Muscle Milk: Not as good as I hoped

DGSky

DGSky

Awards
Well I gave Muscle Milk a try. I got the Dark Chocolate and Banana Cream. I've only tried the banana three times so far but since it was so sweet I have not tried it again since. I also get a slight headache from the sweetness. Would mixing with milk help?

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
if not for all thte sugar I would live off the stuff

Eagleman003

Awards
if you bought muscle milk for the taste you mine as well of went to the dinner down the block and ordered chunky monkey milk shake with a straw. Muscle milk is a WASTE of money. All it is, is protein and some extra fat and carbs. Its better to make your own weight gainer if your trying to gain weight OR if your trying to cut just buy regular 100% whey protein by optimum nutrition. Its a LOT cheaper and economical way to gain muscle, strength and size. sorry cytosport ;)

sweetdaddy

Awards
muscle milk is very low-carb (12g per serving). it's high in fat but that isn't a bad thing for everyone. it depends on you goals. if, for example, your goal is to build muscle, you won't mind the fat.
Dark chocolate flavor was disappointing to me as well. i could live on the chocolate malt and root beer flavors though. Jesus they're delicious.:food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food:

DGSky

DGSky

Awards
Yeah, I was doing better simply using chocolate ON whey, tablespoon of natty p-nut butter and a tablespoon of Dale Alexander fish oil.

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haven't tried the dark chocolate, but the banana flavor tastes like a combo of sugar and @ss clalk!!!! The peach mango is the sh!t though, so is the blueberries and cream!!!

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
send it to me and I will dispose of it properly. or mix one scoop of it with another brand of whey and/or casein...tastes different and less fat

DGSky

DGSky

Awards
Haven't tried the dark chocolate, but the banana flavor tastes like a combo of sugar and @ss clalk!!!! The peach mango is the sh!t though, so is the blueberries and cream!!!
That's it!! Sugar and ass chalk. Ass chalk?????:lol:

jix77

Awards
just buy regular 100% whey protein by optimum nutrition. Its a LOT cheaper and economical way to gain muscle, strength and size. sorry cytosport ;)
Oh really? At NP 2.5lbs of MM is 19.99 and 2lbs of ON Whey is 23.95... I like the chocolate milk and rocky road. Cookies n Cream and the chocolate caramel aren't bad either. Also, they're all much better with milk than with water IMO.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I gave Muscle Milk a try. I got the Dark Chocolate and Banana Cream. I've only tried the banana three times so far but since it was so sweet I have not tried it again since. I also get a slight headache from the sweetness. Would mixing with milk help?
Try half milk and half cold water.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
WTF are you people talking about? Muscle Milk is THE best tasting protein powder on the market. Period.

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
WTF are you people talking about? Muscle Milk is THE best tasting protein powder on the market. Period.
Yeah, you guys are giving me a craving just talking about the stuff.

Muscle milk with some milk tastes just like a smoothie. The blueberries and cream sounds delicious, I think I'm gonna buy some tonight.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
yeah I don't know either.. if they could make whey/isolate taste that good I wouldn't ever switch proteins again..

the only deterrent is the high cals, which is a red flag to some people but god dammit -- its delicious

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nobody has anything that touches the muscle milk light chocolate peanut butter. But its $20 for a 1.5lb that gets you 15 servings. I have bought an awful lot of those damn $20 jugs too. I've tried a few other flavors, but the chocolate peanut butter just compltely kills. I actually like All The Whey's regular chocolate better than the muscle milk.

Thats the other problem above comparing muscle milk regular to other proteins

2.5lbs of MM is 19.99 and 2lbs of ON Whey is 23.95
Sure but that 2.5lbs of MM gets 16 the servings out of it as 32g/protein for a total of 512g protein, the ON whey does 30 24g servings for a total of 720g of protein. So even at 10% more cost, the ON still gets you more protein/$ than muscle milk.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
muscle milk is very low-carb (12g per serving). it's high in fat but that isn't a bad thing for everyone. it depends on you goals. if, for example, your goal is to build muscle, you won't mind the fat.
Dark chocolate flavor was disappointing to me as well. i could live on the chocolate malt and root beer flavors though. Jesus they're delicious.:food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food:
12 carbs is not my definition of "very low carb" considering I only eat 30 carbs a day.

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you guys are giving me a craving just talking about the stuff.

Muscle milk with some milk tastes just like a smoothie. The blueberries and cream sounds delicious, I think I'm gonna buy some tonight.
You should dude. I've tried most of the flavours and I'm tellin you that or peach-mango (I know it sounds gay) with milk or vanilla ice-cream.......forget about it.:food:

Thomas Tank

Thomas Tank

Awards
I must beg to differ, Cookies and Cream muscle milk has made my eyes water with joy when drinking it. Maybe our proteins shouldnt taste like milk shakes made from heaven, but hey i wouldnt go back to the chug-a-thon i had to do to force other proteins down, i say drink up and savor the flavor.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the chocolate caramel i'm almost afraid to try, its bound to be good

Thomas Tank

Thomas Tank

Awards
Ohhh i have tried it and it was as wonderful as you would hope . The taste purrs in your mouth, see that! it makes me poetic, thats how good, and cytogainer chocolate malt...i want to work out just so i can drink it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love the C&C and the chocolate mint MM. The chocolate mint mixed in with sugar-free chocolate pudding is an easy way to satisfy a sweet-tooth on a cut.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Horchata is good too.

