dont take stims and on those days, I have no IBS problems at all. I have been wanting to get off stims for a while now. Sweating like crazy in class and having axiety can drive a man insane. Xanax puts me to sleep and phenibut can only be used 1-2 times a day.

Im going to try to taper off slowly. I feel like a drug addict LOL but I gotta do what I can. Maybe a mountain dew when I get a craving. Pretty soon I just want to take addrenal support supps and cut out all stims. It's hard though because man I tell you college classes can get pretty boring

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Moderation, bruv. I attempt to take periodic breaks of 30 days or so, to combat chronic fatigue, as well as the other symptoms you mentioned. I am in your boat as well though, and getting through Uni., courses isn't the greatest time in the world w/o stims.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Hey man./... great to see your cycling off stims...

some advice:

IBS: GET GUT HEALTH!
it the best product on the market for digestion and it will help with your IBS!

Instead of sipping on coffee while you are cycling off stims, try tea..its lower in caffeine, but still has just enough to crave your stim addiction. you might get better results this way

Good luck with the Reset AD.... let me know how it works for you

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
If you do drink coffee, I suggest organic, I have no cited studies for recommending this, but I believe all the pesticides and chemical fertilizers that are used growing regular coffee are causing some of the problems people experience today.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I would honestly, highly recommend cold turkey'ing it. Sometimes it's the only way to start anew and I think it gives you real will power this way instead of sneaking back to your little slut for "just one more" lil bit o nooky!

I would honestly recommend you take 6 months to a year off for all stims, coffee included....lol you probably think "This is Madness!"

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good luck. I have many of the same problems. Once you get off the stims the IBS will get better. And yes the Gut Health will help with the IBS.

Reset is very good at making you feel human again. But it will all take time!

pdigs

lol, try kickin heroin pussy. no but seriously u made that all sound like needed to go to rehab for caffiene. take it from someone who was addicted to real drugs... ur gonna be ok

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
I would honestly, highly recommend cold turkey'ing it. Sometimes it's the only way to start anew and I think it gives you real will power this way instead of sneaking back to your little slut for "just one more" lil bit o nooky!

I would honestly recommend you take 6 months to a year off for all stims, coffee included....lol you probably think "This is Madness!"

Oh crap! Nice! I actually did better today than I thought. I only had 2 cups of coffee and a diet pepsi. Sometimes its a mountain dew with a few coffees and stimx's. I know this may sound crazy, but yes I am addicted to caffine. Caffine to me is a drug. It stimulates you and Im addicted. Most people are addicted in this fast pace world.

Gut Health- How good does this work for IBS? What does it do exactly? Sounds interesting...

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine to you is a drug.....s'prolly because it IS a drug!!! :lol

I would recommend drinking water instead. Why do you need so much stimulation(lol?), do you not sleep enough? Do you not rest well? I would look to the cause of your problem. When did you last get a full bloodwork and hormone panel done? F*ck most people seriously, do not compare yourself, you are NOT most people, you are you :) I know enlightening :)

Water, Juice, a preworkout supp. Drop the rest. If you HAVE to drink caffeine go with a good quality tea.

Probiotics are bacterical flora that dwell in the intestines, allowing the nutrients we ingest to be utilized by the body. Modern diet, stress, and training all compromise the health of the Gut, leading to sickness, gas, indigestion, and wasted nutrients - not to mention contribute to sickness. GUT Health contains a strong, hearty strain of Lactobacillus casei, called KE99. THis university studied probiotic has been shown to:

-Reduces/eliminates protein related GI distress/gas
-Bolsters intestinal membranes, increasing the effectiveness of digestion
-detaches/destroys pathogens
-bolsters immune function
-prevents bowel irritation/helps IBS
-reduces Nitrogen excretion/increases protein absorption

This strain is shelf stable (requires no refrigeration) and enteric coated, dissolved in oil. GUT Health...for Vital Digestion and Optimal Results.
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/rpn/gut-health-35-caps.html

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, try kickin heroin pussy. no but seriously u made that all sound like needed to go to rehab for caffiene. take it from someone who was addicted to real drugs... ur gonna be ok
True, and I know exactly where you're coming from, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't try to kick caffeine; surviving drug addiction and flourishing in a healthy lifestyle require different approaches. It's hard to gain/maintain when you're circadians look like a rollercoaster.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Obviously from the post he's a slave to his addiction that is causing him real world, real time problems. I think that in itself is enough reason for needing to kick the problem / habit.

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
Well by special request I was asked to post an update, so here it is!

Ive been doing a lot better now. Ive ordered "Basic Cuts" by Designer Suppliments. It's discontinued by the way...the supplement to take it over is "adrenalean". Anyway, this suppliment isnt nearly as hardcore as StimX or Amp. In a dose of 2 pills, it has Cayenne Pepper, Caffeine, PEA, and Hordenine. Its a nice clean energy instead of a jittery, crazy stimulant im used to. My current supplement routine is as follow

AM
1x Reset AD (support adrenals)
2x Basic Cuts (energy)
1x L Tyrosine (support adrenals)
1x L-Theanine (relax/suppress anxiety/reduce sweating)
1x Super Vitamin C (support adrenals)
1x Multivitamin (because it's just good)
1x Fish Oil (help keep regular/heart)

The above supplements are what Im taking to help restore adrenals and be "regular" again. Aside from this I take NOS Precursor, COQ Diesel, Hyper Test, and Xpand since I do work out. Protein shake in the PM only as well.

