Nettle Root increases DHT

Secoisolariciresinol, a lignan in nettle root displayed a modest inhibitory effect on DHT binding to SHBG in vitro, theoretically resulting in greater concentrations of free DHT in serum and in local tissues. The lignan 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran, also present in nettle root was able to completely inhibit DHT from binding to SHBG, yet another indication that it can result in increased free (active) DHT available to tissues such as that in the scalp.

Planta Med. 1997 Dec;63(6):529-32.
Lignans from the roots of Urtica dioica and their metabolites bind to human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG).

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Secoisolariciresinol, a lignan in nettle root displayed a modest inhibitory effect on DHT binding to SHBG in vitro, theoretically resulting in greater concentrations of free DHT in serum and in local tissues. The lignan 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran, also present in nettle root was able to completely inhibit DHT from binding to SHBG, yet another indication that it can result in increased free (active) DHT available to tissues such as that in the scalp.

Lignans from the roots of Urtica dioica and their metabolites bind to human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG).
This suggests that Nettle possesses a greater ANDROGENIC effect than previously thought.

Nettle also increases FREE Testosterone, also increasing the conversion of testosterone to DHT via the 5a-Reductase enzyme.

madEnuff

Awards
how come all the research ive seen says nettle root lowers dht converson from testosterone???

madEnuff

Awards
uhhh ok doesnt really explane anything but ok then maybe someone else will have the science behind this instead of quoting and just saying what the OTHER sponcer said hah

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
uhhh ok doesnt really explane anything but ok then maybe someone else will have the science behind this instead of quoting and just saying what the OTHER sponcer said hah
He is saying that based on the bloodowork(that he has seen), nettle does indeed increase DHT.

Unless I misunderstood. :)

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
He is saying that based on the bloodowrk(that he has seen), nettle does indeed increase DHT.

Unless I misunderstood. :)
Thats exactly what I mean. Nettle blocks the binding of dht at the scalp and prostate. Maybe that is the studies you are thinking of when lowering DHT?

Overall DHT is increased but only where you want it increased, muscle tissue. This also explains why users report strength going up so much when using it.

Bloodwork that Ive had done and seen support all of the research on it. So not only does it work in the lab but it works in exercising males as well.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats exactly what I mean. Nettle blocks the binding of dht at the scalp and prostate. Maybe that is the studies you are thinking of when lowering DHT?

Overall DHT is increased but only where you want it increased, muscle tissue. This also explains why users report strength going up so much when using it.

Bloodwork that Ive had done and seen support all of the research on it. So not only does it work in the lab but it works in exercising males as well.
That explains the strength and vascularity aspects of it.

WebDesigner

WebDesigner

Awards

Al tho I didn't know this I completely believe it. I did loose hair when I used activate and it hasn't grown back. I completely agree that it does increase dht in the scalp. I wish I had known this before. I would have never used it cause the hair still hasn't grown back to how it was before.

But I am also prone mpb so that made it even worse but now I know to stay away from any product containing this, im barely over 21 and I dont wanna make it worse. Thanks for informing us on this, I really did loose hair on the top back of my head around the exact time I used this so I def aggravated my genetic mpb.

Really?

the prostate and scalp are not the same tissues, just as they are not skeletal muscle. Nettle does not block the binding of DHT in the scalp. It's also not that DHT is actually being blocked in the prostate anyhow, rather, it's an inhibition of SHBG from binding to the prostatic membrane receptors. It has nothing to do with DHT actually being blocked itself.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Al tho I didn't know this I completely believe it. I did loose hair when I used activate and it hasn't grown back. I completely agree that it does increase dht in the scalp. I wish I had known this before. I would have never used it cause the hair still hasn't grown back to how it was before.

But I am also prone mpb so that made it even worse but now I know to stay away from any product containing this, im barely over 21 and I dont wanna make it worse. Thanks for informing us on this, I really did loose hair on the top back of my head around the exact time I used this so I def aggravated my genetic mpb.
Interesting. As matt alluded to above, Nettle blocks DHT from binding at the scalp/prostate. Although I'm not discounting that you lost hair, it is far less common with Activate than other test boosters that do not have Divanil.

This suggests that Nettle possesses a greater ANDROGENIC effect than previously thought.

Nettle also increases FREE Testosterone, also increasing the conversion of testosterone to DHT via the 5a-Reductase enzyme.
Muscle tissue? Muscle tissue has little to no 5 alpha-reductase activity so there is no conversion of T to DHT in that tissue.

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Muscle tissue? Muscle tissue has little to no 5 alpha-reductase activity so there is no conversion of T to DHT in that tissue.
Who said anything about muscle-tissue?

Increased circulatory levels of DHT lead to increased Andorgenic effect.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I think he was alluding to this statement, which seemed to corroborate with your first sentence.

