Supplements for Sprinter

DaveL2430

Awards
I am a Division 1 400m sprinter. I have been looking into supplements to help myself with recovery and strength. I've pulled my hamstring 3 times in the past year, mostly I'm assuming due to overtraining, thus I am trying to strengthen my hamstrings. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what supplements a 200/400/500 meter sprinter should take?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Search, there are several recent threads about this. Clout, RPM/Drive seem to be the consensus.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beta-Alanine is suppose to help increase your lactate threshold, and buffers H+ ions, which equates to you being able to hold top speed longer.

Creatine Mono, increased ATP, explosiveness.

Those two have research to back up it's performance benefits.

That said, I'm a huge fan of DRIVE/RPM also. I don't think DRIVE/RPM will directly effect the race with as much prevalence as Creatine Mono and Beta-Alanine would, but the DRIVE/RPM would have a greater effect in enhancing and creating greater gains from your training.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Beta-Alanine is suppose to help increase your lactate threshold, and buffers H+ ions, which equates to you being able to hold top speed longer.

Creatine Mono, increased ATP, explosiveness.

Those two have research to back up it's performance benefits.

That said, I'm a huge fan of DRIVE/RPM also. I don't think DRIVE/RPM will directly effect the race with as much prevalence as Creatine Mono and Beta-Alanine would, but the DRIVE/RPM would have a greater effect in enhancing and creating greater gains from your training.
Good suggestions here and I think someone in one of those other threads suggested Poseiden, which seems like a good bet for hydration and recovery.

I was a DI Pole Vaulter and can tell you the biggest mistakes I made were not getting enough whole food proteins, not starting CM before my junior year, and not getting enough sleep. Oh, and partying too much in the off-season. I didn't drink much during the season, but I'm sure my autumn conditioning was hampered by a bit too much partying! That's my 2 cents. Good luck this season!

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would recommend SuperCissus RX for your hamstring problems -- it could help.

brettly

Awards
Ya i would say Cissus as well with regards to your hammy

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1) Drive/RPM/Beta-Alanine/Citrulline Malate for focus, energy, endurance, strength, recovery.
2) Osteobolin-C for maintenance of tendon, ligament, and joint integrity.