Am i screwed... or is there hope?

Fisha7487

Fisha7487

Awards
For spring break I'm going to mexico. Apparently the reviews are saying this is mainly just a party hotel and the food is ALL ****. It's not like i can go grocery shopping and cook nor can i store anything in a fridge. I haven't found anything about a gym even being there LOL. And I am no doubt going to be drunk off my ass to get my moneys worth of the all inclusive there.

So um... my point is, is there really anything i can do so i don't totally Fvck all of the hard work that I'm putting in and just totally destroy myself in a weeks time by drinking and eating their ****ty food. Is there any point to bringing any supplements? I'm also nervous as with the new laws about bringing liquids on planes and all the other restrictions, i dont know what i can actually bring.

If anyone has ANY suggestions to help me not waste away in a weeks time, let me know!

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
When I go on vacation, I usually eat and drink whatever. Whats the point of going if your not going to let yourself go? Just get back to basics the minute you get back. I usually still find a way to train though, even if I have to lug some free weights, just to hit the major muscle groups.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
A week isn't going to kill anything. You'll be rested and motivated to train and diet when you get back.

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
In fact, if you've been dieting really hard, there are people who suggest it may even be good for you to eat some garbage for a bit.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Ive been to Mexico 3 times. I always cut and diet hardcore for 2 months before i go. When i get there im usually ready for a nice break and i enjoy the week that im there.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No need to stress while on Vacation. Just try to be smart about how much you consume.

Hope you have a great time!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Are you on a good probiotic to help with the food change?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That's a very good idea. OP, look into RPN's Gut Health.

Make sure you are staying hydrated while you're drinking. You could possibly benefit from bringing a protein supplement and maybe some SesaThin and/or DCP as well if you'd like. But other than that, I say just enjoy the time off.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Muscles take more than a week to atrophy buddy, you will be fine. You will look 'smaller' whilst your there, but that is nothing more than fluid loss and a lack of normal glycogen retention. Pay no mind to that. Your first workout back that vascular look you had returns and you're back in action.

Fisha7487

Fisha7487

Awards
That's a very good idea. OP, look into RPN's Gut Health.

Make sure you are staying hydrated while you're drinking. You could possibly benefit from bringing a protein supplement and maybe some SesaThin and/or DCP as well if you'd like. But other than that, I say just enjoy the time off.
Sounds great. That sounds like what i was lookin for, cuz i just felt like i got hit by a train last time cuz the food was also VERY ****ty, and i just felt run down. Going from a strict diet to eating a bunch of grease doesn't get along with my somach

Fisha7487

Fisha7487

Awards
Muscles take more than a week to atrophy buddy, you will be fine. You will look 'smaller' whilst your there, but that is nothing more than fluid loss and a lack of normal glycogen retention. Pay no mind to that. Your first workout back that vascular look you had returns and you're back in action.
Yeah, i know it takes more than week normally. I just thought that under these extreme conditions of beating my body up with a week of nothing but booze and shlt food that it would do some damage. But i guess ur all prob right and i'm being overly paranoid. :whiner:

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, i know it takes more than week normally. I just thought that under these extreme conditions of beating my body up with a week of nothing but booze and shlt food that it would do some damage. But i guess ur all prob right and i'm being overly paranoid. :whiner:
about two weeks ago i had to go on an unexpected trip to texas because my grandfather passed away. i was in the exact same boat but it was even worse because i had about 3 hours time to prep before i had to jump on a plane. i was able to bring a bag of protein and my supps but i'm not sure about international travel. you'll be fine though. i lost about 4-5 lbs while there because i wasn't eating every two or three hours but as soon as i got back home i hit the diet back up and hit the gym and felt back to normal within a day or two. don't worry that's why you put in the hard work bro. now show off that ripped bod and get some of that spring break ass! lol

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I go down there several times a year. There are no issues with food changes that I have ever encountered.

