I bought 2 cans of 5 lbs. Body Fortress Whey Protein. Its pretty good - AnabolicMinds.com

I bought 2 cans of 5 lbs. Body Fortress Whey Protein. Its pretty good

1. Banned

I bought 2 cans of 5 lbs. Body Fortress Whey Protein. Its pretty good

Hello all: Protein prices are increasing, and i dont have a lot of money, so i went to Wal Mart and i bought 2 big 5 lbs. cans of whey protein from Body Fortress. So far i am getting the same strength as with Optimum Nutrition proteins.

warvictim

2. New Member

ive used body fortresses super nos pump and BCAA formula's before, good for poor college kids, and better then nothing.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

i use the 6 pound bags of eas that i buy at sams club for like 27.99
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticism View Post
    never liked it since it had soy protein in there, great deal though
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

there isn't any soy in it. its all whey.
  6. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It is a good product. Good deal anyway. It also has creatine and taurine in it. I never tried it but might have to sometime soon. It does contain Soy Lecithin but only trace amounts...

http://www.bodyfortress.com/images/s...cts/044320.pdf
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

there isn't any soy in it. its all whey.
    really, OOOH! perhaps they changed the old formula. Awesome. Now ill go check it out.
  8. Banned

Hey my friends, i've noticed that Body Fortress new whey protein is putting creatine and glutamine in there whey proteins. But the problem is that they don't say how many grams of creatine and L-glutamine does each serving of their new whey protein has.

I wrote called their customer service department, and they told me that they cannot tell me how much creatine and how much glutamine does each serving has

warvictim

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    It is a good product. Good deal anyway. It also has creatine and taurine in it. I never tried it but might have to sometime soon. It does contain Soy Lecithin but only trace amounts...

http://www.bodyfortress.com/images/s...cts/044320.pdf
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.

I've used body fortress , it's not bad. But I use sam's club always. For that price it is unbeatable!
  10. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Another one is vitamin shopppe. I got a 5lb tub of store branded for $25. its only 17g/protein per serving (24g scoop), but still light on carbs + fat. That works out to about 50 servings of 34g protein for $25, so 50 cents a pop. Thats no coupon or sale at that price either, so sometimes you can get it even a little better (like a b1g150%off)
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  11. Banned

Hi, the vanilla flavor of the Body Fortress Whey protein, tastes a little bit like coconut, but what i do is that I pour a little bit of pure vanilla in my blender, and the shake tastes a lot better like that

warvictim:dl:

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    I've used body fortress , it's not bad. But I use sam's club always. For that price it is unbeatable!
  12. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by warvictim View Post
    Hello all: Protein prices are increasing, and i dont have a lot of money, so i went to Wal Mart and i bought 2 big 5 lbs. cans of whey protein from Body Fortress. So far i am getting the same strength as with Optimum Nutrition proteins.

warvictim
    I saw this before but overlooked it. You should not equate strength gains with powdered whey protein intake.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I am using their CM now, its always a great price 5lbs for $12
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  14. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by T H E O R E M View Post
    really, OOOH! perhaps they changed the old formula. Awesome. Now ill go check it out.
    EAS is 100% whey now, I have a bag of choc. and a bag of vanilla, it's pretty good but an awesome deal. I got mine for 23.99 a bag.
  15. Banned

Hello, hey Body Fortress is putting creatine in their new whey proteins. I've noticed that lots of other whey protein brands out there don't have creatine. That is cool considering that their prices are one of the lowest of the whey protein market

warvictim

Quote Originally Posted by ProAnabolics View Post
    EAS is 100% whey now, I have a bag of choc. and a bag of vanilla, it's pretty good but an awesome deal. I got mine for 23.99 a bag.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

if my memory serves me right, the company who makes the protein powder for Body Fortress also makes it for Vitamine Shoppe, as well as a few other companies and have pretty good standards (better than you would think VS price) ... im going to have to go check out Sam's later this week but if i ever run out of protein i always grab me a 2lb. jug of BodyFortress. it mixes well in water too.
  17. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Another one is vitamin shopppe. I got a 5lb tub of store branded for $25. its only 17g/protein per serving (24g scoop), but still light on carbs + fat. That works out to about 50 servings of 34g protein for $25, so 50 cents a pop. Thats no coupon or sale at that price either, so sometimes you can get it even a little better (like a b1g150%off)
    hows the taste? I liked body fort but my coworkeres hated it bc ithad me fartingfor hours.. and i mean big **** stinky farts..
  18. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

taste was ok, not really spectacular. I don't mind it at all.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  19. Banned

Hello, and the best part of the new improved formulas of Body-Fortress Whey Proteins is that now they are incorporating creatine and glutamine as part of their main ingredients

warvictim

Quote Originally Posted by ralph4u2c View Post
    if my memory serves me right, the company who makes the protein powder for Body Fortress also makes it for Vitamine Shoppe, as well as a few other companies and have pretty good standards (better than you would think VS price) ... im going to have to go check out Sam's later this week but if i ever run out of protein i always grab me a 2lb. jug of BodyFortress. it mixes well in water too.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.

