Nitrix?

freeze

Awards
Anyone heard of this stuff? A couple of my buddies just started taking it and it sounds a little fishy to me. Just wondering if anyone has tried it or if they know anything about it.

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
Its an NO enhancer similar to N02 some people love em, personally I think they are trash

Ibench800

Awards
I work at a Vitamin Shoppe. These things are very popular. I see people buy Nitrix and NoX2 all the time. Expensive as all hell too. Everyone says they read ads in bodybuilding magazines (go figure) and these are supposed to be awesome. Even the buck seventy employees buy them. IMO they seem like expensive garbage. Why waste money on supps like these? I'll stick to 10LB bags of protein and transdermals made by BDC.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
hey all,

i know this thread is a bit old but it's all i found on a search of "nitrix"

i actually did some research on tribulus & libido enhancement (not bodybuilding purposes) and found this.
i've heard & read more good than bad things so i decided to try it anyway & ordererd some nitrix & musclejack from bb.com

if you're interested i'll let you know my results in a month or so. i should be getting it any day now.

as a side note i've been using a trib product by Red Bull and getting pretty good results in the libido dept.
i actually feel a bit harder to..................everywhere!!

i've tried tribulus supps before and been very disappointed considering how expensive they are.

Jag

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
We can't keep it on the shelf at the store I work at. People say they are getting pretty good pumps on it but I haven't tried it yet, so I can't really give you a first hand account of it.

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
I just got some NP2 for free. Im leary of it, but hell it was free. To early to tell.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
We can't keep it on the shelf at the store I work at. People say they are getting pretty good pumps on it but I haven't tried it yet, so I can't really give you a first hand account of it.
VG, why?

Jag

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
I think if one is going to take an NO product, I would go with Blackstarlabs Mega Potency Nitric Tabs.  But it is by far the cheapest, 100 Tabs for $29, and it includes a buffering agent for maximum absorbtion. Im going to try NP2 since it was free for two weeks, take two weeks off, and try BSL's for two weeks to compare.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Initially I thought the NO2 was b.s.. I talked to a few people that tried it. It was too expensive and didn't work all that well. When I started working for the store I noticed that the vitrix wouldn't stay on the self very long. The people who are buying it say they are getting some pretty decent pumps while taking it. Usually if something sells like that it probably works. The same thing is happening with the Methyl-1 test. You can probably find it for about 40.00. It might end up being a creatine alternative. I will probably give it a try soon.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
finished the bottle of Nitrix with no noticable results.

i'm on my 2nd day of Musclejack and urine has turned a deep yellow color. don't know what ingredient in it would make that happen!!

trained legs & got a great pump this morning. bit early to give it a thumbs up though.

Jag

SuPPLementJuNkY

Banned
Awards
no2 i ok if u want to get some vascularity, energy and some increase in strength

u will notice it but the bads are u drink allot of water a gall. a day, u need to take it 30-45 min before u eat and it is pretty expensive

i personally like to take it but on the other hand i dont care about how much it cost

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
The same thing is happening with the Methyl-1 test. You can probably find it for about 40.00. It might end up being a creatine alternative. I will probably give it a try soon.
:blink:

And by the way this thread is old as ****

mindgames

Awards
I think it's garbage.

Here is one opinion:

Consumer Alert: The NO2/Arginine Scam
by David Barr

Summary

• Arginine blood flow stimulators ("nitric-oxide" or "NO2" supplements) have been shown to increase vasodilation, but only in unfed people receiving enormous doses through an IV.

• Oral arginine supplementation doesn't affect blood flow.

• A dose as low as 10 grams has been associated with gastric upset when consumed orally. This dose has no significant effect on glycogen storage, even if it didn't cause diarrhea.

• Time release arginine is supposed to lead to a "perpetual pump" effect. New studies have shown this not to be the case.

• NO2 was shown to have no effect compared to a placebo on body composition or muscle strength.

• It's not possible for us to consume high enough levels of arginine to effectively increase nitric oxide levels.

• Copycat NO2 products are no better than the original supplement. In fact, those that contain glycocyamine should be avoided because of potential health concerns.

If you think these products work for you, then you'd better look into the placebo effect.
• Arginine might temporarily elevate growth hormone levels, but only if you're able to take unrealistic doses. There's little evidence to support that this short term increase in GH would do anything for your physique anyway.

• In one study, arginine aspartate was shown to increase prolactin by an average of 75%. Prolactin is associated with decreased Testosterone levels.

• Five grams of arginine consumed during resistance exercise was shown to decrease normal exercise-induced GH output.

