Night-Time Supplements: Who is using what and why? - AnabolicMinds.com

Night-Time Supplements: Who is using what and why?

  1. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85508

    Reputation Reputation

    Question Night-Time Supplements: Who is using what and why?


    Curious here.... who uses a night-time product of any sort and why? Anything you can't live without?

    Lipo-PM is one of my all-time favorite products , for a variety of reasons. What do YOU like?
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)

  2. Board Sponsor
    DrnkMnky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    509
    Rep Power
    349

    Reputation

    I was hooked on PowerFull for a while, but I figured it was time to take a short break.
  3. Registered User
    Ziricote's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,430
    Rep Power
    1387

    Reputation

    2 caps PowerFULL and 2 caps TNA, I sleep really deeply and wake gradually using this combo. Not something I'd use all the time but some nights when I need some extra rest.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    737

    Reputation

    Currently use Powerfull and MST's ZMK. Main use is for enhanced recovery. Not very interested in relaxation effects (audiobooks put me to sleep like a baby).

    In the recent past have used:
    SomnidrenGH - Excellent product, you feel it the next day. Some knockout right after dosing, but I didn't get around to that response. Cool product, but I can't say I'd buy it again.
    Nocturnabol - lol.. gave it a shot since it packs a few sleep inducers.. Tryptophan/Melatonin (helped with resetting my sleep schedule after I stopped working nights).
  5. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37730

    Reputation

    Mega Sleep Aid - cheap, and effective as hell.

    Somnidren - expensive, and effective as hell. This stuff relaxes and puts me down, a keeps me out for a long sleep.

    ZMK - meh on sleep, but oh-so-good for you.
  6. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    i've been digging on the somnidren-gh/zmk combo for a couple months now. I do like lipotrophin pm + zmk too.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  7. Professional Member
    pmiller383's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,005
    Rep Power
    2668

    Reputation

    Big fan of my powerfull and bolic, I throw a melatonin in there once in a great while. I might add green tea when my nutra order comes in
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  8. Elite Member
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,855
    Rep Power
    353389

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    powerfull with ghrp6.
  9. Lift Heavy
    bLacKjAck.'s Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,949
    Rep Power
    2082

    Reputation

    Powerfull for sure.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,003
    Rep Power
    917966

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Magnesium
    Rhodiola
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. Senior Member
    Cordeen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,247
    Rep Power
    362728

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I simply take my Multi ...assuming it'll aid in the nightime hormonal swing.....especially the additional zinc, magnesium and B6.
  12. New Member
    jammer4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    97

    Reputation

    Muscle Milk
  13. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    My nightly ritual:

    A cup of roibos tea with 3 dropperfuls of lemon balm and 2 droppers of oatseed extract.

    3 caps of reishi extract

    1200 mg of calcium

    500 mcg of melatonin


    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz
  14. Club Myth CEO
    TheMyth's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,122
    Rep Power
    2191

    Reputation

    I'm a big fan of IGF-2 before bed, and most recently Somidren GH from MST, incredibel stuff, solid product!
  15. Senior Member
    Necroticism's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Power
    627

    Reputation

    i take zmk, and regular zma when i run out of that, otherwise i cycle between melatonin and somnidren.
  16. Professional Member
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,278
    Rep Power
    5601

    Reputation

    How 'bout Nutra's Bulk Carboxy.. Anybody use that? And how are you dosing it?
  17. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,243
    Rep Power
    51545

    Reputation

    I'm using Lean dreams but I have some Lipo pm on the way..maybe a new favorite? I'm using the lean dreams for the cortisol.
  18. Senior Member
    alwaysgaining's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    1634

    Reputation

    SomnidrenGH

    omg this stuff WORKS

    put it in your lip lay in bed then BAM your out
  19. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774630

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Here are my favourites. They are definitely not taken together nightly. I make different stacks out of them.

