Applied Nutriceuticals DRIVE

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
So ive been looking at this product a lot and i really like what i hear. I really like that product promises a increase in ability to recover from training, but how? The description talks about how it utilizes cAMP synergism. Cyclic amp is a secondary messenger used in transduction of receptor chemicals such as Epinephrine to induce a cellular response such as breaking down glycogen using glycogen phosphoralase. cAMP is only a secondary messenger used with transmembrane G-proteins to start a phosphoralation cascade and a cellular response. How does this product actually work? By what means does it accomplish what it says it does? Does anyone have information or results from taking it?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
How hard did you search for your answers?

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
all i know is, i take drive with my PCT and i dont lose muscle. i also have used it solo and it gives me nice gains and helps with recovery. only thing to watch for is possible stomach upset but i also tend to have an uneasy stomach

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So ive been looking at this product a lot and i really like what i hear. I really like that product promises a increase in ability to recover from training, but how? The description talks about how it utilizes cAMP synergism. Cyclic amp is a secondary messenger used in transduction of receptor chemicals such as Epinephrine to induce a cellular response such as breaking down glycogen using glycogen phosphoralase. cAMP is only a secondary messenger used with transmembrane G-proteins to start a phosphoralation cascade and a cellular response. How does this product actually work? By what means does it accomplish what it says it does? Does anyone have information or results from taking it?
The agent you may want to research in DRIVE for its performance enhancing effects is the Icariian. Here's a starter for ya:

The testosterone mimetic properties of icariin.
Zhang ZB, Yang QT.

Department of Urology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Shantou University Medical College, Shantou 515041, China. [email protected]

AIM: To evaluate the testosterone mimetic properties of icariin. METHODS: Forty-eight healthy male Sprague-Dawley rats at the age of 15 months were randomly divided into four groups with 12 rats each: the control group (C), the model group (M), the icariin group (ICA) and the testosterone group (T). The reproductive system was damaged by cyclophosphamide (intraperitoneal injection, 20 mg/kg x day) for 5 consecutive days for groups M, ICA and T, at the sixth day, ICA (gastric gavage, 200 mg/kg x day) for the ICA group and sterandryl (subcutaneous injection, 5 mg/rat . day) for the T group for 7 consecutive days, respectively. The levels of serum testosterone, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), serum bone Gla-protein (BGP) and tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase activity in serum (StrACP) were determined. The histological changes of the testis and the penis were observed by microscope with hematoxylin-eosin (HE) staining and terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase biotin-dUTP-X nick end labeling (TUNEL), respectively. RESULTS: (1) Icariin improved the condition of reproductive organs and increased the circulating levels of testosterone. (2) Icariin treatment also improved the steady-state serum BGP and might have promoted bone formation. At the same time, it decreased the serum levels of StrACP and might have reduced the bone resorption. (3) Icarrin suppressed the extent of apoptosis of penile cavernosal smooth muscle cells. CONCLUSION: Icariin has testosterone mimetic properties and has therapeutic potential in the management of hypoandrogenism.

PMID: 16751992 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established

Hey Pav,

Are you making these cAMP statements before or after reading the technical writeup on our webpage? I am a bit confused by your statements.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Im a pre med major. The whole cAMP is just a basic concept from Earl Sutherlands experiments. I just kinda wanted to know the exact science behind the thing and how exactly it accomplishes what it says it does? I didnt really understand the technical write up

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I understand Forskolin is used to raise levels of cyclic amp, but what is the primary messenger used to initiate this transduction?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
A few points of info, I think I see what you mean:

Forskolin increases cAMP independent of epinephrine.
The forskolin itself is what is increasing the bodies levels of cAMP- It does this by increasing adenylate cyclase, which in turn splits ATP to create cyclic AMP.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
That seems to make sense. and oddly enough theres a diagram of the whole G-protein and creation of cyclic amp on the dry erase board in the room im studyin in. haha. well anyway how would a stack of IGF-2 and Drive do with the addition of amino's creatine and AAKG?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Drive and IGF-2 would compliment each other quite well. Let me see if I can find a log of that combo..... I know SOMEONE did one on one of these forums.............

