Help with stack? (15 year old gonna get big)

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
Ok so right now this is what i have. I was wondering what you guys would recommend i add or remove.

Supplements:
l-glutamine (GNC Brand)
Cellucor m5
Multi-Vitamin (Centrium)
Whey Protein 23g a serving

I was thinking about p6 but how do you think that would be for me, i am 15, i am just trying to gain some mass and lean out for football so i can be quick and powerful a six pack would be nice :p

My Scedule: Off Days

6 a.m.
Bowl Of Cereal (raisin brain or life)
One Scoop of protein w/ milk
l-glutamine 2g.
Multi-vitamin
Half Scoop of Cellucor M5

12 a.m. (terrible i know it's my lunch time)
Turkey Sandwich On Whole wheat
Yogurt
Choice of Fruit or somthing else.

5 p.m. (after football cardio days)
2 whole eggs about 3 egg whites.
whole wheat bread
Protein (1 scoop)

10p.m. Before Bed
Whey Protein 1 scoop
L-glutamine 2g

Also:
Lots of water trought day

One workout days: M W F
Everything is the same except i take 1 scoop cellucor before my workout.

My BF% is around 18% i think i will get a picture maybe today or tomorrow i could take one now but it would be with a cellphone which sucks so i will wait for my sister to get home with the camera.

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty good. Not sure about the creatine at 15 but, just be careful. Make sure you're getting a solid 7-9 hours of sleep every night, very important. What is your macro nutrient breakdown? Aim for 200g of protien, 200g of healthy carbs, and 75-100g healthy fat. Increase as needed.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ya i kno i am working on getting my sleep back on track christmas messed me up.

lol i don't even kno what you mean by macro nutrient breakdown, but i just took some pics with my cell phone there bad but they will give you an idea what i am building from, i would like to get some better quality pics and different flexes later i will have my sis take the pics :p

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
I will have new photos later, it's just all i could take by myself with my cell phone camera, i will use a good camera, later today or tomorrow.

relaxed i need to loose that fat and build the muscle.

i weighed my self on this digital scale with body fat ration thing and today it said after i eat and stuff 164.6 with 21% body fat somthing like that.

one other thing, what do you think about cellucor p6 with my stack?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just from glancing quickly at your overall plan it seems to be a bit low in calories, but you can figure your calories out. I would say try and get about 1-1.5g of protein per pound, and aim for around 75g of the healthy fats. The rest of your calories should come from healthy carbs. I would also suggest you try and squeeze in some snacks between those meals, it is better to eat two smaller meals than one big one as you know. It doesn`t have to be anything fancy, honestly some chicken breast in a ziploc with an apple and some almonds has kept me going in the past. Or think about making shakes that you can sip on in class.

As for things to add, I highly suggest getting some fish oil. Just take 2 caps 3x daily. I can`t say enough good things about fish oil. Also since you already have the glutamine you can use it up, but I would say save your money in the future, it just isn`t needed in my opinion. My other staples suggestions are creatine which you got covered, and you might be interested in some beta-alanine powder. But I`d say make sure you got your diet and training right, spend some serious time figuring it all out then worry about all the extra supplements :)

Good luck getting that six pack!

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
allright thanks man, the problem is i am in high school and i dont know when i could squeeze in another meal, i mean maybe i could try and eat in study hall or somthing 2nd period which is around 9a.m. but i dont have that untill next semester, actually i could probably do somthing liek that but i gotta wait a week or so untill that will work.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hell, you need to eat more than just 200 grams of CARBS at your age! Eat big, eat lean, eat smart.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
i know but i want to be lean to and with the carbs it wont help but give me more fat.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Seriously bro, read up on the nutrition. You're missing key points. CARBS will not make you fat if eaten correctly... but what do I know, eh?
i know but i want to be lean to and with the carbs it wont help but give me more fat.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Seriously bro, read up on the nutrition. You're missing key points. CARBS will not make you fat if eaten correctly... but what do I know, eh?
lol yup matt just totally knows "nothing"

A lot of people get the misconception of carbs = fat. The whole idea of that is somewhat true yes, but it depends what kind of carbs your taking in.

For instance, you can take in 300g of carbs from things like banana and candy and end up getting all the fat.

If you take however something like 80g of complex carbs in the morning, such as whole wheat bread and oats you are more likely to keep the fat gains to a minimum. In the quest for mass, time is needed. I gave myself a year to bulk and the cut. Its been 6 months, Ive gained some nice mass but im still not happy!