    1) IGF-2
    2) Lipotrophin-PM
    3) Somnidren-GH
    4) ZMK
    5) Relora
    6) Lean Xtreme
    7) Post Cycle Support
    8) (Suntheanine) L-Theanine

    Whatever stack I make out of these, I almost always add Green Tea Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Extract, Ashwagandha, and Grape Seed Extract to that stack.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  20. Senior Member
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    737

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Here are my favourites. They are definitely not taken together nightly. I make different stacks out of them.

    1) IGF-2
    2) Lipotrophin-PM
    3) Somnidren-GH
    4) ZMK
    5) Relora
    6) Lean Xtreme
    7) Post Cycle Support
    8) (Suntheanine) L-Theanine

    Whatever stack I make out of these, I almost always add Green Tea Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Extract, Ashwagandha, and Grape Seed Extract to that stack.
    How do you feel about recovery with IGF-2? I've read a few things here and there about how it brings a restful sleep, but I've never came around to try it out. It's been on my "to-do" list longer than any other supplement, oddly. Definitly has a real solid reputation.
    If you've had experience with Powerfull, how could you compare?
  21. Board Sponsor
    tattoopierced1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,228
    Rep Power
    8349

    Reputation

    if I know I need to get some good sleep, I'll take Lean Dreams, but I really dont take any night time supplements on a regular basis.
  22. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774630

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    How do you feel about recovery with IGF-2? I've read a few things here and there about how it brings a restful sleep, but I've never came around to try it out. It's been on my "to-do" list longer than any other supplement, oddly. Definitly has a real solid reputation.
    If you've had experience with Powerfull, how could you compare?
    1) IGF-2 is a rather potent and versatile blend with Safed Musli, Mucuna Pruriens, Rhodiola Rosea, and Dodder Seed. These compounds would deliver many results, including better recovery, via different pathways.

    Take Rhodiola Rosea, for instance. This agent, a prized adaptogen, would, on its own, ensure cAMP boosting, greater recovery and strength, enhanced ATP/phosphocreatine synthesis, improved endurance/cardiovascular support, improvements in growth hormone synthesis (via increased dopamine and serotonin), improvements in cognitive function, glucocorticoid antagonism, and elevated immune-system protection. Rhodiola Rosea definitely is an important compound for recovery.

    Take Mucuna Pruriens. The compound used in IGF-2 is standardized to 25% L-Dopa. Consequently, you should see improved growth hormone synthesis via optimized dopamine/serotonin levels (as you know, L-Dopa is converted to dopamine in the brain, leading to an inhibition of hypothalamic somatostatin secretion, then triggering higher growth-hormone-releasing hormone secretions, and finally producing higher growth-hormone secretions). Mucuna Pruriens also ensures modulation of muscle contractions (dopamine makes this possible), glucocorticoid antagonism, prolactin inhibition, appetite modulation (helps in blood-sugar metabolism), and so on, all important for recovery, amongst others.

    Now consider Dodder Seed. A high level of standardization was used in IGF-2 to ensure superior cAMP boosting, fat and thyroid syntheses, optimization of luteinizing hormone levels, and modulation of testosterone synthesis.

    Finally, consider Safed Musli. Only a handful of companies use this compound at all. And a much smaller number of companies use the particular level of extraction found in IGF-2. Including many other benefits, Safed Musli is known to dramatically modulate testosterone synthesis. Optimized testosterone levels produce many benefits, including, but not limited to, enhanced recovery.

    Now put all these compounds together and you have a rather potent blend that can deliver on multiple fronts, including enhanced recovery.

    2) You might want to use the current NutraPlanet/Applied Nutriceuticals IGF-2 promotion to finally update your to-do list . If you buy a bottle of IGF-2 in January 2008, you'll get a bottle of NeoVar completely free. A very attractive offer

    3) I have not used PowerFULL yet, so I cannot make a fair comparison versus IGF-2. Yet, PowerFULL has had a lot of great feedback, so it should be a solid product.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  23. Advanced Member
    SgtP's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    543
    Rep Power
    1447

    Reputation

    Melatonin by ON. take it every night. i have yet to wake up for no reason. thats it for right now.
  24. Senior Member
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    737

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    1) IGF-2 is a rather potent and versatile blend with Safed Musli, Mucuna Pruriens, Rhodiola Rosea, and Dodder Seed. These compounds would deliver many results, including better recovery, via different pathways.