Fisha7487, eat, drink, smoke cigars and be merry. Spring break is no time for working out. :)

On vacation I avoid the gym and sit at the pool, on the beach and at the bar and chuckle at all the fat middle aged men.

If you didn't have it when you left home you ain't gonna get it while your there. ;)

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've always valued the "cheat day". If you don't allow yourself to go on a bender every now and again, you'll miss it to the point where you'll do it too frequently. There abstinence, then there's just plain lunacy! ;) :D

A

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Just go and get ****ed up, laid, and consume as much alcohol and drugs as your body can handle. And when you think you've had enough, consume more!

That's how spring break works!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always valued the "cheat day". If you don't allow yourself to go on a bender every now and again, you'll miss it to the point where you'll do it too frequently. There abstinence, then there's just plain lunacy! ;) :D
Great point. If I don't cheat once every few weeks, when I do end up cheating it turns into a three day pizza gorge fest.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
do you own a pair of running shoes?

go running a few times during the week, do pushups, sit ups, and pull ups if you can find a suitable bar or tree... be creative.

point is...sure you cant lift heavy all week.. but you can sure as hell keep your body in movement

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Just go, enjoy life, and eat whatever. These are the times you don't want to regret missing because of bodybuilding. The gym will be there when you get back. Have a blast!

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
A week isn't going to kill anything. You'll be rested and motivated to train and diet when you get back.
x2 QFT!

ENJOY YOURSELF MAN!!!!! How often do you go to Mexico?!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Used to go every year and camp and fish on the Baja..but it's been a few years.

Food served at good hotels and restaraunts should not be a problem. If you stray from that however, then yes you might get traveler's diarrhea..nameless taco stands or fruit/veggie stands. Probiotics might help this and some suggest taking HCl tabs with every meal.

Been down many times and never had a serious GI issue although had a week of green stool upon returning from San Carlos once. It was colorful.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, just go wild. Get drunk, have fun, go para-sailing, kill prostitutes, go snorkling, inject heroin, rent scooters, smuggle narcotics, all the regular tourist stuff stuff.

Just don't pee on the streets. I tried that once and landed in jail.

M

MattMiller

Awards
For spring break I'm going to mexico. Apparently the reviews are saying this is mainly just a party hotel and the food is ALL ****. It's not like i can go grocery shopping and cook nor can i store anything in a fridge. I haven't found anything about a gym even being there LOL. And I am no doubt going to be drunk off my ass to get my moneys worth of the all inclusive there.

So um... my point is, is there really anything i can do so i don't totally Fvck all of the hard work that I'm putting in and just totally destroy myself in a weeks time by drinking and eating their ****ty food. Is there any point to bringing any supplements? I'm also nervous as with the new laws about bringing liquids on planes and all the other restrictions, i dont know what i can actually bring.

If anyone has ANY suggestions to help me not waste away in a weeks time, let me know!
as far as bringing liquids onto a plane the TSA allows no more than i think 3 ounces of liquid in a carry on bag. i dont see you having any problems putting your liquids in a checked bag that goes in the cargo hold of the plane. not sure about mexicos laws and what they allow in the country though. might be worth checking out so you dont get you supps taken from you

Fisha7487

Fisha7487

Awards
LOL! Alright then, i guess it's booze, broads, and burgers for the week. :burg::chick::cheers::dance:

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On vacation just enjoy your vacation man! Thats what I do, and I have a much better time than trying to count calories and miss out on some great foods making your vacation a little depressing. Pick up some Gut Health, and some DCP and you will be golden! You will limit the amount you put on so when you get back you'll have less to take off!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do you own a pair of running shoes?

go running a few times during the week, do pushups, sit ups, and pull ups if you can find a suitable bar or tree... be creative.

point is...sure you cant lift heavy all week.. but you can sure as hell keep your body in movement
Snorkeling is some serious damn workout too. 2 hours of snorkeling is some crazy stuff