Best Test Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.
pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Im 18 years old (6-2, 220, 9.4%) and looking for the best test booster out there to help gain muscle. I want a product free of side effects and one that has great results. What do u guys think is the best test booster out there and what should it be used in conjunction with?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im 18 years old (6-2, 220, 9.4%) and looking for the best test booster out there to help gain muscle. I want a product free of side effects and one that has great results. What do u guys think is the best test booster out there and what should it be used in conjunction with?
18 years old?

Squats. Nuff said.

Adams

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
With a thread title like that, I'm sure the PIMP's will show up soon!

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
18 years old?

Squats. Nuff said.

Adams
Yeah thats the problem my squat is 540, my dead is 550 and my bench is 290. I take these but i need something more, i just cant add weight. any help?

MORNING
400 IUS of Vitamin E
500 MG of Vitamin C
Beta Carotene
Multivitamin
Mineral
5 GRAMS L-Arginine-Alpha-Ketogluterate

MID MORNING
40-50 GRAM Whey Protein Shake
1 GRAM Flax Seed Oil
1 Pinch of Olive Oil

BEFORE LUNCH
5 GRAMS L-Argine-Alpha Ketogluterate -------30 Min Before

PREWORKOUT
5 GRAMS Leucine
5 GRAMS Taurine ------- 30 Min Before
5 GRAMS Glutamine
1 Gram Acetyl L Carnitine

1 GRAM Phenylalanine
200 MG of DMAE --------15-20 Min Before
200 MG of Panax Ginseng
B Complex Vitamin

POSTWORKOUT
5 GRAMS Leucine
5 GRAMS Taurine
5 GRAMS Glutamine
1 GRAM Acetyl l Carnitine
1 GRAM Flax Seed Oil
40-50 GRAMS Whey Protein Shake
1.5 GRAMS glucosamine
Pinch of Olive Oil
200 MG Alpha Lipoic Acid

WITH DINNER
400 IUS of Vitamin E
500 MG of Vitamin C
Beta Carotene
Multivitamin
Mineral

NIGHT
5 GRAMS Glutamine
1 Gram Lysine
Green Tea Extract
30 MG Chelated Zinc
1 GRAM Calcuim Citrate

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I will agree that most 18 year old kids do not require a testosterone-booster. For that reason I would not suggest using any supplement that increases testosterone without first getting a blood test.

In the meantime, you should defintely check out "Omnibolic", the all natural Pro-Anaboplic Hypertrophic Agent: Omnibolic: Pro-Anabolic Hypertrophic Agent

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah thats the problem my squat is 540, my dead is 550 and my bench is 290. I take these but i need something more, i just cant add weight. any help?

MORNING
400 IUS of Vitamin E
500 MG of Vitamin C
Beta Carotene
Multivitamin
Mineral
5 GRAMS L-Arginine-Alpha-Ketogluterate

MID MORNING
40-50 GRAM Whey Protein Shake
1 GRAM Flax Seed Oil
1 Pinch of Olive Oil

BEFORE LUNCH
5 GRAMS L-Argine-Alpha Ketogluterate -------30 Min Before

PREWORKOUT
5 GRAMS Leucine
5 GRAMS Taurine ------- 30 Min Before
5 GRAMS Glutamine
1 Gram Acetyl L Carnitine

1 GRAM Phenylalanine
200 MG of DMAE --------15-20 Min Before
200 MG of Panax Ginseng
B Complex Vitamin

POSTWORKOUT
5 GRAMS Leucine
5 GRAMS Taurine
5 GRAMS Glutamine
1 GRAM Acetyl l Carnitine
1 GRAM Flax Seed Oil
40-50 GRAMS Whey Protein Shake
1.5 GRAMS glucosamine
Pinch of Olive Oil
200 MG Alpha Lipoic Acid

WITH DINNER
400 IUS of Vitamin E
500 MG of Vitamin C
Beta Carotene
Multivitamin
Mineral

NIGHT
5 GRAMS Glutamine
1 Gram Lysine
Green Tea Extract
30 MG Chelated Zinc
1 GRAM Calcuim Citrate
Where is your creatine? Also, just a simple change up of your routine should suffice. Being 18 you definitely do not need any type of test booster. A tweak here and there should help you break your plateau.

What about your diet... what does that look like, how many cals?

