I bought 2 cans of 5 lbs. Body Fortress Whey Protein. Its pretty good

  1. Banned
    warvictim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    I bought 2 cans of 5 lbs. Body Fortress Whey Protein. Its pretty good


    Hello all: Protein prices are increasing, and i dont have a lot of money, so i went to Wal Mart and i bought 2 big 5 lbs. cans of whey protein from Body Fortress. So far i am getting the same strength as with Optimum Nutrition proteins.

    warvictim

  2. Registered User
    ProAnabolics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    155

    ive used body fortresses super nos pump and BCAA formula's before, good for poor college kids, and better then nothing.
  3. Registered User
    Necroticism's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Power
    626

    i use the 6 pound bags of eas that i buy at sams club for like 27.99
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    T H E O R E M's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    california
    Posts
    411
    Rep Power
    315

    Quote Originally Posted by Necroticism View Post
    i use the 6 pound bags of eas that i buy at sams club for like 27.99
    never liked it since it had soy protein in there, great deal though
  5. Registered User
    Necroticism's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Power
    626

    there isn't any soy in it. its all whey.
  6. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,495
    Rep Power
    4204663

    It is a good product. Good deal anyway. It also has creatine and taurine in it. I never tried it but might have to sometime soon. It does contain Soy Lecithin but only trace amounts...

    http://www.bodyfortress.com/images/s...cts/044320.pdf
  7. Registered User
    T H E O R E M's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    california
    Posts
    411
    Rep Power
    315

    Quote Originally Posted by Necroticism View Post
    there isn't any soy in it. its all whey.
    really, OOOH! perhaps they changed the old formula. Awesome. Now ill go check it out.
  8. Banned
    warvictim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Hey my friends, i've noticed that Body Fortress new whey protein is putting creatine and glutamine in there whey proteins. But the problem is that they don't say how many grams of creatine and L-glutamine does each serving of their new whey protein has.

    I wrote called their customer service department, and they told me that they cannot tell me how much creatine and how much glutamine does each serving has

    warvictim


    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    It is a good product. Good deal anyway. It also has creatine and taurine in it. I never tried it but might have to sometime soon. It does contain Soy Lecithin but only trace amounts...

    http://www.bodyfortress.com/images/s...cts/044320.pdf
  9. Registered User
    jarhead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Oh
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,295
    Rep Power
    816

    Quote Originally Posted by Necroticism View Post
    i use the 6 pound bags of eas that i buy at sams club for like 27.99

    I've used body fortress , it's not bad. But I use sam's club always. For that price it is unbeatable!
  10. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,867
    Rep Power
    768811

    Another one is vitamin shopppe. I got a 5lb tub of store branded for $25. its only 17g/protein per serving (24g scoop), but still light on carbs + fat. That works out to about 50 servings of 34g protein for $25, so 50 cents a pop. Thats no coupon or sale at that price either, so sometimes you can get it even a little better (like a b1g150%off)
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  11. Banned
    warvictim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Hi, the vanilla flavor of the Body Fortress Whey protein, tastes a little bit like coconut, but what i do is that I pour a little bit of pure vanilla in my blender, and the shake tastes a lot better like that

    warvictim:dl:


    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    I've used body fortress , it's not bad. But I use sam's club always. For that price it is unbeatable!
  12. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,495
    Rep Power
    4204663

    Quote Originally Posted by warvictim View Post
    Hello all: Protein prices are increasing, and i dont have a lot of money, so i went to Wal Mart and i bought 2 big 5 lbs. cans of whey protein from Body Fortress. So far i am getting the same strength as with Optimum Nutrition proteins.

    warvictim
    I saw this before but overlooked it. You should not equate strength gains with powdered whey protein intake.
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    I am using their CM now, its always a great price 5lbs for $12
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  14. Registered User
    ProAnabolics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    155

    Quote Originally Posted by T H E O R E M View Post
    really, OOOH! perhaps they changed the old formula. Awesome. Now ill go check it out.
    EAS is 100% whey now, I have a bag of choc. and a bag of vanilla, it's pretty good but an awesome deal. I got mine for 23.99 a bag.
  15. Banned
    warvictim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Hello, hey Body Fortress is putting creatine in their new whey proteins. I've noticed that lots of other whey protein brands out there don't have creatine. That is cool considering that their prices are one of the lowest of the whey protein market

    warvictim

    Quote Originally Posted by ProAnabolics View Post
    EAS is 100% whey now, I have a bag of choc. and a bag of vanilla, it's pretty good but an awesome deal. I got mine for 23.99 a bag.
  16. Registered User
    ralph4u2c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    524

    if my memory serves me right, the company who makes the protein powder for Body Fortress also makes it for Vitamine Shoppe, as well as a few other companies and have pretty good standards (better than you would think VS price) ... im going to have to go check out Sam's later this week but if i ever run out of protein i always grab me a 2lb. jug of BodyFortress. it mixes well in water too.
  17. Banned
    Brolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,367
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Another one is vitamin shopppe. I got a 5lb tub of store branded for $25. its only 17g/protein per serving (24g scoop), but still light on carbs + fat. That works out to about 50 servings of 34g protein for $25, so 50 cents a pop. Thats no coupon or sale at that price either, so sometimes you can get it even a little better (like a b1g150%off)
    hows the taste? I liked body fort but my coworkeres hated it bc ithad me fartingfor hours.. and i mean big **** stinky farts..
  18. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,867
    Rep Power
    768811

    taste was ok, not really spectacular. I don't mind it at all.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  19. Banned
    warvictim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Hello, and the best part of the new improved formulas of Body-Fortress Whey Proteins is that now they are incorporating creatine and glutamine as part of their main ingredients

    warvictim

    Quote Originally Posted by ralph4u2c View Post
    if my memory serves me right, the company who makes the protein powder for Body Fortress also makes it for Vitamine Shoppe, as well as a few other companies and have pretty good standards (better than you would think VS price) ... im going to have to go check out Sam's later this week but if i ever run out of protein i always grab me a 2lb. jug of BodyFortress. it mixes well in water too.
  20. Registered User
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,374
    Rep Power
    585790

