P-Slin and Protein

B

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
I've been using pslin for about a week now and i haven't noticed much to be honest. I've been taking in between 50 and 70grams of oats with 20 to 30 grams of waxy maize starch. I recall some threads recommending protein with it as well but I tried searching for some threads but couldn't find any. would a serving of syntha 6 be a good addition to my pre workout meal? not ready to write pslin off yet.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long are you waiting before meals to dose the P-Slin? Let's get you a good schedule going to see if we can get P-Slin to work for you.

Protein intake won't necessarily directly effect the way P-Slin works, but your body chemistry might.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
ive been having the same problem, i went to their website and that helped me alot. and yes i think you would be fine using syntha-6 because its a whey isolate if im not mistaken

B

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
i'm 5'7'' 175 with a mesomorph build. I take p-slin 20minutes prior to preworkout meals

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm not to hijack the thread, but wtf is with that avatar Mullet?!:blink:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was in an accident during the summer and I think that picture is gangster!

Behemoth, try waiting 30-45 minutes to dose the P-Slin. After 30-45, eat about 25-30g of WMS/Dextrose/Honey (or any simple carb), wait 10-15 minutes, and eat another 60g of whole grains. Work out an hour to an hour and a half later and see if that helps.

B

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
alright i'll definately give that a try tomorrow for my leg day, seeing as how im off to kill my shoulders right now. thanks for the help

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No issue. The GS in P-Slin induces an extremely healthy Insulin response independent of carbohydrates and exercise. By dosing the P-Slin this early, and consuming simple carbohydrates first, you illicit both the response of Insulin and of the Tannins complex which both assist in glycogen storage.

The Tannins in P-Slin also slows carbohydrate digestion via inhibition at the gastrointestinal phase, making those slow carbs., you ate in the second portion sustainable energy throughout your workout. All this should create an environment which is conducive to strength, endurance, and fullness.

Good luck.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that is pretty gangster.

I've been using P-Slin for about 2 months, and it is one of the better non-stim workouts I've ever tried. Not to mention it's stackable with anything which is just ridiculous.

I've just been taking it with like 24oz. powerade and pasta. Works great for me.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah that is pretty gangster.

I've been using P-Slin for about 2 months, and it is one of the better non-stim workouts I've ever tried. Not to mention it's stackable with anything which is just ridiculous.

I've just been taking it with like 24oz. powerade and pasta. Works great for me.
I love using AP and P-Slin to double carb-load before a workout. I'll take AP 20 minutes before about 80g of Oats. I'll then wait 60 minutes (for the Insulin-reactive proteins that active GLUT4 to receded) then take a P-Slin. 20 minutes after that I drink a full Gatorade w/ 5g Creatine, and 200mg Caffeine on my way to the gym. Pumps are intense.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love using AP and P-Slin to double carb-load before a workout. I'll take AP 20 minutes before about 80g of Oats. I'll then wait 60 minutes (for the Insulin-reactive proteins that active GLUT4 to receded) then take a P-Slin. 20 minutes after that I drink a full Gatorade w/ 5g Creatine, and 200mg Caffeine on my way to the gym. Pumps are intense.
Sounds painfully intense haha.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was just thinking that it sounds like you're P-Slin is relatively close to actually workout times. I usually wait like 90mins, is that too long? I might try waiting a little less today like:

PSlin + Carbs, wait 30mins, SteelEdge(or w/e pre-workout), wait 30mins, lift.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was just thinking that it sounds like you're P-Slin is relatively close to actually workout times. I usually wait like 90mins, is that too long? I might try waiting a little less today like:

i think that looks like a good plan, it usually depends on the kind of carbs with determining how long after eating them you can lift. Your plan looks solid tho

G

I've been using pslin for about a week now and i haven't noticed much to be honest. I've been taking in between 50 and 70grams of oats with 20 to 30 grams of waxy maize starch. I recall some threads recommending protein with it as well but I tried searching for some threads but couldn't find any. would a serving of syntha 6 be a good addition to my pre workout meal? not ready to write pslin off yet.

Do not give up on it, in some it may take 14 days to "feel" the effects but it's working from day 1.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Only because it comes after an AP dosage w/ sufficient slower digesting carbs, and used with simple sugars. So:

AP - wait 20 minutes - 80g Oats - wait 60 minutes - P-Slin - wait 20 minutes - Gatorade + Creatine + Caffeine.