Adams

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I dont have the creatine in their but i run it for 6 weeks. Four days of 20 grams and then the rest of 10 grams split between morning and before workout. The diet is fine no ****ty food, around 4500 calories. Im in college so eating healthy is hard when nothing is offered. I have three 50 grams protein shakes a day.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
I dont have the creatine in their but i run it for 6 weeks. Four days of 20 grams and then the rest of 10 grams split between morning and before workout. The diet is fine no ****ty food, around 4500 calories. Im in college so eating healthy is hard when nothing is offered. I have three 50 grams protein shakes a day.
The only thing I would change is to remove the fat from your postworkout meal. This way you can take advantage of the insulin spike. Save it for the meal after the PWO.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
While you probably dont need one, that doesn't mean you shouldn't take one or that it wont have positive benefits. I love how everyone thinks that a 18 yr old shouldn't take a test booster but think its ok for a 30 yr old to, test levels dont decline that much until the mid to late 30's. I would look into ZMA, i personally like tribulus as well. Most ppl dont think tribulus is worth ****, but I personally like it and feel something off of it.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While you probably dont need one, that doesn't mean you shouldn't take one or that it wont have positive benefits. I love how everyone thinks that a 18 yr old shouldn't take a test booster but think its ok for a 30 yr old to, test levels dont decline that much until the mid to late 30's. I would look into ZMA, i personally like tribulus as well. Most ppl dont think tribulus is worth ****, but I personally like it and feel something off of it.
So by this theory, you are saying that testosterone levels are continuous from the age of 18 - 30? So by this, shouldn't masculination continue from 18 - 30? As in your voice persistantly deepens, etc?

I dont know about anyone else, but I am 25, and I am nothing like I was when I was 18. My voice has stopped cracking, hair quit growing in funny places, and even my 32 times a day sex drive has levelled out.

And you are correct on tribulus at least... it isnt worth ****.

Adams

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So by this theory, you are saying that testosterone levels are continuous from the age of 18 - 30? So by this, shouldn't masculination continue from 18 - 30? As in your voice persistantly deepens, etc?

I dont know about anyone else, but I am 25, and I am nothing like I was when I was 18. My voice has stopped cracking, hair quit growing in funny places, and even my 32 times a day sex drive has levelled out.

And you are correct on tribulus at least... it isnt worth ****.

Adams

TRIBLUS PLANT is GARBAGE. The steroidal sapogenin called "Protodioscin" which is extracted from Tribulus is a PRECIOUS GEM!

A STANDARDIZED Tribulus extract containing 20% Protodioscin will cause a massive LH surge and a huge increase in total testosterone levels:

TRIBESTAN EFFECT ON THE CONCENTRATION OF SOME HORMONES IN THE SERUM OF HEALTHY SUBJECTS
S. Milanov, A. Maleeva, M. Taskov

RIRR - Radioisotope and Radioimmunological Laboratory, Sofia

Chemical Pharmaceutical Research Institute,
Sofia, Bulgaria

SUMMARY

Tribestan effect has been studied on the serum concentration of hypophyseal hormones, of ACTH, STH, LH, FSH, adrenal hormone aldosterone and cortisol and sex hormones - testosterone and estradiol. The experiments have been carried out on 8 males and 8 females, aged 28 - 45 years of age. The product was perorally administered in a single dose of 250 mg, three times daily for 5 days. Serum samples were withdrawn at 8 a.m. and 12 a.m., prior to and post treatment. The product has been established not to change essentially the concentrations of adrenal hormones and of ACTH. The hypophyseal-gonadal axis however has significantly been affected in the females with predominantly increased concentration of FSH and estradiol and in the males - mainly of LH and the testosterone. The mechanism of that action is presumed to be complicated and realized both by direct effect on gonadal apparatus and by the tropic hormones.
The probable established changes in the concentration of the hormones studied do not get out of the frames of the physiological limits.

The lyophilized extract of Tribulus terrestris, introduced in veterinary practice as TB-68, has pronounced sex-stimulating function. The initial studies of this product showed that it stimulates the spermatogenesis of albino rats (Vankov S., et al., 1973) and enhanced the ovulation of female rats (Vankov S. et al. 1973). Zarkova S. (1976) has also established in rats an increased number of spermatogonia, spermatocytes as well as increase of neutral mucopolysaccharides in seminiferous tubules of the testes. Gendzhev Z. and S. Zarkova, in other experiments (1978) proved the increase of spermatic reserve in the epididymis of rats.

With the view to the need of human medicine of a product stimulating sexual function, Tribestan was formulated on the base of the indicated phytochemical product. It contains saponins of furostanol type (Tomova M. et al., 1978). The first studies of Tribestan confirmed its high sex-stimulating activity in experimental animals (Zarkova S., 1981). Later, the clinical studies established a similar stimulating effect in humans as well (Protich M. at al. 1981). The present study was carried out with a view to throwing light on some aspects of the mechanism of that action of Tribestan, aiming at attaining an effect from the product on the serum concentration of some hypophyseal, sexual and adrenal hormones.

MATERIALS AND METHODS

The experiments were performed on 16 subjects (8 females and 8 males), aged 28-45. All subjects were in good health, without any complaints and good capacity for work. The following schedule was used:
1. The basic levels of hypophysiotropic hormones (ACTH, STH, LH, FSH), of sexual hormones (testosterone and estradiol) and of adrenal hormones (aldosterone and cortisol) were determined. They were determined twice, at 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. - one day prior to Tribestan treatment.
2. The treatment with the product was initiated on the following day, which was periodically administered, 250 mg, three times daily for 5 days.
3. After the termination of Tribestan treatment (day sixth after the initiation of the experiment), blood was again withdrawn (at the same hour - 8:00 a.m. and 12 p.m.) for the determination of the concentration of the indicated hormones.

