AP and ectomorphs

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering if ectomorphs tend not to benfit as much from Anabolic Pump as non ectos.

AP didn't really do too much for me, but so many people testify to the amazing gains they get from it. Then I got to thinking; most (maybe all actually) of the people who I know that didn't benefit from AP are ectos (myself included). Also, since ectos tend to be insulin resistant, I wonder if this is related.

While I wouldn't say Ectomorphs couldn't benefit at all from AP, but perhaps they are less likey to see the overwhelming results some people see.

Any thoughts?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think for those 'Insulin Non Resposive' lifters out there like you and I, a different approach to AP dosing needs to be undertaken. I feel that if you are in this category, two things are necessary to derive some benefit from AP; one on hand, a larger than average CHO meal is necessary to stimulate Pancreatic Release. Blood sugar must be raised to an amount higher than most individuals would need in order to stimulate that process; secondly, I think waiting at least half an hour after dosing to eat is paramount. I feel fifteen minutes is too little time to stimulate GLUT4 translocation; the reason why, is the standardization of the extract.

Most who are AP non-responsive are P-Slin responsive, due to the increase in Tannins and Corosolic acid. To counter this, I think Anabolic Pump simply needs more time to activate the Insulin responsive proteins involved in GLUT4 translocation.

Try this: dose your Anabolic Pump 30-35 minutes before your Pre-Workout meal; for this meal, consume at least 80-90g CHO, with a mix of simple and complex carbohydrates. Hypothetically, this should activate both GLUT4 (by giving AP more time to work) and the Insulin surge that Ectos need to funnel glycogen.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interesting, because I didn't get squat from AP. I'll have to try PSlin.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, because I didn't get squat from AP. I'll have to try PSlin.
Do try pslin if you get the chance. I can attest that it will work for you even if AP didn't.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Kick me now, because I missed the PSlin sale. Idiot.

G

I was wondering if ectomorphs tend not to benfit as much from Anabolic Pump as non ectos.

AP didn't really do too much for me, but so many people testify to the amazing gains they get from it. Then I got to thinking; most (maybe all actually) of the people who I know that didn't benefit from AP are ectos (myself included). Also, since ectos tend to be insulin resistant, I wonder if this is related.

While I wouldn't say Ectomorphs couldn't benefit at all from AP, but perhaps they are less likey to see the overwhelming results some people see.

Any thoughts?
By Ecto do you mean that you gain fat easily with a high carbohydrate intake?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, I think he's saying he's unresponsive either way J.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I think for those 'Insulin Non Resposive' lifters out there like you and I, a different approach to AP dosing needs to be undertaken. I feel that if you are in this category, two things are necessary to derive some benefit from AP; one on hand, a larger than average CHO meal is necessary to stimulate Pancreatic Release. Blood sugar must be raised to an amount higher than most individuals would need in order to stimulate that process; secondly, I think waiting at least half an hour after dosing to eat is paramount. I feel fifteen minutes is too little time to stimulate GLUT4 translocation; the reason why, is the standardization of the extract.

Most who are AP non-responsive are P-Slin responsive, due to the increase in Tannins and Corosolic acid. To counter this, I think Anabolic Pump simply needs more time to activate the Insulin responsive proteins involved in GLUT4 translocation.

Try this: dose your Anabolic Pump 30-35 minutes before your Pre-Workout meal; for this meal, consume at least 80-90g CHO, with a mix of simple and complex carbohydrates. Hypothetically, this should activate both GLUT4 (by giving AP more time to work) and the Insulin surge that Ectos need to funnel glycogen.
Preying Mantis protocol is interesting, might have to give it a shot.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unresponsive to carbohydrates..hmmm.

Lets see what the dancer for money(haha) has to say.
That's how the AP Manual is layed out (due on Monday, correct?). Carb Non-Responsive, Responsive, and Reactive. Then how to use with popular foods, products, and diets.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
By Ecto do you mean that you gain fat easily with a high carbohydrate intake?
By ectomorph, I'm refering to the standard lean body type (narrow shoulders and hips) as opposed to mesomorphs or endomorphs. Carbs don't load into muscles or adipose tissue easily, so they don't tend to make us fat (although we are succeptable to "sugar bellies"), but they don't make us muscular easily either. We need to eat tons of carbs to gain mass as a general rule.

I feel like AP might actually be very good for Ectos with either a very specific dosing protocol (like Mullet suggested), or maybe even taking more of it (although AP gives me bathroom issues). In theory it would help with what is the biggest hurdle for us in terms of gaining mass, but in practical, it did not work out for me.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mmmm, carbs!! :p Low carb and me = pure death and misery.