It provides insane endurance and energy.

S

Saurabh

Awards
Same with me.

I started using Anabolic Pump and was so enthused that I ordered P-Slin as well only to realize it didnt really do anything. To worsen the situation even the affect of AP died after the second bottle.

It could be a personal thing but I am really not taken too much by AP and PSlin. One product that I do loveee from USP Labs is the Cissus one.

B

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna take pslin then wait 40minutes and take 1tablespoon of honey (17grams of carbs) 2 nanovapor scoops of Nutraplanet's Kwik Karb (20 to 30grams is my guess) wait 10mins then 3 packets of apple cinnamon oatmeal (70ish grams)

Tomorrow is legs with some more German Volume Training. aka 10x10 with 60second rest intervals. I'm not gonna ramp up the weight this week because although I did all 10 sets last week i would wait till 60seconds were up to approach the bar once i got to sets 6 and onward plus 15 or so seconds sike up time. So yeah 135 is more than enough for me.

Side Note: I tried some NO Shotgun v.2 today. Sample pack I got from the arnold classic and it was easily the worse tasting preworkout supplement i've ever tasted. no dice.

S

Saurabh

Awards
I'm gonna take pslin then wait 40minutes and take 1tablespoon of honey (17grams of carbs) 2 nanovapor scoops of Nutraplanet's Kwik Karb (20 to 30grams is my guess) wait 10mins then 3 packets of apple cinnamon oatmeal (70ish grams)
Tomorrow is legs with some more German Volume Training. aka 10x10 with 60second rest intervals. I'm not gonna ramp up the weight this week because although I did all 10 sets last week i would wait till 60seconds were up to approach the bar once i got to sets 6 and onward plus 15 or so seconds sike up time. So yeah 135 is more than enough for me.

Side Note: I tried some NO Shotgun v.2 today. Sample pack I got from the arnold classic and it was easily the worse tasting preworkout supplement i've ever tasted. no dice.
My question would be - Do you really need all that?

I mean think about it. If you are taking that many carbs isnt there a good chance your workout will already be fuelled? Dont get me wrong I am thinking your eating is correct just not sure whats PSlin doing in there.

This is what I would do.

About 45 minutes before workout - 50 grams carbs(Waxy Maize preferably) with 20-30 grams Whey Protein isolate.

10 minutes before workout - Zero calorie PWO drink like Vasocharge combined with BCAAs.

The food will get you enough fuel to go through workout without making you feel bloated. The Pre Workout drink will get you CReatine, NO, Beta Alanine, Caffein, Tyrosine etc. And you get BCAA during workout.

You can use PSlin if you have but frankly it didnt do anything for me, then again maybe it would do for you.

B

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
i think it sounds more than it actually is. 3 packets of oatmeal and 2 scoops of some wms in water or juice isn't really that filling to me. oh yeah, honey too

S

Saurabh

Awards
i think it sounds more than it actually is 3 packets of oatmeal and 2 scoops of some wms in water isn't really that filling to me. oh yeah, honey too
I hope I dont come across as criticizing you. Just that the world of bodybuilding fan is extremely small and we all can use some suggestions.

From what you have mentioned you are taking about 120 gm carbs, if not more, before workout. (17grams of carbs) 2 nanovapor scoops of Nutraplanet's Kwik Karb (20 to 30grams is my guess) wait 10mins then 3 packets of apple cinnamon oatmeal (70ish grams)). I am guessing you are taking some carbs after exercise as well. Say 60-100 grams. Essentially you are taking 200 plus carbs in less than 2 hour window(anything between 800-1000 calories). Do you really need that much?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope I dont come across as criticizing you. Just that the world of bodybuilding fan is extremely small and we all can use some suggestions.

From what you have mentioned you are taking about 120 gm carbs, if not more, before workout. (17grams of carbs) 2 nanovapor scoops of Nutraplanet's Kwik Karb (20 to 30grams is my guess) wait 10mins then 3 packets of apple cinnamon oatmeal (70ish grams)). I am guessing you are taking some carbs after exercise as well. Say 60-100 grams. Essentially you are taking 200 plus carbs in less than 2 hour window(anything between 800-1000 calories). Do you really need that much?
That's the point of both P-Slin and Anabolic Pump, to allow one to effectively and efficiently use one's own carbohydrate intake to further their training. Corollary to this use is an inhibition of adipocyte differentiation, making storage far more unlikely than with carbohydrates alone.

