pSARM - The Write Up

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Excuse the hype...we are in GNC you know...

pSARMs act like testosterone in specific tissues like muscle. This gives us the unique benefit of being anabolic without the negative side effects found with illegal anabolic steroids. The key to the pSARM is in the shape of the molecule which is similar to testosterone and acts like it in specific muscle tissues, giving the bodybuilder a very potent anabolic agent without the negative side effects. pSARMs are completely safe and effective. If you look at the diagram on the bottom of the page, you can see figure 1 is of the testosterone molecule in molecular position. Figure 2 is a molecular position diagram of osthole, the main pSARM in Methyl 1-D. In figure 3 you can see how they overlap and therefore have similar activity in tissues like muscle with out being negative on the liver or prostate. This overlap technology is what makes pSARMs so amazing. Let’s run down the list of ingredients so you can see for yourself.
Cnidium is an herb that contains the natural pSARM osthole. The raw herb contains very little Osthole, but our special process standardizes the plant for only the pSARM osthole. Other companies may use a lower grade 10 or 20 percent osthole which doesn’t have the same effect as our 90% extract. Only the right dose of osthole will stimulate the pSARM effect and we have the unique process for standardizing the herb for the highest Osthole content. One test subject on just Osthole alone, added over 50lbs to his leg press in just two weeks! In the study titled [Effects of osthol on androgen level and nitric oxide synthase activity in castrate rats] the researchers found “RESULTS: Testosterone, LH and FSH were significantly increased at the high dose of osthol treatment. The high and low dose of osthol treatment significantly enhanced the activity of NOS (P < 0.01). CONCLUSION: Osthol could increase androgen, gonadotropin and nitric oxide synthase (NOS) activity. It suggested that osthol had androgen-like effect and gonadotropin-like effect.”. Only the high dose of Osthole will have this positive effect and we have standardized to contain over 90% Osthole, making Methyl 1-D very potent.
Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis is an herb that is proven to have anabolic and pSARM effects. We use the highest standardized extract to achieve a higher concentration of pSARMS from the Hibiscus plant, the 5:1 extraction method gives us the most potent Hibiscus extract available in a sports supplement. This amazing herbal pSARM is proven in the scientific literature to increase recovery time, improve NOS and reduce inflammation. However it’s anabolic qualities are what we are after! In the study Anabolic effect of Hibiscus rosasinensis Linn. leaf extracts in immature albino male rats we find that the extract of Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis has pSARM effects and can reduce both estrogen and stimulate testosterone.. This is the conclusion drawn from that amazing study “RESULTS: Over the 8 weeks of treatment, the control, the cold aqueous extract dosed, hot aqueous extract dosed and alcoholic extract dosed rats gained 8%, 15%, 18% and 22% in body weights respectively. The increase in the weight of testis, epididymis, seminal vesicle and prostate of the alcoholic extract dosed rats was 19%, 30%, 31% and 40% respectively. CONCLUSION: The anabolic effect of the leaf extracts of H. rosasinensis is hereby established.”

Additionally, many species of Hibuscus are shown to be anabolic, they just didn't check this particular one, however many species share commonalities. There is a lot of research behind Hibiscus and of course Osthole rocks as a phyto_androgen.

Attachments

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Of course, much of everything in sports supplements is theory, but hibiscus species have a lot of really good studies behind them and of course a few negative. The way we know if something really works is to have a pool of testers and see how it works. I will tell you this, people love pSARM.

We used to get dogged a lot for product X. Product X gave 4-5lbs of muscle in a month and that is about what people expect these days...somehow back in the days of M1T it wasn't good enough.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hopefully its a good product but i loled at the MS paint diagrams

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's a theory on why it could have androgenic activity and is just that a theory. It still works!

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
What's the expected release date for this one(ballpark figure)? It seems like an interesting product that I'd like to use if it is available in a month or two. What is a decent estimate of the going price?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sarms were in there beginning stages in 2006 and I think they said to realy get SARMS down it would be 2011. Thats just what Ive heard no facts just hear say well looks like a SARm has some work out into it

J

JBerto

Awards
  • Established
Is there any clinical study of the anabolic effect of SARM on Humans?

luke1984

luke1984

Awards
  • Established
Actually there is.
I found this somewhere online:

GTx, Inc. Initiates Phase I Clinical Trial for Its Second SARM Ostarine

MEMPHIS, Tenn., February 01, 2005 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- GTx, a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of therapeutics for serious men's health conditions, today announced that it has initiated a Phase I clinical trial for ostarine, GTx's second selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) compound to be tested in clinical trials.

"We are very excited about the promising preclinical ostarine data and are pleased to initiate this clinical trial," stated Mitchell Steiner, M.D., Vice Chairman and CEO of GTx. "This shows that we have the proven ability to create compounds in the laboratory and move them into the clinic as we continue to position GTx as the lead SARM company."

The Phase I study will evaluate the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetic profile of ostarine using a single ascending dose, double- blind, placebo-controlled design in healthy volunteers.

Ostarine is a nonsteroidal SARM that is designed to have positive anabolic effects without having an impact on the prostate and is being developed for andropause as well as other conditions associated with aging, such as sarcopenia. Sarcopenia is defined as the loss of muscle mass associated with aging leading to frailty and loss of independence.

