retain2 vs x-lean

1. Registered User
    Answers

retain2 vs x-lean

I`m not a chemist but is there a big difference between the ingredients of these 2 supps?
    IBE claims that their product is antiinflammatory as well , what is the antiinflammatory ingredient? Studies to backup these claim?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

retain2
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    retain2
    lol...did you read his post at all?..haha
    •   

4. Banned
    Answers

i just ordered L.E
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nunes;
    I`m not a chemist but is there a big difference between the ingredients of these 2 supps?
    1) The difference lies in the subtle metabolic pathways the blends follow. Some compounds are directly or indirectly available in both blends.

2) Basically, Retain 2 contains Androstenetriol (androst-5-ene-3 beta, 7 beta, 17 beta-triol) - also known as beta AET -, Relora, and 7-Keto-DHEA.

3) Lean Xtreme contains 5-AT, also known as Androstenetriol (androst-5-ene-3 beta, 7 beta, 17 beta-triol), 7-OH (7-hydroxy-DHEA), Green Tea (EGCG), and Forskolin.

4) 7-hydroxy-DHEA (7-OH) can be metabolized into 7-alpha-hydroxy-DHEA and 7-beta-hydroxy-DHEA. These DHEA metabolites neither convert into estrogens nor androgens, but can interconvert between themselves and another DHEA metabolite, 7-oxo-DHEA.

5) Lean Xtreme contains 7-hydroxy-DHEA (7-OH) that can be metabolized into 7-alpha-hydroxy-DHEA/7-beta-hydroxy-DHEA/7-oxo-DHEA. Furthermore, the 7-beta-hydroxy-DHEA can be metabolized into 7-Keto-DHEA (contained in Retain 2).

6) On its own, Retain 2 contains 7-Keto-DHEA, a metabolite of 7-beta-hydroxy-DHEA, but not the full spectrum of DHEA metabolites as in Lean Xtreme.

7) Retain 2 contains Relora, a patented cortisol-management formula that can introduce more synergy into the Retain 2 blend.

8) Lean Xtreme contains Green Tea Extract and Forskolin, potent agents in cAMP-/norepinephrine modulation, lipolysis, nutrient partitioning, body composition, appetite modulation, thyroid/dopamine/testosterone enhancement, and so on.

In sum, both products have similarities, yet I would subjectively prefer Lean Xtreme for the additional DHEA metabolites and the additional cumulative impact of Green Tea and Forskolin. A subjective statement, no doubt.

IBE claims that their product is antiinflammatory as well , what is the antiinflammatory ingredient? Studies to backup these claim?
    Androstenetriol (androst-5-ene-3 beta, 7 beta, 17 beta-triol) and Androstenediol (androst-5-ene-3 beta, 17 beta-diol) are both metabolites of the native steroid hormone, DHEA, and are known to, amongst others, support immune response, counteract stress-triggered immuno-suppression, and deliver significant anti-inflammatory benefits. Androstenetriol, available in both Lean Xtreme and Retain 2, is considerably more potent than Androstenediol in this regard.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    1) The difference lies in the subtle metabolic pathways the blends follow. Some compounds are directly or indirectly available in both blends.

2) Basically, Retain 2 contains Androstenetriol (androst-5-ene-3 beta, 7 beta, 17 beta-triol) - also known as beta AET -, Relora, and 7-Keto-DHEA.

3) Lean Xtreme contains 5-AT, also known as Androstenetriol (androst-5-ene-3 beta, 7 beta, 17 beta-triol), 7-OH (7-hydroxy-DHEA), Green Tea (EGCG), and Forskolin.

4) 7-hydroxy-DHEA (7-OH) can be metabolized into 7-alpha-hydroxy-DHEA and 7-beta-hydroxy-DHEA. These DHEA metabolites neither convert into estrogens nor androgens, but can interconvert between themselves and another DHEA metabolite, 7-oxo-DHEA.

5) Lean Xtreme contains 7-hydroxy-DHEA (7-OH) that can be metabolized into 7-alpha-hydroxy-DHEA/7-beta-hydroxy-DHEA/7-oxo-DHEA. Furthermore, the 7-beta-hydroxy-DHEA can be metabolized into 7-Keto-DHEA (contained in Retain 2).

6) On its own, Retain 2 contains 7-Keto-DHEA, a metabolite of 7-beta-hydroxy-DHEA, but not the full spectrum of DHEA metabolites as in Lean Xtreme.

7) Retain 2 contains Relora, a patented cortisol-management formula that can introduce more synergy into the Retain 2 blend.

8) Lean Xtreme contains Green Tea Extract and Forskolin, potent agents in cAMP-/norepinephrine modulation, lipolysis, nutrient partitioning, body composition, appetite modulation, thyroid/dopamine/testosterone enhancement, and so on.

In sum, both products have similarities, yet I would subjectively prefer Lean Xtreme for the additional DHEA metabolites and the additional cumulative impact of Green Tea and Forskolin. A subjective statement, no doubt.

Androstenetriol (androst-5-ene-3 beta, 7 beta, 17 beta-triol) and Androstenediol (androst-5-ene-3 beta, 17 beta-diol) are both metabolites of the native steroid hormone, DHEA, and are known to, amongst others, support immune response, counteract stress-triggered immuno-suppression, and deliver significant anti-inflammatory benefits. Androstenetriol, available in both Lean Xtreme and Retain 2, is considerably more potent than Androstenediol in this regard.
    Thanks bro , good answer , just one thing I was talking of IBE x-lean and not lean extreme from designer but I suppose the answer is the same .
    Thanks and reps
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks bro , good answer , just one thing I was talking of IBE x-lean and not lean extreme from designer but I suppose the answer is the same .
    Thanks and reps
    Sorry, I have a certain preference towards Lean Xtreme If I were to compare Retain 2 versus X-Lean, though, I probably would choose Retain 2. Both contain the key ingredient, Androstenedriol, and Androstenedriol can metabolize into 7-hydroxy-DHEA (which can further metabolize into 7-beta-hydroxy-DHEA). So, both blends have this property, with X-Lean having a higher potential here, due to the explicit inclusion of 7-beta-hydroxy-DHEA. Still, the 7-keto-DHEA (in Retain 2) makes Retain 2 somewhat more balanced versus X-Lean, although the 7-beta-hydroxy-DHEA (in X-Lean) can also metabolize 7-keto directly. The Relora in Retain 2 then makes the final difference, giving the product an overall cortisol management advantage, in my opinion.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Reduce Xt vs Current Lean Xtreme
    By jakedamuus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 03:43 PM
  2. retain 2 vs x lean
    By gibbob2 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 09:15 AM
  3. Lean Extreme 2 Vs. X-Lean
    By Urban Monk in forum Supplements