Bulk BCAA and Beta Alanine Dose

Treb

Treb

Awards
i bought the bulk BCAA and Beta Alanine from Nutra Plantet. what's the best dose that i should take of each? if my body weight matters, i'm 6'4 230.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing 3 grams 2 times a day for beta alanine.

I drink BCAA's between meals when I get hungry, maybe 3 grams. I do 4-6 grams pre-workout and post.

If you wanna make a better tasting BCAA drink, add a crystal light 0 calorie packet to the BCAA's. It's a little like xtend.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
If you wanna make a better tasting BCAA drink, add a crystal light 0 calorie packet to the BCAA's. It's a little like xtend.
:goodpost:
That's currently what I'm doing.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
Im doing about 10 grams of BCAAs per day. Im considering adding 2 grams of BA before and after working out. Is it worthwhile to take BA on off days?

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
I'll throw in my opinion for what it's worth.

For BCAAs I like 0.44g/kg during a workout (or half before and half after...doesn't really matter).

I also like 0.44g/kg per day, possibly more, for gaining muscle. 0.44g/kg is fine for retaining muscle when cutting.

Beta-alanine at least 10g a day. Pre- and post-workout and throughout the day if possible. Stack with creatine about 50/50.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
As for the Beta Alanine, I know that poliquin suggests around 6 or so grams per day.. Actually, his instructions are to up your dose until you get tingly, then back it down a bit and leave it there..

As for BCAA, I'd say 20grams pre workout, 20 during, and 20 post.

Colden

Colden

Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder
Awards
Here is what I do:

20-25 grams BCAA (mixed throughout day in protein and in preworkout drink)
3-5 grams BA (From Swell)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Beta-alanine at least 10g a day. Pre- and post-workout and throughout the day if possible. Stack with creatine about 50/50.
any reason for 10 g of ba a day?? seems wastefull to me, but im open minded.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't really see the point in taking BCAAs after a workout if I'm taking a shake or eating immediately following. To each their own though.

FWIIW, I take anywhere from 10g-15g of BCAAs through the duration of my w/o. I immediately have a shake post workout to hold me over until I can cook a post workout meal. My meal is usually ready within 45 minutes of completing my workout.