Liver tabs: What's your take?

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Do you find them effective. oh and I read an article stating that liver tabs are like creatine except the more you take the more water retention occurs. Has anyone experienced this so called water retention?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I didn't notice water retention at all.

I used Beverly Ultra 40's for a long time...... felt much better overall while on them, and the timeframe I used them (along with Beverly Mass) I was the strongest I have been. I injured my shoulder shortly thereafter and have been working my way back since.
Just popped a new bottle open a few days ago to start back. They are a good addition to anyone's regimen.

Oh, I didn't notice any water retention. Maybe it's a side effect of cheaper grade liver tabs?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I use them heavily. I usually pop 2 or so every hour. It is easier for me because I just keep a pocket full with me and take them throughout the day.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
used to take them back in the day when it was the popular thing to do and never noticed any water retention either. what evidence are they using to back this up and what brand are you using?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I use them heavily. I usually pop 2 or so every hour. It is easier for me because I just keep a pocket full with me and take them throughout the day.
Do you have problems with your liver?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Cant be assed. Seems like popping liver pills every two hours is a little excessive..........son.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Cant be assed. Seems like popping liver pills every two hours is a little excessive..........son.
Liver tabs=dessicated liver. It is like eating meat.

It has nothing to do with 'liver support' or whatever.

Dessicated liver has amino acid and vitamin content.

I take it every hour at an attempt for graduAL nutrition repartitioning.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've always been interested in Universal's liver tabs, but wasn't sure if their brand was sufficient enough or if there was/is something better out there.

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
the liver is overrated....

j/k but i take beverlys

damnglass

Awards
Liver tabs=dessicated liver. It is like eating meat.

It has nothing to do with 'liver support' or whatever.

Dessicated liver has amino acid and vitamin content.

I take it every hour at an attempt for graduAL nutrition repartitioning.
no wonder you dont take amino acids:)im a stickler for ignoring protein so i drink 60-70 grams of amino acids,then a protein shaked and my 10 liver pills.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Remind me to never ask you for a tic tac.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
The Universal ones are inferior compared to Beverly. That's fact, not opinion.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
HAHA who in god's name keeps their pockets full of liver tabs? Thats ****ing hilarious.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Probably the same guy who puts up 3700 posts in a 9 month time span.

KRNMuscle

KRNMuscle

Awards
I take Universal's Uni-Liver. I love it, its a good staple supplement.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I used to take a bunch of Uni-Livers daily, but then someone on bb dot com was saying there is something moderately toxic within cheap liver tabs. (I got no idea what he was referring to as toxic about them, but it was one of these self proclaimed gurus with 1 million rep points, just cant remember which one of them, lol)

If I do buy liver tabs again it will certainly be Beverly as their protein and multis blow all others out of the water

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
I'll second Beverly's being better. Check the ingredients...the Uni ones have fillers.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
The universal ones have whey laced into them. This is the biggest thing where Beverly's do not and are pure liver.

I take around 20 liver tablets a day if not more. I don't use amino acids or whey (since I'm lactose intolerant).

Hey robdog, go shoot yourself. :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
i used to take the universal ones. theyre good and cheap.

bev might be higher quality but its mad expensive. for that money id rather get some tastey strawberry kiwi protein instead of big brown bogus pillz

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to take a bunch of Uni-Livers daily, but then someone on bb dot com was saying there is something moderately toxic within cheap liver tabs. (I got no idea what he was referring to as toxic about them, but it was one of these self proclaimed gurus with 1 million rep points, just cant remember which one of them, lol)...
He probably referred to the possibility of iron overdose, if supplemental iron is taken along with dessicated liver tabs. But this risk would related to all dessicated liver tabs, all else being equal, not just the cheap ones, as dessicated liver tabs contain a lot of natural iron. The natural iron in those tabs is hardly toxic. The addition of synthetic iron to that protocol might trigger iron toxicity, though.
In terms of quality, the best dessicated liver tabs are said to come from grass-fed Argentine bovine sources.