    I get mine from costco, 6 lbs for 30$

    EAS
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  21. Registered User
    TOYFORDOLET's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    29
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    282

    Costco's the shiznit, I get the EAS stuff too, it has been the blend with soy but judging by the ingredient profile there is not much soy relative to whey (there's some casein too(milk protein)).
  22. Registered User
    Necroticism's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Power
    626

    i get mine at sams. 27.99
  23. Registered User
    BigNutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tampa
    Age
    41
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    231

    Most likely since there not saying how much creatine and glutamine is in it, it aint much. Any amount and they can say it contains it. Trace amounts.
  24. Registered User
    manifesto's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    755
    Rep Power
    470

    Quote Originally Posted by T H E O R E M View Post
    really, OOOH! perhaps they changed the old formula. Awesome. Now ill go check it out.
    I need to check this out too...
    Armed to the teeth.
  25. Gold Member
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    the land of make-believe
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,378
    Rep Power
    1311

    Quote Originally Posted by ProAnabolics View Post
    EAS is 100% whey now, I have a bag of choc. and a bag of vanilla, it's pretty good but an awesome deal. I got mine for 23.99 a bag.
    Last I looked at the EAS label (they had bags stacked up @ Costco), scoops held ~19g protein & ~7g carbs (but I may misremember - it might have had soy protein). At any rate, the numbers convinced me to put it back & order another tub of ON.

    Maybe one o' you bros w/ a bag handy can take a look & post it?
  26. Registered User
    Necroticism's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Power
    626

    idk if i can link to EAS's website here, but i will anyways, ill take it down if i have to.

    its the same ingrediant profile as this but in a 6lb bag. http://register.eas.com/OA_HTML/ibeC...9398F4A6962%7E
  27. Registered User
    KrazyLegs's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    91

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    Last I looked at the EAS label (they had bags stacked up @ Costco), scoops held ~19g protein & ~7g carbs (but I may misremember - it might have had soy protein). At any rate, the numbers convinced me to put it back & order another tub of ON.

    Maybe one o' you bros w/ a bag handy can take a look & post it?
    One scoop of the EAS (30g) gives you 23g of protein and only 3g of carbs.
  28. Registered User
    WeakPoint's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    274

    Wondering if the EAS brand protein is really thick? I wouldn't mind adding in maybe half a cup of oats in there for some carbs but if its thick as it is then I won't. Definitely buying from costco next time though!
  29. Banned
    warvictim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Hello, the vanilla flavor of the Body-Fortress Whey Protein brand, tastes a little bit like coconut, so you might wanna add a good quality vanilla flavor to your shake so that it tastes like real vanilla ice cream flavor.

    I am looking to see if there is a whey protein brand out there that makes Birthday Cake flavor, you know like the birthday cake ice cream flavor

    warvictim

    Quote Originally Posted by WeakPoint View Post
    Wondering if the EAS brand protein is really thick? I wouldn't mind adding in maybe half a cup of oats in there for some carbs but if its thick as it is then I won't. Definitely buying from costco next time though!
  30. Banned
    warvictim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Hello again, But i swear that Body-Fortress Vanilla flavor tastes a lot better than Optimum Nutrition's Vanilla Ice cream flavor

    warvictim
  31. Registered User
    freezito's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    bemidji mn
    Posts
    2,974
    Rep Power
    26191

    so the flavor isnt bad for a cheap walmart protein? im fussy on taste but it sounds like u guys say it isnt too bad.
  32. Registered User
    jarhead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Oh
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,295
    Rep Power
    816

    Quote Originally Posted by WeakPoint View Post
    Wondering if the EAS brand protein is really thick? I wouldn't mind adding in maybe half a cup of oats in there for some carbs but if its thick as it is then I won't. Definitely buying from costco next time though!
    It's not overly thick. I always use 2 scoops with 8 oz and it still mixes great.
  33. Registered User
    Elias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    89

    Usually the better a protein tastes the worst it is for you.
  34. Registered User
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    LatCity
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    874

    I just started adding this in with my ON. Since good whey products like ON are really expensive I only take it after a workout when I feel I need the best I have.

    This BF stuff is pretty good actualy! I take it in the morning and at lunch with my other foods at the time so I don't have to waste my ON and this stuff is pretty great, going to make it a staple with my ON now.
  35. Registered User
    json75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    188

    "hello all......"
  36. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,867
    Rep Power
    768811

    after having now tried All the whey's flavoring systems, i'm just buying their chocolate for my 5lb choice from now on. its well worth the extra $4 for 5lbs
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  37. Registered User
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    LatCity
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    874

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    after having now tried All the whey's flavoring systems, i'm just buying their chocolate for my 5lb choice from now on. its well worth the extra $4 for 5lbs
    Haha it's that good?
  38. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,867
    Rep Power
    768811

    i think you end up with more protein than the vitamin shoppe, and its much more of a dutch chocolate than the EAS one from sams.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  39. Registered User
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    LatCity
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    874

    Hmm might have to give this a whirl sometime. They got some nice looking flavors
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. know of any soy free whey protein?
    By LatsRus in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 03:43 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 02:28 PM
  3. Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 11:38 PM
  4. Body Fortress Whey Protein White Particles
    By drivehard in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 10:18 PM
  5. Body Fortress Whey Protein
    By jpb8200 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 07:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in