The work proceeded in the following way: after centrifugation of 6 - 8 ml blood, the serum obtained was frozen at 20°C till the day of the determination of hormonal concentration. The determination was performed by radioimmune tests. LH and FSH were determined by the modified method of Midgley A.R., (1967), making use of some kits of Biodata company, Italy and ACTH and STH - according to the method of Berson S.A. and R. S. Yalow (1963). Testosterone was evaluated by the method of William R. H. (1968), and of estradiol by Orezyk G.P. et al. (1974), making use of kits of Sorin Company, Belgium for both hormones. The adrenal hormones cortisol and aldosterone were also determined by kits of that company, making use of Vescei P. (1974) and of William G and R. Hunderwood (1974).

The obtained results were statistically processed by variation analysis, by Student - t test.

RESULTS AND DISCUSSION

As could be seen from Table 1, LH level in the males was elevated with a high significance after the treatment (p < 0.001). The changes affected both samples to the same rate (at 8 a.m. and 12 p.m.). FSH concentration was not affected under the same conditions. The other two hypophyseal hormones, ACTH and STH were not changed.

An insignificant tendency to elevation was observed in STH level (mean values - 2.9 prior to and 3.2 mg/ml post treatment) in some of the cases. The level of sex hormones was strongly affected. Thus testosterone concentration was three-fold (2) increased and that of estradiol - about 1.5 times (Table 1).

Table 1
Hormone Prior to Tribestan
Post Tribestan

8 a.m.
12 p.m.
8 a.m.
12 p.m.

LH, mIU/ml X 13.0 14.38(1) 37.25 24.75
SX 0.64 0.73 1.01 0.79
Pt 0.001 0.001
FSH, mIU/ml X 13.38 13.50 13.38 11.38
SX 0.35 0.28 0.35 0.36
Pt >0.5 >0.5
Testosterone, ng % X 628 610 882 845
SX 48 46 35 32
Pt <0.001 <0.001
Estradiol pg/ml X 79 76 133 137.5
SX 3.46 2.24 6.72 5.86
Pt <0.001 <0.001

LH concentration was also increased in females under Tribestan effect. What impressed was that the significance was lower than the first sample. The greatest discrepancy, as compared with the results of the males, was the sharp stimulation of FSH. A strong effect was observed there, which could be explained by blood withdrawal during the early phase of the menstrual cycle, the so-called follicular phase. Estradiol was also strongly affected (Pt < 0.001), whereas testosterone in the females during the early hours of the day was less affected (Table 2).

Table 2
Hormone
Prior to Tribestan
Post Tribestan

8 a.m.
12 p.m.
8 a.m.
12 p.m.

LH, mIU/ml X 15.25 13.50 17.13 16.88
SX 0.64 0.87 0.73 0.35
Pt 0.02 0.001
FSH, mIU/ml X 11.00 11.88 17.75 15.25
SX 0.13 0.09 0.71 0.38
Pt 0.001 0.001
Estradiol mIU/ml X 72.13 59.38 77.13 87.50
SX 6.02 5.73 5.47 3.24
Pt 0.5 0.001

The level of adrenal hormone was identically affected both in males and females (Table 3). A significant increase of the concentration was also established though that effect had a relatively low significance (p < 0.05). At the same time, cortisol level was no changed (Table 3).

Table 3
Aldosterone Cortisol
Prior to Post Prior to Post
X 11.59 13.77 8.63 8.63
S 2.52 3.48 2.20 1.92
SX 0.63 0.87 0.55 0.48
Pt 0.05 0.05

The results obtained provided grounds to admit that Tribestan had a pronounced stimulating effect on the secretion of some hormones. The effect on the hormones along the hypophyseal-gonadal axis was particularly well manifested. The effect was manifested both at hypophyseal and gonadal level. Some sexual discrepancies were also established. Thus, FSH was mainly affected in the females. The presence of that hormone is exceptionally important during the follicular phase for the development of the follicle. When its development is stimulated, its secretory ability is also intensified and hence - estradiol level is elevated. Lutenizing hormone is more strongly influenced in the male, which on its part stimulates the secretion of testosterone.

ACTH and cortisol were not changed suggesting that they were not significantly involved in the realization of Tribestan effects. The tendency of stimulation of STH and aldosterone explained the activation of the anabolic processes in the body and general stimulating action of the product. The absence of effect on the level of cortisol showed however that the general tonic action was very strongly manifested.

It should be stressed that the level of the hormones studied did not go out beyond the physiological frames i.e. it did not disturb the physiological mechanisms of hormonal regulation.