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Drive and IGF-2 would compliment each other quite well. Let me see if I can find a log of that combo..... I know SOMEONE did one on one of these forums.............
Seriously, Drive has been used with everything. You could probably find a Drive/Fruit Loops log

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
drive and fruit loops mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i just stacked drive and italian hoagie today

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Drive's major strength is not just the combination of compounds, but the synergy between them that creates the exceptional results, including shortened recovery times. All the compounds in Drive elevate cAMP levels directly, apart from Naringin that does it indirectly. Icariin has a way to inhibit PDE-5 and dramatically increase not just cAMP, but also cGMP levels at the cellular level. Dodder Seed and Icariin are known to work especially synergistically. Forskolin has many important properties, apart from cAMP-boosting. Cordyceps (cordyceptic acid) is a prized adaptogen that helps elevate endurance and strength, while providing superior immune support and anti-oxidant protection. Naringin, amongst other things, helps increase the half-life of all the other compounds. Ultimately, by dramatically improving blood circulation (and pump), Drive helps to flood your muscle cells with important macronutrients, further enhancing tissue repair and shortening recovery.

rcarracedo

Awards
I'm using both Drive and RPM. I wouldn't know why it works but I have to say I an a skeptic when it comes to most anything .... "the doubter" and I have to say ... I'm glad I spent my money on it. These supps are the best alternative I've ever used to the real stuff.

rcarracedo

Awards
That seems to make sense. and oddly enough theres a diagram of the whole G-protein and creation of cyclic amp on the dry erase board in the room im studyin in. haha. well anyway how would a stack of IGF-2 and Drive do with the addition of amino's creatine and AAKG?
Yeah I read about IGF-2 ... It caught my interest because of the "size" claims. This is really what I am looking to do. Get bigger. I wonder if stacking RPM, Drive and IGF-2 would help.

PennStateMuscle

PennStateMuscle

Awards
The IGF-2 peaked my interest also. I'm currently on day 5 of a RPM/Drive/X-factor stack, and when day 50 comes and I stop the X-factor in the stack I was thinking of continuing the RPM/Drive and possibly adding the IGF-2 for another 8 week stack.

rcarracedo

Awards
The IGF-2 peaked my interest also. I'm currently on day 5 of a RPM/Drive/X-factor stack, and when day 50 comes and I stop the X-factor in the stack I was thinking of continuing the RPM/Drive and possibly adding the IGF-2 for another 8 week stack.
What is X-Factor? What do you feel it is doing for you?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
X-Factor is Arachidonic acid. Have a look down in the Molecular Nutrition subforum for all the info you need ;)

PennStateMuscle

PennStateMuscle

Awards
What is X-Factor? What do you feel it is doing for you?
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/molecular-nutrition/x-factor-100-softgels.html

That's X-factor, I'd take some time to look a round and read about it. That's pretty much what I did, and got some help from some fo the guys on the board.

It's only day 5 for me for the RPM/Drive/X-factor but I've noticed some nice pumps during my workout and after. The RPM really helps pre-workout, unfortunately during the week I take it in the morning to wake up but I don't leave work till between 5-6 and being a little sensitive to stims I won't take it that late or else I'll be up all night long.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
hey penn state, i dont mean to hijack a thread, but are u a big bayside fan? im seeing them friday.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I read about IGF-2 ... It caught my interest because of the "size" claims. This is really what I am looking to do. Get bigger. I wonder if stacking RPM, Drive and IGF-2 would help.
If Drive and RPM impressed you, RPM/Drive/IGF-2 will literally blow your mind! To my mind, these three combined would produce one of the most effective results of any natural anabolics. I am not making this statement as an Applied Nutriceuticals rep. Rather, the statement is based on a combination of my own experience and independent anecdotal evidence.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I would have to agree!

If Drive and RPM impressed you, RPM/Drive/IGF-2 will literally blow your mind! To my mind, these three combined would produce one of the most effective results of any natural anabolics. I am not making this statement as an Applied Nutriceuticals rep. Rather, the statement is based on a combination of my own experience and independent anecdotal evidence.
I would have to second strategic's notions! :D...check my log out I just completed not too long ago. 20lbs in 9 weeks!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Ahem....

