nitro tech and cell tech versus other creatine and protein

daz1989

Awards
My friend and I work out together and agrue constantly about protien and nitro tech mainly. He holds nitro tech up on a pedistal top anything else. I try to tell him that protien is basically protien although nitro tech may be a little better it is not worth spending more money on than regulare protein. what do yall think? and also is cell tech just creatine and if it isnt what is in it to make it different?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
and also is cell tech just creatine and if it isnt what is in it to make it different?
75g of sugar.

As for Nitrotech. Other than being a waste of money, it looks like it's just protien + additional lucine, from what I remember from the label.

Good rule of thumb, say no to muscletech.

daz1989

Awards
thank you silent bob i just showed it to him and now he is still not accepting the facts

RyanOFelt

Awards
Yeah im pretty sure you can get bulk creatine mono for like 10 dollars a bottle and then a big bottle of the most sugary grape juice you can find and BAM! its celltech.
Nitrotech is not any better than proteins that go for much cheaper. Bulk whey and bulk BCAA is much better and cheaper.

Muscletech supplements work, but not as well as others that go for half the price. The sad part is how much they sell primarily based on bull**** endorsments (Jay Cutler, etc.) and outrageous advertising.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
optimum nutrition gold standard whey is what i like. about to get my samples of ALL THEY WHEY from marcus cant wait woo woo

daz1989

Awards
lol he is gettin mad its so funny he is still tryin to argue about it he is cryin like a baby bout it finally I have some peple to back me

ProAnabolics

ProAnabolics

Awards
muscletech products should only be used if you can get them way below the regular price. your paying for the label.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Make him a bet that from today for one year, The person who grows the most muscle without the most body fat wins. He can only use muscle tech you can use your normal protein and creatine you get from Nutraplanet.
Loser owes the winner what he spent on his supp's for that year.
You will be rich from the Muscle Yech GNC moron.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Muscletech products work they are just overpriced. Celltech is a great product, but not worth what you are paying. You can usually find it BOGO somewhere or 50% off. I'm actually gonna use it in the near future since i found some cheap as dirt.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
Muscletech products work they are just overpriced. Celltech is a great product, but not worth what you are paying. You can usually find it BOGO somewhere or 50% off. I'm actually gonna use it in the near future since i found some cheap as dirt.
muscletech products are straight bull****

celltech is garbage

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Why pay extra money for bad products? I don't want to pay for nine page ads that are for crap. When your advertising budget is bigger than your R&D budget that says it all.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
muscletech products are straight bull****

celltech is garbage
I'm not a muscletech fan by any means, but my guess is you never tried it. Celltech is a product that does work and works well. Would I pay retail for it. Def not, but would I pay 15.00 for a tub. Yessir

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a muscletech fan by any means, but my guess is you never tried it. Celltech is a product that does work and works well. Would I pay retail for it. Def not, but would I pay 15.00 for a tub. Yessir
15 bucks a tub I'd use it. I would also buy all they had.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
its creatine, some insulin potentiating herbs, and 75 grams of sugar... garbage.

ide pay 15 bucks a tub for it, and then sell it.. but i wouldnt TAKE it if you gave it to me for free...

diabeetus-tech

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
they make ok products, but their advertising, and prices are way outta line.
My advice:
Cut back the insane ads. Make your prices normal. Dont throw a kitchen sink into every product.
Then they would be a highly respected company.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
their advertising kills me man.. everytime i read this i crack up:

Powered By Patent-Pending Jet Pulverizing, Hammer Milling, Lyophilization Cryogenic Technologies

MUSCLE HAIL STORM! :rofl::rofl:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Powered By Patent-Pending Jet Pulverizing, Hammer Milling, Lyophilization Cryogenic Technologies
lol that one is my favorite

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established

MUSCLE HAIL STORM! :rofl::rofl:
well dude, looks like we can agree on this one eh?

muscletech, the products that built jay cutler........

sure man, sign me up. i fall for the hype every time.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dang boltster, you're everywhere.
lol as my name implies i get places quickly...but the marketing lingo on that is just too funny when i first read it i was like ummm are they serious

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
its creatine, some insulin potentiating herbs, and 75 grams of sugar... garbage.

ide pay 15 bucks a tub for it, and then sell it.. but i wouldnt TAKE it if you gave it to me for free...

diabeetus-tech
Many people put more dextrose into their post workout shakes. I don't really follow your logic. You basically pointed out why this system works well. Its creatine and a method to spike insulin which increases the absorbtion. Why do alot of people take mono with grape juice? An 8 ounce of grape juice is about 50g of sugar....

