ECA Stack and Creatine?

Eagleman003

Awards
I am doing ECA at the standard dose 2x a day, and I am looking to cut from 12% to 11% in 2.5 weeks (before spring break). Is it ok to take sizeon by gaspari nutrition (creatine matrix) while being on an ECA cycle. I would take ECA around an hour before my workout and drink sizeon during the beggining of my workout. I wanna maintain muscle fullness and strength when im sub-caloric.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Not a good idea IMO. I never use creatine on a cut, because I look bloated, and makes me less motivated. Just my point of view. And SizeOn was the one that gave me the most water retention.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
it's fine, the water retention expeirenced by creatine is not the same as a sodium bloat, depending on where your body fat is, a creatine musle bloat can actually make your muscles look fuller, espically on a cut, when your muscles tend to be a little flat.

Also, studies suggest creatine helps increase your metabolism and aids with muscle catbolism, resulting in maxmium lean mass especially during calorie restrictions.

Other supplements to include on a cut? I'd go with mega dosing fish oil and BCAA's, and perhaps some beta alanine to reduce any decrease in overall strength