Anyone used "Real Gains" by Universal? - AnabolicMinds.com

Anyone used "Real Gains" by Universal?

  1. bLacKjAck.'s Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,949
    Rep Power
    2082

    Reputation

    Anyone used "Real Gains" by Universal?


    I can't find anywhere that tells me how many servings are in a container. If anyone has used it please let me know.

    How does it taste?

  2. JJC
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    712

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    I can't find anywhere that tells me how many servings are in a container. If anyone has used it please let me know.

    How does it taste?
    I've used it before and actually just ordered two of the big tubs from NP.

    I tried the chocolate last time and it was not bad at all. And I'm not even a fan of chocolate flavored proteins. The nutrient profile is great too...probably one of the best among the weightgainer formulas.

    check 1fast's site for reviews

    If you're looking for the number of servings, just do the math (for the large tub):

    6.85 lbs = 3 107.10773 grams
    1 serving = 155 grams
    SO
    3 107.10773 grams / 155 grams = 20.0458563 servings

    (Approximately )
  3. rustlerracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    129

    Reputation

    strawberry is amazing, half way through my second tub
    •   
       

  4. spaceclown's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    309
    Rep Power
    254

    Reputation

    I am using the chocolate now on occasion and it tasted good to me. I want to try the banana though.
  5. The_Reverend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    892
    Rep Power
    550

    Reputation

    Their chocolate is one of my favorite tasting weight gainers ever. (mixed with milk of course)
  6. ksa
    ksa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    272

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    I've used it before and actually just ordered two of the big tubs from NP.

    I tried the chocolate last time and it was not bad at all. And I'm not even a fan of chocolate flavored proteins. The nutrient profile is great too...probably one of the best among the weightgainer formulas.

    check 1fast's site for reviews

    If you're looking for the number of servings, just do the math (for the large tub):

    6.85 lbs = 3 107.10773 grams
    1 serving = 155 grams
    SO
    3 107.10773 grams / 155 grams = 20.0458563 servings

    (Approximately )


    Be Aware of mislabeling the serving size is 3.5scoops = 155g BUT its not true. Use your digital scale to weigh 3.5scoops it will come

    up with something like 120g so to meet label claims you need 4.5 scoops.
  7. Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    1500

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ksa View Post
    Be Aware of mislabeling the serving size is 3.5scoops = 155g BUT its not true. Use your digital scale to weigh 3.5scoops it will come

    up with something like 120g so to meet label claims you need 4.5 scoops.
    Nice catch bro! I need to get me a digi!
  8. JJC
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    712

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ksa View Post
    Be Aware of mislabeling the serving size is 3.5scoops = 155g BUT its not true. Use your digital scale to weigh 3.5scoops it will come

    up with something like 120g so to meet label claims you need 4.5 scoops.
    I wonder if their "scoops" are rounded or flat. If they are taking rounded scoops, they may not be "lying" per say. Or I wonder if they compacted their powder into the scoop? Like, literally pushed it down to fit more in.

    Thanks for the update though. I think I was wondering how I was able to get more servings out of it last time...

    I guess I will need to be taking 4.5 flat scoops from now on.
  9. AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,386
    Rep Power
    956432

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I have used it as well. The choc. is very tasty and mixes relatively easily. My only issue is that it doesnt necessarily agree with me if you know what I mean
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  10. sly
    sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    747
    Rep Power
    514

    Reputation

    I just started using the chocolate, taste is tolerable but not what I would call good. I guess I've been spoiled on my Musclemilk.
  11. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    964

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rustlerracer View Post
    strawberry is amazing, half way through my second tub
    Those of you who know me know I have a sweet spot for the Strawberry Real Gains. Real bits of strawberry in every tub and bucket.
  12. The_Reverend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    892
    Rep Power
    550

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Those of you who know me know I have a sweet spot for the Strawberry Real Gains. Real bits of strawberry in every tub and bucket.
    That's the flavor I'm sporting at the moment. Its hands down the best strawberry mix out there. Kudos to Universal Nutrition!
  13. Big BAMA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,409
    Rep Power
    1303

    Reputation

    I have used it several times, Chocolate is my flavor of choice. NP has a good price for it.
  14. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    964

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Reverend View Post
    That's the flavor I'm sporting at the moment. Its hands down the best strawberry mix out there. Kudos to Universal Nutrition!
    As far as powders go, it's my fav. I gotta say though, the Watermelon EAA Stack is a pretty strong second...
  15. Big Wides's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    105

    Reputation

    Vanillia is my flavor of choice. Its a versitile powder that you can mix with just about anything and depending on how creative you are with the variety of flavors out there you can come up with some nice mixes.

    An example would be I made a choc. vanillia Real Gains Ice Cream with Raw Milk a while back and it was great
  16. Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,523
    Rep Power
    41243

    Reputation

    Quick math, 3.81lbs*0.45= 1.73kg/0.155g = 11.17 servings .