Try to keep your carbs to complex carbs. Things like oats, whole wheat bread whole wheat bagels, are a MUST for gaining mass.

Keeping your diet 60% protien and 20 percent carbs and fats isnt going to make you big. It will make you weak!!!! Try the idea of complex carbs in the morning, try to refrain from taking any other type of carbs besides complex and watch the carbs after 5 PM. You'll find that the carbs in the morning will provide the energy you need, throughout the day as well as at the gym.

I know that if I dont get enough carbs in the morning, my workout will suffer in terms of energy. So take matts advice and eat up on the complex carbs.

Rumpnuts

Rumpnuts

Awards
How much time do you have in between classes?... I had around 3-4 minutes back in my days in highschool, that sounds like ample time to munch or chug somthing quick down. Just be prepaired to bring quick meals with you every day and have it wating for you in your locker between classes.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
i remember back in highschool, id pack some protein shakes, bars, meal replacements, or cans of tuna and the such to eat in the beginning of 3rd or 4th period every day(block scheduling) in order to keep my meals 2-3 hours apart.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
i wasn't saying you didn't know anything, i just thought if i had my carbs being used as energy i would never have fat being used for energy.

i have like 3min in between classes but it would be really hard to end up eating somthing then, but i could maybe get some protein bars and stuff so that i could try and eat before a few classes.

so what would be a good amount of calories, fats, carbs, and proteins for my weight?

How should i do this should i just bulk a lot then lean?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i wasn't saying you didn't know anything, i just thought if i had my carbs being used as energy i would never have fat being used for energy.

i have like 3min in between classes but it would be really hard to end up eating somthing then, but i could maybe get some protein bars and stuff so that i could try and eat before a few classes.

so what would be a good amount of calories, fats, carbs, and proteins for my weight?

How should i do this should i just bulk a lot then lean?
thats the idea. I think bulking is the fastest way to put on mass. Keep your calories at a 40/40/20 split.(protiens,carbs,fats)

Make sure the fats are healthy fats and the carbs are healthy and complex carbs. Don't overdo the protien. I dont know why people get the impression more protien = more mass. More cals = more mass. Also I will help you determine approx. how many calories you need. Take your weight and multiply it for 15. For me lets say 212x15= 3180

That is my calorie intake that I would need to maintain my weight. That is basically the general idea. Of course, the number may be higher or lower than 15.

The goal is to increase the calories by 500. When you start to bulk add on 100 extra calories per day.

So for me it would be 3300 calories to start for like a week. Each week add an extra 100 calories. Week two I would try 3400. At this point you should pay careful attention to your weight and the mirror. Too much fat isnt good just make sure in the mirror and on the scale. You should be able to add 1 pound per week. (not muscle wise but in general)

If fat gains are about 2-3 pounds per week try to slow down the calories. Thats basically the whole idea to bulking. Adjust until you get around 500+ over what your body needs for growth. Don't overdo it either. Over eatting can lead to fat gains so keep that in mind. Too little can lead to loss of fat with muscle. Keep this up for 5-6 months and you'll be much happier with your frame size. You can cut if you'd like afterwards but if you ask me, Id bulk for like 1 - 1 1/2 a year before I would cut. :lol:

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
allright sounds like a plan but would it matter if i got all those calories over 4 meals? also i weigh about 166

And for the cut i am guessing just cut those calories down so like lower then the maintene so 166x15=2490 so for my cut each week drop liek 100 carlories or more? i think i may bulk about 3 months and from there see how i am then maybe cut or keep bulking, i will get some progress pics every week or two to give you guys some ideas how it works also i will get some better start pics and stuff tomorrow.

One thing though i dont know what you mean by 40/40/20

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
allright sounds like a plan but would it matter if i got all those calories over 4 meals? also i weigh about 166

And for the cut i am guessing just cut those calories down so like lower then the maintene so 166x15=2490 so for my cut each week drop liek 100 carlories or more? i think i may bulk about 3 months and from there see how i am then maybe cut or keep bulking, i will get some progress pics every week or two to give you guys some ideas how it works also i will get some better start pics and stuff tomorrow.

One thing though i dont know what you mean by 40/40/20
40/40/20 split of macros. If you need 3000 calories to maintain your weight and your bulking your at 3500. 40% of those calories would go for protiens. 1 Gram of protien = 4 calories. Keep that in mind. 1 gram of carb = 4 calories. 1 gram of fat = 9 calories.

3500 x .4(40%) = 1400 calories in protiens (WHOLE FOODS DONT TRY TO GET ALL YOUR PROTIEN IN PROTIEN SHAKES!)

