Is nettle root really any good?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Is nettle root really any good?

Does nettle root really have a significant impact on SHBG?

If so, where can you get a good extract of it to actually get this effect? It seems like there are very few sources of this, and I worry that I may end up with a crap extract that gives me zero effect.

2. Registered User
    Answers

If you are looking at it as a way to promote free test levels, than it is quite effective. However if you are trying to prevent baldness or other bound test effects, it is not.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Neil5585 View Post

If so, where can you get a good extract of it to actually get this effect? It seems like there are very few sources of this, and I worry that I may end up with a crap extract that gives me zero effect.
    Nettle root is recommended for complaints associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). We therefore conducted a comprehensive review of the literature to summarise the pharmacological and clinical effects of this plant material. Only a few components of the active principle have been identified and the mechanism of action is still unclear. It seems likely that sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), aromatase, epidermal growth factor and prostate steroid membrane receptors are involved in the anti-prostatic effect, but less likely that 5alpha-reductase or androgen receptors are involved.
    **** Department of Forensic Medicine, University of Freiburg, Albertstr. 9, 79104 Freiburg, Germany.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Neil5585 View Post

Divanil™ [3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran (95%)] is a powerful extract of a lignan found in Nettle Root. I believe Designer Supplements introduced the compound. You can find it at a good dose in their Activate Xtreme. It is probably available solo. Has had very good feedback.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is App Uncut really that good?
    By uubiduu in forum Supplements
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 02-11-2014, 06:27 PM
  2. Is liquid arimidex any good??
    By the_destroyer55 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 10:12 PM
  3. rev bench press is this any good
    By BigRich in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9