How Much Maximum Lean Mass Could You Add?

How Much Maximum Lean Mass Could You Add Within One Month?

• Less Than 2lbs

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Between 2lbs and 4lbs

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Over 4lbs

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What was the record amount of lean mass you could add within one month? And how did you achieve the result?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How dare you make two posts that are nearly identical that confuse me!! How bout you tell me the answer !!!

lol truthfully i feel that within a months time frame that you can only add a limited amount of lean mass without hormonal help. With that said the most i have gained in a months time, not including first time lifting gains, would be the month that coincided with the end of an x-factor run i had. I can not fully recollect the actual amount i gained but it was more than i could normally gain within a month. That and AP seem to be the only things that really helped gain more than the designated amount you can normally gain in a month while still staying lean. With that said i am only speaking from a supplement point of view and from a training standpoint these gains seem best when i am training with a split that hits each muscle twice a week and while eating in a higher carb and caloric surplus.

Any particular reason you are asking this strat?? anything else you want me to add to what i have said?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How dare you make two posts that are nearly identical that confuse me!! How bout you tell me the answer !!!
I understood the two questions were related, but I wanted to separate them nonetheless to give interested bulkers and cutters a chance to participate. :D

Any particular reason you are asking this strat?? anything else you want me to add to what i have said?
Your response is detailed. Thanks, bolt! :thumbsup: I just wanted to see how different people attack the goal of adding lean mass...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jungelwarfare, Anabolic Pump, Pslin, TONS of calories and no cardio. I went from 220lbs to 230lbs in a month.

Oh you know what, I just noticed this thread said "Lean Mass." I miss voted then. I can't tell you how much "Lean Mass" I gained, sorry about that, I sort of jumped the gun.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in the 2lbs-4lbs group. Also, very high volume, hypertrophic training.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NP man. Just saw the poll and voted for the between 2-4 as i feel that is what i usually can attain at max of lean mass a month. I did feel i gained more than that wen i ran x-factor but have no way of truly verifying this

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
When I voted I thought the poll was asking how much could a normal person max out on, so I voted for 2-4 lbs. Luckily for myself negating gains I made after I lost a lot of weight as well as the gains I made the first month of working with Bobo my best month would be somewhere in the range of 2-4 lbs.

Supplements were P-Full and AP and gained a solid 4 lbs with less than .25 lbs of fat while making legit strength gains.

Anything over 4 lbs in a month you are either genetically gifted or "on" imo (4 lbs in a month doesn't sound like all that much, but a pound a week would be awesome gains.)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I voted I thought the poll was asking how much could a normal person max out on, so I voted for 2-4 lbs. Luckily for myself negating gains I made after I lost a lot of weight as well as the gains I made the first month of working with Bobo my best month would be somewhere in the range of 2-4 lbs.

Supplements were P-Full and AP and gained a solid 4 lbs with less than .25 lbs of fat while making legit strength gains.

Anything over 4 lbs in a month you are either genetically gifted or "on" imo (4 lbs in a month doesn't sound like all that much, but a pound a week would be awesome gains.)
gaining 4lbs of just "weight" in a month isn't jack, I can do that in a week, but gaining 4lbs of LBM, now that's huge. You would definitely have to be genetically spoiled or on the good stuff to exceed that.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
gaining 4lbs of just "weight" in a month isn't jack, I can do that in a week, but gaining 4lbs of LBM, now that's huge. You would definitely have to be genetically spoiled or on the good stuff to exceed that.
Of course, all measurements are only muscle mass. I can gain 4 lbs in an hour at a quality sub place lol :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course, all measurements are only muscle mass. I can gain 4 lbs in an hour at a quality sub place lol :D
That much extra lean mass (even total body weight) in an hour would probably be suicidal...D

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
That much extra lean mass (even total body weight) in an hour would probably be suicidal...D
Only way your getting 4 lbs of non water weight/ food weight in an hour is implants lol.

IDK man I've put down some amounts of less than stellar quality food before on all out binges that may have had me up like 6-10 pounds in an hour easy (thats with water as well.)

Pimp C

Awards
14lbs. 3200calories. protein=400grams, carbs=200, fat=90
TRN-X, Magnadrol.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
5.7lbs solid...i was running igf2/yg/bu/and rpm...calorie intake was around 3600, i think. I can not find my note pad from late last year. I believe I ended up gaining 12 total in the 12 weeks that I ran it all ... but due to personal problems, I did not get a chance to get the lbm measured.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends on what you mean by lean mass, remember with each pound of muscle gained you are going to add a significant amount of water. I think it's something like I lb of dry muscle with normally hold about 3-4 lbs of water. (I could be dead wrong going from memory).

I had a guy gain 18 lbs in about 9 weeks (newbie gains) and I swear he looked leaner too. He was not genetically gifted at all and took no supps besides whey powder. Consider that about 14 of that was water though and you have 4 lbs of dry mass.