MMA Supplements

MMABoxing

Awards
does anyone know of good mixed martial arts supplements to have. I found these, 1. I dident know Rany Couture had his own supplement line. 2.3 Cycle System
MMA Complete Integrated Workout System

Couture Nutrition

MOD EDIT: Read the rules. Thank you.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beta-Alanine is a staple for me. That, BCAAs, Poseidon, and SuperCarb are what I drink during my training. I like to take ecdysterone when I am prepping for a fight because of its stimulation of EPO, which increases RBC count.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't see them offering any specific quantitative values for their ingredients. You want to know what your paying for. I don't know, it looks kind of gimicy.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Beta-Alanine is a staple for me. That, BCAAs, Poseidon, and SuperCarb are what I drink during my training. I like to take ecdysterone when I am prepping for a fight because of its stimulation of EPO, which increases RBC count.
Phyto-Testosterone would be safe to take if you’re getting tested.

Rodja, didnt you say you had some good results with Testofen?

-Pp

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beta-Alanine would make the most sense off the top of my head

MMABoxing

Awards
hey Rodja thanks for the answers ^6 and everyone else. but I have a question what is that juice that ufc fighters and boxers drink during the weigh ins? its orange.

MMABoxing

Awards
why would this be good if your getting tested does it show your test levels lower?

-Pp

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

-Pp
I have enjoyed my experiences with Testofen and the Methoxy would add a nice cortisol reduction effect as well.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey Rodja thanks for the answers ^6 and everyone else. but I have a question what is that juice that ufc fighters and boxers drink during the weigh ins? its orange.
Pedialite to replenish fluids and electrolytes.

MMABoxing

Awards
oh ok. before a fight are you allowed to take any supplements or not? like say you take couple pills of caffeine to get your energy up?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh ok. before a fight are you allowed to take any supplements or not? like say you take couple pills of caffeine to get your energy up?
You will be fine taking caffeine. It is not an IOC level test.

MMABoxing

Awards
k. um i have a few more questions. would you consider ordering anything from the two links i listed how do they sound to you? any good?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
k. um i have a few more questions. would you consider ordering anything from the two links i listed how do they sound to you? any good?
Nope, I personally wouldn't order it. Also, please take the bold off.

MMABoxing

Awards
ok. do you take any NO or creatine products? and have you New LiquidWheyProtein-http://www.fitness-connection.com/new-whey42.html

would you say it has the same effects of whey protein powder?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok. do you take any NO or creatine products? and have you New LiquidWheyProtein-http://www.fitness-connection.com/new-whey42.html

would you say it has the same effects of whey protein powder?
I do not take any NO or creatine and I mainly use casein and egg proteins instead of WPI.

MMABoxing

Awards
oh ok. whats you take on Liquid whey protein?

sorry bout all the questions. you seem to know what your talking about thats why I ask.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
also make sure to do lots of kata training going up to the fight

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh ok. whats you take on Liquid whey protein?

sorry bout all the questions. you seem to know what your talking about thats why I ask.
It's the same as any WPI RTD. Expensive, but convenient.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
the kata thing is a joke man , but in all seriousness I liked cordygen 5 as a ergogenic aid for mma style training if your volumes are real high , it is by millenium sport nutrition and comes pretty cheap on nutra , get a few bottles to dose it high and you should see decent performance enhancements

MMABoxing

Awards
nice ill check it out^. have you guys heard of this steroid alternative product heres a link

would this work like a steroid? and would you test positive if you took this? not saying im gunna go out and buy this just wondering

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
my experience with all these steroid replacements (though I have only used superdrol in the past -poison!) is that 99 percent of people have trouble keeping gains , gains come at a price of side effects and decreased training ( forearms too pumped to even squeeze a gi) and screwed up hormone balances in the body. My advice is to stay away from anything even remotely hormonal. If you want a boost eat 4 -8 ounces of raw white button mushroom every day , by day 14-28 you should see significant strength increases cycle off for 7 days and repeat.

MMABoxing

Awards
^ok sounds good. what about HGH is that safe to take i heard its undetectable during tests. many mma fighters take it. Im not saying who.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^ok sounds good. what about HGH is that safe to take i heard its undetectable during tests. many mma fighters take it. Im not saying who.
That's an iffy subject; it's expensive as hell and that's all I will say.

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't know at what level you are competing at but most shows won't conduct any drug testing. So if so inclined you could run phs and likely get away with it. Beta-alanine and citrulline malate are highly recommnded. Cordygen 5 looks like a promising supp but I haven't yet used it so I can't recommend it yet. I never found ecdy to boost rbc or vo2 max but I did find GliSODin to help in that area.

MMABoxing

Awards
what do you mean by phs kind of new to all these words? well a new gym opened up where i live and my friend is joined in it and says you get to fight for real money. first comes training and everything but you do get to fight.

