3 Creatines I'm looking at, insight.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
DiCreatine Malate
TriCreatine Malate
Creatine Gluconate

So i am goin to be getting 1 kilo Mono also, but wanted to add one of these to the mix maybe 2-3 weeks in, why. Just cause. Cause its cheaper than buyin Clout or SizeOn like i was planing.
I used Creatine Gluconate for a bit. I could tell how much it was kicking though. I seemd to have firmed up some but not much, i barley used it for 3-4 weeks though and a low dose of 4-6g a day, pre/postWO.

So any input on these would be great. Thanks.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
tri-creatine malate. shoulda bought clout, though. :D

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
tri-creatine malate. shoulda bought clout, though. :D
Yea i just threw that in my cart. I hear Clout is sic stuff but takes 2 tubs to see worht it effects. It is pricey and i have to budget right now. I wont be purchasing for awhile,im just bored and always good to leave time for decision making.

Thanks man,
Peace.

bigjohn58

Awards
Get all 3 or maybe throw in some CEE...just get them in like 500g or so and stack them all.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
thats a little much. Im tryin to keep cost at a mininmum. So i was thinking even if the Mono bloats me, which i know is mostly false, i would have another one that is less water retentive to add or switch too
200g TriCM - 3g Pre and PostWO
1 kilo mono- 4g Pre/PostWO

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
If you're gonna get tricreatine malate I wouldn't get any creatine mono. Tricreatine malate = dicreatine malate + monohydrate salts. I would go with TCM and creatine gluconate.

I use a combo of TCM, CG, and CEE. Works great for me. 1.5 each before lift, and 1g each afterwards.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
If you're gonna get tricreatine malate I wouldn't get any creatine mono. Tricreatine malate = dicreatine malate + monohydrate salts. I would go with TCM and creatine gluconate.

I use a combo of TCM, CG, and CEE. Works great for me. 1.5 each before lift, and 1g each afterwards.
i thought the science behind CG was shakey or not plausable.

I guess ill wait for a few others to chime in.
I know i am not goin to go with CEE cause its the most effective and seem sto be the most hit or miss/contreversial.

Thanks.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
i use bulk 2cm di-creatine malate when im not using size-on... cant beat 300 servings for 4$

also look into albion's creatine-magnesium chelate

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As a general rule, apart from creatine monohydrate, creatine bonded to any of the Krebs Cycle intermediates (citrate, fumarate, malate, succinate, and alpha ketoglutarate), or compounds involved indirectly in the energy cycle (for instance, orotate, pyruvate, and so on) delivers improved absorption, bioavailability, and potency. Furthermore, ATP synthesis and phosphocreatine elevation are improved.

Consequently, if I had to select three advanced creatine forms, I would pick Creatine Alpha Ketoglutarate, Tri-Creatine-Malate, and Tri-Creatine Orotate. If Tri-Creatine Orotate is hard to find in bulk, consider Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate.

My favourite is Creatine Alpha Ketoglutarate (Cre-AKG). Here is why:

Cre-AKG is a molecular bonding of creatine to the alpha-keto amino acid, alpha ketoglutarate (AKG), and is claimed by many to be the most effective creatine around. AKG has been traditionally molecularly bonded to minerals, amino acids, and vitamins to make them more stable, more bioavailable, and more absorbable. This is also the same principle behind Cre-AKG.

Cre-AKG is PH-stable, is as soluble as creatine malate and creatine pyruvate, and is highly bioavailable. This is because AKG in Cre-AKG serves as a transport vehicle for creatine, pulling creatine from the intestines into the blood stream (thus avoiding any GI issues as in monohydrate). On the cellular level, with the help of AKG, creatine is pulled (and pressed) into muscle cells (without the help of the usual carbohydrate transport matrix), producing the typical creatine results without GI issues and osmotic pressure (Cre-AKG does not pull water into intestinal and muscle cells like monohydrate).

So, AKG makes creatine significantly more potent. Furthermore, AKG improves the endogenous production of of glutamine and glutamic acid, both important for muscle growth and for the immune system. AKG also binds to toxic ammonia in muscle cells, in the liver, and in the brain, thereby converting ammonia into glutamic acid, improving glutamine levels and assisting in elimination of toxic ammonia from the body. Lastly, as a Krebs Cycle intermediate, AKG improves VO2 Max and energy metabolism in muscle cells, and is consequently a potent ergogenic.

dizi24

Awards
i thought the science behind CG was shakey or not plausable.

