Haven't worked out in 6 months... What should I take?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  178 lbs.

Exclamation Haven't worked out in 6 months... What should I take?

I haven't worked out in 6 months and I went to the gym for the first time yesterday... My body is hurting so bad and I didn't even do much of a workout... I'm also very weak. Are there any supplements I can take to help me recover and also help me get some strength back... I'm not expecting drastic changes overnight but maybe just something to help me get back into the swing of things...

2. Registered User

xtend, creatine mono, whey
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  178 lbs.

how long should I stay on the mono?

I have some ON 100%whey and I've been taking xtend
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.

unless u want to retain a lot of water and have volcanic diarrhia eruptions stay away from the mono and use an ethyl esther or a kreakylyn. I have been using ALR's Ngorge and have been lovin it!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mooch2321 View Post
    unless u want to retain a lot of water and have volcanic diarrhia eruptions stay away from the mono and use an ethyl esther or a kreakylyn. I have been using ALR's Ngorge and have been lovin it!
    never happened to me. get some micronized creatine mono and you will be fine.
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mooch2321 View Post
    What a terrible statement. Not everyone gets diarrhea or bloated from creatine monohydrate.
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gsrhtch View Post
    never happened to me. get some micronized creatine mono and you will be fine.
    Right on. Creatine starts to decay into creatinine immediately if not encapsulated (micronized), meaning that it doesn't have much of a shelf life. Creatinine is what causes the problem because the body recognizes it as a chemical waste product and immediately tries to rid itself of it.
  8. Registered User

creatine mono gives me gnarly muscle cramps in my legs
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    Right on. Creatine starts to decay into creatinine immediately if not encapsulated (micronized), meaning that it doesn't have much of a shelf life.
    I'm a little confused about what you're saying here. Mainly on the correlation between encapsulated and micronized. Care to explain?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

"you need bricks to build a brick house" sooo get some bricks, drink more water, take BCAA, EFA, quick absorbing protein pre and post WO. the bottom line is that there is no easy answer here, you are going to hurt and the things you need now are the same things you are always going to need. I would eat everything possible for a bit possibly 1-2 months before i got into performance enhancing supps, your tendons, ligaments and metabolism have alot of work to do.....
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfDan5 View Post
    I haven't worked out in 6 months and I went to the gym for the first time yesterday... My body is hurting so bad and I didn't even do much of a workout... I'm also very weak. Are there any supplements I can take to help me recover and also help me get some strength back... I'm not expecting drastic changes overnight but maybe just something to help me get back into the swing of things...
    Have you logged how much you're eating? How often are you eating? Probably want to eat 5-6 times a day and eat at least 500cals over maintenance.

Somewhere around a gram of protien per pount. EAA/BCAA pre/during/post workout. Need a massive PWO shake, lots good protien, lots good carbs, good fats. Possibly a slow release protien, casien, before bed or at least some more xtend before bed.

23 years old? Fish Oil is something I usually recommend to everybody. All the health benefits of EPA and DHA fatty acids + each softgel equalling about 1g of fat to log on your diet.

Are you taking a multivitamin?
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SurfDan5 View Post
    Water.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

A good diet is what you should take.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    "you need bricks to build a brick house" sooo get some bricks, drink more water, take BCAA, EFA, quick absorbing protein pre and post WO. the bottom line is that there is no easy answer here, you are going to hurt and the things you need now are the same things you are always going to need. I would eat everything possible for a bit possibly 1-2 months before i got into performance enhancing supps, your tendons, ligaments and metabolism have alot of work to do.....
    great advice, thank you
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Have you logged how much you're eating? How often are you eating? Probably want to eat 5-6 times a day and eat at least 500cals over maintenance.

Somewhere around a gram of protien per pount. EAA/BCAA pre/during/post workout. Need a massive PWO shake, lots good protien, lots good carbs, good fats. Possibly a slow release protien, casien, before bed or at least some more xtend before bed.

23 years old? Fish Oil is something I usually recommend to everybody. All the health benefits of EPA and DHA fatty acids + each softgel equalling about 1g of fat to log on your diet.

Are you taking a multivitamin?
    I eat quite a bit but I could up my calories... I'll look into fish oils
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Working Out In Iraq
    By ARMYINFANTRY1 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 05:07 PM
  2. What should I Keep What should I Take out.
    By Bisi06 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 08:19 AM
  3. What should i take in my cycle
    By dige655 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 10:37 AM
  4. Working Out in Runner's Shorts?
    By JoeJack101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-18-2006, 08:18 PM
  5. Replies: 13