Mucuna Pruriens 99% Levodopa questions

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
The bottle says, Serving size: 100 mg (1ml scoop 1/5 full) 300 servings per container.

amount per serving
Mucuna Pruriens extract 99% Levodopa, 100 mg

Suggested use: As a dietary supplement use 100 mg (1ml scoop 1/5 full) on empty stomach before bed or exercise or as otherwise directed by your healthcare professional.

Do not exceed 500mg L Dopa daily

So...if I take 1/2 a ml scoop before working out and a another 1/2 of a 1ml scoop before bed I'm dosing this at 500 mg L Dopa a day, right?

Is this the right dose for that high of a percentage of L Dopa?

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Bingo! Don...Tell him what he's won. A BRAND NEW CAR!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm interested in hearing what l-dopa content this is vs old bulk powerfull

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Mac is Back! :)
Wow, what flattering introooduction!

Can you tell I caught some cage fighting last night on TV with my ring announcer text voice?

The L-Dopa content is 98 to 99% per 1/5 of a 1ml scoop from what I'm guessing. I'm a little confused which is the reason for this thread.

The L-Dopa content for a dose of Powerfull could be 15 to 25% L-Dopa per serving. This seems to be the normal range for most Mucuna products. I just got such a sweet deal on the higher percentage, I had to go for it. Oh yea, you can get that same sweet deal too!

Does anyone have any ideas or are we going to have to battle it out in the Octagon!!!!!! Yep, picked up some tribulus and what they call sextiva. Test must be kicking in, arggghh!

That is the second time someone has commented on my avatar today. Thank you, had to have it. Go ahead, waste time watching where the little stick people go to and come out from. I did.

Oh, and Beau... how about that new Bugatti that does like 200 something? You're Welcome...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
might have to ask usp labs what the % was in bulk powerfull

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wow, what flattering introooduction!

Can you tell I caught some cage fighting last night on TV with my ring announcer text voice?

The L-Dopa content is 98 to 99% per 1/5 of a 1ml scoop from what I'm guessing. I'm a little confused which is the reason for this thread.

The L-Dopa content for a dose of Powerfull could be 15 to 25% L-Dopa per serving. This seems to be the normal range for most Mucuna products. I just got such a sweet deal on the higher percentage, I had to go for it. Oh yea, you can get that same sweet deal too!

Does anyone have any ideas or are we going to have to battle it out in the Octagon!!!!!! Yep, picked up some tribulus and what they call sextiva. Test must be kicking in, arggghh!

That is the second time someone has commented on my avatar today. Thank you, had to have it. Go ahead, waste time watching where the little stick people go to and come out from. I did.

Oh, and Beau... how about that new Bugatti that does like 200 something? You're Welcome...
You'll have ro sneak up on BAC's high potency trib. It tastes really bad. Sextiva - I thought that was mostly targeted for females???

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
You'll have ro sneak up on BAC's high potency trib. It tastes really bad. Sextiva - I thought that was mostly targeted for females???
Just took the trib. It's the lower percentage stuff, so not so bad. I take the Trib because it has saponins in it which inhibit the break down of the Mucuna pruriens. Sextiva is Nettle root, Avena sativa and Saw palmetto. I don't think I have to go into the benefits of those. Ya'll probably know by now.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is the real benefit of Mucuna Pruriens, what are you supplementing with it for? Where did you read that the Saponins in Tribulus inhibit breakdown of Mucuna Pruriens

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I don't have the biochem knowledge behind it, but it contains L-Dopa which converts to dopamine, which facilitates the release of growth hormone. I forget which supplement has both Trib and Mucuna in it. Someone will probably chime in with that info but the writeup discussed trib containing a saponin which inhibits the breakdown of levodopa. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
... it contains L-Dopa which converts to dopamine, which facilitates the release of growth hormone...
Right.

I forget which supplement has both Trib and Mucuna in it.
There is a product called TestJuice1000 by ASN - Advanced Strength Nutrition (not a recommendation of any type, as it is not clear at what levels the actives were extracted).
Another product is GHT Stack by SciFit. And so on.

Someone will probably chime in with that info but the writeup discussed trib containing a saponin which inhibits the breakdown of levodopa...
I am not aware of this.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is the real benefit of Mucuna Pruriens, what are you supplementing with it for?...
Mainly as a dopamine precursor and for L-Dopa (L-Dihydroxyphenylalanine)-induced GH secretion. Dopamine is a potent GH and testosterone booster and prolactin inhibitor. Mucuna pruriens also boosts libido, reduces blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol, amongst others.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I'll save you the pain of reading all of this. Go down to "Detailed description of specific embodimennts" I think this is where I first saw something about the combination of Trib with Mucuna. I found more at AM somewhere. Maybe I can dig it up. Powerfull has "Pure Sap", maybe that's what I found?