References

Vankov S., S. Zarkova, Z. Gendzhev, M. Tomova - Effect of TB-68 on the spermatogenesis in albino rats. Proceeding of the Third National Conference of Pharmacology and Clinics of New Bulgarian Drugs, Sofia, November 14-16, 1973, v.2, 161-163.
Vankov S., S. Zarkova, M. Tomova - TB-68 effect on ovulation of albino rats. Proceedings of Third National Conference of Pharmacology and Clinics of New Bulgarian Drugs, Sofia, November 14-16, 1973, v.2, 165-167.
Gendzhev Z., S. Zarkova - Effect of the phyto-pharmaceutical TB-68 on the number of spermatozoa in epididymis of rat. Med. Archive, 1978, N I, 113-118.
Dimova P., M. Taskov - Comparative enzyme-histological studies of some phyto-products. MBI (at the printer's), 1981.
Zarkova S. - Morphological and histological changes in testes of rat under the effect of TB-68, Med. Archive, 1976, N 4, 49-53.
Protich M., D. Zvetanov, V. Nalbanski, R.Stanislavov, M.Kazarova - Clinical trial of Tribestan on infertile males, MBI (at the printer's).
Tomova M., V. Gyulemetova, S. Zarkova - Author's certificate N 77584 A 61 K 35/1978.
Berson S.A., R. S. Yalow - Immunoassay of protein hormones, The Hormones, Vol. V, Acad. Press., New York, 1963.
Midgley A.R. - Radioimmunoassay for Human, J. Clin. Endocr., 1967, 27, 295.
Orezyk, Gaylo P., Burton v. Caldwell, Harold H. Behrmaan - Methods of Hormone Radioimmunoassay - Ed. B. Jaffe, H. Berhmaan, A6. Press, NJ, London, 1974, 333-343.
Vescei P. - Glicocorticoids: Cortisol Corticosterone - Methods of Hormone Radioimmunoassay; Ed. B. Jaffe and H. Behrmaan, Ac. Press, NJ, London 393-412.
William R.H. - Textbook of Endocrinology 4th Edit. Saunder, Philadelphia, 1968.
Williams Gordon H., Richard H. Hunderwood - Methods of Hormon Radioimmunoassay; Ed. B. Jaffe and H. Behrmaan, Ac. Press, NJ, London, 1974, 371-390.

Aphrodisiac properties of Tribulus Terrestris extract (Protodioscin) in normal and castrated rats.Gauthaman K, Adaikan PG, Prasad RN.

Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National University Hospital, National University of Singapore, Singapore 119704, Singapore.

Tribulus terrestris (TT) has long been used in the traditional Chinese and Indian systems of medicine for the treatment of various ailments and is popularly claimed to improve sexual functions in man. Sexual behaviour and intracavernous pressure (ICP) were studied in both normal and castrated rats to further understand the role of TT containing protodioscin (PTN) as an aphrodisiac. Adult Sprague-Dawley rats were divided into five groups of 8 each that included distilled water treated (normal and castrated), testosterone treated (normal and castrated, 10 mg/kg body weight, subcutaneously, bi-weekly) and TT treated (castrated, 5 mg/kg body weight, orally once daily). Decreases in body weight, prostate weight and ICP were observed among the castrated groups of rats compared to the intact group. There was an overall reduction in the sexual behaviour parameters in the castrated groups of rats as reflected by decrease in mount and intromission frequencies (MF and IF) and increase in mount, intromission, ejaculation latencies (ML, IL, EL) as well as post-ejaculatory interval (PEI). Compared to the castrated control, treatment of castrated rats (with either testosterone or TT extract) showed increase in prostate weight and ICP that were statistically significant. There was also a mild to moderate improvement of the sexual behaviour parameters as evidenced by increase in MF and IF; decrease in ML, IL and PEI. These results were statistically significant. It is concluded that TT extract appears to possess aphrodisiac activity probably due to androgen increasing property of TT (observed in our earlier study on primates).

The hormonal effects of Tribulus terrestris and its role in the management of male erectile dysfunction - an evaluation using primates, rabbit and rat.

Gauthaman K, Ganesan AP.
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, 119074 Singapore.

Hormonal effects of Tribulus terrestris (TT) were evaluated in primates, rabbit and rat to identify its usefulness in the management of erectile dysfunction (ED). TT extract was administered intravenously, as a bolus dose of 7.5, 15 and 30mg/kg, in primates for acute study. Rabbits and normal rats were treated with 2.5, 5 and 10mg/kg of TT extract orally for 8 weeks, for chronic study. In addition, castrated rats were treated either with testosterone cypionate (10mg/kg, subcutaneously; biweekly for 8 weeks) or TT orally (5mg/kg daily for 8 weeks). Blood samples were analyzed for testosterone (T), dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate (DHEAS) levels using radioimmunoassay. In primates, the increases in T (52%), DHT (31%) and DHEAS (29%) at 7.5mg/kg were statistically significant. In rabbits, both T and DHT were increased compared to control, however, only the increases in DHT (by 30% and 32% at 5 and 10mg/kg) were statistically significant. In castrated rats, increases in T levels by 51% and 25% were observed with T and TT extract respectively that were statistically significant. TT increases some of the sex hormones, possibly due to the presence of protodioscin in the extract. TT may be useful in mild to moderate cases of ED.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Im really tired of reading primary scientific literature from being a pre med major. What is the conclusion of those tests. What is ure suggestion as to a test booster? and why not eat fat post workout? all i eat postworkout is a 50 gram protein shake and then an hour later dinner.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Didnt say it wasnt good for an aphrodisiac. As implicated in your studies. But for the benefit of significantly raising test levels for muscle gain, trib is just pretty much worthless.