Egg nog around Xmas is a DAMN good egg nog replacement. It's so close - it's scary.

Blueberries rocks.

Only one I didn't think was awesome was orange creme - not too much on the flavor like the others.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
12 carbs is not my definition of "very low carb" considering I only eat 30 carbs a day.

Pfft, you dont count. If I wanted to look like my sister, id eat 30 grams per day too.

:p hehe

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
I was making my MM Cookies&Cream Colligiate with whole milk(I need the cals at work) and it was WONDERFUL. Then I tried it mixed with water one day, and it was undrinkable. (Granted, I DID drink it, but I didn't enjoy it. And it wasn't like,"Hmmm, this really isn't very good made with water.." it was more of a,"Okay, this **** is nasty made with water."

I almost think that that is where the pretty strong difference of opinion comes from on MM's taste. I think the people who think that it's aweful have never tried making it with milk.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
I get free bottles of muscle milk from my work. mmmmmmmmmmm free muscle milk :food: im drinking some right now

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ohhh i have tried it and it was as wonderful as you would hope . The taste purrs in your mouth, see that! it makes me poetic, thats how good, and cytogainer chocolate malt...i want to work out just so i can drink it.
HAha, ha, That has to be the gayest thing I have ever fcuking heard in my life. Purrs in your mouth?? Dude you need help lol.........

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
truer words were never spoken.
I disagree.:duel: The RTD taste better to me. I've samples nearly all of them also. Root Beer float, Mochao Joe, Vanilla Cream, Banannas, and the best...Chocolate Mint. I'm known around work for chocolate mint rtd with a straw in it.:food:

Eagleman003

Awards
whoever said they eat 30 carbs a day must be the littlest or fattest mofo on the planet.. eating 30 carbs a day everyday is retarted

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I disagree.:duel: The RTD taste better to me. I've samples nearly all of them also. Root Beer float, Mochao Joe, Vanilla Cream, Banannas, and the best...Chocolate Mint. I'm known around work for chocolate mint rtd with a straw in it.:food:
hmmm...you are talking like flavor is subjective or something :lol:

i've had the RTDs in Chocolate and Vanilla only, and found them pretty much to be tolerable, but that's it. I also must not have shaken it properly, as there were some nasty little chunks in the bottom. I did try a myoplex deluxe RTD chocolate the other day...and it was absolutely disgusting, I literally checked to see if it had expired or something.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
MM hasn't made a flavor yet that I didn't care for, although the profile is less the desirable, it's a nice treat once in awhile :)

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I love MM, But the Chocolate caramel pecan is just too nasty. I had to buy some once because it's all they had and I was out. That was just wrong.
chocolate mint was very tasty.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
I love Muscle Milk with skim milk! mainly the chocolate milk and caramel ones (forget their actual names)

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
not really the best protien source either

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
actually a combination of whey and milk proteins

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
I love muscle milk but i cant stomach the C&C flavor. Way to sweet. I think im one of the few because everyone seems to like the C&C which is why i bought it

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
I love muscle milk but i cant stomach the C&C flavor. Way to sweet. I think im one of the few because everyone seems to like the C&C which is why i bought it
Come to think of it, I never mixed the stuff full strength. It was pretty sweet.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
It's a casein protein, slow digesting so its best before bed instead of around workout times.
and anytime around workout times. its a good quality muscle building protein. advantages at night due to its slow digesting is that you are buidling muscle while you sleep and not awake to consume food.

i like to use it as a snack inbetween meals early and midday. and i find that whey goes into my system whey too fast (no pun intended). increase in water didn't help and i had some things going on from it. the milk isolate seems to have been my answer for this. after i switched to all milk isolate - i noticed a huge increase in my wo and holding my muscle in between wo's!!!!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
MM hasn't made a flavor yet that I didn't care for, although the profile is less the desirable, it's a nice treat once in awhile :)
You old man - I just had Horchata for dessert. :bb:

doma777

doma777

Awards
I love muscle milk, not the one pre made in stores...the one in the tub you make at home...imo and I have tryed a million varieties..most I couldn't even get all the way down cause of the taste...muscle milk to me is delicious...
I always get chocolate the pro one 50 gram protein mix in blender always with whole milk, bananna or blueberry, and ice,, delicious!!!!!
I gained over 60 lbs.in 6 months bulking with muscle milk everyday twice a day