As people age they undergo hormonal and metabolic changes. Each year after age 30 people gain an average of a pound of fat every year and lose a half a pound of muscle every year. Thus, men may lose 50% of muscle between the ages of 30 and 90. Muscle provides strength and endurance, supports the skeletal system and helps protect the body from illness. Loss of muscle can cause frailty, loss of independence, and worsens other conditions such as osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. There are 17 million Americans alive over the age of 75 who suffer from sarcopenia and currently there are no approved treatment options available.

GTx's SARM Discovery Program

GTx believes that the ability to selectively target and modulate the androgen receptor will allow the development of many new drugs that are crucial for men's health. In fact, different compounds within the SARM class have demonstrated in preclinical studies unique pharmacologic activities, with varying effects on endocrine feedback, prostatic stimulation, spermatogenesis, muscle growth, bone growth and sexual behavior, highlighting the untapped potential of these novel drugs for treatment of other diseases, including benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), male infertility, and low libido.

About GTx

GTx is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of therapeutics for serious men's health conditions.

GTx's drug discovery and development programs are focused on small molecules that selectively modulate the effects of estrogens and androgens.

GTx currently has four clinical programs. In two of the clinical programs, the company is developing ACAPODENE(TM), its most advanced product candidate, through clinical trials for two separate indications: (1) a pivotal Phase III clinical trial for the prevention of prostate cancer in high risk men and (2) a pivotal Phase III clinical trial for the treatment of serious side effects of androgen deprivation therapy for advanced prostate cancer. [Link]

In its third clinical program, GTx and its partner, Ortho Biotech Products, L.P., a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, are developing andarine, a selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM), which is expected to enter a Phase II clinical trial in 2005.

In its fourth clinical program, GTx is developing its own SARM, ostarine, for andropause and other conditions related to aging, including sarcopenia.

In addition, GTx has a deep pipeline generated from its own discovery program which includes specific preclinical product candidates prostarine, a SARM, for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), and andromustine, an anticancer drug, for hormone refractory prostate cancer.
There's probably much more to find on this.

But I seriously doubt you're going to find a working SARM in a supplement for the next 10 years.

M

merderah

GTx currently has four clinical programs. In two of the clinical programs, the company is developing ACAPODENE(TM), its most advanced product candidate, through clinical trials for two separate indications: (1) a pivotal Phase III clinical trial for the prevention of prostate cancer in high risk men and (2) a pivotal Phase III clinical trial for the treatment of serious side effects of androgen deprivation therapy for advanced prostate cancer.

isn't acapodene toremifene citrate.... FARESTON? it's not a SARM, it's a SERM. people use it in PCT, albeit you can't get your hands on acapodene, fareston is GREAT for PCT

Dr Nick

Dr Nick

Awards
  • Established
What kind of results have you had with psarm?
Is it good to use on a cutter?

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it is probably best on a cutting cycle. It's not a huge bulking product, just makes you stronger and more vascular...

H

hailxenu

Awards
the most hydrophilic parts of the molecules have completely been moved around and two ring structures are not there anymore at all which will result in totally different bond angles.this would be completely clear in a 3d rendering with electron density mapping.

what does the 'p' stand for? it doesn't appear your product has anything in common structurally with current sarms (it isnt derived from quinolinone, tetrahydro-quinoline, aryl propionamide or hydantoin).

(this post was edited because I don't feel like getting banned from the first post).

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello

I can stack pSARM with whatever supplements?

thanks

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The p is for Phyto...many of these seem to have growth potential without the hair/prostate effects of testosterone analogs. They are not true SARM's since those are obviously pharmaceutical products...

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
not PH`s only the normal CLA, Green Tea, stims, EFA`s something like that!
That would be fine man. Just take the psamr solo first time, get a feel for it, then slowly add things.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That would be fine man. Just take the psamr solo first time, get a feel for it, then slowly add things.
cool man i found a site that`s sell 2 bottles for the price of one i give a try.

thanks

the GUNSHOW

the GUNSHOW

Awards
  • Established
so no PCT?... and what kind of gains do some people see?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
would this help a youngster like me for strengt hgains or possibly recomp

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I've yet to give it a whirl but will add to my test booster review. I noted the AI was stacked in there.

pSARM will stack (like you can't stack two AIs - or at least I can't). Stacking pSARM, an AI and Divanil - could kick.

Keep in mind Tribulus was never shown to boost test in humans, nor phyto-tests compounds.
Just cause it may not boost muscle it may be doing other stuff that is beneficial.

Tribulus does seem to have nootropic effects - make you feel loaded with test. Has Long jack ever been shown to boost test? ActivaTE Xtreme I think is a great product BTW.

It would be nice to give a direct comparison against icariin. This is the one natty test booster that really gives results. Whats the max. dosage per day? I'd want to try 'full throttle'

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I've got it and will be testing it against ActivaTE, Mass FX and DTHC. What really looking at is the role of icariin in test boosters and how best to deliver it.

It'll be a while before I get to pSARM. Potentially interesting, it would stack a SBG inhibitor and an AI.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
is the Y free version out?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Its a good question. I've got pSarm and its AI.

I'm going to run it 2010. I could check test levels before and after (see link for log of other stuff).

I am not planning on logging it. I think if I notice something dramatic then I'll start a log.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
i got two bottles sitting here, havent decided what to do with yet