    Take Rhodiola Rosea, for instance. This agent, a prized adaptogen, would, on its own, ensure cAMP boosting, greater recovery and strength, enhanced ATP/phosphocreatine synthesis, improved endurance/cardiovascular support, improvements in growth hormone synthesis (via increased dopamine and serotonin), improvements in cognitive function, glucocorticoid antagonism, and elevated immune-system protection. Rhodiola Rosea definitely is an important compound for recovery.

    Take Mucuna Pruriens. The compound used in IGF-2 is standardized to 25% L-Dopa. Consequently, you should see improved growth hormone synthesis via optimized dopamine/serotonin levels (as you know, L-Dopa is converted to dopamine in the brain, leading to an inhibition of hypothalamic somatostatin secretion, then triggering higher growth-hormone-releasing hormone secretions, and finally producing higher growth-hormone secretions). Mucuna Pruriens also ensures modulation of muscle contractions (dopamine makes this possible), glucocorticoid antagonism, prolactin inhibition, appetite modulation (helps in blood-sugar metabolism), and so on, all important for recovery, amongst others.

    Now consider Dodder Seed. A high level of standardization was used in IGF-2 to ensure superior cAMP boosting, fat and thyroid syntheses, optimization of luteinizing hormone levels, and modulation of testosterone synthesis.

    Finally, consider Safed Musli. Only a handful of companies use this compound at all. And a much smaller number of companies use the particular level of extraction found in IGF-2. Including many other benefits, Safed Musli is known to dramatically modulate testosterone synthesis. Optimized testosterone levels produce many benefits, including, but not limited to, enhanced recovery.

    Now put all these compounds together and you have a rather potent blend that can deliver on multiple fronts, including enhanced recovery.

    2) You might want to use the current NutraPlanet/Applied Nutriceuticals IGF-2 promotion to finally update your to-do list . If you buy a bottle of IGF-2 in January 2008, you'll get a bottle of NeoVar completely free. A very attractive offer

    3) I have not used PowerFULL yet, so I cannot make a fair comparison versus IGF-2. Yet, PowerFULL has had a lot of great feedback, so it should be a solid product.
    lol, above and beyond the call of duty(again)! Thanks man, I'm definitly going to be running it soon... sounds ideal for complementing my PCT stack(and beyond).
  25. Banned
    MuscleGuyinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,106
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Go with MST's ZMK and/or Somnidren-GH, and USPLabs PowerFULL.
  26. Senior Member
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    737

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGuyinNY View Post
    Go with MST's ZMK and/or Somnidren-GH, and USPLabs PowerFULL.
    Not going to want to take both Somnidren and Powerfull... overlapping ingredients. Both very effective, just choose one or the other.
  27. Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
    ugab37's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,013
    Rep Power
    612

    Reputation

    I LOVE our lipo-pm. Curently, Im just taking some valerian root, lipo-pm and a little trytophan when I cant sleep.
  28. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,523
    Rep Power
    41243

    Reputation

    I do 1.6g of bulk PureSap (1-Carboxy) and 2 caps of Nutraplanet's Zinc Magnesium Tryptophan 30 minutes pre bed. If I have something on my mind/done too much reading before bed, I'll take 3 mg melatonin.
  29. Banned
    MuscleGuyinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,106
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    Not going to want to take both Somnidren and Powerfull... overlapping ingredients. Both very effective, just choose one or the other.
    I wasn't suggesting taking both. They were seperate suggestions. I should've been more specific. Sorry.
  30. Advanced Member
    bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    490

    Reputation

    I've always loved my ZMA, cheap, and I seem to respond to it really well. I've got the Somnidren and ZMK in my shopping cart for when I run out, though.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.
  31. Senior Member
    freezito's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    26191

    Reputation

    powerfull, zmk,and camp
  32. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85508