(in a muscular context)

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lord....nevermind, you are full of Gibberish.
is it safe to say you don't like me?

Was it the original Vicodene thread?

I was an ass...I am sorry.

Our approach was wrong. VERY wrong.

is it safe to say you don't like me?

Was it the original Vicodene thread?

I was an ass...I am sorry.

Our approach was wrong. VERY wrong.
You may be a great human, but your marketing approach is terrible.

I extended my advice and experience to you initially. You just decided against taking it.

I rather see you succeed than fail.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No wonder nettle killed my hairline.

maxm007

Awards
I'm confused. Will stinging nettle actually increase DHT or not?

Do users experience increased beard growth for example?

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
Interesting. As matt alluded to above, Nettle blocks DHT from binding at the scalp/prostate. Although I'm not discounting that you lost hair, it is far less common with Activate than other test boosters that do not have Divanil.
What other test boosters would cause hair loss and for what reason?

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
This is an interesting little conversation. It's a little confusing, though, as the study seems to indicate more potential bonding at the scalp, where as Matt seems insistant that is is less likely. NOrmally I go straight with the study, but Matt is the diavinil guy. Of course, he also has a vested interest in it. I'll just keep an open mind.

Dr. Lats

Awards
I believe it. When I was taking Activate, one of the main effects that I saw was increased beard growth. I was sportin' a biker gottee for a few months.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I believe it. When I was taking Activate, one of the main effects that I saw was increased beard growth. I was sportin' a biker gottee for a few months.
Haha, I noticed this too.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Clean shaven to santa clause in T-minus 2 days...

SupFatHead

Certified Travis
Awards
Divanil....mmmmm.

Hair is for women, unless its on a chest/arm pits/back, then stay the fvck away from that woman.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established

This is cool. I always stayed away from Nettle because I thought it lowered DHT and I like DHT. I might give it another shot. Maybe this is the reason so many people report a libido increase while using it. So, If DHT is raised then the body
would have less active Estrodiol and Progesterone? Maybe a new marketing avenue?

teribleturtle

Awards

Jungle Warfare has the same extract and I got the same sides, more and thicker body/facial hair and lots of shedding which is still continuing like 2 months after a 3 week run with JW

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is cool. I always stayed away from Nettle because I thought it lowered DHT and I like DHT. I might give it another shot. Maybe this is the reason so many people report a libido increase while using it. So, If DHT is raised then the body
would have less active Estrodiol and Progesterone? Maybe a new marketing avenue?
I'm was in the same boat with you HYDE. I thought Nettle lowered DHT and quit using it long ago. I know that my strength went up as well as libido while using it. I just attributed it to other products I was taking at the time like Icariin and LongJack. I'll have to give bulk Divanil another try it seems. Great thread!!:clap2: THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I got some Divanil for my upcoming cycle's PCT but I don't plan to use it until about day 15. I figure since it helps free up test, and at beginning there not much test to free up day 15 should be good.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got some Divanil for my upcoming cycle's PCT but I don't plan to use it until about day 15. I figure since it helps free up test, and at beginning there not much test to free up day 15 should be good.
I feel that divanil actually takes 7 to 10 days to start building up in my system. It's after this that I start to feel its effects. I would start taking it the very first day of PCT if it were me. Then after the first week of PCT, you'll be feeling it! Just my little $.02 !! THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I feel that divanil actually takes 7 to 10 days to start building up in my system. It's after this that I start to feel its effects. I would start taking it the very first day of PCT if it were me. Then after the first week of PCT, you'll be feeling it! Just my little $.02 !! THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:
Interesting, thanks Thunder. How about maybe running it at about half dosed at the start of PCT, then after a week kickin it up a notch?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting, thanks Thunder. How about maybe running it at about half dosed at the start of PCT, then after a week kickin it up a notch?
I would just run it full strength. It builds up in your system it seems. If you like the fact that it increases DHT (and I love DHT!), you might want to run some 6-oxo in your PCT as well. After 6 weeks of 600 mg. of 6-oxo per day, the blood work showed a doubling of free testosterone, and a TRIPLING of DHT!! I run mine in a transdermal, so I only have to use 150 mg. of it per day. Much cheaper than oral. And works better too!!:thumbsup: THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I would just run it full strength. It builds up in your system it seems. If you like the fact that it increases DHT (and I love DHT!), you might want to run some 6-oxo in your PCT as well. After 6 weeks of 600 mg. of 6-oxo per day, the blood work showed a doubling of free testosterone, and a TRIPLING of DHT!! I run mine in a transdermal, so I only have to use 150 mg. of it per day. Much cheaper than oral. And works better too!!:thumbsup: THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:
Holy ****, those are some nice #'s. I don't mind DHT as long as I'm not running straight Mestanolone. This was a good thread I'm glad it got bumped after all that time or I never would've seen it.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy ****, those are some nice #'s. I don't mind DHT as long as I'm not running straight Mestanolone. This was a good thread I'm glad it got bumped after all that time or I never would've seen it.
Actually dude, I love straight up Mestanlone. The East Germans used this sh*t solely throughout the Olympics in the 50's and 60's. They loved it. They were taking like 100 mg. per day for 4 weeks before competitions!! I've never done more than 50 mg. pre-workout and I thought it was awesome! I never got to use the Giant brand of Mestanolone, but I've got a couple of bottles of Primaforce MethylRage. It's the very same thing as Mestanolone. It's Methyl DHT. I love that aggression I get off of it. Makes me wanna tear the phukkin' gym down!!:frustrate :aargh: THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Why not? It lowers DHT in the prostate, but increases free DHT and therefore libido.
Now this is my hold up with Nettle at the moment. I believe that Nettle, whole extract like 10:1 ect, may protect the prostate/scalp from the negative effects of DHT. And I see company reps posting all the time that because Divanil 3,4 is nettle extract that it has the protective qualities as well. To me that is a HUGE leap without seeing a few studies confirming such is the case.

