Night-Time Supplements: Who is using what and why?

1. O.G. Appnut
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Question Night-Time Supplements: Who is using what and why?

Curious here.... who uses a night-time product of any sort and why? Anything you can't live without?

Lipo-PM is one of my all-time favorite products , for a variety of reasons. What do YOU like?
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)

2. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I was hooked on PowerFull for a while, but I figured it was time to take a short break.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Answers

2 caps PowerFULL and 2 caps TNA, I sleep really deeply and wake gradually using this combo. Not something I'd use all the time but some nights when I need some extra rest.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Currently use Powerfull and MST's ZMK. Main use is for enhanced recovery. Not very interested in relaxation effects (audiobooks put me to sleep like a baby).

In the recent past have used:
    SomnidrenGH - Excellent product, you feel it the next day. Some knockout right after dosing, but I didn't get around to that response. Cool product, but I can't say I'd buy it again.
    Nocturnabol - lol.. gave it a shot since it packs a few sleep inducers.. Tryptophan/Melatonin (helped with resetting my sleep schedule after I stopped working nights).
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Mega Sleep Aid - cheap, and effective as hell.

Somnidren - expensive, and effective as hell. This stuff relaxes and puts me down, a keeps me out for a long sleep.

ZMK - meh on sleep, but oh-so-good for you.
  6. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

i've been digging on the somnidren-gh/zmk combo for a couple months now. I do like lipotrophin pm + zmk too.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Big fan of my powerfull and bolic, I throw a melatonin in there once in a great while. I might add green tea when my nutra order comes in
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

powerfull with ghrp6.
  9. Lift Heavy
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Answers

Powerfull for sure.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Magnesium
    Rhodiola
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Answers

I simply take my Multi ...assuming it'll aid in the nightime hormonal swing.....especially the additional zinc, magnesium and B6.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Muscle Milk
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

My nightly ritual:

A cup of roibos tea with 3 dropperfuls of lemon balm and 2 droppers of oatseed extract.

3 caps of reishi extract

1200 mg of calcium

500 mcg of melatonin

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz
  14. Club Myth CEO
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Answers

I'm a big fan of IGF-2 before bed, and most recently Somidren GH from MST, incredibel stuff, solid product!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

i take zmk, and regular zma when i run out of that, otherwise i cycle between melatonin and somnidren.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

How 'bout Nutra's Bulk Carboxy.. Anybody use that? And how are you dosing it?
  17. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

I'm using Lean dreams but I have some Lipo pm on the way..maybe a new favorite? I'm using the lean dreams for the cortisol.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Answers

SomnidrenGH

omg this stuff WORKS

put it in your lip lay in bed then BAM your out
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Here are my favourites. They are definitely not taken together nightly. I make different stacks out of them.

1) IGF-2
    2) Lipotrophin-PM
    3) Somnidren-GH
    4) ZMK
    5) Relora
    6) Lean Xtreme
    7) Post Cycle Support
    8) (Suntheanine) L-Theanine

Whatever stack I make out of these, I almost always add Green Tea Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Extract, Ashwagandha, and Grape Seed Extract to that stack.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Here are my favourites. They are definitely not taken together nightly. I make different stacks out of them.

1) IGF-2
    2) Lipotrophin-PM
    3) Somnidren-GH
    4) ZMK
    5) Relora
    6) Lean Xtreme
    7) Post Cycle Support
    8) (Suntheanine) L-Theanine

Whatever stack I make out of these, I almost always add Green Tea Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Extract, Ashwagandha, and Grape Seed Extract to that stack.
    How do you feel about recovery with IGF-2? I've read a few things here and there about how it brings a restful sleep, but I've never came around to try it out. It's been on my "to-do" list longer than any other supplement, oddly. Definitly has a real solid reputation.
    If you've had experience with Powerfull, how could you compare?
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

if I know I need to get some good sleep, I'll take Lean Dreams, but I really dont take any night time supplements on a regular basis.
  22. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    How do you feel about recovery with IGF-2? I've read a few things here and there about how it brings a restful sleep, but I've never came around to try it out. It's been on my "to-do" list longer than any other supplement, oddly. Definitly has a real solid reputation.
    If you've had experience with Powerfull, how could you compare?
    1) IGF-2 is a rather potent and versatile blend with Safed Musli, Mucuna Pruriens, Rhodiola Rosea, and Dodder Seed. These compounds would deliver many results, including better recovery, via different pathways.

Take Rhodiola Rosea, for instance. This agent, a prized adaptogen, would, on its own, ensure cAMP boosting, greater recovery and strength, enhanced ATP/phosphocreatine synthesis, improved endurance/cardiovascular support, improvements in growth hormone synthesis (via increased dopamine and serotonin), improvements in cognitive function, glucocorticoid antagonism, and elevated immune-system protection. Rhodiola Rosea definitely is an important compound for recovery.

Take Mucuna Pruriens. The compound used in IGF-2 is standardized to 25% L-Dopa. Consequently, you should see improved growth hormone synthesis via optimized dopamine/serotonin levels (as you know, L-Dopa is converted to dopamine in the brain, leading to an inhibition of hypothalamic somatostatin secretion, then triggering higher growth-hormone-releasing hormone secretions, and finally producing higher growth-hormone secretions). Mucuna Pruriens also ensures modulation of muscle contractions (dopamine makes this possible), glucocorticoid antagonism, prolactin inhibition, appetite modulation (helps in blood-sugar metabolism), and so on, all important for recovery, amongst others.

Now consider Dodder Seed. A high level of standardization was used in IGF-2 to ensure superior cAMP boosting, fat and thyroid syntheses, optimization of luteinizing hormone levels, and modulation of testosterone synthesis.

Finally, consider Safed Musli. Only a handful of companies use this compound at all. And a much smaller number of companies use the particular level of extraction found in IGF-2. Including many other benefits, Safed Musli is known to dramatically modulate testosterone synthesis. Optimized testosterone levels produce many benefits, including, but not limited to, enhanced recovery.

Now put all these compounds together and you have a rather potent blend that can deliver on multiple fronts, including enhanced recovery.

2) You might want to use the current NutraPlanet/Applied Nutriceuticals IGF-2 promotion to finally update your to-do list . If you buy a bottle of IGF-2 in January 2008, you'll get a bottle of NeoVar completely free. A very attractive offer

3) I have not used PowerFULL yet, so I cannot make a fair comparison versus IGF-2. Yet, PowerFULL has had a lot of great feedback, so it should be a solid product.
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Melatonin by ON. take it every night. i have yet to wake up for no reason. thats it for right now.
  24. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    1) IGF-2 is a rather potent and versatile blend with Safed Musli, Mucuna Pruriens, Rhodiola Rosea, and Dodder Seed. These compounds would deliver many results, including better recovery, via different pathways.

Take Rhodiola Rosea, for instance. This agent, a prized adaptogen, would, on its own, ensure cAMP boosting, greater recovery and strength, enhanced ATP/phosphocreatine synthesis, improved endurance/cardiovascular support, improvements in growth hormone synthesis (via increased dopamine and serotonin), improvements in cognitive function, glucocorticoid antagonism, and elevated immune-system protection. Rhodiola Rosea definitely is an important compound for recovery.

Take Mucuna Pruriens. The compound used in IGF-2 is standardized to 25% L-Dopa. Consequently, you should see improved growth hormone synthesis via optimized dopamine/serotonin levels (as you know, L-Dopa is converted to dopamine in the brain, leading to an inhibition of hypothalamic somatostatin secretion, then triggering higher growth-hormone-releasing hormone secretions, and finally producing higher growth-hormone secretions). Mucuna Pruriens also ensures modulation of muscle contractions (dopamine makes this possible), glucocorticoid antagonism, prolactin inhibition, appetite modulation (helps in blood-sugar metabolism), and so on, all important for recovery, amongst others.

Now consider Dodder Seed. A high level of standardization was used in IGF-2 to ensure superior cAMP boosting, fat and thyroid syntheses, optimization of luteinizing hormone levels, and modulation of testosterone synthesis.

Finally, consider Safed Musli. Only a handful of companies use this compound at all. And a much smaller number of companies use the particular level of extraction found in IGF-2. Including many other benefits, Safed Musli is known to dramatically modulate testosterone synthesis. Optimized testosterone levels produce many benefits, including, but not limited to, enhanced recovery.

Now put all these compounds together and you have a rather potent blend that can deliver on multiple fronts, including enhanced recovery.

2) You might want to use the current NutraPlanet/Applied Nutriceuticals IGF-2 promotion to finally update your to-do list . If you buy a bottle of IGF-2 in January 2008, you'll get a bottle of NeoVar completely free. A very attractive offer

3) I have not used PowerFULL yet, so I cannot make a fair comparison versus IGF-2. Yet, PowerFULL has had a lot of great feedback, so it should be a solid product.
    lol, above and beyond the call of duty(again)! Thanks man, I'm definitly going to be running it soon... sounds ideal for complementing my PCT stack(and beyond).
  25. Banned
    Answers

Go with MST's ZMK and/or Somnidren-GH, and USPLabs PowerFULL.
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGuyinNY View Post
    Go with MST's ZMK and/or Somnidren-GH, and USPLabs PowerFULL.
    Not going to want to take both Somnidren and Powerfull... overlapping ingredients. Both very effective, just choose one or the other.
  27. Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'1"  238 lbs.
    Answers

I LOVE our lipo-pm. Curently, Im just taking some valerian root, lipo-pm and a little trytophan when I cant sleep.
  28. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

I do 1.6g of bulk PureSap (1-Carboxy) and 2 caps of Nutraplanet's Zinc Magnesium Tryptophan 30 minutes pre bed. If I have something on my mind/done too much reading before bed, I'll take 3 mg melatonin.
  29. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    Not going to want to take both Somnidren and Powerfull... overlapping ingredients. Both very effective, just choose one or the other.
    I wasn't suggesting taking both. They were seperate suggestions. I should've been more specific. Sorry.
  30. Registered User
    Answers

I've always loved my ZMA, cheap, and I seem to respond to it really well. I've got the Somnidren and ZMK in my shopping cart for when I run out, though.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Answers

powerfull, zmk,and camp
  32. O.G. Appnut
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Somnidren is really catching my interest here!
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  33. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

its good stuff for sure. helps noticeably with doms too after the first couple days. I like that part, being a grumpy old bastard
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  34. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602;
    lol, above and beyond the call of duty(again)! Thanks man, I'm definitly going to be running it soon... sounds ideal for complementing my post cycle therapy stack(and beyond).
    Glad I could help! IGF-2 is truly worth every dime you invest in it. Let us know what you think when you use it
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Currently nothing (I find I can't take ZMA close to my nightly milk/protein shake without making nasty toilet in the morning). I am very interested in Lipo-PM when I begin a more strict cutting in March.
    I never have problems sleeping though.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Answers

a couple questions here (may be stupid questions, but I have to ask to satisfy my personal curiosities)...

1. ZMA/ZMK look very interesting to me but I am a huge believer in a nighttime protein shake (my fav is a whey shake with a cup of low-fat cottage cheese), but you obviously cannot do this with ZMA (b/c of the calcium). If I took one an hour before bedtime, and the other immediately before, would they still interfere? If not would it matter which order? Would anybody advocate using soy instead of whey before bed and skipping the cottage cheese (thus eliminating the calcium intake)?

2. I only get about 6hrs of sleep per night. Ive never gotten more and I could easily get less. Due to my job (working late) and lifestyle (rising early), this is not something I can change. I am more than functional and refreshed with only 5-6hrs of sleep but everybody says you need to get atleast 7-8. Would taking something like ZMA allow me to get the benefits of 7-8hrs of sleep with 5-6, or would they just make me groggy with only 5-6hrs? (assuming I wasnt sleeping so deeply that I sleep through my alarm).
  37. Registered User
    Answers

I just do some ON 100% casien and a bit of Cottage Cheese
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

i use X-Dreams plus bulk 1Carboxy together. puts me out and i wake up with more energy then ever!
  39. Club Myth CEO
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Answers

1carboxy made me SOOOOOOOOOO sleepy, but it was also a struggle to get up!
  40. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo1636 View Post
    a couple questions here (may be stupid questions, but I have to ask to satisfy my personal curiosities)...

1. ZMA/ZMK look very interesting to me but I am a huge believer in a nighttime protein shake (my fav is a whey shake with a cup of low-fat cottage cheese), but you obviously cannot do this with ZMA (b/c of the calcium). If I took one an hour before bedtime, and the other immediately before, would they still interfere? If not would it matter which order? Would anybody advocate using soy instead of whey before bed and skipping the cottage cheese (thus eliminating the calcium intake)?
    I'd take your ZMA an hour before, and eat a couple eggs or tune instead of the dairy proteins. Or eat your meal 2 hours before bed, and take ZMK just before bed.

2. I only get about 6hrs of sleep per night. Ive never gotten more and I could easily get less. Due to my job (working late) and lifestyle (rising early), this is not something I can change. I am more than functional and refreshed with only 5-6hrs of sleep but everybody says you need to get atleast 7-8. Would taking something like ZMA allow me to get the benefits of 7-8hrs of sleep with 5-6, or would they just make me groggy with only 5-6hrs? (assuming I wasnt sleeping so deeply that I sleep through my alarm).
    I have a nearly identical situation, and ZMK doesn't make me groggy. Neither does Somnidren, though it's a bit tougher to get up. I feel they both maximise the amount of REM in my alotted sleep time.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 08:23 PM
  2. Who is more screwed and why ?
    By ReaperX in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 09:40 AM
  3. Night Time Supplements?
    By PCTechman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 04:44 PM