ECA Stack and Cortisol Control? Quick cut?

Eagleman003

Awards
I am planning on doing a cut before spring break for around 2.5 - 3 weeks. I really dont need to lose that much bodyfat. I am probablly at 12% and I want to get down to around 11% if not lower. I plan taking retain2 at around 2 caps a day for 2 weeks and ECA at 50-75mg ephedrine (all other doses in ratio with the E). I am worried about losing muscle so I am only cutting calories around 500 a day if not under that. My diet will be very very clean and i will cut carbs down slightly but not too much. Last time I did this I lost to much muscle. I am trying to keep my strength the same throughout. I am 225 at 6"4 so hopefully I can get to a good 223 or 222 with no lost size. What do you guys think?

bobby8405

Awards
cutting 500 calories sounds kinda high. 200 would probably be better if you are worried about losing muscle. Taking an amino supplement will also help fight catabolism. Also you might consider a dcp/levi/ephedrine stack if you have the extra money.

Eagleman003

Awards
In all seriousness i dont even need to cut to be honest, this will be more like a transformation kinda. I just wanna lose honestly 2 pounds, but in reality if i stayed the same bodyweight and maintained strength and looked more cut i would be happy. Last time i cut i cut carbs way too much and cut for way too long and lost muscle. I am going to take BCAA"s before I run at 20grams along with whey protien. What other things can i do to avoid catabolism? Vitamin C?

I will eat regularly like a maintence but extremely clean, and increase my cardio and I should burn off some extra fat.

bobby8405

Awards
Protein and amino's are the best and most cost effective way that i know of. If your trying to look cut you might want a potassium supplement too. It is supposed to let water out and improve definition, but i would be careful if your gonna be drinking alot.

Where you going on sb, btw.

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
MindandMuscle.net had an excellent article online titled "Determining the Maximum Dietary Deficit for Fat Loss". It described a study that figured out the maximum caloric deficit that your body can handle before becoming overly catabolic, based on the amount of bodyfat that you are carrying.

Basically, when your bodyfat % is higher, the larger the caloric deficit you can handle before you start losing muscle. Fat people can nearly starve themselves and they will lose fat almost exclusively. If a person with 10% body fat starves himself, he will lose mostly muscle.

BOTTOM LINE:
The forumla they were able to derive was take the weight of your fat and multiply by 31. That is the maximum caloric deficit your body can handle.

So, at 225 lbs and 12% bodyfat, you have 27 lbs of fat. 27 x 31 = 837 calories. That is the maximum you can remove from your diet. If you want to do cardio, you can eat a bit more to equal the calories burnt in the cardio.

Note though, that as you get thinner and the fat burns away, you are allowed a smaller and smaller caloric deficit.

I recommend the article.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
and ECA at 50-75mg ephedrine (all other doses in ratio with the E). I am worried about losing muscle so

Just curious. Is that total for a day or per dose?