• The positive benefits of oral arginine supplementation can only be achieved through doses higher than the human body can handle. And most (but not all) of this effect is mediated by insulin. So if you want to have blood flow increases equivalent to a huge IV arginine infusion, just manipulate insulin through other means

Link to the full article:
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=556124

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah and Biotest told us that MethoxyFlavone was going to rip anybody up at doses of 200mgs!!! Please, i have used No2 and pissed my my $65 down the drain, but got free samples of the PumpTech, and smashed weights, and when it was broke as hell I used Larginine at 8 grams a day 4 pre 4 post and had amazing pumps. Not to mention the Pumps i get from Noxplode, and you mean to tell me the hundreds of customers who I have sold Noxplode have a plecebo effect, who repeatedly buy from me at Vitamin World are mistaken. I def believe some things don't work for some people, but Tnation is bashing Cissus, when the damn FDA and the pharma companies were making a stink and how good it works, plus anecdotal evidence on this board shows how it works. Anyway this thread is old as ****, but to see another tnation quote bashing I get a lil heated, considering Biotest used to be hardcore...

mindgames

Awards
Yeah and Biotest told us that MethoxyFlavone was going to rip anybody up at doses of 200mgs!!! Please, i have used No2 and pissed my my $65 down the drain, but got free samples of the PumpTech, and smashed weights, and when it was broke as hell I used Larginine at 8 grams a day 4 pre 4 post and had amazing pumps. Not to mention the Pumps i get from Noxplode, and you mean to tell me the hundreds of customers who I have sold Noxplode have a plecebo effect, who repeatedly buy from me at Vitamin World are mistaken. I def believe some things don't work for some people, but Tnation is bashing Cissus, when the damn FDA and the pharma companies were making a stink and how good it works, plus anecdotal evidence on this board shows how it works. Anyway this thread is old as ****, but to see another tnation quote bashing I get a lil heated, considering Biotest used to be hardcore...
Biotest weren't the only company on the methoxy train...

And for every person who says they get a response from NO products there is someone who says it's crap.

To be honest, I don't know what you are talking about when referring to Cissus, pharma companies, biotest disputes etc., maybe because I'm in Australia so I haven't a clue about what sounds like a political shitfight.

Irregardless, with all due respect to you there IS some evidence against arginine products. Your commentary proffers no evidence other than anecdotes to the contrary.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thas cool, as I have heard some people say i did not work, but when I was referring to you, I was meaning in reference to the Biotest article. And yes Cissus was caught in the political shitfit if you will, In the States because of its effectiveness, one our own board sponsers has had their shipments held of cissus, as well as been bashed by Tnation, for its supposed non results. Its cool though I am and still pissed at Biotest(Tnation i mean), who used to be a hardcore, accepting community, who is now as reputable as Legal Gear, and Bodybuilding.com. (they still do have a kick ass archive, Ill give them that.)

patbc33

Awards
This is random, but first sleep after taking Nitrix, my friend witnessed me trying to pee in the trashcan and then I changed I guess (dont remember sleep walking) and went back to bed, Should I prob not take it?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've heard views from each side of the fence. I've heard that Nitrix really does what it claims and that it's an amazing product, but I've also heard that it's overhyped and complete garbage.

I'd probably at least give it a shot. What worsk for you and I, may not work for everybody else.

patbc33

Awards
How long does it ussually take too see effects of Nitrix? and how many capsules should I take daily if I am 160 pounds?

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Opt for Nos Precursor by Get Diesel, its a superior NO tablet product, is cheaper, and BSN is in trouble for their products not meeting label claims.

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I took BSN's Nitrix for about 3 months and had amazing pumps every workout.Some times almost painfull! It took it about 2.5 weeks to fully kick in for me. At around 170lbs (about 2 years ago) I took 3 pills 3 times ED between meals. However I experienced no real weight gain that I attributed to the Nitrix. And the pumps def did NOT!! last all day. Maybe, Maybe an hour or so longer after workouts than usual that's all. Over Hyped? YES! Effective? Some what (but only temporarily) Would I spend 100bucks to try it again? F*CK NO!!

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
nitrix needs to be taken with noexplode to work properly

nelix

Awards
  • Established
nitrix needs to be taken with noexplode to work properly
For the best effect you need to apply glitter paint to your body, glitter paint nitrix have awesome synergism.

pdigs

people dont realize that for vaso products to even work that u have to have a low bodyfat percentage(to actually see the pumps and veins) otherwise u wont see nothing ...thats why some people say theyre trash and some say they work great

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vetofunk Company Promotions 0
eddieSt.james Supplements 6
ohiostate2827 Supplements 12
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
Nis1 Supplements 9