Old HYDROXYCUT with E didn't do anything for me, I don't think...

AM07

Awards
  • Established
I took 4 capsules of the original Hydroxycut (comes out to about 26mg ephedrine and 267mg caffeine), and I didn't really feel any stimulant effects from it. I took it about 45 minutes before doing cardio training at the gym yesterday, and was expecting a surge of energy since I've never used stimulants before, but I don't think I felt anything from it.

It expired in May 2005, but I would have figured it's still effective, just may have lost a little potency. I know OTC medications produced by big pharma have very conservative expiration dates and are still good years after the date on the bottle, but can the same be true for unregulated supplements? I would think it's at least 50% as effective 2.5-3 years after the expiration date, but maybe I'm entirely wrong.

Maybe I don't respond to ephedra?

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
laff

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
My friend also has the old school Muscle Tech Hydroxycut with E. It works very well.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
unless its been stored entirely out of heat and moisture, its prob a dud

which is more likely... the supplement that expired 3 years ago (which was manufactured about 5-6 years ago) lost potentcy

or your just immune to 26 mgs of E and close to 300mgs of caffeine?

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
were did you get it are you sure it was the real deal

AM07

Awards
  • Established
It's definitely the real deal, it was sealed, and the ingredients are just as it says.

Since it may have lost potency, I'm going to increase the dosage next time I go to the gym. Hopefully, it works.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
It's definitely the real deal, it was sealed, and the ingredients are just as it says.

Since it may have lost potency, I'm going to increase the dosage next time I go to the gym. Hopefully, it works.
IMO, id just trash it...

AM07

Awards
  • Established
But do you really think it would have lost more than 50% potency during those 3 years?

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
But do you really think it would have lost more than 50% potency during those 3 years?
depends...

heat and moisture can reak havoc on herbal supplements

im not sure where you live... but here in south florida, due to the humidity and temperature, a lot of my personal stash goes south after a year or so. its why we have a climate controlled, air conditioned warehouse for PAL.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
depends...

heat and moisture can reak havoc on herbal supplements

im not sure where you live... but here in south florida, due to the humidity and temperature, a lot of my personal stash goes south after a year or so. its why we have a climate controlled, air conditioned warehouse for PAL.
I bet loaves of bread don't last too long either huh ?