I found taking a protein shake in the morning ignites my IBS. Also if I take in too much fiber it ignites it. I found wheat toast in the morning with an apple is enough to keep me regular.

I do find myself craving a Diet Pepsi, but throughout the day that is it. I am a lot more lively. When I come home, I do take a nap...but its just that, a nap. 30 mins tops. Before I would crash taking 2 hour power naps to help recover. Now I take 30 mins and Im good to go.

One thing I do find now is at night I find myself waking up looking at the clock. No idea why? Do I have more energy now? Since im not working my body as hard, I dont crash at night? Im not sure...but I do say I feel a lot better now! Blood Pressure has gone down a lot as well. How do I know? When I get stressed I turn red/blush a lot less. Also being "put on the spot" i dont freak out as much. Hope this helps!

krazy

Awards
Awesome! Glad to hear things are going well.

Do you only take 1x Reset AD for a reason?

Also, psyllium husks are good **** for keeping regular. Check em out.

Sweating can be managed by Drysol and, if you have $700, an iontophoresis machine for hands and feet (works like straight magic on sweat).

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
Awesome! Glad to hear things are going well.

Do you only take 1x Reset AD for a reason?

Also, psyllium husks are good **** for keeping regular. Check em out.

Sweating can be managed by Drysol and, if you have $700, an iontophoresis machine for hands and feet (works like straight magic on sweat).
Im sorry, I should have specified. I actually take 3 reset ad's a day. 1 AM, 1 mid day, 1 PM. I do the same with L Tyrosine. This drysol, where exactly can I buy this? Is this a powder? Pill?

I have like a lifetime supply of husk caps lol. I take em usually PM with my protein shake but my problem is I **** too much...Im not constipated at all. I find, oddly enough, fish oil helps a lot more with this than husk caps. Makes my stool less dry and more wet so it comes out easier. Alcohol does the same thing for me...mostly beer. Im sure people can attest to the beer shits the next morning

krazy

Awards
Im sorry, I should have specified. I actually take 3 reset ad's a day. 1 AM, 1 mid day, 1 PM. I do the same with L Tyrosine. This drysol, where exactly can I buy this? Is this a powder? Pill?

I have like a lifetime supply of husk caps lol. I take em usually PM with my protein shake but my problem is I **** too much...Im not constipated at all. I find, oddly enough, fish oil helps a lot more with this than husk caps. Makes my stool less dry and more wet so it comes out easier. Alcohol does the same thing for me...mostly beer. Im sure people can attest to the beer shits the next morning
lol. Damn. That IBS sounds difficult.

Drysol = available by prescription from your doctor. After insurance its less than $2. Throw some on ya pitts at bed time and sleep with a shirt on a 2 or so times a week (maintenance) and you wont sweat. Period.

For the hands, you can apply it there too. It works but, for a long term solution, if your case warrants it, Id look into getting one of these:
R.A. FISCHER COMPANY - MD-1a
with 2 water baths.

I have extremely bad hand and feet sweating (sometimes Ill be sweating so badly that I leave puddles if I let my hand sit down long enough... its disgusting to say the least) so I got one of those. It definitely wasnt cheap but consider that I also am a Computer Engineering undergrad so I need clean, dry hands professionally, too.

If you have any sweating questions, PM me. Ive been through a year or two of medical inquisition and have figured out ways to stop sweating pretty much anywhere

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Wow great thread so far!! Very good story afboy! Keep up the great work!!

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
AFboy ur doing good bro, so what it's only caffeine. Pdiggs if uv been thru recovery then u know a drug is a drug is a drug. People can get addicted to anything. It reminds me of the movie Half-baked when Dave chappelle goes to the NA meeting and he's like "I'm addicted to pot" and the one dude from Full house stands up and goes"pot, only pot! Try suckin D*ck for coke!" Funny movie by the way.

skunkman

Awards
You may want to look into poseidon. I find that i feel much better on it and it seems to make my other supps work better.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
I can relate to this .Ive used some kind of stim for as long as I remember.Started in my early 20s [ECA]and more recently[now 43]I seem to be hooked on AMP/caffine-5 days wk.Ive taken short breaks at times and my adrenals may not be in great shape but this is the way I choose to be and I dont have a problem with that

Black35thz28

Awards
Bump I have been having ibs like sypmtoms for a week

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
Wow, I forgot I even made this thread lol

Yes- the update is I am stim free! The ONLY stim I use is jack3d and that’s only one scoop. Besides that I take a multivit and small cup of coffee to wake up and that’s it! I love it because my anxiety has gone way down and…no more crashing! It’s a little harder to focus, but you manage. A supplement I have found recently is citrulline malate. It really gets the blood pumping and I have found this has helped me stay away a little better. Other than that, I will never- ever go back to stims again.