    Reputation Reputation

    Somnidren is really catching my interest here!
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  33. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    its good stuff for sure. helps noticeably with doms too after the first couple days. I like that part, being a grumpy old bastard
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  34. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774630

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602;
    lol, above and beyond the call of duty(again)! Thanks man, I'm definitly going to be running it soon... sounds ideal for complementing my post cycle therapy stack(and beyond).
    Glad I could help! IGF-2 is truly worth every dime you invest in it. Let us know what you think when you use it
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  35. Senior Member
    TheNinja's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,028
    Rep Power
    603

    Reputation

    Currently nothing (I find I can't take ZMA close to my nightly milk/protein shake without making nasty toilet in the morning). I am very interested in Lipo-PM when I begin a more strict cutting in March.
    I never have problems sleeping though.
  36. New Member
    Kilo1636's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    128

    Reputation

    a couple questions here (may be stupid questions, but I have to ask to satisfy my personal curiosities)...

    1. ZMA/ZMK look very interesting to me but I am a huge believer in a nighttime protein shake (my fav is a whey shake with a cup of low-fat cottage cheese), but you obviously cannot do this with ZMA (b/c of the calcium). If I took one an hour before bedtime, and the other immediately before, would they still interfere? If not would it matter which order? Would anybody advocate using soy instead of whey before bed and skipping the cottage cheese (thus eliminating the calcium intake)?

    2. I only get about 6hrs of sleep per night. Ive never gotten more and I could easily get less. Due to my job (working late) and lifestyle (rising early), this is not something I can change. I am more than functional and refreshed with only 5-6hrs of sleep but everybody says you need to get atleast 7-8. Would taking something like ZMA allow me to get the benefits of 7-8hrs of sleep with 5-6, or would they just make me groggy with only 5-6hrs? (assuming I wasnt sleeping so deeply that I sleep through my alarm).
  37. New Member
    Eject's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    151

    Reputation

    I just do some ON 100% casien and a bit of Cottage Cheese
  38. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1373

    Reputation

    i use X-Dreams plus bulk 1Carboxy together. puts me out and i wake up with more energy then ever!
  39. Club Myth CEO
    TheMyth's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,122
    Rep Power
    2191

    Reputation

    1carboxy made me SOOOOOOOOOO sleepy, but it was also a struggle to get up!
  40. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37730

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo1636 View Post
    a couple questions here (may be stupid questions, but I have to ask to satisfy my personal curiosities)...

    1. ZMA/ZMK look very interesting to me but I am a huge believer in a nighttime protein shake (my fav is a whey shake with a cup of low-fat cottage cheese), but you obviously cannot do this with ZMA (b/c of the calcium). If I took one an hour before bedtime, and the other immediately before, would they still interfere? If not would it matter which order? Would anybody advocate using soy instead of whey before bed and skipping the cottage cheese (thus eliminating the calcium intake)?
    I'd take your ZMA an hour before, and eat a couple eggs or tune instead of the dairy proteins. Or eat your meal 2 hours before bed, and take ZMK just before bed.

    2. I only get about 6hrs of sleep per night. Ive never gotten more and I could easily get less. Due to my job (working late) and lifestyle (rising early), this is not something I can change. I am more than functional and refreshed with only 5-6hrs of sleep but everybody says you need to get atleast 7-8. Would taking something like ZMA allow me to get the benefits of 7-8hrs of sleep with 5-6, or would they just make me groggy with only 5-6hrs? (assuming I wasnt sleeping so deeply that I sleep through my alarm).
    I have a nearly identical situation, and ZMK doesn't make me groggy. Neither does Somnidren, though it's a bit tougher to get up. I feel they both maximise the amount of REM in my alotted sleep time.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 08:23 PM
  2. Who is more screwed and why ?
    By ReaperX in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 09:40 AM
  3. Night Time Supplements?
    By PCTechman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 04:44 PM
  4. Night Time Supplements?
    By PCTechman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:26 PM
  5. To those who have used Halodrol and HMAX
    By MuscleBound1337 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 06:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in