Short term impact of Tribulus terrestris intake on doping control analysis of endogenous steroids.Saudan C, Baume N, Emery C, Strahm E, Saugy M.
Swiss Laboratory for Doping Analyses, Institut Universitaire de Médecine Légale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Chemin des Croisettes 22, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland.

Tribulus terrestris is a nutritional supplement highly debated regarding its physiological and actual effects on the organism. The main claimed effect is an increase of testosterone anabolic and androgenic action through the activation of endogenous testosterone production. Even if this biological pathway is not entirely proven, T. terrestris is regularly used by athletes. Recently, the analysis of two female urine samples by GC/C/IRMS (gas chromatography/combustion/isotope-ratio-mass-spectrometry) conclusively revealed the administration of exogenous testosterone or its precursors, even if the testosterone glucuronide/epitestosterone glucuronide (T/E) ratio and steroid marker concentrations were below the cut-off values defined by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). To argue against this adverse analytical finding, the athletes recognized having used T. terrestris in their diet. In order to test this hypothesis, two female volunteers ingested 500mg of T. terrestris, three times a day and for two consecutive days. All spot urines were collected during 48h after the first intake. The (13)C/(12)C ratio of ketosteroids was determined by GC/C/IRMS, the T/E ratio and DHEA concentrations were measured by GC/MS and LH concentrations by radioimmunoassay. None of these parameters revealed a significant variation or increased above the WADA cut-off limits. Hence, the short-term treatment with T. terrestris showed no impact on the endogenous testosterone metabolism of the two subjects.

The effect of five weeks of Tribulus terrestris supplementation on muscle strength and body composition during preseason training in elite rugby league players.Rogerson S, Riches CJ, Jennings C, Weatherby RP, Meir RA, Marshall-Gradisnik SM.
School of Exercise Science and Sport Management, Southern Cross University Lismore, New South Wales, Australia. [email protected]

Tribulus terrestris is an herbal nutritional supplement that is promoted to produce large gains in strength and lean muscle mass in 5-28 days (15, 18). Although some manufacturers claim T. terrestris will not lead to a positive drug test, others have suggested that T. terrestris may increase the urinary testosterone/epitestosterone (T/E) ratio, which may place athletes at risk of a positive drug test. The purpose of the study was to determine the effect of T. terrestris on strength, fat free mass, and the urinary T/E ratio during 5 weeks of preseason training in elite rugby league players. Twenty-two Australian elite male rugby league players (mean +/- SD; age = 19.8 +/- 2.9 years; weight = 88.0 +/- 9.5 kg) were match-paired and randomly assigned in a double-blind manner to either a T. terrestris (n = 11) or placebo (n = 11) group. All subjects performed structured heavy resistance training as part of the club's preseason preparations. A T. terrestris extract (450 mg.d(-1)) or placebo capsules were consumed once daily for 5 weeks. Muscular strength, body composition, and the urinary T/E ratio were monitored prior to and after supplementation. After 5 weeks of training, strength and fat free mass increased significantly without any between-group differences. No between-group differences were noted in the urinary T/E ratio. It was concluded that T. terrestris did not produce the large gains in strength or lean muscle mass that many manufacturers claim can be experienced within 5-28 days. Furthermore, T. terrestris did not alter the urinary T/E ratio and would not place an athlete at risk of testing positive based on the World Anti-Doping Agency's urinary T/E ratio limit of 4:1.

Adams

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Since im 18, i really dont need much help getting wood. What supplement can i help to increase my testosterone and help create muscle? Ive read a lot on IGF-2 and really want to take it, any thoughts on it?

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Didnt say it wasnt good for an aphrodisiac. As implicated in your studies. But for the benefit of significantly raising test levels for muscle gain, trib is just pretty much worthless.

Short term impact of Tribulus terrestris intake on doping control analysis of endogenous steroids.Saudan C, Baume N, Emery C, Strahm E, Saugy M.
Swiss Laboratory for Doping Analyses, Institut Universitaire de Médecine Légale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Chemin des Croisettes 22, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland.

Tribulus terrestris is a nutritional supplement highly debated regarding its physiological and actual effects on the organism. The main claimed effect is an increase of testosterone anabolic and androgenic action through the activation of endogenous testosterone production. Even if this biological pathway is not entirely proven, T. terrestris is regularly used by athletes. Recently, the analysis of two female urine samples by GC/C/IRMS (gas chromatography/combustion/isotope-ratio-mass-spectrometry) conclusively revealed the administration of exogenous testosterone or its precursors, even if the testosterone glucuronide/epitestosterone glucuronide (T/E) ratio and steroid marker concentrations were below the cut-off values defined by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). To argue against this adverse analytical finding, the athletes recognized having used T. terrestris in their diet. In order to test this hypothesis, two female volunteers ingested 500mg of T. terrestris, three times a day and for two consecutive days. All spot urines were collected during 48h after the first intake. The (13)C/(12)C ratio of ketosteroids was determined by GC/C/IRMS, the T/E ratio and DHEA concentrations were measured by GC/MS and LH concentrations by radioimmunoassay. None of these parameters revealed a significant variation or increased above the WADA cut-off limits. Hence, the short-term treatment with T. terrestris showed no impact on the endogenous testosterone metabolism of the two subjects.