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Phs/PS= prohormones/prosteroids which are just quasi legal steroids sold as supplements. I don't know what kind of gym can hold sanctioned fights though. From all appearances it sound like some underground fight. Since it isn't a 1st tier event or promotion you won't be drug tested so no real concerns there. But it doesn't appear you've fully reseached these substances so it would be best to just avoid them all together.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am just a fan of MMA and do not know any fighters personally but from the looks of a couple people they seem to suffer from the sides of HGH. For example Liddell's gut and the size of Ortiz's head is just astounding.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am just a fan of MMA and do not know any fighters personally but from the looks of a couple people they seem to suffer from the sides of HGH. For example Liddell's gut and the size of Ortiz's head is just astounding.
Liddell's gut is more likely due to VAT from all of the partying that he does. Tito's head on the other hand...

MMABoxing

Awards
haha yeah^ you can say that again^

I dont think tito is on the GH. He stated in his recent training video for Machida that he only eats healthy food. which made me go WTF! Fighters cant just train without supps... no wonder this guy is always over training and has weak cardio.

What do you think Rodja?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha yeah^ you can say that again^

I dont think tito is on the GH. He stated in his recent training video for Machida that he only eats healthy food. which made me go WTF! Fighters cant just train without supps... no wonder this guy is always over training and has weak cardio.

What do you think Rodja?
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but Tito and Randy are the 2 that I peg for GH/IGF1 usage. I need to watch some of Tito's old fights and compare them to his newer ones to see if there is a noticeablt difference.

MMABoxing

Awards
oohh yes there is a huge difference. Watch his fight with frank Shamrock he was faster...had great cardio went all 5 rounds kind of gassed just at the final couple minutes/ It should be on Daily motion check it out.

EDIT: actually check this out..i think its better YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oohh yes there is a huge difference. Watch his fight with frank Shamrock he was faster...had great cardio went all 5 rounds kind of gassed just at the final couple minutes/ It should be on Daily motion check it out.

EDIT: actually check this out..i think its better YouTube - Tito Ortiz vs Evan Tanner
Tito didn't go all 5 rds against Shammy and he gassed badly in that fight. He does overtrain though, which is why he is always injured by fight time (not hurt, injured; everyone is hurt by fight time).

MMABoxing

Awards
Oh I didn't know that. But what I want to know is why do you think Randy is using GH? don't see any signs of him using it.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's a near fifty-year old man in impeccable condition, who made an improbable comeback in better shape than prior to his hiatus. At his age, with endogenous GHRH, and GH levels declining, and Testosterone:Cortisol:Estradiol levels becoming imbalanced for athletics, such a feat was most likely impossible without chemical aid.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol @ the reply to the AAS question.

anyway, yeah i agree on the Randy suspicioun as well. I did not want to say it originally since I kow some people might go into a tirade if something bad is mentioned about "captain America". but since the cat is out of the bag, i agree with you.

Also, I have a DVD collection of every single UFC from 1 tosomething like 78. cant remember the number of the most recent. You definetely see Ortiz's head growing over the years as well as randy's. as well as chucks gut but like you said benefit of the doubt. more than a couple things can cause a big gut.

vitor belfort was another name that seemed like he could not compete well once the testing became regulated. before when the UFC was startig out they had obvious juicers. coleman and kerr are the first to jump into my mind.

what about randleman???

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol @ the reply to the AAS question.

anyway, yeah i agree on the Randy suspicioun as well. I did not want to say it originally since I kow some people might go into a tirade if something bad is mentioned about "captain America". but since the cat is out of the bag, i agree with you.

Also, I have a DVD collection of every single UFC from 1 tosomething like 78. cant remember the number of the most recent. You definetely see Ortiz's head growing over the years as well as randy's. as well as chucks gut but like you said benefit of the doubt. more than a couple things can cause a big gut.

vitor belfort was another name that seemed like he could not compete well once the testing became regulated. before when the UFC was startig out they had obvious juicers. coleman and kerr are the first to jump into my mind.

what about randleman???
Vitor's been off and on for years, but his problem is mental, not physical. Randleman is another one that is definitely on something. He does have some freaky genetics, but there is a reason that the Hammer House is known as the Juice House. Coleman, Randleman, Baroni, etc are all AAS users.

Many Brazilians are users because it is part of the culture in Brazil and is not stigmatized like it is here in the US.

MMABoxing

Awards
I agree.^ Randleman had an excuse why his piss test was not human.

don't know what it is..but I could find out for your guys if you want.

Hey Rodja did you watch DREAM 3 It was a great fight card very good fights.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree.^ Randleman had an excuse why his piss test was not human.

don't know what it is..but I could find out for your guys if you want.

Hey Rodja did you watch DREAM 3 It was a great fight card very good fights.
I've seen most of the fights. The Hansen/Alvarez fight was a war. Alavarez could be top-3 if he continues to develop at this rate.