absorbtion rate

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.57%

absorbtion rate

does anyone know a source where you can find out the absorbtion rate of all vitamins etc etc, ex. if you take 1000mg of vitamin c how much actually gets absorbed. i was just surfing the web for like a encyclopedia of vitamin and herb absorption rate's, any info much appreciated

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by king1033;
    does anyone know a source where you can find out the absorbtion rate of all vitamins etc etc, ex. if you take 1000mg of vitamin c how much actually gets absorbed. i was just surfing the web for like a encyclopedia of vitamin and herb absorption rate's, any info much appreciated
    I wonder if there is a universal answer or formula as different complex factors are involved: lifestyle; individual metabolism; age, state of health/medical history; other compounds taken before, simultaneously, after; empty or full stomach; and so on...
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.57%

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I wonder if there is a universal answer or formula as different complex factors are involved: lifestyle; individual metabolism; age, state of health/medical history; other compounds taken before, simultaneously, after; empty or full stomach; and so on...

yea i know right its something I am really curious about!!
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.75%

This is a rhetorical question, right? You've got a PhD in Economics if I'm not mistaken (can't find the thread right now, so I might be). Or are you asking something deeper?
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy;
    This is a rhetorical question, right? You've got a PhD in Economics if I'm not mistaken (can't find the thread right now, so I might be). Or are you asking something deeper?
    Yes, I have a PhD in Economics, but I am not sure where you are headed. Could you please clarify?
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.75%

Yes, I have a PhD in Economics, but I am not sure where you are headed. Could you please clarify?
    My apologies for the delay. These days collecting my thoughts takes longer than it used to.

Where I was heading is that in all the sciences we create/invent/discover/devise/formulate mathematical models to describe data and relationships for whatever we are examining. So what is it about these variables which would make you wonder whether or not they were susceptible/amenable to a similar treatment? Why wouldn't they be?
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy;
    My apologies for the delay. These days collecting my thoughts takes longer than it used to.

Where I was heading is that in all the sciences we create/invent/discover/devise/formulate mathematical models to describe data and relationships for whatever we are examining. So what is it about these variables which would make you wonder whether or not they were susceptible/amenable to a similar treatment? Why wouldn't they be?
    Mathematical models in the physical sciences and elsewhere are best built on abstractions; on objects and concepts with deterministic (predictable) behavioral patterns governed by logically refutable laws. The conclusions that are logically deduced from those models can be generalized for all possible cases satisfying the conditions in those abstractions. With humans, though, and especially in the case of the subject of the current thread, the variables involved are extremely complex (even in a mathematical sense), and therefore, hard to generalize to cover every possible human. The best outcome from any model of this type would be a set of absorption rates that would only apply to an "average", hypothetical individual that would deviate from any given "normal" individual. That was the justifying background to my earlier comment.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.75%

Ah ... then you are wondering about the predictive qualities of any such model. Rather than the existence of one. Fair enough.

On other hand, what you describe seems to be the methodology used by the medical sciences. With at least some degree of success.

Similar Forum Threads

1. absorbtion
    By Dyou in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 08:20 PM
  2. Absorbtion of T3...
    By dsw222 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 10:01 AM
  3. Absorbtion Rate
    By nozzi in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1