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6340474.html

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
... Powerfull has "Pure Sap", maybe that's what I found?...
PureSap is "Safed Musli", I believe. PureDopa (also in PowerFULL) is Dolichos Pruriens L. This is also a synonym for Mucuna Pruriens.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The MP in PowerFULL is standardized for 50% LevaDopa.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what a good dose of 98% Mucuna Pruriens?

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Well...I'm thinking the dose for the 98% Mucuna should be half of what the Powerfull dose is. Yea, Safed Musli (Pure Sap). I can't find that anywhere. I know I can get it from India but I don't really feel like bothering with it right now. I'm talking bulk product. My wife is getting tired of seeing Kilos of herbs sitiing in the kitchen. Ha, I just reread that. Pretty funny.

Well woman, How do you think you can roll in such a pimp whip? Daddy is on the job, makin paper. I better stop, somebody may take me serious.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...Yea, Safed Musli (Pure Sap). I can't find that anywhere. I know I can get it from India but I don't really feel like bothering with it right now...
If you end up sourcing Safed Musli as bulk, it might help to use the purity/level of extraction as an important yardstick. PowerFULL has a potent extract at an effective dose. Another candidate is IGF-2.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I would go for at least 50% on the Safed Musli when I do it.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

shakti

Awards
^ i have a kilo of 70% extract with me, sourced locally in india but i will get to it after i finish my kilo of 50%, i am lovin megadosing mucana and safed musli and also throwing in a bit of shatawari

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
^ i have a kilo of 70% extract with me, sourced locally in india but i will get to it after i finish my kilo of 50%, i am lovin megadosing mucana and safed musli and also throwing in a bit of shatawari
70%? Sounds explosive! I have heard good things about Shatavari.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I am looking for a capped 200 mg mucuna 50% or 95-99% l-dopa supp to stack with my 200:1 or 100:1 tongkat to kill prolactin....

when custom gets mucuna i am going to get a cap with 200 nettle, 100 lj100, 100 mucuna and 100 p-serine

chim_chim

Awards
Just a heads-up: L-Dopa is a prescription drug, with some serious side effects if taken longterm. If you hang around the imminst forums (one of the best brain science forums), they are universally down on L-Dopa as a longterm supplement because of cytotoxicity. The medical profession is now reluctant to prescribe levodopa, and it has been superseded by dopamine agonists with better safety profiles.

Powerfull was at least claimed to have a decarboxylase inhibitor, which makes it more similar to a combined carbidopa/levodopa supplement (e.g., Sinemet). This means that you can't equate the amount of levodopa between the two products. As far as I know, no doctor these days would prescribe straight levodopa without a decarboxylase inhibitor. (I'm not even sure if straight levodopa is available as a prescription in the U.S.)

The wikipedia page on levodopa is a decent introduction:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levodopa

Anyway, keep in mind that this is normally a prescription drug, with some serious cons to go with questionable pros. The fact that it is being marketed as a "legal herbal" doesn't change that. It's kind of weird to me that it is sold OTC in such pure form. I don't think that any responsible expert would claim that exogenous levodopa is a health supplement for an otherwise healthy individual. (I am not an expert, by any means.)

Here's a representative warning on even the "safe" kind of levodopa combined with carbidopa:

Various psychiatric disturbances may occur during levodopa-carbidopa therapy. Such disturbances include memory loss, anxiety, nervousness, agitation, restlessness, confusion, inability to sleep, nightmares, daytime tiredness, mental depression or euphoria.
http://www.medicinenet.com/levodopa-carbidopa/article.htm

If you really want a dopamine agonist (and make sure you know why you want this, not just for some questionable transient HGH surge; the book "The Edge Effect" is a great introduction), you might look into deprenyl or bromocriptine. These are prescription drugs, but are easily available overseas, or even for lab rat purposes. If you want the prosexual effects, look into cabergoline -- but make sure you look into the health risks of cabergoline, which are substantial with longterm use.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Just a heads-up: L-Dopa is a prescription drug, with some serious side effects if taken longterm. If you hang around the imminst forums (one of the best brain science forums), they are universally down on L-Dopa as a longterm supplement because of cytotoxicity. The medical profession is now reluctant to prescribe levodopa, and it has been superseded by dopamine agonists with better safety profiles.