With 95% Divanil 3,4 extracts freeing up ALL sex hormones: test, DHT, estrogen, ect, I find it hard to believe that the other 5% of the extract will provide enough protection to keep my receeding hairline in check were I to use it. I even recall seeing posts a while back that the original Activate caused some users hairloss.

I actually have 2 bottles of Trib Test Extreme with the 95% Divanil extract sitting in front of me right now, but I debate using them because of this issue.

Can someone alleviate my fears of speeding up my hairloss?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With 95% Divanil 3,4 extracts freeing up ALL sex hormones: test, DHT, estrogen, ect, I find it hard to believe that the other 5% of the extract will proviprotection to keep my receeding hairline in check were I to use itde enough . I even recall seeing posts a while back that the original Activate caused some users hairloss.

I actually have 2 bottles of Trib Test Extreme with the 95% Divanil extract sitting in front of me right now, but I debate using them because of this issue.

No, I can't give you any evidence that will alleviate your concerns with hairloss while using divanil. I've also seen reports of users claiming measurable hairloss. Increased DHT just seems to do this to people predisposed to MPB. I've been bald since my early 20's, so DHT products don't worry me. I love 'em! If you don't think you want to run those bottles of Trib Test Extreme, PM me and maybe we can work something out. THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established

Has to be true.
my hair grows slow anyway.
when on nettle it grows way faster.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Now this is my hold up with Nettle at the moment. I believe that Nettle, whole extract like 10:1 ect, may protect the prostate/scalp from the negative effects of DHT. And I see company reps posting all the time that because Divanil 3,4 is nettle extract that it has the protective qualities as well. To me that is a HUGE leap without seeing a few studies confirming such is the case.

With 95% Divanil 3,4 extracts freeing up ALL sex hormones: test, DHT, estrogen, ect, I find it hard to believe that the other 5% of the extract will provide enough protection to keep my receeding hairline in check were I to use it. I even recall seeing posts a while back that the original Activate caused some users hairloss.

like the next poster after you said, it depends on the persons body chem.
my head hair grows faster on nettle and on tongkat(the pasak bumi)
and is theicker and darker.
you might want to cycle the nettle with one of the prostate mixes with saw palmetto and pygeum amongst other things.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Divanil....mmmmm.

Hair is for women, unless its on a chest/arm pits/back, then stay the fvck away from that woman.
i need hair
my skull is funny looking without it.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i need hair
my skull is funny looking without it.
Not me!! I have a beautiful head of bone!! ha ha THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Not me!! I have a beautiful head of bone!! ha ha THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:
perks of being the thundergod I guess.

I do wonder why herbs affect different people in sometimes vastly different ways though. Or sometimes do not work for some at all even at high doses?
Ah. i'll just stick with a nettle/tongkat mix and that should do me.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
like the next poster after you said, it depends on the persons body chem.
my head hair grows faster on nettle and on tongkat(the pasak bumi)
and is theicker and darker.
you might want to cycle the nettle with one of the prostate mixes with saw palmetto and pygeum amongst other things.

May try that, I just started using it pre W/O only so as to get the trib/iicarin affects without the nettle building up to much.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Nettle blocks the binding of dht at the scalp and prostate.
Do you have any studies to support this? USPLabs seems to be claiming that DHT is increased in the scalp, and that Divanil will cause an increase in MPB if it is in your genes.

Last I checked there were no studies confirming that Nettle alone blocked 5a-reductase.

That being said, I really enjoy the times im on Nettle products (Ive run activate original twice) and see good gains.