RoidGracie

In terms of quality, the best dessicated liver tabs are said to come from grass-fed Argentine bovine sources.
This comes directly from Argentine cow farmers.
Just kidding, I was using Beverly's a while back. I think it's a great way to boost your daily protein intake. I think I was only taking 6x2 ED (12 total). I believe there were 500 in a bottle??

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
This comes directly from Argentine cow farmers.
Just kidding, I was using Beverly's a while back. I think it's a great way to boost your daily protein intake. I think I was only taking 6x2 ED (12 total). I believe there were 500 in a bottle??
yep 500 per container

RoidGracie

Truth be told, I kinda wish I stayed with the liver tabs, protein powder, and multi-vitamin and did not re-discover these new "pro-hormones" again. I was making good changes with that and Steve Reeve's training. I hope to reach my re-comp goals within a year or two at the most and then be done with these things once and for all.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
He probably referred to the possibility of iron overdose, if supplemental iron is taken along with dessicated liver tabs. But this risk would related to all dessicated liver tabs, all else being equal, not just the cheap ones, as dessicated liver tabs contain a lot of natural iron. The natural iron in those tabs is hardly toxic. The addition of synthetic iron to that protocol might trigger iron toxicity, though.
thanks, how many liver tabs a day would be considered too many due to the high iron content (Ive got iron-free multis).

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
thanks, how many liver tabs a day would be considered too many due to the high iron content (Ive got iron-free multis).

Well currently I doing 5 or so with most meals...which equates to 25 total daily... This is about the highest they recommend although during precomp im gonna hit up 30 a day...

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Must they be dosed that high for results? Interested in the health promoting properties of the tabs, rather than the additional protein content.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The key is supplemental iron. If you are taking iron-free multivitamins, then you should not worry about the natural iron in your liver tabs.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Must they be dosed that high for results? Interested in the health promoting properties of the tabs, rather than the additional protein content.
No, but theres 500 tabs in a container soo......dose however you like....and just to let you know im def not the only one dosing liver as I do! Anyhow, dose how ever you'd like..Its def a great staple supp to add!!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
No, but theres 500 tabs in a container soo......dose however you like....and just to let you know im def not the only one dosing liver as I do! Anyhow, dose how ever you'd like..Its def a great staple supp to add!!

With them being so cheap, I usually buy 2 jars of Uni-Liver. I haven't tried the Beverly ones yet. I need to get around to that sometime.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
With them being so cheap, I usually buy 2 jars of Uni-Liver. I haven't tried the Beverly ones yet. I need to get around to that sometime.
Look into the amino profiles on them vs the size and cost. It's been a few years back.... but I checked and Beverly actually came out cheaper for what you got.

RoidGracie

I believe the Beverly are a tad bit smaller, I used both Beverly and Uni Liver. I read something a while back with Vince Gironda and touting the liver tabs and how that alone added like 1/2 inch to someone's arms, etc...I liked them, but I haven't used them in over 2 years now. Maybe after I come off this H-Drol run I'll go back to the Beverly Liver Tabs for a couple months. At least I'll feel like I'm still popping something.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I believe the Beverly are a tad bit smaller, I used both Beverly and Uni Liver. I read something a while back with Vince Gironda and touting the liver tabs and how that alone added like 1/2 inch to someone's arms, etc...I liked them, but I haven't used them in over 2 years now. Maybe after I come off this H-Drol run I'll go back to the Beverly Liver Tabs for a couple months. At least I'll feel like I'm still popping something.
If you did PCT the right way you wouldn't feel that way...:toofunny:

RoidGracie

You're off base. I mean just being natural. My PCT is wonderful. My point was, I don't need prohormones, or juice, I'm that good.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I love liver tabs - I can certainly notice a difference in endurance and energy when Im not taking them.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
i have been taking 20 to 30 a day more depinding how hard i worked out,
liver tabs are great, uin is the best 500 for 11$
how many i take after a hard days lifting is propotional to how sore i am the next day

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I have noticed increased recovery from taking them.