Good first supplement to try?

orangecrush

orangecrush

Awards
As a new member i was looking though some threads and was wondering if you guys recommend any supplement (aside from protein and creatine) to take. Im 24 and have been lifting since i was 15 in high school when i started football. All ive taken is protein and after high school i had some spurts which i didn't workout. i started going seriously about a year and a half ago and now am looking to take a supplement to help get me more lean muscle and tone as well as keeping my size in tact. im 5'9 and weigh 185 pounds. when i began i was 194 pounds so i dropped a few pounds then gained a lot back in muscle. My workout program consists of 3-4 days per week with medium cardio.i have the mass i like but id like more tone. As far as supplements go i have hyperactivity to caffeine and energy stimulants so i doubt noxplode or hydroxycut will help. Ive looked into supplements like anabol-5 and 6OXO along with some andros but dont know if those will help. BTW my names Dave, im from denver.

orangecrush

orangecrush

Awards
BTW im curently taking EAS 100% whey protein which ive taken a while and also have gotten some proteins by dymatize elite and metabolic whey. I liies Muscle milk for the taste but it didn't have what i was looking for in terms of pure whey. the creatine ive tried is called creatine fuel powder by twinlab. One thing i am looking for is that the supplement i take doesn't mess with my moods (since i have a kid) and that it doesnt have bad sides....bump

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
Your cant go wrong with the Drive by Applied Nutriceuticals one of the best natural test boosters ive ever taken, its not a stimulant so no worries there. i would also pick up xtend by scivation or purple wraath by controlled labs those are both solid supps IMO. By the way welcome to AM.

M

MeatHead88

Awards
I'd say aside from Creatine and Whey Protein you could try some sort of L-Arginine supplement (NO2, Nitrix, etc.) and/or Beta-Alanine. Both of the aforementioned supplements offer increases in lean muscle mass and definition (when combined with proper diet and exercise, of course) while remaining very safe.

orangecrush

orangecrush

Awards
Thanks man. I stubled upon the site looking through some supplements and think since i am 24 and am starting to see the testo. drop its a good time to start trying some supps.Drive helped cut you up as well? ive heard of anabol-5 being a good test. booster but ive gotten mixed results and a guy i knew who took it gained like 15 pounds and im not looking for that big of a gain. is drive found at most local supp. shops or is it better to get online?

orangecrush

orangecrush

Awards
I'd say aside from Creatine and Whey Protein you could try some sort of L-Arginine supplement (NO2, Nitrix, etc.) and/or Beta-Alanine. Both of the aforementioned supplements offer increases in lean muscle mass and definition (when combined with proper diet and exercise, of course) while remaining very safe.
What are some beta-Alanine products out there? the only thing about no2 or nitrix im worried about is the whole sensitivity issue. i heard they get you pretty wired. Do L-arginine products contain energy boosters?

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. I stubled upon the site looking through some supplements and think since i am 24 and am starting to see the testo. drop its a good time to start trying some supps.Drive helped cut you up as well? ive heard of anabol-5 being a good test. booster but ive gotten mixed results and a guy i knew who took it gained like 15 pounds and im not looking for that big of a gain. is drive found at most local supp. shops or is it better to get online?
Drive helped me gain lean muscle, increased my endurance dramatically and I also dropped some body fat. As for anabol 5, I cant say for sure but i doubt you can gain 15lbs from a product like that, every single ingredient in it is underdosed. Im not a fan of nutrex as with many people on this forum. I dont think you can find drive at many supp shops so your best bet is to get it from Nutra Planet. They have the best prices on the internet on most of the stuff they sell. Heres a link:
http://store.anabolicminds.com/manufacturer/applied-nutriceuticals/

orangecrush

orangecrush

Awards
Drive helped me gain lean muscle, increased my endurance dramatically and I also dropped some body fat. As for anabol 5, I cant say for sure but i doubt you can gain 15lbs from a product like that, every single ingredient in it is underdosed. Im not a fan of nutrex as with many people on this forum. I dont think you can find drive at many supp shops so your best bet is to get it from Nutra Planet. They have the best prices on the internet on most of the stuff they sell. Heres a link:
http://store.anabolicminds.com/manufacturer/applied-nutriceuticals/
Right on. ill check the site out. those are the same things im looking to get out of a supplement so ill check it out. thanks for the link.

M

MeatHead88

Awards
Some L-Arginine supps do contain stimulants such as N.O. Xplode, but the stimulant count in NO2 and Nitrix is pretty mild and shouldn't send you over the top. As far as beta alanine goes many pharmaceutical companies are coming out with their own specific supplements, but GNC carries it in convenient pill form and Palo Alto labs has a product called incarnate which was one of the first beta alanine supplements.

orangecrush

orangecrush

Awards
Some L-Arginine supps do contain stimulants such as N.O. Xplode, but the stimulant count in NO2 and Nitrix is pretty mild and shouldn't send you over the top. As far as beta alanine goes many pharmaceutical companies are coming out with their own specific supplements, but GNC carries it in convenient pill form and Palo Alto labs has a product called incarnate which was one of the first beta alanine supplements.
Oh ok. ill look into those as well. thanks man. the one thing about testo boosters is since i am 24 and not in need of anything to help increase my libido i get a little freaked about that. i dont want to go back to my teen days...lol. do the testo boosters go over 100% of testo in your body or does it just get you to the 100% mark like you were at 18?

J

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Look into Xtend Dave, I started taking it and I believe it really helped me to keep my LBM while dieting plus it gave me energy and tastes freaking awesome ( I love the watermelon! )

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
BTW im curently taking EAS 100% whey protein which ive taken a while and also have gotten some proteins by dymatize elite and metabolic whey. I liies Muscle milk for the taste but it didn't have what i was looking for in terms of pure whey. the creatine ive tried is called creatine fuel powder by twinlab. One thing i am looking for is that the supplement i take doesn't mess with my moods (since i have a kid) and that it doesnt have bad sides....bump
What does your diet look like outside protein shakes?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beta alanine bulk, probably don't need a test booster. citrulline malate would be a nice add as well. really getting more lean mass while not gaining fat is more about diet + exercise than supps.

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
Dave, I just started megadosing fish oil based on recommendations on AM and I'm loving it so far. Mood is consistently good and I seem to be gaining more lean mass and less fat (I'm on a bulk). Also I take green tea pills and a multi. Just my $0.02. Good luck!

R

rcarracedo

Awards
i wonder why everyone on this board mentions Drive but not RPM ... I am doing both and in less than two weeks I've noticed a big difference. It's weird .... obviously I haven't gained much weight but I am bigger. I could tell because my clothes fit tighter and I could see it also ... increases in strength and endurance are definitely there also.

BTW: Do you think it is the Drive that is working more? Is the RPM a waiste of money?

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
synergy baby

BTW: Do you think it is the Drive that is working more? Is the RPM a waiste of money?
Probably a combination of the two working together. There are a couple DRIVE/RPM logs going on in the logs section.

I had a couple samples of RPM before it came out and I loved it.

R

rcarracedo

Awards
Probably a combination of the two working together. There are a couple DRIVE/RPM logs going on in the logs section.

I had a couple samples of RPM before it came out and I loved it.
Good to know I am not imagining the results and to hear from someone who has done one and not the other at a given time. I'm doing both and I like the stack. I want to add IGF-2 next.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
Good to know I am not imagining the results and to hear from someone who has done one and not the other at a given time. I'm doing both and I like the stack. I want to add IGF-2 next.

Have you seen any side effects from the two? I am really interested in trying the DRIVE/RPM stack. How long have you been taking them and what have your gains been.

From what I have read a lot of people who don't like RPM don't like it because it makes them too jittery. I don't know if they are dosing it too high or what. I never experienced any negative sides like that while taking the samples. For me it was more of a nice steady energy rush.

R

rcarracedo

Awards
Have you seen any side effects from the two? I am really interested in trying the DRIVE/RPM stack. How long have you been taking them and what have your gains been.

From what I have read a lot of people who don't like RPM don't like it because it makes them too jittery. I don't know if they are dosing it too high or what. I never experienced any negative sides like that while taking the samples. For me it was more of a nice steady energy rush.

I have noticed nothing but good side effects with this stack ... here they are ...

Stronger
More Endurance
Harder
Nice Pumps
And this is what gets me ... I'm bigger because I can tell by the way my clothes are fitting but I haven't gained much weight. Also ... I've been on it for less than 2 weeks.

Now I have to admit ... I do not follow a strict diet. If I was on a diet I would probably get more out of it.

In a nutshell, I would recomend this stack to anyone.

BTW: It also serves as a male enhancement stack. Incredible stuff,.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
I have noticed nothing but good side effects with this stack ... here they are ...

Stronger
More Endurance
Harder
Nice Pumps
And this is what gets me ... I'm bigger because I can tell by the way my clothes are fitting but I haven't gained much weight. Also ... I've been on it for less than 2 weeks.

Now I have to admit ... I do not follow a strict diet. If I was on a diet I would probably get more out of it.

In a nutshell, I would recomend this stack to anyone.

BTW: It also serves as a male enhancement stack. Incredible stuff,.
Sounds good. Seems like my kind of stack. Those are some sides I can put up with. :)

I am definitely going to try this out in the near future. Probably when I am done with my current cycle.

I am seeing similar results from 11oxo at the recommended dosage. I have only lost 1 pound in 13 days. I am noticably loosing fat, my waist line is getting smaller. However, my thighs are getting bigger and chest is getting bigger. I can tell because my boxers are starting to get really tight around my thighs. It is sort of annoying me because I am not used to having to adjust my boxers all the time. Everybody probably thinks there is something wrong with me because I keep adjusting.