If you need an example of what people can expect you can always use my log as a reference (although it was RPM/DRIVE, and IGF-2)....after all, you are the one who helped me out with the products bud...I'm still in your debt for that by the way! :D

PennStateMuscle

PennStateMuscle

Awards
hey penn state, i dont mean to hijack a thread, but are u a big bayside fan? im seeing them friday.
Yeah I'm a big Bayside fan, I've never been able to catch them in concert but I have all their albums. You a big fan too Pav?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
haha yeah bro ive seen them twice already and im seeing them tommorow in PA.

rcarracedo

Awards
i wasn't going to post until next week ... so that i could give a full week's update. this is day 3 for me and i am actually concerned. because i can't understand how an over the counter product can be so intense. I haven't done much juice in my life. the cycles i have done in the past were always light. i was always concerned with hurting myself. the RPM/Drive stack is like ... to be conservative ... 3/4 of a light anabolic cycle. I can't think anything like this can last out in the market. I wonder if they'll (FDA), take it off the shelves. is this stuff safe? If it is (i say this because you really don't know until prolonged use), it has revolutionized supplements as we know them. Now keep in mind, I've been away from supps and weight lifting for awhile ... I am also no rep ... just a satisfied consumer who has been in gyms on and off for the last 20 years. Great pumps, strength, increased appetite ... fullness, hardness, quick, great endurance, etc. Just like they say. Never bought anything that delivered most on it's promise.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
all i know is, i take drive with my post cycle therapy and i dont lose muscle. i also have used it solo and it gives me nice gains and helps with recovery. only thing to watch for is possible stomach upset but i also tend to have an uneasy stomach
I was under the impression that the main turn-on in Drive was the increased muscle strength/speed part, but the above quote attests to its effectiveness post-cycle, which doesn't mean a thing to me. What is the main selling point for Drive?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was under the impression that the main turn-on in Drive was the increased muscle strength/speed part, but the above quote attests to its effectiveness post-cycle, which doesn't mean a thing to me. What is the main selling point for Drive?
Drive is a very versatile product. Consequently, it has many "selling points". With Drive you should experience improved mood, heightened strength and endurance, pronounced improvements in recovery time, significant and noticeable improvements in lean mass growth and preservation (anti-catabolism), noticeable muscle-hardening, pronounced aromatase-inhibition activity, higher testosterone levels, and overall improvement in sexual performance.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i wasn't going to post until next week ... so that i could give a full week's update. this is day 3 for me and i am actually concerned. because i can't understand how an over the counter product can be so intense. I haven't done much juice in my life. the cycles i have done in the past were always light. i was always concerned with hurting myself. the RPM/Drive stack is like ... to be conservative ... 3/4 of a light anabolic cycle. I can't think anything like this can last out in the market. I wonder if they'll (FDA), take it off the shelves. is this stuff safe? If it is (i say this because you really don't know until prolonged use), ...
Great feedback! No need to worry, Sir! There is absolutely no reason the FDA should take either RPM or Drive off the shelves :D. The ingredients are hand-picked and of the highest qualities available. The compounds are completely safe and the products are manufactured in line with stringent acceptable manufacturing practices. Full ethical compliance, too. Furthermore, RPM, Drive, IGF-2, and all Applied Nutriceuticals' products are NCAA, NPC, IFBB, NFL, NBA, MLB and IOC compliant.

...it has revolutionized supplements as we know them. Now keep in mind, I've been away from supps and weight lifting for awhile ... I am also no rep ... just a satisfied consumer who has been in gyms on and off for the last 20 years. Great pumps, strength, increased appetite ... fullness, hardness, quick, great endurance, etc. Just like they say. Never bought anything that delivered most on it's promise.
Again, thanks for the feedback! Glad to know you are satisfied with the products.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I`m using rpm+drive+ 6-oxo xt and massfx stack and I`m very pleased with the results, not a great mass increase but a more crispy cut muscle look without a doubt.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
allentown at croc rock they play tonite at 7

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I`m using rpm+drive+ 6-oxo xt and massfx stack and I`m very pleased with the results, not a great mass increase but a more crispy cut muscle look without a doubt.
This is my problem with herbal supplements.The more effective ones like drive can give you more muscle hardness,some strength increase and endurance,but I cannot recall ever coming across a log where someone gained any significant mass that was not from a prohormonal or designer steroid(other than AA).
I guess my question would be,is the expenditure of your cash really worth the minimal gains?

