RPM Question.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why is it that I do not feel the "Insane Pumps" that everyone talks about from RPM? Am I taking/dosing it wrong? Seems like most of the pump factor comes from the Drive. I notice tightness all over after taking it in the morning and at lunch, but the RPM just doesn't seem to do as much as I thought it would. I take 3 caps on a semi empty stomach 1hr pre-workout. I am using these in my pct if that matters at all. I am taking 6 Drive per day. 2 in the AM, 2 at noon, 2 1hr pre workout. Thanks guys!

cantstop19

Awards
it may have something to do with your semi empty stomach.... rpm and drive is suppost to be taken on a totally empty stomach

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
it may have something to do with your semi empty stomach.... rpm and drive is suppost to be taken on a totally empty stomach
I don't know about you all, but if you eat every 2-3 hours like me...Then you are NEVER on an empty stomach.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
I eat every 2-3 hours, but I workout in the AM. So I take rpm as soon as i wake up. 5 down the hatch. Pumps and sweating like no other. You could also try just delaying a meal until 45min after taking it. Another thing is upping the dose, I find it just slightly under-dosed for me. I have taken 4 and felt a little energy, but 5 and I am running around the gym like a madman.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I eat every 2-3 hours, but I workout in the AM. So I take rpm as soon as i wake up. 5 down the hatch. Pumps and sweating like no other. You could also try just delaying a meal until 45min after taking it.
What do you weigh? And wouldn't I be eating 15min prior to working out then? lol. O do you really not need to take 1hr pre WO?

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
anywhere between 195-200lbs.
Meh, I am close to 213...Maybe I should be taking more...Problem is I workout in the evening. If I take more than 3 the insomnia would probably get pretty bad. Any advice?

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
Meh, I am close to 213...Maybe I should be taking more...Problem is I workout in the evening. If I take more than 3 the insomnia would probably get pretty bad. Any advice?
I would split the dose of the rpm. At 213 I would take 6 caps, 3 a few hours before, and then 3 45min to an hour before workout. Play with the dosage a little bit, once you find the sweet spot you will never want to train without it. I just got a bottle of RPM today after taking a 3 month break and it does make a huge difference. 1.5 hours of muay thai training and i felt much more confident and aggressive, plus my cardio was much better.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I take 3 and I am smaller than you, I train at night as well. I have no problems. You could check out AN's lipotrophin pm though its awesome for a great night sleep !!

Try not eating at least 1 hour before and take 4 rpm and see how that works for you.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would split the dose of the rpm. At 213 I would take 6 caps, 3 a few hours before, and then 3 45min to an hour before workout. Play with the dosage a little bit, once you find the sweet spot you will never want to train without it. I just got a bottle of RPM today after taking a 3 month break and it does make a huge difference. 1.5 hours of muay thai training and i felt much more confident and aggressive, plus my cardio was much better.
I had thought about doing that. I am going to try this tomorrow. I am going to try this on Sat as tomorrow is an off day. I guess I will stick to 3 caps on off days. Sat is arms day!

Hey...Do you take this on off days? I mean...you personally?

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
I do take it on off days, but only 2 caps. Money is tight right now!

rcarracedo

Awards
I take both with something in my stomach. At least some food. I take 4 caps of Drive (2 in the morning) and 2 with 3 Caps of RPM 1 to 2 hours before working out. I can not take these on and empty stomach because it affects my digestive system. I don't know exactly which works better ... but this small stack has done wonders for me an I've only been on it for 9 days. I've definitely grown because all my shirts and pants fit tighter. Also, my body is harder, I'm pump all day and I am definitely stronger. I'm glad I did not see this thread last week before buying my supps. I would have been skeptical and I probably would have not bought into the products. I have been into weight lifting for over 20 years (on and off) and I have never bought any over the counter supplement better than these 2 products.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I hear you me 2 ... I only take 2 caps of each on off days.
Might have to do that as well. Just with the RPM though. If I don't dose the Drive high I am not going to feel a thing from it lol. We will see where this goes after a few days. "I'll be back!"

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why is it that I do not feel the "Insane Pumps" that everyone talks about from RPM?
I'm not sure that you're supposed to get pumps from RPM. I've never gotten any enhanced pumps from it, even at 5-6 caps (I'm about 198 and 15%, just to give you a reference).

However, since I'm very sensitive to stims, I like the ability to adjust dosage and not interfere with sleep as you said.

If I work out at night, I like to take 2-3 caps on an empty stomach about 15 minutes preworkout. If you're eating every 2-3 hours, just time it, duh. Then sip on a non-stim workout mix during the workout.

I see no point in taking RPM at any time other than preworkout.

I give RPM a thumbsup :thumbsup: (and I rarely give supps my seal of approval).

rcarracedo

Awards
Might have to do that as well. Just with the RPM though. If I don't dose the Drive high I am not going to feel a thing from it lol. We will see where this goes after a few days. "I'll be back!"

This is how I use these supplements and I never take the full dose suggested because it is too much money. In addition, I have a sensitive system ... I will get something and "something" is enough. Anyway,

Work out days ...

