To catch a Bodybuilder

M

musclemilk40

Banned
Awards
Im an avid fisherman as well as a bodybuilder, powerlifter. Im just tickled everytime I open a new bodybuilding magazine and see the latest products out there and the silly names these companies come up with. It's as bad as half the fishing lures out there, they catch the fishermans eye but he never catches a fish with that particular lure.

Names like Dark Matter?? WTF, is that brains mixed with arginine, Green Magna, White Blood? Last time i checked my blood was red and i want to keep it that way, there are so many more it just kills me. I don't mean to bash any of these companies or products, im sure there all pretty good in their own right, but common to the marketing department, lets quit with the ridiculous names.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
You aren't talking about Muscle Asylum are you?

M

musclemilk40

Banned
Awards
no, but they definately qualify

yeah they are pretty bad to, arson, wtf, im hardcore, but dont feel like starting a fire any time soon!

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
i was expecting a Chris Hansen youtube video :(

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Hahahhah.....

Chris Hansen: We have the bodybuilding magazines right here: in this "special ad report" your company claims to, "do things to the muscles that you couldn't even imagine," and "this product will pump you into tomorrow!" Now, excuse me, but it's all right here. We have the transcripts to prove that you said these things. What were you thinking?

MusTech: Uhhh...I don't know what I was thinking...I am ashamed...I can't believe I did this...I don't know what's wrong with me!!!

hahahaha

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
Billy Mays should advertise stuff like this on TV.

M

musclemilk40

Banned
Awards
recreate!!!

wow, exactly what are you gonna recreate, the imagination of these companies is going down the tubes, get some payote or something already!

B

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
yeah me and my buddy back in our freshman year in highschool were throwing around the idea of having our own fishinglure "MasterBate." gotta love immature juvenile humor

M

musclemilk40

Banned
Awards
do what

sensitive, sensitive, dude, if you read the message i said im sure the products are good, in my humble opinion though, they could do a better job of coming up with names for the products, i mean whats wrong with old fashioned say what you mean and mean what you say, "dark matter" that doesnt really inspire me to even pick the damn bottle up to read the label. i guess im just an old fart. Cant teach an old dawg new tricks, i liked the old days of Creatine xtreme, or Super Fat burners, oh well.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol - I'm with you on the name thing, bro! Life Member of the North American Fishing Club!! Some of the lures and products seem to almost cross eachother! We should have a game sometime....pick a real product name and see how many can recognize it as an obscure supplement or variety of tube bait. HA!! :D

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ha-Ha! The irony... I'll keep this comment silent.

Dark Matter? Sounds like what I would use to describe my fecal deployment after a night of drinking Guinness Stouts!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Dark Matter? Sounds like what I would use to describe my fecal deployment after a night of drinking Guinness Stouts!
Nice one Matt!

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established

Need to go create some dark matter now as a matter of fact...

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
yeah me and my buddy back in our freshman year in highschool were throwing around the idea of having our own fishinglure "MasterBate." gotta love immature juvenile humor
ORLY?

Attachments

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
It's even worse when idiots on the boards refer to supplements by their marketing names:

"I'm currently stacking Green Bulge, White Flood, Red Zero, Orange Nitro, Purple Wrath, Black Hole, and Blue Rush".

So, do you actually expect me to look up all that rainbow crap just to find out that you're taking a bunch of amino's and minerals? What the hell is that.

REFER TO SUPPLEMENTS BY ACTIVE INGREDIENTS NOT MARKETING NAMES

You're not taking "Green anything", you're taking a mixture of Creatine and magnesium.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
I can't stand the names. It's hard enough when people see you taking supps, and then they look at the bottle and it says something asinine. (nevermind the writeup on the other side) It started with my mom when I was young, once she saw the names of some of the things that I was taking, she was convinced that I was juicing. (and I was taking pretty normal sounding stuff..)

There's PLENTY of great options for names out there that won't make us look like tools. Gotta market to the clueless teenage masses, though.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I like the way SDI-Labs and Zoelabs has found so many different ways to chemically write Dhea.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
It's even worse when idiots on the boards refer to supplements by their marketing names:

"I'm currently stacking Green Bulge, White Flood, Red Zero, Orange Nitro, Purple Wrath, Black Hole, and Blue Rush".

So, do you actually expect me to look up all that rainbow crap just to find out that you're taking a bunch of amino's and minerals? What the hell is that.

You're not taking "Green anything", you're taking a mixture of Creatine and magnesium.
LOL! I had to make this after the 'rainbow crap' statement.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Want some anabolic cheese with that whine? :whiner:

All kidding aside, you've got a good point. It is pretty ridiculous. Bulk supps ftw!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
LOL! I had to make this after the 'rainbow crap' statement.

You sonuva b*tch you beat me to it.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dr Packenwood again."

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
You sonuva b*tch you beat me to it.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dr Packenwood again."
I had a very small window of opportunity and a very slow computer working against me. I feel lucky to have finished it when I did.

:bb3:

B

Bato226

Awards
Hell yea:squat:

QUOTE=Al Shades;1247122]It's even worse when idiots on the boards refer to supplements by their marketing names:

You're not taking "Green anything", you're taking a mixture of Creatine and magnesium.[/QUOTE]

t3stxlr4titud

t3stxlr4titud

Awards
  • Established
Yes, supplement euphemisms are great.

-TF

t3stxlr4titud

t3stxlr4titud

Awards
  • Established
BTW

you forgot Golden Finish, which makes me think of Golden Showers.

-TF

t3stxlr4titud

t3stxlr4titud

Awards
  • Established
I had a very small window of opportunity and a very slow computer working against me. I feel lucky to have finished it when I did.

:bb3:
You ruined a great thing my man. Let the image speak for itself.

-TF

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Anabolics 5
D Supplements 40
beastmode1981 Supplement Auction 8
andrieka Cycle Logs 7
M Supplements 71