3500 x .4(40%) = 1400 calories in COMPLEX carbs

3500 x .x(20%) = 700 calories in healthy fats. Nuts, NATTY peanut butter (not skippys :lol: I tried it and boy does that put fat on you. :lol:)

1400+1400+700 = 3500 calories. Its your breakdown of protien fats and carbs. Bulk longer than 4 months. It takes at least 4 months to start seeing some decent size. Ill show you my bulking pics.

Im kinda tall, so the add in weight wasnt that impressive. Im 6'0 and its kinda hard to add mass onto my frame because of my height. My buddy at 5'8 managed to add less mass on him and look that size within 3-4 months. It kinda depends on your height .

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
And for the cut i am guessing just cut those calories down so like lower then the maintene so 166x15=2490 so for my cut each week drop liek 100 carlories or more?
don't worry about cutting right now. Just stick with the bulking. :lol:

Yes you do lose your abs, but if you clean lean bulk it, you will stay fairly lean while bulking. Cutting is similar to bulking. Just dont cut too fast or you'll start to shed all the hard earned muscle you worked for.

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
go buy cell-tech hardcore. it will lean you out while putting on 15-20 pounds of muscle!

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ok sounds good i will probably be good i am gonna miss my 2 pack sometimes 4 pack on some days its weird i have it some days a lot more then others.

but i was wondering should i even bulk long, because i wanna be more ripped defined and kinda big you kno what i mean?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/images/2007/lukek_sm1.jpg <somthing like that but maybe a little bigger.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
ok sounds good i will probably be good i am gonna miss my 2 pack sometimes 4 pack on some days its weird i have it some days a lot more then others.

but i was wondering should i even bulk long, because i wanna be more ripped defined and kinda big you kno what i mean?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/images/2007/lukek_sm1.jpg <somthing like that but maybe a little bigger.
that takes time. If you think you can get to a reasonable size and not eat, then your sadly mistaken.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ya i see what your saying ok time to bulk!

what is that guy takling about the cell-tech hardcore.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
First thing I would recommend is to start loving you some meat and potatoes.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I hope that cereal you eat for breakfast is not "sugar enriched honey coated coffee pops".

Back a water bottle with protein powder in the bottom, add 8oz of water on your way to class you can easy slam that in about 10 seconds. Can you drink in class? Water? Milk? Protein shakes?

Don't worry to much about fat from carbs, your metabolism is gunning right now, you can adjust stuff over time as you get more experienced, just watch what you eat and watch how it effects your workouts, if your workouts suffer, up the cals, if you find extra cals not giving you any gains or endurance, cut em. If you are hungry, while consuming balanced meals you are not eating enough.

It takes time to learn to listen to your body, but you constantly get better and it will always drive you further.

Right now you are young and building a solid base for the future, I wish I was interested in nutrition when I was young.

jwecker

Awards
I know you already said you agree, but my 2c- don't try to bulk and lean at the same time. Focus on building muscle. Eat good whole foods when you can- vegetables, beef, etc.- work like crazy and then let yourself heal.

Once you've bulked, the extra muscle takes more calories for your body to maintain and it'll be much easier to cut later.

Just whatever you do- don't eat sugar/processed foods! That stuff you won't work off so easily. Tons of carbs on heavy lifting/training days- but good carbs- veggies and whole grains etc.

Yeah, the advice isn't nearly as sexy as a nice stack, but trust this board man- it'll give you better results than anything, and at your age probably habits that'll allow you to keep them your whole life.

Good luck dude.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
I hope that cereal you eat for breakfast is not "sugar enriched honey coated coffee pops".

Back a water bottle with protein powder in the bottom, add 8oz of water on your way to class you can easy slam that in about 10 seconds. Can you drink in class? Water? Milk? Protein shakes?

Don't worry to much about fat from carbs, your metabolism is gunning right now, you can adjust stuff over time as you get more experienced, just watch what you eat and watch how it effects your workouts, if your workouts suffer, up the cals, if you find extra cals not giving you any gains or endurance, cut em. If you are hungry, while consuming balanced meals you are not eating enough.

It takes time to learn to listen to your body, but you constantly get better and it will always drive you further.

Right now you are young and building a solid base for the future, I wish I was interested in nutrition when I was young.
it might be but i am getting some plain cherrie o's.

good idea i will just put some protein in a water bottle then there is a few classes were i could go out fill it up drink it and or eat a protein bar.

what do you guys think about hydroxy cut when i am trying to cut in the future?

