Back in the Saddle, a little help please!! - AnabolicMinds.com

Back in the Saddle, a little help please!!

1. New Member

Talking Back in the Saddle, a little help please!!

Ok, I am back into lifting serious again after a bit of a layoff. I have been lifting on and off since high school (go through phases of losing motivation) and I am 31 now, I know my way around the gym pretty well so training is not an issue. I guess I am looking for supplement information. Just want some good advice on legal stuff. What is out there that you guys recomend! I read alot of muscle-tech bashing on here so I guess there stuff is no good or just overhyped and overpriced. Any and all advice and info would be appriciated.

Oh, I am looking to add size and strength without packing on a **** load of excess weight. I am currently 5'11" and 205. My body fat % is higher than I like but I am now way close to fat.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson1919 View Post
    Ok, I am back into lifting serious again after a bit of a layoff. I have been lifting on and off since high school (go through phases of losing motivation) and I am 31 now, I know my way around the gym pretty well so training is not an issue. I guess I am looking for supplement information. Just want some good advice on legal stuff. What is out there that you guys recomend! I read alot of muscle-tech bashing on here so I guess there stuff is no good or just overhyped and overpriced. Any and all advice and info would be appriciated.

Oh, I am looking to add size and strength without packing on a **** load of excess weight. I am currently 5'11" and 205. My body fat % is higher than I like but I am now way close to fat.

I would look into some bulk Monohydrate, a 7Keto supp. like Lean Xtreme by DS, Xtend by Scivation (both 7OH and Xtend will help preserve muscle on a calorie deficit), Whey Protein (take as needed), and perhaps a preworkout supplement or a simple caffeine pill for the days that you need a pick-me-up.

With this in mind, diet will be key to losing weight.

-cal
  3. New Member

Hey, thanks for the info!! I have really never looked at the 7Keto supps. What do people think about the creatine pills from MT. I like the ease of no powders, but is the MT pills worth the extra $$
    •   

4. Advanced Member

MT is overpriced. Monohydrate is your best bet. Its proven and backed by countless studies. Throw in a good protein, keep your diet clean, and you'll be good to go.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson1919 View Post
    Hey, thanks for the info!! I have really never looked at the 7Keto supps. What do people think about the creatine pills from MT. I like the ease of no powders, but is the MT pills worth the extra $$
    if you want to get a creatine pill, look into neovar by applied nutriceuticals.
  6. New Member

I have a few questions of my own about supplements. Even though they might say mix with cold water does it matter whether or not I mix them with something else instead? And can I mix multiple supplements together or will that have some sort of an effect on them? Right now I got some muscle-tech anabolic halo, nitro-tech, and nano vapor...

Now the nano vapor seems to be a real fine powder when disturbed you can see it rise like smoke. I didnt really feel much different or stronger when taking it but I didnt feel tired like I normally do either. Anabolic halo is a combination of dextrose and maltodextrin(carbs) with other ingredients (amino acids, creatine, etc.) and nitro-tech is whey protein which also has added ingredients.

From what I've read taking a 2:1 ratio of carbs and protein(.8g/kg and .4g/kg bodyweight) along with other supplements in the morning when you wake up and(I've read taking during/ before a workout causes blood or whatever to go to the stomach instead of your muscles or something like that) after a work out is ideal. Eating an hour or so before workout and about an hour after workout...

I think after this I am going to mix my own supplements because muscle-techs are just too expensive. Also I have a hard time not throwing up all the water during exercise and supplements before/ after exercise.
  7. Club Myth CEO
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticism View Post
    if you want to get a creatine pill, look into neovar by applied nutriceuticals.
    Great choice! Not only is it s great creatine product makes for an excellent recomp on top of the creatine with the addition of banaba and Rodiola Rosea.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Back in the gym.. help w/ supplements
    By Blown03 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 02:57 AM
  2. back in the game....need help with a new routine.
    By rccratch in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 10:07 PM
  3. Getting back in the game help//
    By Aa'ron360 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 07:00 AM
  4. Back in the weight room
    By DoctorX2k2 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 11:04 AM
  5. A Little Help Please