Powerfull was at least claimed to have a decarboxylase inhibitor, which makes it more similar to a combined carbidopa/levodopa supplement (e.g., Sinemet). This means that you can't equate the amount of levodopa between the two products. As far as I know, no doctor these days would prescribe straight levodopa without a decarboxylase inhibitor. (I'm not even sure if straight levodopa is available as a prescription in the U.S.)

Anyway, keep in mind that this is normally a prescription drug, with some serious cons to go with questionable pros. The fact that it is being marketed as a "legal herbal" doesn't change that. It's kind of weird to me that it is sold OTC in such pure form. I don't think that any responsible expert would claim that exogenous levodopa is a health supplement for an otherwise healthy individual. (I am not an expert, by any means.)

Here's a representative warning on even the "safe" kind of levodopa combined with carbidopa:

If you really want a dopamine agonist (and make sure you know why you want this, not just for some questionable transient HGH surge; the book "The Edge Effect" is a great introduction), you might look into deprenyl or bromocriptine. These are prescription drugs, but are easily available overseas, or even for lab rat purposes. If you want the prosexual effects, look into cabergoline -- but make sure you look into the health risks of cabergoline, which are substantial with longterm use.
arent those effects associated with the actual pure form of pharmaceutical grade and not the herbal extract...?

chim_chim

Awards
arent those effects associated with the actual pure form of pharmaceutical grade and not the herbal extract...?
99% pure is, at the worst, 1% less pure than the purest pharmaceutical version (if the BAC version meets label value). But even if you get 20% active mucuna, there is nothing in the other 80% of the product that is making it more safe. You just have to do the math for the active ingredient.

Taking levodopa occasionally is probably not going to do much harm. The acute effects quoted above are generally with higher doses -- but if you start talking about 200 or 400 mg of levodopa, that IS actually a high dose. A quick scan of pricelists shows that 250mg is the single highest dosage of prescription levodopa -- and again, that is the safe kind, Sinemet, with an additive that decreases conversion in peripheral tissues.

Just be aware that this is not a harmless substance like vitamin C, where it is hard to get yourself into trouble. Levodopa is directly messing with one of the brain's main neurotransmitters, and it has proven longterm negative health consequences with chronic usage.

If you truly need dopamine rebalancing, Wellbutrin is another prescription to look into.

Hope that helps. I'm not trying to make anyone's decision for them.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
99% pure is, at the worst, 1% less pure than the purest pharmaceutical version (if the BAC version meets label value). But even if you get 20% active mucuna, there is nothing in the other 80% of the product that is making it more safe. You just have to do the math for the active ingredient.

Taking levodopa occasionally is probably not going to do much harm. The acute effects quoted above are generally with higher doses -- but if you start talking about 200 or 400 mg of levodopa, that IS actually a high dose. A quick scan of pricelists shows that 250mg is the single highest dosage of prescription levodopa -- and again, that is the safe kind, Sinemet, with an additive that decreases conversion in peripheral tissues.

Just be aware that this is not a harmless substance like vitamin C, where it is hard to get yourself into trouble. Levodopa is directly messing with one of the brain's main neurotransmitters, and it has proven longterm negative health consequences with chronic usage.

If you truly need dopamine rebalancing, Wellbutrin is another prescription to look into.

nah I dont do prescriptions.
or docs for that matter.
just using the mucuna for the sexual effects and to beat the prolactin
increase from the lj100.

the other stuff just doesnt seem to have the benefits.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Incorrect:

As has been stated thus far, L-DOPA supplementation is more or less useless without concurrent decarboxylase inhibitor administration (most commonly, carbidopa). Without concomitant administration of DCIs, L-DOPA will undergo enzymatic conversion in peripheral tissues, leading to unwanted and unfortunate side effects; for this reason, and due to Dopamine's inability to cross the BBB, concurrent DCI administration is necessary for sufficient dopaminergic expression in the Substantia Nigra.

Furthermore, and has also been mentioned, L-DOPA administration over long periods can have neuro-degradative effects, as well as prominent effects on motor function fluctuation (dyskenisia). One of the most prominent negative effects of L-DOPA administration is its degradation of dopaminergic ions, leading to a substantially decreased endogenous dopamine production over lengthy dosing periods; obviously, this is antithetical to the stated purpose of L-DOPA administration. This deregulation of Dopamine production is congruent with the tolerability and long-term efficacy concerns demonstrated by synthetic L-DOPA administration. This has led to necessary research into alternative treatments for Parkinson's models, some of this research is provided briefly below.