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Many people put more dextrose into their post workout shakes. I don't really follow your logic. You basically pointed out why this system works well. Its creatine and a method to spike insulin which increases the absorbtion. Why do alot of people take mono with grape juice? An 8 ounce of grape juice is about 50g of sugar....

i think the point being made is a comparison of cost/value.

insulin spike due to sugar ingestion CAN be useful & has obvious effects, in this instance to shuttle creatine to the muscle. there are other options to getting your creatine absorbed, and w/o the negative effects of massive sugar ingestion.
simple sugar ingestion for this purpose is fine on a certain level, but there is too much bandwagonning on the method imo, and at levels that could potentially lead to health issues.
hugely overrated method spread by industry (MT) hype...

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
this topic has been beat to death... the general consensus is you do NOT need to have huge insulin spikes to utilize creatine properly...

and this isnt 1985, there are other methods of potentiating insulin release other than pounding HUGE amounts of sugar.

AND paying 50$ a bottle for sugar + creatine

and MUSCLE HAIL STORMmmmMMMMmm

and at levels that could potentially lead to health issues.
hugely overrated method spread by industry (MT) hype...
someone pay this man

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
this topic has been beat to death... the general consensus is you do NOT need to have huge insulin spikes to utilize creatine properly...

and this isnt 1985, there are other methods of potentiating insulin release other than pounding HUGE amounts of sugar.

AND paying 50$ a bottle for sugar + creatine

and MUSCLE HAIL STORMmmmMMMMmm

someone pay this man
I can't believe i'm arguing over a MT product. I don't debate the fact that their are safer and maybe even better delivery systems. The point I am trying to make is that the product does work and to classify it as "junk" is not true. Hopefully you can understand where i'm coming from. I'm not saying its the best or the worse, i'm just saying it does work well and I wouldnt classify it as junk. If price were not a factor it is a very effective supplement.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
this is an easy one.
;)
still, nice to be on the same side this time.
you make very compelling & logical points.
haha for real... same goes for you

The point I am trying to make is that the product does work and to classify it as "junk" is not true. .
i follow what youre trying to say, but efficacy at the cost of health/saftey and severe over-pricing make a product junk in my book.

Saurabh

Awards
My friend and I work out together and agrue constantly about protien and nitro tech mainly. He holds nitro tech up on a pedistal top anything else. I try to tell him that protien is basically protien although nitro tech may be a little better it is not worth spending more money on than regulare protein. what do yall think? and also is cell tech just creatine and if it isnt what is in it to make it different?
They are both good products.

People who know more about their supplements would obviously not go for the two mentioned above since there are better alternatives. However for a person who doesnt have enough knowledge Cell-Tech and MuscleTech are excellent starting points.

There is most definitely an issue of price though.

daz1989

Awards
ou all make great points and I do understand that it works no matter how little or much but the fact is there is cheaper ways that are certainly more efficient I am goin to sit him down and make him read this. I couldnt do the bet thing because he is bigger than me and has more muscle mass as of now so it would be harder for him to gain where I am fairly new to lifting and havent even come close to my peak and would gain much more quickly than him probab;y even if he took the musle tech and I went natural but it would be a fun thing to have to relatively similar people do the study lol although we know who would win

Thomas Tank

Thomas Tank

Awards
To add my two cents i would love if someone was finally able to lay the Muscle Tech myth or reality to rest. I have never tried their products and never will, but i think it is important that SOMEONE out there gives it straight. I would love to see someone make a log of Anabolic Halo and then we can fairly judge if it is crap or not, the same with all of thier products. I am biased and my hypothesis is that they will indeed be overpriced garbage, but we will never know unless someone logs and we get some REAL info. Just a thought.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
I would love to see someone make a log of Anabolic Halo and then we can fairly judge if it is crap or not, the same with all of thier products. .
i sell muscletech products every day... no one who takes them is big. in fact i would say 80% of the buyers are under 20.
*everyone* who is in the know, does not use their products.

convo between me and a kid the other night

him: what do you think about muscletech
me: overpriced garbage. i can make some better recommendations if you want
him: oh? i gained 20lbs in 1 month on cell tech

*i swear he said this*

me: no you didnt
him: no really i...
me: ...no you didnt
him: no i swear..
me: ...you ready to be rung up?

daz1989

Awards
that is funny arjun and isnt that halo stuff like no explode it just gives your muscles oxygen so you can get more reps out

daz1989

Awards
that is funny arjun and isnt that halo stuff like no explode it just gives your muscles oxygen so you can get more reps out