The effect of five weeks of Tribulus terrestris supplementation on muscle strength and body composition during preseason training in elite rugby league players.Rogerson S, Riches CJ, Jennings C, Weatherby RP, Meir RA, Marshall-Gradisnik SM.
School of Exercise Science and Sport Management, Southern Cross University Lismore, New South Wales, Australia. [email protected]

Tribulus terrestris is an herbal nutritional supplement that is promoted to produce large gains in strength and lean muscle mass in 5-28 days (15, 18). Although some manufacturers claim T. terrestris will not lead to a positive drug test, others have suggested that T. terrestris may increase the urinary testosterone/epitestosterone (T/E) ratio, which may place athletes at risk of a positive drug test. The purpose of the study was to determine the effect of T. terrestris on strength, fat free mass, and the urinary T/E ratio during 5 weeks of preseason training in elite rugby league players. Twenty-two Australian elite male rugby league players (mean +/- superdrol; age = 19.8 +/- 2.9 years; weight = 88.0 +/- 9.5 kg) were match-paired and randomly assigned in a double-blind manner to either a T. terrestris (n = 11) or placebo (n = 11) group. All subjects performed structured heavy resistance training as part of the club's preseason preparations. A T. terrestris extract (450 mg.d(-1)) or placebo capsules were consumed once daily for 5 weeks. Muscular strength, body composition, and the urinary T/E ratio were monitored prior to and after supplementation. After 5 weeks of training, strength and fat free mass increased significantly without any between-group differences. No between-group differences were noted in the urinary T/E ratio. It was concluded that T. terrestris did not produce the large gains in strength or lean muscle mass that many manufacturers claim can be experienced within 5-28 days. Furthermore, T. terrestris did not alter the urinary T/E ratio and would not place an athlete at risk of testing positive based on the World Anti-Doping Agency's urinary T/E ratio limit of 4:1.

Adams

AGAIN, PROTODIOSCIN! LOL, these are NOT TESTS USING STANDARDIZED EXTRACTS!

Aphrodisiac properties of Tribulus Terrestris extract (Protodioscin) in normal and castrated rats.Gauthaman K, Adaikan PG, Prasad RN.

Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National University Hospital, National University of Singapore, Singapore 119704, Singapore.

Tribulus terrestris (TT) has long been used in the traditional Chinese and Indian systems of medicine for the treatment of various ailments and is popularly claimed to improve sexual functions in man. Sexual behaviour and intracavernous pressure (ICP) were studied in both normal and castrated rats to further understand the role of TT containing protodioscin (PTN) as an aphrodisiac. Adult Sprague-Dawley rats were divided into five groups of 8 each that included distilled water treated (normal and castrated), testosterone treated (normal and castrated, 10 mg/kg body weight, subcutaneously, bi-weekly) and TT treated (castrated, 5 mg/kg body weight, orally once daily). Decreases in body weight, prostate weight and ICP were observed among the castrated groups of rats compared to the intact group. There was an overall reduction in the sexual behaviour parameters in the castrated groups of rats as reflected by decrease in mount and intromission frequencies (MF and IF) and increase in mount, intromission, ejaculation latencies (ML, IL, EL) as well as post-ejaculatory interval (PEI). Compared to the castrated control, treatment of castrated rats (with either testosterone or TT extract) showed increase in prostate weight and ICP that were statistically significant. There was also a mild to moderate improvement of the sexual behaviour parameters as evidenced by increase in MF and IF; decrease in ML, IL and PEI. These results were statistically significant. It is concluded that TT extract appears to possess aphrodisiac activity probably due to androgen increasing property of TT (observed in our earlier study on primates).

The hormonal effects of Tribulus terrestris and its role in the management of male erectile dysfunction - an evaluation using primates, rabbit and rat.

Gauthaman K, Ganesan AP.
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, 119074 Singapore.

Hormonal effects of Tribulus terrestris (TT) were evaluated in primates, rabbit and rat to identify its usefulness in the management of erectile dysfunction (ED). TT extract was administered intravenously, as a bolus dose of 7.5, 15 and 30mg/kg, in primates for acute study. Rabbits and normal rats were treated with 2.5, 5 and 10mg/kg of TT extract orally for 8 weeks, for chronic study. In addition, castrated rats were treated either with testosterone cypionate (10mg/kg, subcutaneously; biweekly for 8 weeks) or TT orally (5mg/kg daily for 8 weeks). Blood samples were analyzed for testosterone (T), dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate (DHEAS) levels using radioimmunoassay. In primates, the increases in T (52%), DHT (31%) and DHEAS (29%) at 7.5mg/kg were statistically significant. In rabbits, both T and DHT were increased compared to control, however, only the increases in DHT (by 30% and 32% at 5 and 10mg/kg) were statistically significant. In castrated rats, increases in T levels by 51% and 25% were observed with T and TT extract respectively that were statistically significant. TT increases some of the sex hormones, possibly due to the presence of protodioscin in the extract. TT may be useful in mild to moderate cases of ED.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AGAIN, PROTODIOSCIN! LOL, these are NOT TESTS USING STANDARDIZED EXTRACTS!