4 caps of drive
3 caps of rpm

My diet ... Anything, everything, some days I eat less, some more ... Really NO DIET.

I smoke a pack of cigarettes a day.
I drink a lot of coffee.

Non-Workout Days

2 caps of Drive, 2 of RPMs.

NOW ... If I am getting a pump, if I have grown (definitey), If I am stronger and harder... cause I most definitely am ... then these supplements work!

rcarracedo

Awards
This is how I use these supplements and I never take the full dose suggested because it is too much money. In addition, I have a sensitive system ... I will get something and "something" is enough. Anyway,

Work out days ...

4 caps of drive
3 caps of rpm

My diet ... Anything, everything, some days I eat less, some more ... Really NO DIET.

I drink a lot of coffee.

Non-Workout Days

NOW ... If I am getting a pump, if I have grown (definitey), If I am stronger and harder... cause I most definitely am ... then these supplements work!

i forgot to mention ...

I'm 170lbs, '5 9", I'm 39 years old ....

Another thing ... I take them with food sometimes, they do not affect my sleep in a positive or negative way either.

Again, these supplements are pretty strong. They definitely worth the $.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established

Work out days ...

4 caps of drive
3 caps of rpm

I drink a lot of coffee.

Non-Workout Days

Supplementation will be a lot more useful if your diet is worth "supplementing". And you should really drop the ciggarettes.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
For me the solid pumps wore off after 3 or 4 workouts. Luckily the stim is powerful/useful.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I would say definately don't give up on RPM as some of its effects are cumulative. I've been taking it for about two weeks now, and today I had the most energy and eagerness to go to the gym ever.

I usually workout about an hour to 1.5 hours after I get out of class, so I'm already on an empty stomach, I take my rpm (4 pills, I'm 205 lbs.) then I eat something small about 30-45 min later like a few slices of turkey or ham and some peanuts and a couple strawberries. Keeping the snack pretty small and I'm ready to workout like 20 min. later...Stick with it, I HIGHLY recommend RPM...

bigdave

bigdave

Awards
wow u get a pump and u smoke a pack stoges a day.. i notice even after smokin 1 or 2 stoges i wont get a very good pump in da gym tat day..refer however is diff. i seem to get an insane pump while t.u.i.. (t stands for training)

rcarracedo

Awards
wow u get a pump and u smoke a pack stoges a day.. i notice even after smokin 1 or 2 stoges i wont get a very good pump in da gym tat day..refer however is diff. i seem to get an insane pump while t.u.i.. (t stands for training)
t.u.i. of what?

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some people get the pumps, some do not. You could just be non-responsive to that aspect of RPM. Do you feel the energy boost, or the alpha-male feeling? I would try upping your dose to see if that helps like Fit said, and try taking it an hour after a meal, or an hour before.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
LOL why am i such a light weight... If i take 3 RPM I feel like im going to take off into orbit. I only take 2 pre workout and im 225 pds.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
LOL why am i such a light weight... If i take 3 RPM I feel like im going to take off into orbit. I only take 2 pre workout and im 225 pds.
I hear you at just over 200lbs I only take 2 or 3, 4 is the most Ive done and is overstimulating for me.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Lat, I have taken 4 a few times, when I do people think im on meth. I cant sit still between sets, I have to keep moving and doing something the entire time Im at the gym. Its strange because i can drink an entire pot of coffee and not feel anything but RPM hits me hard.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lat, I have taken 4 a few times, when I do people think im on meth. I cant sit still between sets, I have to keep moving and doing something the entire time Im at the gym. Its strange because i can drink an entire pot of coffee and not feel anything but RPM hits me hard.
It is interesting how different people react differently to the same supplement. I take six or seven capsules of RPM daily. Sometimes I take four capsules around 20:00hrs as second dose. I never have any sleep disturbance...

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It is interesting how different people react differently to the same supplement. I take six or seven capsules of RPM daily. Sometimes I take four capsules around 20:00hrs as second dose. I never have any sleep disturbance...
Actual sleep disturbance has never been an issue with me. I sleep like a freakin rock! It is actually getting to sleep that gets me.

Today I am going to take 5 caps. 2 about 2hrs pre-workout and then 3 about 30-45 minutes pre-workout. We will see what aht does.

Isn't caffeine a vasoconstrictor? Maybe this is why no increased vascularity.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anxiety and sleep disorders

Long-term overuse of caffeine can elicit a number of psychiatric disturbances. Two such disorders recognized by the American Psychiatric Association (APA) are caffeine-induced sleep disorder and caffeine-induced anxiety disorder.

In the case of caffeine-induced sleep disorder, an individual regularly ingests high doses of caffeine sufficient to induce a significant disturbance in his or her sleep, sufficiently severe to warrant clinical attention.[69] A study in the British Journal of Addiction concluded that caffeinism, although infrequently diagnosed, may afflict as many as one person in ten of the population.[64]

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I definitely get more of the good/annoying effects associated with Caffeine when dosing this on an empty stomach...IE, diuretic and runny nose...Very light diuretic effect, just makes me have a bowel movement, but it is not the runs. The energy is way more pronounced as well. Thanks for the advice guys!