Is nettle root really any good?

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
Does nettle root really have a significant impact on SHBG?

If so, where can you get a good extract of it to actually get this effect? It seems like there are very few sources of this, and I worry that I may end up with a crap extract that gives me zero effect.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
If you are looking at it as a way to promote free test levels, than it is quite effective. However if you are trying to prevent baldness or other bound test effects, it is not.

cal62887

cal62887

Awards
  • Established

If so, where can you get a good extract of it to actually get this effect? It seems like there are very few sources of this, and I worry that I may end up with a crap extract that gives me zero effect.
Nettle root is recommended for complaints associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). We therefore conducted a comprehensive review of the literature to summarise the pharmacological and clinical effects of this plant material. Only a few components of the active principle have been identified and the mechanism of action is still unclear. It seems likely that sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), aromatase, epidermal growth factor and prostate steroid membrane receptors are involved in the anti-prostatic effect, but less likely that 5alpha-reductase or androgen receptors are involved.
**** Department of Forensic Medicine, University of Freiburg, Albertstr. 9, 79104 Freiburg, Germany.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!

Divanil™ [3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran (95%)] is a powerful extract of a lignan found in Nettle Root. I believe Designer Supplements introduced the compound. You can find it at a good dose in their Activate Xtreme. It is probably available solo. Has had very good feedback.