Given these detriments, Dopamine agonism would seem to be not only foolish, but dangerous to one's health, as has been mentioned here. However, most of the negative effects mentioned herein have been focused exclusively, whether purposively or by oversight, on synthetic L-DOPA; this, then, begs the question of what differences arise as it pertains to synthetic L-DOPA administration and administration of naturally occurring L-DOPA. This question seems pertinent to raise for reasons twofold; firstly, Mucuna as a whole and PowerFULL itself have been mentioned within this discussion; secondly, this is an L-DOPA discussion, and any relevant discourse on the complexities of neurotransmitters must contain a certain degree of nuance and specificity. Without raising the very valid question of natural vs., synthetic L-DOPA administration, this discussion lacks the mentioned characteristics.

As stated, a large amount of research is currently being conducted on this same issue at hand; while results, just as with any compound, have been neither characteristically "good" or "bad", one could say the majority of research on MP has been encouraging. This stems from a demonstrated superiority of MP over synthetic L-DOPA, even with concomitant Carbidopa administration, to induce dopaminergic expression. This superiority is not minute in anyway, and, as the sources demonstrate, has been up to twice that of LD/CD administration. This efficacy is not only demonstrated in higher short-term, baseline increases of L-DOPA in MP, but in terms of long-term administration tolerability and efficacy profiles. This increased ability for long-term administration and efficacy itself has been postulated to stem from many factors; firstly, a high expression of Dopamine in the Substantia Nigra with a concurrent lack of dopaminergic expression in peripheral tissues has been noted (herein being used in the context of any tissue unresponsive to the desired effects of Dopamine). This increases the tolerability due to a lack of increase in motor flucuation compared to its higher mean concentration and longer on time, as well as a lesser degree of cognitive function degradation; secondly, MP has been postulated to contain not only alkaloids which may enhance L-DOPA (DCIs), but constituents which may exert independent, beneficial anti-Parkinson's/Dopamine induction effects. In either respect, this leads to an ability of MP to exert increased Dopamine production over synthetic LD/CD preparations with, once again, a lower expression of unwanted side effects; lastly, MP has demonstrated the ability to be neuro-restorative. This has been expressed in not only an increase (as opposed to decrease in its synthetic counterpart) of endogenous L-DOPA and Dopamine production, but a regeneration of damaged Dopaminergic Ions in the Substantia Nigra (therein leading to a circular increase in its efficacy), increased mitochondrial expression of Complex-I as well as increasing Serotonin and Norepinephrine. Crude preparations of MP were also shown to contain COQ-10 and NADH (both neuro-protective in Parkinson's treatment).

I feel it is important to note at this point, a few things, some in favour of, and some in reflective caution about, the benefits of MP mentioned herein. The question will now invariably raised about relative dosing of crude MP vs., synthetic LD/CD administration in the studies used. To address that question, it is imperative to note that the seeds/leaves of MP which contain roughly 9-14% L-DOPA are used to make a crude, liquidized preparation of MP so named "HP-200". This preparation, even in its crude form, is considered a viable alternative for Parkinson's treatment at an L-DOPA concentration of 4%. Most commercial preparations of MP are standardized to contain anywhere from 50-98% L-DOPA; in the case of USP Labs, we begin with a 75% standardization, and end up with a 50% standardization. Obviously, this leads to a much lower necessary dose of commercially standardized Mucuna to achieve the effects of HP-200.

Secondly, while every consumer is sick and tired of each company lauding their extraction and sourcing ability, and the effect on the end product therein, in the case of Mucuna, this is a tangible and necessary concern. Genotype, latitude, cultivation and preparation methods all exert an effect on the quality and concentration of L-DOPA in Mucuna seeds.

Thirdly, more research is necessary - that is clear. It has only been relatively recently that L-DOPA's role in Parkinson's has been elucidated, and thereby only very recently that a large body of legitimate research on Mucuna has been undertaken. Therefore, while the sources below demonstrate its vast superiority to synthetic LD/CD preparations, for various reasons, more research needs to be conducted on its long term efficacy and tolerability. However, I feel confident in refuting much of the cautionary evidence presented in this discussion on L-DOPA, at least as it pertains to natural preparations.