Gauthaman K, Ganesan AP.

I must highlight your reasoning here. First you are banking your argument on words such as POSSBILY, and PROBABLY.

The first study is irrelevant. It doesn't specify raised test levels, it just says the aphrodisiac properties are probably due to the increase in androgen levels.

Next I must also point out that your study that shows an increase is done on primates, and rabbits. The studies I presented shows it was done on humans.

Your studies DO NOT use said extract. Instead they use Trib. and continue on to say the results were POSSBILY due to the presence of Proto.

Adams

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Since im 18, i really dont need much help getting wood. What supplement can i help to increase my testosterone and help create muscle? Ive read a lot on IGF-2 and really want to take it, any thoughts on it?
Pav,

Didn't you ask the same at BB.com? lol.

I'm just messin with you man..... IGF-2 is a great product, and often overlooked. Me knowing it is safe and effective would make me say yes, it's a go.... but as everyone else is saying, it may not benefit you as well as focusing that same money elsewhere. If I were you, I'd pick up AN Neovar and Beverly Ultra 40's.

Also, what kind of protein powder are you using?

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I must highlight your reasoning here. First you are banking your argument on words such as POSSBILY, and PROBABLY.

The first study is irrelevant. It doesn't specify raised test levels, it just says the aphrodisiac properties are probably due to the increase in androgen levels.

Next I must also point out that your study that shows an increase is done on primates, and rabbits. The studies I presented shows it was done on humans.

Your studies DO NOT use said extract. Instead they use Trib. and continue on to say the results were POSSBILY due to the presence of Proto.

Adams
The studies demonstrating an increase in testosterone in animals administered Tribulus INTRAVENOUSLY! :)

Secondly, I posted HMAN STUDIES the first time, please go back and read.

Tribulus was FIRST investigated as a potential aphrodisiac, then the mechanism of ACTION was sought, and Protodioscin is the active steroidal sapogenin responsible for increased LH secretion and a subsequent increased total testosterone level.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Alright, well honestly, I think taking 3TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil at night time can boost T-levels. I was angry and flipping out over the dumbest crap the next day.

3 TBSP = 30 grams of Monounsaturated fats and 6 of polyunsaturated. I keep reading that those are the healthy fats that help unleash test. Am I correct on that statement? I dont know, but I think it works.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Let's not turn this into a Tribuklus debate guys, out of respect for the OP.

However, it would be nothing short of quality entertainment for that to be started as a separate thread...... I already know the contestants in the battle. LOL

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Oh and DAdams...I did not say it didn't decline, I simply said that they don't decline THAT MUCH. I was simply saying its stupid that people think test boosting supplements wont help a 21 yr old or under cause their levels are high to begin with.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Oh and DAdams...I did not say it didn't decline, I simply said that they don't decline THAT MUCH. I was simply saying its stupid that people think test boosting supplements wont help a 21 yr old or under cause their levels are high to begin with.
How old are you?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The studies demonstrating an increase in testosterone in animals administered Tribulus INTRAVENOUSLY! :)

Secondly, I posted HMAN STUDIES the first time, please go back and read.

Tribulus was FIRST investigated as a potential aphrodisiac, then the mechanism of ACTION was sought, and Protodioscin is the active steroidal sapogenin responsible for increased LH secretion and a subsequent increased total testosterone level.
I still see no study that shows anything but lypholized TT administered.

And the first study... where is the control group. It mentioned 8 females and 8 males. All given the regimine. It did not have a control group for comparison, or I missed it.

Adams

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is very true my friend. :)

I instructed 3 young men 18-21 to have their testosterone level checked, before I proceeded to have them take AndroGenerator. These are my younger brothers friends.

One guy had a level of around 9,000 ng/dl, one guy was about 1,000 ng dl, and one guy was only 600 ng/dl. After taking AndroGenerator two young men had passed 1600 ng/dl and the one that began at 600 ng/dl rose to almost 1,000ng dl.

So actually, the guys who had higher testosterone levels to BEGIN with benefitted even more.

Anyone over 18 should MAXIMIZE their natural testosteron levels.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
and why not eat fat post workout? all i eat postworkout is a 50 gram protein shake and then an hour later dinner.
Fat will slow the digestion of the Whey you take postworkout. You dont want to slow it down you want to speed it up. So skip the fat (although healthy) at your postworkout meal and save it for the first meal after the post workout meal.

