Best standalone?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
If you had to chose one supplement other than protein, creatine, bcaa, things like what, what would it be? Jungle warfare?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Na-rala , or Fish Oil (love Gaba too)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A potent nutrient partitioner.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anabolic Pump

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Pump because of its overall body appearance benefits, but that is subjective to a diet that would coincide with it. If carbs aren't in the picture then bulk beta alanine.

Colden

Colden

Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder
Awards
Poseidon. It is the only thing (other than protein) that I will not miss. I am kind of addicted.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Poseidon. It is the only thing (other than protein) that I will not miss. I am kind of addicted.
I'm halfway through a container of Poseidon and really felt nothing tangible with it other than some niacin flushes. The only thing I *think* happened was I would tend to sweat a little more when taking it preworkout. That's about it.

Took it mainly looking to get clean energy every day I don't take caffeine in the morning, but all that would happen is I would have more frequent bowel movements. I just don't understand the whole Poseidon obsession now, and it's the kind of hype you'd expect from something with at least some tangible positive effect.

Not bashing it in any way of course, just don't know why it's such a staple. Maybe it has long-term health benefits or something?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Na-rala works rather similar to anabolic pump(same principal).....but much more effective!! Take it with carb meals, and post workout shakes w/ carbs....and cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just ALA will do it too... do you know if there is any benifit to na-rala over ALA trip? and I agree very cheap way to increase nutrient repartitioning

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just ALA will do it too... do you know if there is any benifit to na-rala over ALA trip? and I agree very cheap way to increase nutrient repartitioning
As you know, standard ALA is made up of two forms, the "S" form and the biologically active "R" form. Basically, Na-RALA is based on the more biologically active "R" form. Beyond this, the RLA (or RALA) in Na-RALA is stabilized with a sodium (Na) salt (= Sodium R-Alpha Lipoate, I believe). This is significant because ordinary ALA, or even non-stabilized RLA, polymerizes rather promptly on exposure to light, heat or moisture. Na-RALA, on the other hand, has a long shelf-life (three or so years) even without refrigeration.
Something else. Each serving of a typical Na-RALA product should contain less than 1% or so of the recommended daily consumption of sodium, and so should have no adverse impact whatever on blood pressure. Besides, the only form of sodium known to impact blood pressure is common salt (sodium chloride).
Net, Na-RALA demonstrates significantly more stability than standard ALA and contains dramatically more bioavailable and active lipoic acid per mg than standard ALA.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Na-rala works rather similar to anabolic pump(same principal).....but much more effective!! ...
I may be wrong, but I thought the specific tannins in Anabolic Pump would elevate GLUT-4 levels in skeletal muscle cells (allowing glucose intake), but down-regulate the activation of GLUT-4 in fat cells. If this is correct, I am not sure the same mechanism can be replicated by lipoic acid, as lipoic acid would activate GLUT-4 in both muscle and fat cells.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Na-rala works rather similar to anabolic pump(same principal).....but much more effective!! Take it with carb meals, and post workout shakes w/ carbs....and cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dang, i've been looking more and more into getting some of this stuff recently. IS available in bulk which is what i like. AP is the bomb!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I may be wrong, but I thought the specific tannins in Anabolic Pump would elevate GLUT-4 levels in skeletal muscle cells (allowing glucose intake), but down-regulate the activation of GLUT-4 in fat cells. If this is correct, I am not sure the same mechanism can be replicated by lipoic acid, as lipoic acid would activate GLUT-4 in both muscle and fat cells.
Thats what I took away from the write up on AP and is also why I shell out the extra bucks for AP over bulk ALA. I wondered how it was able to be so specific but I'm a chemistry/nutrition n00b.

Awesome posts Strategic.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To be honest im not really sure about that. I'm not bashing anabolic pump at all, I just personally use Na-Rala and always will.

Awesome post on ALA stratigic!!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To be honest im not really sure about that. I'm not bashing anabolic pump at all, I just personally use Na-Rala and always will.
No hassles, Trip! I did not even get the impression you intended to do any bashing. :D. Na-RALA is a very potent and versatile compound, no question. You can't go wrong there!

Thanks! Vielen Dank!

C

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Pump for me as well, i live on it and am never coming off. Insulin sensitivity is KEY to fatloss or muscle gain.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established

Curious have you used AP yet or just content with Na-Rala? If it works for you thats awesome from a cost perspective and why change what works? It be interested though to see if you had noted any tangible differences between the two.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Curious have you used AP yet or just content with Na-Rala? If it works for you thats awesome from a cost perspective and why change what works? It be interested though to see if you had noted any tangible differences between the two.
Assuming for a second that Anabolic Pump and Na-RALA are equally effective at preferential activation of GLUT-4 cells, whether or not NA-RALA is more cost-effective depends on the daily dosages used to achieve the same results as Anabolic Pump. Assuming one doses Na-RALA at 1000mg daily (= about 1400mg of RLA), this will amount to about $1.40 per day at the current NutraPlanet price of about $35.00 for Na-RALA 25g. About the same daily cost of Anabolic Pump. More or less Na-RALA may be required. A lot of assumptions here, I know, but you get the drift :D

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No I never tried anabolic pump. I like the fact Na-rala is also a VERY potent antioxidant, and has great synergy with coQ-10.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Assuming for a second that Anabolic Pump and Na-RALA are equally effective at preferential activation of GLUT-4 cells, whether or not NA-RALA is more cost-effective depends on the daily dosages used to achieve the same results as Anabolic Pump. Assuming one doses Na-RALA at 1000mg daily (= about 1400mg of RLA), this will amount to about $1.40 per day at the current NutraPlanet price of about $35.00 for Na-RALA 25g. About the same daily cost of Anabolic Pump. More or less Na-RALA may be required. A lot of assumptions here, I know, but you get the drift :D
Personally I have never tried Na-RALA so I haven't had to dose it. Is there an amount that is directed to be taken with a certain amount of carbs or is it just divided throughout the day for health benefits and to keep a constant regulation of glut-4 enhancement?

No I never tried anabolic pump. I like the fact Na-rala is also a VERY potent antioxidant, and has great synergy with coQ-10.
Very true. I have been thinking about picking some up from nutra (the coQ-10) since they carry NOWs line but wasn't sure if it would truly be beneficial for someone my age, but you may have swayed me. How much are you dosing a day, 100-300mg?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very true. I have been thinking about picking some up from nutra (the coQ-10) since they carry NOWs line but wasn't sure if it would truly be beneficial for someone my age, but you may have swayed me. How much are you dosing a day, 100-300mg?
I only take 50 or 100mg a day.(50mg on non workout days, and 100mg on workout days)

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established

How many mg per meal? Per day?