As a final note, I would like to agree that standard L-DOPA administration is unnecessary and potentially harmful, but espouse that the opposite is true in terms of MP preparations. Along with the effects on Dopamine mentioned herein, it is also objectively documented to raise Testosterone, Semen volume, as well as display potent Anti-Oxidant, Anti-Inflammatory, and Anti-Depression effects. In no way is MP useless, and I speak of MP in a general sense.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Incorrect, once again. Mucuna P., has not displayed either long-term efficacy or safety issues, in clinical trials. Further, whether via inherent decarboxylase inhibitors or through independent-L-DOPA enhancing adjuvents, Mucuna has not displayed traits which are symptomatic of Dopaminergic transmission in peripheral tissue; a centralized Dopamine content in the Substantia Nigra, with lack of concurrent transmission in the Nigrostatial Tract (a loop, of sort) is indicative of a lack of transmission in peripheral tissues: Mucuna has displayed such traits. In addition, dyskinesia has not been noted in PD models, further suggesting vastly more efficient transmission.

Natural and synthetic preparations of L-DOPA differ vastly in their effects - both positive and negative. Before making bold substantive claims, I would necessarily separate the two.

chim_chim

Awards
as well as a lesser degree of cognitive function degradation
with, once again, a lower expression of unwanted side effects
Thirdly, more research is necessary - that is clear... for various reasons, more research needs to be conducted on its long term efficacy and tolerability
Mulletsoldier, you are more of an expert on this than I am. With your above-quoted caveats, you have fairly stated your perspective on your company's MP product. After reading what you wrote, I would agree that "more research is necessary."

Would you agree that, on point for this thread, BAC's 99% levodopa MP, if it indeed meets label value, is essentially the same as pharmaceutical levodopa? And that you would specifically caution against taking it?

If you can link me back to the thread you are quoting from, which I assume has citations, I would sincerely be interested in reading it.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mulletsoldier, you are more of an expert on this than I am. With your above-quoted caveats, you have fairly stated your perspective on your company's MP product. After reading what you wrote, I would agree that "more research is necessary."

Would you agree that, on point for this thread, BAC's 99% levodopa MP, if it indeed meets label value, is essentially the same as pharmaceutical levodopa? And that you would specifically caution against taking it?

If you can link me back to the thread you are quoting from, which I assume has citations, I would sincerely be interested in reading it.
That was a thread in which I wrote off-hand, without citations; however, this FAQ, while written more for the layman, is inclusive with citations:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/101332-usplabs-powerfull-f.html

I would advise against a 98% LD purity, as you are necessarily removing the LD-enhancing constituents (whether via DCI, or independent action) of MP which are presumably attenuating the negative effects associated with LD. This is why we use an approximate 50% standardization: In order to reap the benefits of LD, but within the more naturalistic (and research reflected, safer) context of a natural preparation.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That was a thread in which I wrote off-hand, without citations; however, this FAQ, while written more for the layman, is inclusive with citations:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/101332-usplabs-powerfull-f.html

I would advise against a 98% LD purity, as you are necessarily removing the LD-enhancing constituents (whether via DCI, or independent action) of MP which are presumably attenuating the negative effects associated with LD. This is why we use an approximate 50% standardization: In order to reap the benefits of LD, but within the more naturalistic (and research reflected, safer) context of a natural preparation.
i am glad you have convinced me powerful is safe, i never use more than 2 bottles before cycling and always enjoy my time on powerful.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i am glad you have convinced me powerful is safe
I would consider that an accurate statement; or at the very least, an opinion which is galvanized by the available, relevant literature. The relative inferiority of L-DOPA is ascriptive to the negative connotations associated with - that is, more efficient and centralized Dopaminergic transmission leads to higher Dopamine-agonism (and thereby 'transient GH release', as chim put it) as well as a lack of transmission in peripheral tissues (and thereby less motor fluctuations, and neuro-degradative effects).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would consider that an accurate statement; or at the very least, an opinion which is galvanized by the available, relevant literature. The relative inferiority of L-DOPA is ascriptive to the negative connotations associated with - that is, more efficient and centralized Dopaminergic transmission leads to higher Dopamine-agonism (and thereby 'transient GH release', as chim put it) as well as a lack of transmission in peripheral tissues (and thereby less motor fluctuations, and neuro-degradative effects).
thanks, the last thing i need is neuro-degradative effects. what are your thoughts on using powerful to combat prolactin from ph cycles? i see more guys using pf in pct as have i, just wanted to know how effective this is from the authority.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks, the last thing i need is neuro-degradative effects. what are your thoughts on using powerful to combat prolactin from ph cycles? i see more guys using pf in pct as have i, just wanted to know how effective this is from the authority.
I give it a definitive thumbs-up :thumbsup:

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there any sort of definitive quantity relationship between increased dopamine from Powerful, and the related increase in GH?