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
I would definitely say yes. Increase in recovery time, strength gains. Those are 2 things that will lead to mass. If you push more weight and do it more frequently your mass will eventually have to shoot up. I'd say mass has more to do with your diet then what supplements you are taking. I'd rather have a product that works for strength and recovery and then eat some chicken.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I would definitely say yes. Increase in recovery time, strength gains. Those are 2 things that will lead to mass. If you push more weight and do it more frequently your mass will eventually have to shoot up. I'd say mass has more to do with your diet then what supplements you are taking. I'd rather have a product that works for strength and recovery and then eat some chicken.
I agree and don't forget the increased aggression that allows to push harder and stronger, the only problem its that its better to keep away from drinking cause anger problems surge when you least expect...

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Drive is a very versatile product. Consequently, it has many "selling points". With Drive you should experience improved mood, heightened strength and endurance, pronounced improvements in recovery time, significant and noticeable improvements in lean mass growth and preservation (anti-catabolism), noticeable muscle-hardening, pronounced aromatase-inhibition activity, higher testosterone levels, and overall improvement in sexual performance.
Damn.

Thanks =]

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is my problem with herbal supplements.The more effective ones like drive can give you more muscle hardness,some strength increase and endurance,but I cannot recall ever coming across a log where someone gained any significant mass that was not from a prohormonal or designer steroid(other than AA).
I guess my question would be,is the expenditure of your cash really worth the minimal gains?
I guess you can also always ask "is risking your liver and testicles worth $200 (between cycle + support + PCT) and 10lbs of gains"? I think that 3-4 lbs in a month that you have no problem maintaining and improves your health is better than 10lbs that could leave you impotent or sterile.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
allentown at croc rock they play tonite at 7
where do you live?

where do you go to college

ive been to croc rock. a few times

I lived in wilkesbarre area for 12 yrs

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
im from jersey but i go to Muhlenberg in allentown and play football there. We were 10-1 this year.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
This may sound silly but is there a risk of hairloss with Drive?

TheBenMan

Awards
best way to take Drive/RPM??

I just started taking Drive/RPM/Ngorge today, my questoion is this... Should I take the Drive and RPM together in the morning as well as pre-work out? Today I took full dose of Drive with one RPM in the morning, Ngorge an hour later, 1 hour pre-workout I took a full dose of Drive/RPM, Ngorge 30 min before workout. Should I take the RPM in the morning or is it a waste and should only be taken pre-workout with Drive? I have taken RPM before, only pre-workout, it's awesome! Looking forward to seeing what the Drive/RPm combo is like. Sorry if this is a dumb question, any feed back will be appreciated.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its not entirely a waste, but I think its better to take rpm on the off days too, rather than take it with both doses of drive.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep! Taking RPM daily (on workout-days and on off-days) ensures that the cumulative effects of RPM are fully triggered.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
I just started taking Drive/RPM/Ngorge today, my questoion is this... Should I take the Drive and RPM together in the morning as well as pre-work out? Today I took full dose of Drive with one RPM in the morning, Ngorge an hour later, 1 hour pre-workout I took a full dose of Drive/RPM, Ngorge 30 min before workout. Should I take the RPM in the morning or is it a waste and should only be taken pre-workout with Drive? I have taken RPM before, only pre-workout, it's awesome! Looking forward to seeing what the Drive/RPm combo is like. Sorry if this is a dumb question, any feed back will be appreciated.
I would think by taking RPM and Ngorge, you are doing an overkill on the L-Arginine, but thats just my opinion.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would think by taking RPM and Ngorge, you are doing an overkill on the L-Arginine, but thats just my opinion.
Hmmm... Considering that one capsule of RPM has 500mg of nutrients, and considering the number of ingredients in the blend, arginine may not be an issue. Same applies to the "Nitric Oxide Matrix" (550mg per four capsules) in N'Gorge. But that's just my opinion :D

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I agree. Arginine can be dosed pretty high with no negatives.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
Yea... I guess Im just biased against arginine products :donut: