• All the whey

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
So,
which brand puts out the best tasting protein overall?
If we were to compare flavor vs. flavor I'm sure there'd be no end to the dispute, so I'd like to ask for the best brand overall, when it comes to flavor. If there's a well known brand I've left out and they're worth considering, let me know!

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Cytosport is by far the best of the afforementioned in the poll (taste wise)

For a similar product to muscle milk with great taste and higher quality protein as well as a better nutrition profile I would say go for Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I have only really had ON lately but I have 10lbs of isolate coming from All The Whey. Considering f'n ON is now $104. plus tax here and I can get 10lbs isolate from ATW for $85 or so all in.

I will update this thread upon taste review of ATW. I am hoping they have what it takes to make me a lifetime consumer / customer. F ON and their price jacking!

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I really like ON's Gingerbread Cookie flavored whey. Too bad it's seasonal.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
Gotta go with cytosport muscle milk cant be beat as far as my tastebuds go

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I have only really had ON lately but I have 10lbs of isolate coming from All The Whey. Considering f'n ON is now $104. plus tax here and I can get 10lbs isolate from ATW for $85 or so all in.

I will update this thread upon taste review of ATW. I am hoping they have what it takes to make me a lifetime consumer / customer. F ON and their price jacking!
Yeah,
Amazon sells ON directly and I thought the high price was just because amazon overprices what few supplements they do sell directly, but looking around I see ON is pretty epensive. Too bad as I'm a Prime member at amazon and get 2 day shipping free and overnight for $4.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
cookies & cream ON gotta be the best protein out there

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Yeah,
Amazon sells ON directly and I thought the high price was just because amazon overprices what few supplements they do sell directly, but looking around I see ON is pretty epensive. Too bad as I'm a Prime member at amazon and get 2 day shipping free and overnight for $4.
All The Whey has free shipping ;)

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Does it though......does it really?

All The Whey

1. Cinnamon Bun Blend
2. Strawberry Blend
3. Chocolate Mint Blend
4. Banana Blend
5. Vanilla Blend
6. Orange Blend
7. Chocolate Blend
8. Orange Isolate
9. Chocolate Isolate
10.Banana Isolate

If you have tried them then please give your feedback. I haven't seen any negative feedback for them!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/all-whey/

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
AllMax, Xtreme Formulations, and Champion are my choices for best tasting on the market today. BSN Syntha-6 is great as well.

hohlernr

Awards
BSN Lean Desert is by far the best protein I have ever had hands down....the cinnamon roll in oatmeal cannot be beat, and the chocolate fudge pudding is like heaven in my mouth

Prometherion

Prometherion

Awards
BSN, taste-wise, is the best I have had... easily.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
Have to go with ON. I will eventually try ATW though and I hear they are great.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
Taste alone, I have to go with muscle milk/light. However, I would only consider the light. Regular muscle milk has too much fat for me.

DrakeC

DrakeC

Awards
My favorite is Beverly internationals cookies & cream. Stuff isnt cheap but tastes fantastic.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Taste alone, I have to go with muscle milk/light. However, I would only consider the light. Regular muscle milk has too much fat for me.
I'd love to try the new cake batter flavor they have.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I just tried the banana pudding flavor of BSN's lean desert and I gotta say, almost tasted like real banan pudding. I'd vote for it, but I'm gonna try a couple more brands first.
Seriously heavy on the cholesterol though, at 17% dv per scoop.

PappaD

PappaD

Awards
I voted for Muscle Milk before I tasted All The Whey's Cinnamon Bun and it ROCKS!!!!

miswest

miswest

Awards
True Protein for me !
chocolate DC blend is awesome!
Shipping is next day because I live in California!

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Yeah,
Just found out about Amazon carrying ON - a 10# bag would have been significantly cheaper than the 2 5# tubs I'd just picked up...

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I stick w/ the French & other Vanillas - thing about vanilla is it goes well w/ a *ton* of stuff, including fruit, fruit juice, milk, sugar-free jello, and...chocolate. It offers such a wide range of opportunities, I feel no need to get anything else.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Just found out about Amazon carrying ON - a 10# bag would have been significantly cheaper than the 2 5# tubs I'd just picked up...
if you look around there's much better prices than what amazon is selling it for... I've been buying 5lbs tubs for $34 or less

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Truth be told:

All The Whey Isolate Orange Is THE BOMB! 10/10

This stuff is like creamsicly goodnezz! mmmm Who knew eating / drinking healthily could taste this good?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I voted Muscle Milk but I've really been wanting to try the All The Whey products...read some great reviews on taste!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
also, the Pro NOS by MRI tastes GREAT (Cookies and Cream), but it's F'n expensive!!!!!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know this protein isnt on there but LG is gonna be putting out a protein and it tastes really good, even in water. I like it alot better than ONs. Muscle Milk for me is to thick altho it does taste decent.

cyberheter0

Awards
Syntrax ftw that the first brand who made a lot of nice flavor on this products , i think sintrax has inspired a lot of brands...

unsub

Awards
Howdy all, new to the boards but so far I haven't found anything better than ON 100% Whey Tropical Punch. Tastes like Kool-aid and even with two scoops isn't thick like other brands.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
I'm still waiting for my ATW sample pack from marcus, but ISS's Cinnamon Oatmeal is probably my favorite right now. I'm one of the few freaks that actually likes oatmeal. However, I REALLY want to try ATW's chocolate mint and cinnamon bun though.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
My picks!

1.) ErgoPharm Gf-Pro Pineapple Mango
2.) Iron-Tek Essential Natural 100% Protein Banana Cream
3.) Champion Nutrition Pure Whey Stack Banana Cream

Nuff said!

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
ATW - Cinnamon Bun is really really good

But nothing is as good as BSN Syntha-6 Cookies & Cream as far as taste. I have a 5lb tub of ON's C&C and it's decent at best compared to Syntha-6 C&C as far as I've tried so far...

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I don't mind GNC brand, and its usually fairly inexpensive when used with a gold card. Other than that, ON is the only other brand I've ever tried and it's pretty good.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I love ON. If MM wasn't so high in fat thats the protein I would use because it's taste is also amazing.

jon1026

jon1026

Awards
BSN's Syntha 6 mochaccino, chocolate milk shake and cookies and cream taste awesome! Wish they would come in bigger tubs. But I'm waiting on ATW cinnamon bun. Can't wait for that one!

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
IMO it depends what you mix it with...BSN i like the best as far as flavor but you know what they say....if it tastes good its not good for you... ON whey in any flavor tastes better everytime i drink it!

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Syntha-6 is the best tasteing protein ever.....period. A close 2nd is ATW. Since ATW has a better profile and is a lot cheapr it is the best overall protein ever......PERIOD!

You obviously never purchased Ultra Peptide 2.0

In a recent poll of over 200 votes on another board, UP outshined 4 out of 6 brands including one you mentioned here.

Xtreme doesn't advertise, but it does win over quite a few on taste alone.