waxy maize or dextrose?

ctrivedi

Awards
Thinking about getting back on creatine mono -- wondering which delivery method will work better.. my gut tells me waxy maize.

Maybe a maize/dextrose stack :think:

ctrivedi

Awards
Thanks both for your replies -- I'm taking Rodja's advice and stacking wms with supercarb -- as far as the wms debate, I've done maize before and I feel good about the absorption rates... maybe it's just a placebo effect... who really knows??? It's the same bag with cee - but I still take that too and notice results.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As Rod said, WMS (or another fast digesting carb) with SuperCarb.

No doubt.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I mix waxy maize,dextrose,creatine, and bcaa's for postworkout. MMMMMM fruity.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kwik Karb Waxy Maize and Supercarb with creatine would be unbeatable, IMO.

Medic

Medic

Awards
I just use carb powder, i dont care what it is... I dont buy into the hype personally. Funds are running short to begin with. I drink gatorade powder during my work out, eat 4 rolls of smarties on the way home, and drink a scoop of carb powder with my isopure when i get home. I'm solid as a rock

NOW carbo gain .... 7lbs for 15 bucks. thats what I take

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
WMS.

And I guess SuperCarb.

Is SuperCarb superior, or inferior, to Carb Slam? Just curious.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
WMS.

And I guess SuperCarb.

Is SuperCarb superior, or inferior, to Carb Slam? Just curious.
For adding calories throughout the day, for carb loading for an athletic competition, for baking, and so forth, SuperCarb has a definite edge over other carb sources.

But it's not really a one or the other question, or even an inferior vs. superior question. Ideally, you should use the two together for post workout. It's the ol' fast-digesting and slow-digesting carb method for glycogen replenishment and recovery.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I just use carb powder, i dont care what it is... I dont buy into the hype personally. Funds are running short to begin with. I drink gatorade powder during my work out, eat 4 rolls of smarties on the way home, and drink a scoop of carb powder with my isopure when i get home. I'm solid as a rock

NOW carbo gain .... 7lbs for 15 bucks. thats what I take
Candy/gatoraid is more expensive than buying dextrose or WMS.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I've been using either dex or high glucose lollies. They've been working fine. If WMS didn't cost 5 times more to ship than the actual product cost I would probably try it though.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I go with WMS.. in weeks 7-10 of my cut I'm going to add in PSlin/Carb Slam(WMS)/SuperCarb/CEE or Greenmag.. maybe both so I don't have to spend so much. Anyone have opinions on Vitargo?

Medic

Medic

Awards
Candy/gatoraid is more expensive than buying dextrose or WMS.
Never though of it like that, but my dads friend at work works for gatorade and gets boxes of powder packets for free. I also got 2 value sized bags of smarties at the drug store around holloween for $1 a peice.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Never though of it like that, but my dads friend at work works for gatorade and gets boxes of powder packets for free. I also got 2 value sized bags of smarties at the drug store around holloween for $1 a peice.
Also, don't forget this about the spree/smarties or whatever dextrose candy route you use... tooth decay :)
Downing the stuff is different than sucking/chewing on 80+g of smarties everyday... Actually if you want you could use a coffee grinder and brew a good ole post workout 'cup o spree'...

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I mix the two together haha half WMS and half dextrose.. but they seem to work essentially the same ya know

musclescientist

Awards
Thinking about getting back on creatine mono -- wondering which delivery method will work better.. my gut tells me waxy maize.

a combo of the two

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
usally i use a combo of maltodex. and dextrose

but right now im using bananas cause im on waterbury's 10/10 transformation

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SuperCarb for creatine transport? But supercarb is a low GI carb isn't it? I'm confused.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SuperCarb for creatine transport? But supercarb is a low GI carb isn't it? I'm confused.
Yes it is.

That's why most were suggesting SuperCarb with Kwick Karb(NutraPlanet's bulk Waxy Maize Starch).

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes it is.

That's why most were suggesting SuperCarb with Kwick Karb(NutraPlanet's bulk Waxy Maize Starch).

So isn't WMS or dextrose enough? why adding Supercarb?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you need not only quick-digesting carbs for an insulin response, but you also need slow-digesting carbs to continue recovery once the quick-digesting carbs are gone.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
There was a post awhile back where bobo went into great detail on why it did not matter which you used post workout as they will produce the same effect. I tried searching but could not find it.

musclescientist

Awards

Do a combo of WPS (Waxy Potato Starch) / Dextrose / Isomaltinose

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
those of you that are using Kwik Karb, how much do you use? 1 scoop? 2 scoops? and how large are the scoops? 60cc? 70cc?

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
those of you that are using Kwik Karb, how much do you use? 1 scoop? 2 scoops? and how large are the scoops? 60cc? 70cc?
I use one scoop and add in 1/3 cup steel cut oats. The scoop I have is 70cc, check the bottom of the scoop and it will say the volume on there.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
During, or post workout?

Use a standard protein scooper...and remember that the density of Kwik Karb is around 1/2. Look on the bottom of the scooper and see what the volume is (standard are 60 and 70cc). Divide that number by 2 and that is around how many grams of KK you get per scoop.

I use around 30 grams during workout, and when I use it post workout I will use twice that.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
During, or post workout?

Use a standard protein scooper...and remember that the density of Kwik Karb is around 1/2. Look on the bottom of the scooper and see what the volume is (standard are 60 and 70cc). Divide that number by 2 and that is around how many grams of KK you get per scoop.

I use around 30 grams during workout, and when I use it post workout I will use twice that.
thanks D! thats what i needed to know.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Hey dsade when you going to let us try some thrive?

musclescientist

Awards

Use Waxy Potato Starch instead of WMS

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote