Night-Time Supplements: Who is using what and why?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Somnidren is really catching my interest here!
    •   

2. its good stuff for sure. helps noticeably with doms too after the first couple days. I like that part, being a grumpy old bastard

3. Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602;
    lol, above and beyond the call of duty(again)! Thanks man, I'm definitly going to be running it soon... sounds ideal for complementing my post cycle therapy stack(and beyond).
    Glad I could help! IGF-2 is truly worth every dime you invest in it. Let us know what you think when you use it
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

4. Currently nothing (I find I can't take ZMA close to my nightly milk/protein shake without making nasty toilet in the morning). I am very interested in Lipo-PM when I begin a more strict cutting in March.
    I never have problems sleeping though.
    •   

5. a couple questions here (may be stupid questions, but I have to ask to satisfy my personal curiosities)...

1. ZMA/ZMK look very interesting to me but I am a huge believer in a nighttime protein shake (my fav is a whey shake with a cup of low-fat cottage cheese), but you obviously cannot do this with ZMA (b/c of the calcium). If I took one an hour before bedtime, and the other immediately before, would they still interfere? If not would it matter which order? Would anybody advocate using soy instead of whey before bed and skipping the cottage cheese (thus eliminating the calcium intake)?

2. I only get about 6hrs of sleep per night. Ive never gotten more and I could easily get less. Due to my job (working late) and lifestyle (rising early), this is not something I can change. I am more than functional and refreshed with only 5-6hrs of sleep but everybody says you need to get atleast 7-8. Would taking something like ZMA allow me to get the benefits of 7-8hrs of sleep with 5-6, or would they just make me groggy with only 5-6hrs? (assuming I wasnt sleeping so deeply that I sleep through my alarm).

6. I just do some ON 100% casien and a bit of Cottage Cheese

7. i use X-Dreams plus bulk 1Carboxy together. puts me out and i wake up with more energy then ever!

8. 1carboxy made me SOOOOOOOOOO sleepy, but it was also a struggle to get up!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kilo1636 View Post
    a couple questions here (may be stupid questions, but I have to ask to satisfy my personal curiosities)...

1. ZMA/ZMK look very interesting to me but I am a huge believer in a nighttime protein shake (my fav is a whey shake with a cup of low-fat cottage cheese), but you obviously cannot do this with ZMA (b/c of the calcium). If I took one an hour before bedtime, and the other immediately before, would they still interfere? If not would it matter which order? Would anybody advocate using soy instead of whey before bed and skipping the cottage cheese (thus eliminating the calcium intake)?
    I'd take your ZMA an hour before, and eat a couple eggs or tune instead of the dairy proteins. Or eat your meal 2 hours before bed, and take ZMK just before bed.

2. I only get about 6hrs of sleep per night. Ive never gotten more and I could easily get less. Due to my job (working late) and lifestyle (rising early), this is not something I can change. I am more than functional and refreshed with only 5-6hrs of sleep but everybody says you need to get atleast 7-8. Would taking something like ZMA allow me to get the benefits of 7-8hrs of sleep with 5-6, or would they just make me groggy with only 5-6hrs? (assuming I wasnt sleeping so deeply that I sleep through my alarm).
    I have a nearly identical situation, and ZMK doesn't make me groggy. Neither does Somnidren, though it's a bit tougher to get up. I feel they both maximise the amount of REM in my alotted sleep time.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 09:23 PM
  2. Who is more screwed and why ?
    By ReaperX in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 10:40 AM
  3. Night Time Supplements?
    By PCTechman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 05:44 PM