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I still see no study that shows anything but lypholized TT administered.

And the first study... where is the control group. It mentioned 8 females and 8 males. All given the regimine. It did not have a control group for comparison, or I missed it.

Adams

Gauthaman K, Ganesan AP.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry, my initial insinuation wasnt that it wouldnt help him. Raising test will build muscle. Simple as that. Just like injecting test, higher test levels = more muscle.

My initial reasoning was this, your body is changing at 18, growth plates arent quite closed yet. Stimulating an increase in testosterone will initiate a larger turn over to estrogen, in turn closes your growth plates prematurely.

That is the extreme, but possible none the less.

Adams

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright, well honestly, I think taking 3TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil at night time can boost T-levels. I was angry and flipping out over the dumbest crap the next day.

3 TBSP = 30 grams of Monounsaturated fats and 6 of polyunsaturated. I keep reading that those are the healthy fats that help unleash test. Am I correct on that statement? I dont know, but I think it works.
Basically yes. your body uses saturated fats to create cholesterol, which it uses to create prenenelone, which it uses to create dhea, which it uses to create testostosterone. So a higher in healthy saturated fats diet can raise overall hormone levels.

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fat will slow the digestion of the Whey you take postworkout. You dont want to slow it down you want to speed it up. So skip the fat (although healthy) at your postworkout meal and save it for the first meal after the post workout meal.
Great post my friend!:thumbsup:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Gauthaman K, Ganesan AP.

Okay... I am done. First we are polluting a thread.... next every time I refute one of your studies, you post another. And seeing as I have already negated that one, I see no need in continuing this useless circle.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Basically yes. your body uses saturated fats to create cholesterol, which it uses to create prenenelone, which it uses to create dhea, which it uses to create testostosterone. So a higher in healthy saturated fats diet can raise overall hormone levels.
BINGO.

This is why a high saturated fat diet is actually benefitial during PCT.

I personally like coconut oil.

Adams

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry, my initial insinuation wasnt that it wouldnt help him. Raising test will build muscle. Simple as that. Just like injecting test, higher test levels = more muscle.

My initial reasoning was this, your body is changing at 18, growth plates arent quite closed yet. Stimulating an increase in testosterone will initiate a larger turn over to estrogen, in turn closes your growth plates prematurely.

That is the extreme, but possible none the less.

Adams
Then there should be a correlation between HEIGHT and TESTOSTERONE; technically, according to your reasoining, teenagers such as athletes with higher than average testosterone levels would also subsequently have higher ESTROGEN levels and thus, they should be SHORTER. This is simply not the case.

There are many variables that determine estrogen levels in men.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then there should be a correlation between HEIGHT and TESTOSTERONE; technically, according to your reasoining, teenagers such as athletes with higher than average testosterone levels would also subsequently have higher ESTORGEN levels and thus, they should be SHORTER. This is simply not the case.

There are many variables that determine estrogen levels in men.
WRONG.

I didnt base my statement on the idea that every person is the same. EVERYONE has a different test level, and conversion to estrogen. Thus a different homeostasis level.

My reasoning didnt cookie cut everyone the same.

Adams

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
that must explain my "roidrage"

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Arite so all arguing aside what supplement should i take to boost my test? is there one without so much controversy? Has anyone taken IGF-2 and can post results?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
LOL..... do you sell desperation as well? What extract %?

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Arite so all arguing aside what supplement should i take to boost my test? is there one without so much controversy? Has anyone taken IGF-2 and can post results?
lol seriosuly. I know that Adams and the rep for SSE sure dont need test boosters. Da**

try drinking 32oz of Milk with 4 TSBP of EVOO. See how you feel the next day.:smite:

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
That is very HIGH quality desperation extract. Niiiiiiiiiice. lol

No offense man.... just tryin to get you to save yourself........

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Who else wants a FREE BOTTLE!? You guys think I am playing!? Once a user, you will be a BELEIVER!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Wow............... speechless. Laughing, but speechless.

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That is very HIGH quality desperation extract. Niiiiiiiiiice. lol

No offense man.... just tryin to get you to save yourself........
? what?
We have 3 different extracts, which extract?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EVERYONE LOOK AT MY E-****.

8==================================================D

ITS HUGE!!! :D :D :D :D

Adams

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I'm just gonna stop here man............. best of luck to you.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
EVERYONE LOOK AT MY E-****.

8==================================================D

ITS HUGE!!! :D :D :D :D

Adams
the squiggly line to the left of the 1 key will allow you to shoot with your E-^%$&. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
its either that or the anger you get from the way you have to run to the bathroom with all that oil in you :D
Actually, I didnt have any problems in that area.

I may have been really mad though becuase I had a protein shake open up in my bookbag at school...

hm..

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that really has me thinking though, I wonder about purposefully loading it that way - say 2 or 3 tbsp of room temp coconut oil added to a casein shake with blender, with the casein also being at least warm enough to keep the coconut oil from solidifying. that would slow the protein down even more, and give your body that substrate of maximal saturated fats thru the nite

Status
Not open for further replies.