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
i dont even know wtf it is... its like everything under the sun. but its unlikely that any of those things are in amounts high enough to be effective. the first two ingredients in their 24g blend is dextrose and maltodextrin... the product contains 19 of carbs...

so that leaves you aprox 5g left to fit ALL of that **** into... and ide put 20$ down that says most of that 5g is creatine mono, and that the other ingredients are in dual digit mg amounts.

thats (one of) the problem with muscletech and companies like them... they give the supplement industry a bad name. they use effective ingredients, in non effective amounts... and no one ever gets any results from the product.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i sell muscletech products every day... no one who takes them is big. in fact i would say 80% of the buyers are under 20.

*i swear he said this*

THANK YOU....

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i dont even know wtf it is... its like everything under the sun. but its unlikely that any of those things are in amounts high enough to be effective. the first two ingredients in their 24g blend is dextrose and maltodextrin... the product contains 19 of carbs...

so that leaves you aprox 5g left to fit ALL of that **** into... and ide put 20$ down that says most of that 5g is creatine mono, and that the other ingredients are in dual digit mg amounts.

thats (one of) the problem with muscletech and companies like them... they give the supplement industry a bad name. they use effective ingredients, in non effective amounts... and no one ever gets any results from the product.
THANK YOU X2...

it still amazes me that more people do not understand this, and ask "gee i wonder if their stuff really works".

once again, the power of the industry to mislead.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i concur

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
seriously tho, i think muscle tech's great, cuz men's health told me so...

daz1989

Awards
that kid sounds like my friend for real. I was at my friends house argueing with him once agian about mainly nitro-tech and he is like read it right back here scientists research this stuff here is their names. I try to tell him that its just advertising but man he just wont let it go. Any ideas that I can do to really convince him?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established

daz, with that statement right there i'm starting to wonder if this is really your friend we're talking about...

daz1989

Awards
lol did I mess up about the no explode or halo I am not the best with suplements but I did know that muscle tecdh was not worth the price that is why I posted on here is to show him what people who really know what they are talking about say and to learn I mean I cant learn without making mistakes right?

Thomas Tank

Thomas Tank

Awards

*i swear he said this*

I dont doubt that at all and as i said we can all agree that it is overpriced and its success is fuelled by young highschool kids getting pounded over the head with glossy 9 page ads. However i am a man who believes in fairness and though i may hate what MuscleTech stands for and loathe the thought of people blowing wads of money to make them a "leading brand" i would like to see a log by somebody. Hell the more skeptical the better even, i think then and only then can we lay this baby to rest and whenever a fella comes on the board to discuss that gosh dang it gee wilkers company muscle tech we can refer them to a log of what you really get. Sorry to ramble, but heck i think that is reasonable.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
that kid sounds like my friend for real. I was at my friends house argueing with him once agian about mainly nitro-tech and he is like read it right back here scientists research this stuff here is their names. I try to tell him that its just advertising but man he just wont let it go. Any ideas that I can do to really convince him?
Sounds like the normal mind-set of a 17 year old senior in high school, but it's the same with them and N.O.Xplode. My friend once tried to argue that N.O.Xplode was the best supp. on the market for lifting. I made him try what I used to stack before workouts(WAXIMAIZE, Arginine-AKG, and Creatine Monohydrate) and he never brought N.O.Xplode up again. Just introduce your friend to some awesome supplements he's never heard of and tell him to compare the lables.

daz1989

Awards
I wouldn't mind doing a log if I knew how to do one for starters and IT DIDNT COST SO FREAKIN MUCH lol

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont doubt that at all and as i said we can all agree that it is overpriced and its success is fuelled by young highschool kids getting pounded over the head with glossy 9 page ads. However i am a man who believes in fairness and though i may hate what MuscleTech stands for and loathe the thought of people blowing wads of money to make them a "leading brand" i would like to see a log by somebody. Hell the more skeptical the better even, i think then and only then can we lay this baby to rest and whenever a fella comes on the board to discuss that gosh dang it gee wilkers company muscle tech we can refer them to a log of what you really get. Sorry to ramble, but heck i think that is reasonable.
fair enough tank, step to the plate and run that log then.
in the interest of fairness, why wait for someone else to do it?
then you can put this baby to rest, eh?
sounds reasonable to me...

daz1989

Awards
fair enough tank, step to the plate and run that log then.
in the interest of fairness, why wait for someone else to do it?
then you can put this baby to rest, eh?
sounds reasonable to me...
theres a good idea and I could use it to show my friend