Technically none of us 'need' supplements, but that is the point inherent within the word - to supplement one's own diet and training. Both P-Slin and Anabolic Pump present a very novel opportunity for supplements, that being the ability to maximize your body's own natural processes; processes which are conducive to anabolism.

Behemoth, I don't see any issue with your plan.

B

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established

criticize away it's all good. well i'm actually in a bulking phase right now. I'm entering my first bodybuilding competition in august and i won't start cutting till june sometime. I'm at 7% bodyfat right now so the excessive carbs really won't hurt me that much

S

Saurabh

Awards
That's the point of both P-Slin and Anabolic Pump, to allow one to effectively and efficiently use one's own carbohydrate intake to further their training. Corollary to this use is an inhibition of adipocyte differentiation, making storage far more unlikely than with carbohydrates alone.
Fair enough. I personally feel taking them both is sort of an overkill. AP in itself "spiked" me for a while to grab as much carbs as possible. My worry with taking too much carbs before workout is how my tummy feels, specially on days like legs and back where you bending over. I personally like to do this on a not so full tummy.

Behemoth give your strategy a try and let us know how it worked out.

S

Saurabh

Awards
criticize away it's all good. well i'm actually in a bulking phase right now. I'm entering my first bodybuilding competition in august and i won't start cutting till june sometime. I'm at 7% bodyfat right now so the excessive carbs really won't hurt me that much
Ahh then eat away my friend :whiner:

G

I think waiting 40 minutes is to long. I'm not sure how long GLUT4 will stay on the surface of the cell after it Translocates.

20 minutes is sufficient time.

The problem is not the supplement, but your sensitivity to insulin.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not sure how long GLUT4 will stay on the surface of the cell after it Translocates.
Depends on a few proteins and their sensitivity, but in much of the in vitro I have seen they estimated about 30-45 minutes. I agree though, 40 minutes is somewhat long, but if 20 minutes wasn't working for him he may have a sensitivity issue.

B

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
ha oh that's awesome news to hear, I'll update tomorrow for sure. I'll wait 30minutes instead of 40. GVT was pretty brutal on me before so this should be interesting to see how far I go before i start to slowly increase my rests periods

G

Depends on a few proteins and their sensitivity, but in much of the in vitro I have seen they estimated about 30-45 minutes. I agree though, 40 minutes is somewhat long, but if 20 minutes wasn't working for him he may have a sensitivity issue.

Correct and P-Slin will help correct that over time and in our bodybuilding quest, Insulin insensitivity is a curse. P-Slin is a solution, but it's not overnight and many will not accept that scenario.

P-Slin is not a stimulant so should not be judged on the first few dosages.

G

ha oh that's awesome news to hear, I'll update tomorrow for sure. I'll wait 30minutes instead of 40. GVT was pretty brutal on me before so this should be interesting to see how far I go before i start to slowly increase my rests periods

Awesome, Keep us updated.

MOHAWKA

MOHAWKA

Awards
Behemoth, are u waiting 1-1.5 hrs after the carbs b4 u lift? if not how long? thanx

B

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
usually 45 minutes to an hour. kinda hard to remember, including the drive, and people stopping me to chat a little bit once i get to the gym since i work there.

B

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
alright, today is the beloved leg day. I took my pslin cap 25minutes ago and i'm mixing together my wms in juice now, i'll be taking a tablespoon of honey as well and in roughly 15minutes i'll down my 55grams of oatmeal.

B

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
I think I found my intake of carbs for pslin. although today's 10x10 on squat was cut short at 7 sets due to some lower back pain i made it there significantly easier than last week.

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Only because it comes after an AP dosage w/ sufficient slower digesting carbs, and used with simple sugars. So:

AP - wait 20 minutes - 80g Oats - wait 60 minutes - P-Slin - wait 20 minutes - Gatorade + Creatine + Caffeine.

It provides insane endurance and energy.
Yowzas! Definitly going to try this today... I've had great pumps with both AP/P-Slin, and never experienced any sort of hypo side effects whatsoever. Hyped to double-time these goodies. I've read some great things about P-Slin being used with simple sugars.. don't know why I havn't tried it yet.