I get mine from costco, 6 lbs for 30$

EAS
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Costco's the shiznit, I get the EAS stuff too, it has been the blend with soy but judging by the ingredient profile there is not much soy relative to whey (there's some casein too(milk protein)).
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

i get mine at sams. 27.99
  23. New Member

Most likely since there not saying how much creatine and glutamine is in it, it aint much. Any amount and they can say it contains it. Trace amounts.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T H E O R E M View Post
    I need to check this out too...
    Armed to the teeth.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ProAnabolics View Post
    Last I looked at the EAS label (they had bags stacked up @ Costco), scoops held ~19g protein & ~7g carbs (but I may misremember - it might have had soy protein). At any rate, the numbers convinced me to put it back & order another tub of ON.

Maybe one o' you bros w/ a bag handy can take a look & post it?
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

idk if i can link to EAS's website here, but i will anyways, ill take it down if i have to.

its the same ingrediant profile as this but in a 6lb bag. http://register.eas.com/OA_HTML/ibeC...9398F4A6962%7E
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    Last I looked at the EAS label (they had bags stacked up @ Costco), scoops held ~19g protein & ~7g carbs (but I may misremember - it might have had soy protein). At any rate, the numbers convinced me to put it back & order another tub of ON.

Maybe one o' you bros w/ a bag handy can take a look & post it?
    One scoop of the EAS (30g) gives you 23g of protein and only 3g of carbs.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.

Wondering if the EAS brand protein is really thick? I wouldn't mind adding in maybe half a cup of oats in there for some carbs but if its thick as it is then I won't. Definitely buying from costco next time though!
  29. Banned

Hello, the vanilla flavor of the Body-Fortress Whey Protein brand, tastes a little bit like coconut, so you might wanna add a good quality vanilla flavor to your shake so that it tastes like real vanilla ice cream flavor.

I am looking to see if there is a whey protein brand out there that makes Birthday Cake flavor, you know like the birthday cake ice cream flavor

warvictim

Quote Originally Posted by WeakPoint View Post
    Wondering if the EAS brand protein is really thick? I wouldn't mind adding in maybe half a cup of oats in there for some carbs but if its thick as it is then I won't. Definitely buying from costco next time though!
  30. Banned

Hello again, But i swear that Body-Fortress Vanilla flavor tastes a lot better than Optimum Nutrition's Vanilla Ice cream flavor

warvictim
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.

so the flavor isnt bad for a cheap walmart protein? im fussy on taste but it sounds like u guys say it isnt too bad.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakPoint View Post
    It's not overly thick. I always use 2 scoops with 8 oz and it still mixes great.
  33. New Member

Usually the better a protein tastes the worst it is for you.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.

I just started adding this in with my ON. Since good whey products like ON are really expensive I only take it after a workout when I feel I need the best I have.

This BF stuff is pretty good actualy! I take it in the morning and at lunch with my other foods at the time so I don't have to waste my ON and this stuff is pretty great, going to make it a staple with my ON now.
  35. New Member

"hello all......"
  36. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

after having now tried All the whey's flavoring systems, i'm just buying their chocolate for my 5lb choice from now on. its well worth the extra $4 for 5lbs
    This space for rent

37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    after having now tried All the whey's flavoring systems, i'm just buying their chocolate for my 5lb choice from now on. its well worth the extra $4 for 5lbs
    Haha it's that good?
  38. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

i think you end up with more protein than the vitamin shoppe, and its much more of a dutch chocolate than the EAS one from sams.
    This space for rent

39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.

Hmm might have to give this a whirl sometime. They got some nice looking flavors

Similar Forum Threads

1. know of any soy free whey protein?
    By LatsRus in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 04:43 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 03:28 PM
  3. Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 12:38 AM
  4. Body Fortress Whey Protein White Particles