I have a log going on if you want to check it out http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/87881-11oxo-log.html

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I'll throw a boring one into the mix. How about digestive enzymes with betaine hcl. Check out Nutraplanet for the goods son.

orangecrush

orangecrush

Awards
What does your diet look like outside protein shakes?
outside of protein i have a pretty lax diet. i eat high protein foods like peanut butter, tuna, eggs, poultry and dairy along with some carbs mixed in but not as high as proteins. a drink a lot of water and have a pretty decent diet but i dont count calories, carbs or proteins. i try to get at least 100 grams of protein daily. i am in the 185-190 range and am about 5'9 and i seem to stay at the weight range. id like to slim down a few things around my torso but i also want to keep the mass i have. ive been about the same size for about 1 year now and just want some definition and be able to cut up. i do eat out a bit and i love to eat so i dont want to make many changes to my diet.

orangecrush

orangecrush

Awards
Look into Xtend Dave, I started taking it and I believe it really helped me to keep my LBM while dieting plus it gave me energy and tastes freaking awesome ( I love the watermelon! )
you kept your lean mass with xtend? ill have to look at that too. since ive been "all natural" until now i pretty much have a lot to learn about other supps.

orangecrush

orangecrush

Awards
Beta alanine bulk, probably don't need a test booster. citrulline malate would be a nice add as well. really getting more lean mass while not gaining fat is more about diet + exercise than supps.
yeah its real tough to cardio without losing mass though. its a tough compromise. i think the best thing to do is take tye protein levels down and keep running but i worry about losing mass.

orangecrush

orangecrush

Awards
Dave, I just started megadosing fish oil based on recommendations on AM and I'm loving it so far. Mood is consistently good and I seem to be gaining more lean mass and less fat (I'm on a bulk). Also I take green tea pills and a multi. Just my $0.02. Good luck!
getting on a multi is one thing i will do. fish oil is in pill format right? how much did they recommend you take? it seems to be healthy too but i didn't know they would help that much.
is stacking a good idea? since i will be new to supplements i dont want to jump all in. ive heard of the rpm/drive stack but it seems to be too much to start with.

orangecrush

orangecrush

Awards
Sounds good. Seems like my kind of stack. Those are some sides I can put up with. :)

I am definitely going to try this out in the near future. Probably when I am done with my current cycle.

I am seeing similar results from 11oxo at the recommended dosage. I have only lost 1 pound in 13 days. I am noticably loosing fat, my waist line is getting smaller. However, my thighs are getting bigger and chest is getting bigger. I can tell because my boxers are starting to get really tight around my thighs. It is sort of annoying me because I am not used to having to adjust my boxers all the time. Everybody probably thinks there is something wrong with me because I keep adjusting.

I have a log going on if you want to check it out http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/87881-11oxo-log.html
whats the difference between 11oxo and 6oxo? I was going to try 6oxo b/c my firend recommended it.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
whats the difference between 11oxo and 6oxo? I was going to try 6oxo b/c my firend recommended it.
6-oxo is an AI for estrogen control and test boosting. 11-oxo is a selective cortisol inhibitor, and even though it is not a prohormone or methylated, it still requires a PCT which would most likely be 6-oxo. i would suggest a good first supplement probably Sizeon, green MAG, and maybe even activate xtreme

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah its real tough to cardio without losing mass though. its a tough compromise. i think the best thing to do is take tye protein levels down and keep running but i worry about losing mass.
really if you want to retain the lean mass while loosing fat, clipping the protein is the last thing you want to do. really dropping some carbs and even raising your protein is a better idea.

J

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Save your money on the 6-oxo and pick up some trione from Nutra - better price and the same thing ( so i've found by searching the boards )

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established

In a nutshell, 6oxo is for estrogen control. 11oxo is for cortisol regulation @ the recommended dose and decreases body fat (especially visceral tissue).

D

dansyerman

Awards
hello over there, don't know how I got on to this site, but will stick with it for now. I am from (Glasgow). a first timer btw. looking for advice, 5'8" about 76k, enough bodyfat that you can't see any kind of pack, never mind six. been going to gym long enough, no great results. diet not bad, don't drink or smoke, seen in a post about fish oil, green tea and a multi vitamin, would dearly like to see results a lot quicker. cheers Danny.

W

w3ss

Awards
  • Established
hello over there, don't know how I got on to this site, but will stick with it for now. I am from (Glasgow). a first timer btw. looking for advice, 5'8" about 76k, enough bodyfat that you can't see any kind of pack, never mind six. been going to gym long enough, no great results. diet not bad, don't drink or smoke, seen in a post about fish oil, green tea and a multi vitamin, would dearly like to see results a lot quicker. cheers Danny.
try usplabs anabolic pump, you'll see a results..