    Also I've heard great things about the taste (never tried it my self though), and it seems like the consensus is for strawberry lol.
  17. The_Reverend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    892
    Rep Power
    550

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Quick math, 3.81lbs*0.45= 1.73kg/0.155g = 11.17 servings .

    Also I've heard great things about the taste (never tried it my self though), and it seems like the consensus is for strawberry lol.
    Chocolate and strawberry are outstanding. Vanilla is good but it gets old quick. Mixing fruits like blueberries and strawberries with the vanilla is pretty good though.
  18. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    964

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Reverend View Post
    Chocolate and strawberry are outstanding. Vanilla is good but it gets old quick. Mixing fruits like blueberries and strawberries with the vanilla is pretty good though.
    Lookin' for recipes? This is an old promo we did on the FORVM. Chock full of Real Gains recipes: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11218
  19. The_Reverend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    892
    Rep Power
    550

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Lookin' for recipes? This is an old promo we did on the FORVM. Chock full of Real Gains recipes: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11218
    Good stuff. Thanks for the link.
  20. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    964

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Reverend View Post
    Good stuff. Thanks for the link.
    There's another recipe link somewhere on the FORVM--just couldn't find it right away.
  21. The_Reverend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    892
    Rep Power
    550

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    There's another recipe link somewhere on the FORVM--just couldn't find it right away.
    Uh, the one you posted will keep me busy for a long while.
  22. joeyamma's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    249

    Reputation

    11 servings in the 3.85lb container and
    21 servings in the 6.85lb container
    each serving is listed as 3.5 scoops.

    i have to be honest though, i never used the full serving size.
    even around 250lbs when bulking, i used 2 scoops several times throughout the day.
    solid formula too... micellular casien protein... good complex carbs...
    a "weight gainer" with less than 5g of sugar per serving? unheard of.

    i had the vanilla and liked it... very versatile and just asking for berries or something to be added.
    also had a sample pack of the banana and liked it too.
    U Rep always pimps the strawberry, so i look forward to trying that flavor too, haha.

    i liked it so much that i gave a tub to my little bro...
    i wouldn't do that if i didn't think it was very good stuff.
  23. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    964

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyamma View Post
    U Rep always pimps the strawberry, so i look forward to trying that flavor too, haha.
    Is it... That obvious?
  24. The_Reverend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    892
    Rep Power
    550

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyamma View Post
    11 servings in the 3.85lb container and
    21 servings in the 6.85lb container
    each serving is listed as 3.5 scoops.

    i have to be honest though, i never used the full serving size.
    even around 250lbs when bulking, i used 2 scoops several times throughout the day.
    solid formula too... micellular casien protein... good complex carbs...
    a "weight gainer" with less than 5g of sugar per serving? unheard of.

    i had the vanilla and liked it... very versatile and just asking for berries or something to be added.
    also had a sample pack of the banana and liked it too.
    U Rep always pimps the strawberry, so i look forward to trying that flavor too, haha.

    i liked it so much that i gave a tub to my little bro...
    i wouldn't do that if i didn't think it was very good stuff.
    I'm a hard gainer so I never go a day without a couple shakes. That said, I've tried 'em all and Real Gains is by far the best tasting and also has the best nutrient content. Geez, I'm starting to sound like some of the reps on this board.
  25. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    964

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Reverend View Post
    I'm a hard gainer so I never go a day without a couple shakes. That said, I've tried 'em all and Real Gains is by far the best tasting and also has the best nutrient content. Geez, I'm starting to sound like some of the reps on this board.
    Almost... You forgot to mention that Real Gains has micellar casein in it. Also, there are talks of a larger size--10 pounds or more. Stay tuned.
  26. Big Wides's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    105

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Almost... You forgot to mention that Real Gains has micellar casein in it. Also, there are talks of a larger size--10 pounds or more. Stay tuned.
    10lbs or more....ahh Christmas comes early
  27. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    964

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Wides View Post
    10lbs or more....ahh Christmas comes early
    Tomorrow... 08-08-08... Where you been at, BW? Under a rock?
  28. Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1332

    Reputation

    Question


    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Also, there are talks of a larger size--10 pounds or more. Stay tuned.

    Any new news on this U?
  29. LatSpread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    996
    Rep Power
    583

    Reputation

    I used the 7lb container of chocolate as my postWO shake for a while and thought it was a worthwhile product, may repurchase in the future.
  30. sp447's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    265

    Reputation

    I have 2 tubs of it I'm using right now for my bulk. It doesn't taste that great, but I've had a lot worse.

    Not the greatest source of carbs, but you can always get more from food. The protein blend is very good though, IMO
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Anyone use Pro-stanivar by LGI?
    By rckvl7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 02:50 AM
  2. TRS by PP anyone used?
    By qwerty33 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 03:17 PM
  3. Universal Real Gains Availability
    By MuscleHeadGuy in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 09:30 AM
  4. Anyone use Protophin by Probiomed HGH?
    By INFLUENCER in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in