I guess ill wait for a few others to chime in.
I know i am not goin to go with CEE cause its the most effective and seem sto be the most hit or miss/contreversial.

Thanks.
I have no idea about the science behind it, but its the creatine in sizeon which has great reviews.

Personally I'd go creatine gluconate and some tricreatine malate.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I got this from Grand Master P:

the science is one big lie

gluconate is the gluconic acid ion. Gluconic acid is an oxidation product of glucose that is not a carbohydrate nor can it convert to glucose or any other carbohydrate

so the claim that it is creatine bonded to glucose is completely false.

This one really pisses me off cuz Gaspari knows it but he keeps running the same ad

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
I went through this same phase, did some research and found that universal's Storm is the best bet. got Crea-AKG as mentioned above, creatine monohydrate, di-creatine malate, and magnesium creatine chelate. not to mention it's no more than $30 almost anywhere you get for 80 servings. stuff is great

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I went through this same phase, did some research and found that universal's Storm is the best bet. got Crea-AKG as mentioned above, creatine monohydrate, di-creatine malate, and magnesium creatine chelate. not to mention it's no more than $30 almost anywhere you get for 80 servings. stuff is great
I have used Storm before and yes it was awesome. I just wanted to try something different and a bit cheaper. I might try ot look for some Crea-AKG and mix it with Tri-Malate. I might skip the Mono as i forgot about the possible gastrol intestinal issues. I am tryin to stay/get lean when i use these to so chance of mono bloat has me thinking.

EDIT: I'm goin to prolly end up with Tri-CM and CEE. I am goin with CEE cause the Gluconate is more expensive. Prolly pick up some more Storm too.

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
yeah that's cool, i havent had any luck locating crea-akg pure by itself but good luck with that.

MOHAWKA

MOHAWKA

Awards
As a general rule, apart from creatine monohydrate, creatine bonded to any of the Krebs Cycle intermediates (citrate, fumarate, malate, succinate, and alpha ketoglutarate), or compounds involved indirectly in the energy cycle (for instance, orotate, pyruvate, and so on) delivers improved absorption, bioavailability, and potency. Furthermore, ATP synthesis and phosphocreatine elevation are improved.

Consequently, if I had to select three advanced creatine forms, I would pick Creatine Alpha Ketoglutarate, Tri-Creatine-Malate, and Tri-Creatine Orotate. If Tri-Creatine Orotate is hard to find in bulk, consider Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate.

My favourite is Creatine Alpha Ketoglutarate (Cre-AKG). Here is why:

Cre-AKG is a molecular bonding of creatine to the alpha-keto amino acid, alpha ketoglutarate (AKG), and is claimed by many to be the most effective creatine around. AKG has been traditionally molecularly bonded to minerals, amino acids, and vitamins to make them more stable, more bioavailable, and more absorbable. This is also the same principle behind Cre-AKG.

Cre-AKG is PH-stable, is as soluble as creatine malate and creatine pyruvate, and is highly bioavailable. This is because AKG in Cre-AKG serves as a transport vehicle for creatine, pulling creatine from the intestines into the blood stream (thus avoiding any GI issues as in monohydrate). On the cellular level, with the help of AKG, creatine is pulled (and pressed) into muscle cells (without the help of the usual carbohydrate transport matrix), producing the typical creatine results without GI issues and osmotic pressure (Cre-AKG does not pull water into intestinal and muscle cells like monohydrate).

So, AKG makes creatine significantly more potent. Furthermore, AKG improves the endogenous production of of glutamine and glutamic acid, both important for muscle growth and for the immune system. AKG also binds to toxic ammonia in muscle cells, in the liver, and in the brain, thereby converting ammonia into glutamic acid, improving glutamine levels and assisting in elimination of toxic ammonia from the body. Lastly, as a Krebs Cycle intermediate, AKG improves VO2 Max and energy metabolism in muscle cells, and is consequently a potent ergogenic.
dang, nice info

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I bought di/tri creatine, and gms. Add a packet of ice tea to go by Lipton for flavoring and good to go. By comparison of my mixture and some other companies, its about the same, just cheaper.