I know you already said you agree, but my 2c- don't try to bulk and lean at the same time. Focus on building muscle. Eat good whole foods when you can- vegetables, beef, etc.- work like crazy and then let yourself heal.

Once you've bulked, the extra muscle takes more calories for your body to maintain and it'll be much easier to cut later.

Just whatever you do- don't eat sugar/processed foods! That stuff you won't work off so easily. Tons of carbs on heavy lifting/training days- but good carbs- veggies and whole grains etc.

Yeah, the advice isn't nearly as sexy as a nice stack, but trust this board man- it'll give you better results than anything, and at your age probably habits that'll allow you to keep them your whole life.

Good luck dude.

time to stock up on some meat and vegtables in the freezer. planing on making some chicken breast today.

ecko223

ecko223

Awards
I wouldn't recommend any fat burners at your age. Most fat burners such as Hydroxycut contain alot of caffeine and can have a negative effect on people under 18(especially if they're sensitive to it). For cutting I'd recommend doing cardio and High rep low weight training.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
it might be but i am getting some plain cherrie o's.

good idea i will just put some protein in a water bottle then there is a few classes were i could go out fill it up drink it and or eat a protein bar.

what do you guys think about hydroxy cut when i am trying to cut in the future?

time to stock up on some meat and vegtables in the freezer. planing on making some chicken breast today.
idk about cheerios, but a good cereal that i enjoy is flax plus.

swanee609

swanee609

Awards
ur diet looks good..how many days are you lifting? im 16 so im in the same boat as u..what ur maxs? bench squad DL?

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ur diet looks good..how many days are you lifting? im 16 so im in the same boat as u..what ur maxs? bench squad DL?
its hard for me to get more food then that but i try, i will be 16 in march, i lift 3 days a week and do cardio 2 days like jump rope, box jumping, band related workouts, it's hard to get like 2 much running in cuz my new dumbass school doesn't have tredmills but i guess i have to do what i do, cuz i dont wanna run out in the snow but once it is nice out again i will. Write now i am pretty much lifting for football its like a conditiong thing but i go trhough what we have to do then i stay longer and work out, but my max's aren't to good but.

Flat Bench 185x1 <Sucks!
Squats embarrased on this one because i like didn't train my legs much because the would be tired for running but now i have to for football but 225x3
Deadlift i am not sure about my max how about urs?

nelix

Awards
  • Established
its hard for me to get more food then that but i try, i will be 16 in march, i lift 3 days a week and do cardio 2 days like jump rope, box jumping, band related workouts, it's hard to get like 2 much running in cuz my new dumbass school doesn't have tredmills but i guess i have to do what i do, cuz i dont wanna run out in the snow but once it is nice out again i will. Write now i am pretty much lifting for football its like a conditiong thing but i go trhough what we have to do then i stay longer and work out, but my max's aren't to good but.

Flat Bench 185x1 <Sucks!
Squats embarrased on this one because i like didn't train my legs much because the would be tired for running but now i have to for football but 225x3
Dump the cereal boxes and get a huge bag of oats, they are literally dirt cheap.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ya we have some oats, right now but i didn't kno they sold bags of them lol but i will use what we have, but one problem is or microwave is broke and we dont have a new one and i dont kno when we are getting one an i guess i will just put some in a bowl eat them cold maybe through in a scoop of protein, how does that sound?

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
Seriously, raw oats in skim milk with some Splenda is pretty tasty, at least in my opinion. Another thing you could try, although I'm not sure it would be good by the bowl, is toasting them.

I just put a bunch in a big pan on low heat and stir them around until they're a golden brown color. They smell great and get crunchy. It's almost like a nutty flavor, and I like to mix them in with yogurt.

swanee609

swanee609

Awards

Flat Bench 185x1 <Sucks!
last time i did a meet(some powerlift thing that my school had) i did a dl of 315 and squated 260<have a bad squat ha i hate squating i benched 200 in that(that was like last year). but right now my bench is up to 245 and i ahve not did max squat and dl since that so i would say they prob still around the same bc i have not been hitin the legs as hard.

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
I take my oats (steel cut) and throw them in a coffee grinder and powder them, then just throw in with my protein shake.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
both good ideas with the oats,

those are really good man how long you been lifting?

for me not a year yet so i am little behind, it's almost a year in april.

swanee609

swanee609

Awards
i started lifting freshman year never lifted before that

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
thats sweet you seem big now from what i can c in u avatar.