Black35thz28

Awards
Hows the IBS I quit superpump for 1 week and am feeling better slowly. I got pains and constipation once i quit sp250 to cycle.

Hefsinthegym

Awards
Big fan of Jack3d here man. Potent good stuff! As a regular user, please be careful and try to maintain the 1 scoop limit. Make sure you cycle off a week for every 4 weeks you're on it. Also may want to consider a 5-6 days a week protocol. This has worked very well for me as a two scoop user. Keep up the good work dude, you have come a long way!

drvinnybombat

Awards
I take stims too, but only for working out. I don't even drink coffee. I also never use a heavy dose; 1 and 1/2 scoops of White Flood, formerly 1 and 1/3 scoop of NO Xplode. And I do force myself to cycle off for at least a week or two once in a while.

But...I really hate working out without something. You think I'm somewhat addicted????

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lol, try kickin heroin *****. no but seriously u made that all sound like needed to go to rehab for caffiene. take it from someone who was addicted to real drugs... ur gonna be ok
i admire you for being able to kick one hellava badass addiction-i hope you are able to stick it out, i have heard that not many are successful long term-i sincerely hope you are one of the fortunate [blessed]ones.
but i don't discount the difficulties with caffeine addiction-hey an addiction of any kind, if it is a true addiction is a pain in the asss.

as a recovering alcoholic myself-i wish you all the best.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I did it via adrenal fatigue. First off stims aren't addictive, not in a dependency sense. You're simply experiencing a crash in norephinephrine levels.

Adrenal fatigue additions:
1. Chromium - balance blood sugar
2. Switch to low GI carbs
3. Greatly increase protein intake (very modern theory)
4. Small meals across the day
5. There's something I've missed.... I forget.

Another route go non-OTC and swing an adrenal fatigue routine into that. Taper the non-OTC then keep going on adrenal fatigue. Just AF takes 6 months to kick in successfully.

Add GPLC :cool: - personal advise.

To be honest if I was really doing this again I'd swing straight into a cycle and heavy duty PCT, but get it wrong and its a source of fatigue. Better clear the adrenal fatigue first.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah mega-B vits. VERY important. It'll take 4 months to kick in.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Man this really gets me thinking on our society and the addictions to Monster, Amps, Stim supplements, etc.

I go through short weeks of alot of monsters or Venoms, then dont touch em for a week or two. So I guess I never ran into this. And I agree I loved Stim X as well as Slim X, but I would use them max 2 days a week for sports. I dont like their energy for lifting(too much lol).

I hope your body equalizes soon for you bro.

As someone else said, try Reset AD. I used it before even without burnout and felt an increase in sensitivity.

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
I did it via adrenal fatigue. First off stims aren't addictive, not in a dependency sense. You're simply experiencing a crash in norephinephrine levels.
So you're telling me that cocaine isn't addictive? Or how about methamphetamine? And when you experience withdrawal symptoms like a person does with caffeine it's considered addictive.

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
Bringing this back for a little question for all. TT-33- anyone try this? Lately I've been looking for a little edge because I am back in school and working full time- but I don't want to touch any stims. Most I do right now is mountain dew- but I'm looking for something a little more natural. Mega-B vitamins would help but does anyone have other ideas?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dude- I used to IV methamphetamine I didnt know people could become hooked on stims like this that arent illicit- it doesnt surprise me but man! Quit with a little bit of caffine to wene urself off- if that causes u to relapse into ur stim addiction then quit cold turkey!

Good luck pm if u wanna chat

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Adrenal fatigue additions:
1. Chromium - balance blood sugar
2. Switch to low GI carbs
3. Greatly increase protein intake (very modern theory)
4. Small meals across the day
5. There's something I've missed.... I forget.

Another route go non-OTC and swing an adrenal fatigue routine into that. Taper the non-OTC then keep going on adrenal fatigue. Just AF takes 6 months to kick in successfully.

Add GPLC :cool: - personal advise.

To be honest if I was really doing this again I'd swing straight into a cycle and heavy duty PCT, but get it wrong and its a source of fatigue. Better clear the adrenal fatigue first.

This is not the case- Stimulants are not PHYSICALLY addicting, but they ARE mentally addicting- in case you dont know the difference physical addiction means physical withdrawl as from heroin or benzos or even alcohol

Mental means it is mentally controlling/running his life
Often times physical addiction goes hand in hand with mental

I have done every illicit chemical under the sun- I no longer do them via a spiritual way of life but man they can hook someone-quick

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Have you considered Piracetem (or any other -racetem nootropic) as well? Many users report greater mental acuity.

afboy143

afboy143

Awards
Have you considered Piracetem (or any other -racetem nootropic) as well? Many users report greater mental acuity.
Actually, I have. I also read it takes a while to build up in the system and you should mix it with choline. It's funny you mentioned this because I was researching all about it just last night. Do you have personal experience on this product? If so, what dosing did you find best, and how long did it take to kick in?