Measuring help?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Measuring help?

I got a 50gram sample of LongJack to test. The company that provided it to me recommends a dose of 300mg a day, which would probably be divided in 3 doses. Measuring a 100mg is very hard, especially with LongJack because its powder leaves a little residue. When supplements are made the expedients are added to it to make it easier to cap, magnesium stearate, modified cornstarch, etc...I would like to cap it but you would need those ingredients, anyone cap something 100mg?

Buying a scale probably would be the best option, but good ones can be pricey, anyone have any other ideas what to do?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Can it be suspended in oil or water or alcohol? 10 grams in 100ml of whatever it suspends in would give you 100mg/ml concentration.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Can it be suspended in oil or water or alcohol? 10 grams in 100ml of whatever it suspends in would give you 100mg/ml concentration.
    Never heard of this idea, sounds good, I don't know if it would effect the product though, what kind of oil would you use.

I was thinking of maybe adding 50grams of Icariin that way I could bump the dose up and use 1/4tsp which I think is roughly 250mg for most powders.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

I think I'd try olive oil first. See if 1 gram will suspend in 10ml's of it. Might have to warm it a bit. Wont effect the product, not in oil anyway, and I dont think the others would either.

Your idea of adding the Icarian in is probably easier.

I think Nutra Planet carries Longjack. They might be able to tell you the approx. weight per 1/4 tsp.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

I will get try to get an answer from Dsade, I wonder if it makes a difference between the extracts on the weight. Probably not the much difference if any.

If it is suspended in Olive Oil while you get an accurate 100mg for equal parts of Oil, meaning one dose may be 100 and another being 50, if the LongJack sits at the bottom how can you besure you getting the proper dose each time.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

All suspensions need to be shaken well before each use. It will still vary, but not by much at all. Some oral steroids are taken this way, so it is a pretty accurate way of dosing.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

RedwolfWV--- Would it be better to use extra virgin olive oil over regular? And, does suspending these things, like Icariin,divanil and other powders improve their bio-availability and effect? I just swallow my powders and chase them with water. No problem, the taste won't kill you. But if oil suspensions improve the effect of theese powders, then I'd like to know please. Thanks redwolfWV
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    RedwolfWV--- Would it be better to use extra virgin olive oil over regular? And, does suspending these things, like Icariin,divanil and other powders improve their bio-availability and effect? I just swallow my powders and chase them with water. No problem, the taste won't kill you. But if oil suspensions improve the effect of theese powders, then I'd like to know please. Thanks redwolfWV
    Use EVOO and Rachel Ray will be happy.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    Extra virgin would be better for your health, but I don't see it having any other effect. It would probably not help the bio-avalability of those other products. Steroids are oil soluble that is why it helps with those.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Extra virgin would be better for your health, but I don't see it having any other effect. It would probably not help the bio-avalability of those other products. Steroids are oil soluble that is why it helps with those.
    Thanks RedwolfWV--- Yeah, the bio-availability was the main issue for me. I take all my supplements with fish and flax oil, so I'm getting plenty of healthy fats for test boosters. I take 15 grams of fish oil and 10 grams of flax seed oil everyday in 4 divided doses. That should be plenty. So if the olive oil serves no other reason(bio-availability) then I'll just skip it. Thanks again!!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SgtP View Post
    Use EVOO and Rachel Ray will be happy.
    Sarge---- I'd like your opinion please on this subject. Do you think olive oil suspensions would improve efficacy or bio-availability of these bulk powders I mentioned? Like I said, the taste issue is no issue for me. I don't mind the taste of these things. Please help!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Osterine Measuring Help
    By kkcinc in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 02:53 PM
  2. YOHIMBINE measurement help - rep...anyone?
    By pctforeal in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 10:19 AM
  3. measurement help
    By johnbone in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 05:14 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 05:02 PM
  5. Math Guru's, please help with this dosage measure.
    By mikeman28 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 04:34 PM