Meaning 1 dose of powerful can increase dopamine X% which relates to a Y% increase in GH?

Also they treat acromegaly with dopamine agonists which results in lowered IGF levels. This is the opposite of my understanding. In Parkinson's disease patients I believe the dopamine agonist increases IGF. So what does it do in a healthy male?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there any sort of definitive quantity relationship between increased dopamine from Powerful, and the related increase in GH?

Meaning 1 dose of powerful can increase dopamine X% which relates to a Y% increase in GH?

Also they treat acromegaly with dopamine agonists which results in lowered IGF levels. This is the opposite of my understanding. In Parkinson's disease patients I believe the dopamine agonist increases IGF. So what does it do in a healthy male?
500mg synthetic L-DOPA with concomitant DCI (decarboxylase inhibitor) administration led to a 221% increase from baseline; the curve followed a short latency to peak curve, with extended peak production and a gradual recession back to baseline.

None of the current research I possess lists IGF expression in the experimental methods or results portions of the full texts; at least in respects to healthy males.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
500mg synthetic L-DOPA with concomitant DCI (decarboxylase inhibitor) administration led to a 221% increase from baseline; the curve followed a short latency to peak curve, with extended peak production and a gradual recession back to baseline.

None of the current research I possess lists IGF expression in the experimental methods or results portions of the full texts; at least in respects to healthy males.
Thanks Mullet. I guess that then leads me to the following questions...

What in PF acts as a DCI? (or am I missing something there)

My understanding of a DCI is that is stops or slows the conversion of L-Dopa to dopamine?

Also this seems to indicate a TSH and prolactin increase with the use of a DCI. PMID: 7389157

I guess the DCI throws me off on this one a bit.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Mullet. I guess that then leads me to the following questions...

What in PF acts as a DCI? (or am I missing something there)

My understanding of a DCI is that is stops or slows the conversion of L-Dopa to dopamine?

Also this seems to indicate a TSH and prolactin increase with the use of a DCI. PMID: 7389157

I guess the DCI throws me off on this one a bit.
Apologies, I should have clarified. More specifically, concomitant DCI administrations are what are known as 'peripheral decarboxylase inhibitors' - or, in other words, opposing the decarboxylation of L-DOPA to Dopamine in peripheral tissues. This is a necessary adjuvent in order to avoid dyskinesia (motor function fluctuations) as well as neuro-degradative effects (over expression of Dopaminergic transmission leads to post-synaptic degradation; Dopamine 'floods' the Substantia Nigra, so to speak, and cannot be deaminated at a normal rate).

In terms of inherent DCIs, the postulate is that MP contains a DCI such as entacapone or carbidopa; an additional postulate is that MP contains independent, non-DCI L-DOPA enhancing agents. In any respect, the centralization of Dopaminergic transmission and synthesis noted in MP clinical trials leads one to believe that peripheral transmission is not occurring, by whatever mechanism.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I never noticed anything.

I took UN L-Dopa... nothing...
IGF-2 - Nothing
I took Powerful - I noticed bit of strength gains..

I still have 100g of of original bulk powerful.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never noticed anything.

I took UN L-Dopa... nothing...
IGF-2 - Nothing
I took Powerful - I noticed bit of strength gains..

I still have 100g of of original bulk powerful.
Unfortunate, but your commentary is still appreciated!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this is a great thread. btw new powerful is very good. is it age that causes me to react better than a lot of other guys seem too? btw i will be 50 next month.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would say so, a GH boost is a lot more significant if you are over 35

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I need something for prolactin... even low dose dostinex didn't help much and its too scary to try more.

Good thread

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
First of all I just want to say Mulletsoldier is the bomb. :thumbsup:

In fact I kinda want to cross him so he can break bad on my @ss. :lol:

The problem is I can't come up with anything because I like Powerfull. Oh well...

I need something for prolactin... even low dose dostinex didn't help much and its too scary to try more.

Good thread
Was the dostinex a chemical research compound in liquid?

I haven't looked into it but I believe that dostinex loses much potency in liquid.

Does anybody know for sure?