what does argine taste like?

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
what does the bulk argine taste like from np jsut curious? i didnt like the leucine or glutamine taste =\

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
i dont know.

but i do know that di arginine malate tastes like chlorine smells

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
It’s really horrible

I take it you mean Arginine.
Maybe the worst thing I ever tasted. If I take it for the gh release I use Arginine Pyroglutamate caps. The Pyroglutamate form crosses the blood/brain barrier much better so you only need about 2-3 grams vs 30 for L-Arginine. Also, at that dosage expect the shizt. Ultimate Nutrition makes it but I don’t think it’s at Nutraplanet. If I were to take the bulk, I would definitely cap it. Capping also helps with the side effect mentioned.

DB

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
so if i was to buy it i should get a capping kit as well? and is capping hard as everyone says it is? Also i have a weak stomach lol, and are the pumps really that good???

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established
what does the bulk argine taste like from np jsut curious? i didnt like the leucine or glutamine taste =\
Tastes nasty but if you mix it with either Gatorade/lemonaid/or Powerade the tasted is covered up a bit and it is not so bad.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Pretty sure nothing on the face of the earth takes as bad as arginine... but I will tell you... it is the same effect as NO supps (A lot of times it is the main ingredient) but 1/4 the price. Be careful over doing it though... if you have Herpes it can actually stimulate growth of it (Doesnt have to be gential... a large number of people experience cold sores) and it can also stimulate Cancer growth.

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
So its worse than the bulk leucine? I was planning on taking 5g before and after workouts just to keep those amazing pumps, but i can hardly swallow the glutamine, and no i don't have herpes lol.

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
Arginine Ethyl Ester tastes disgusting, like immensely strong
rotten prawns. :)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Nothing on earth tastes worse than NO Shotgun.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
The pumps are amazing. I prefer Arginine over NO supps.

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
does the pumps out weigh the nasty taste? like i would be amazed or be like the same pumps i get right now from taking mass fx?

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established
Cancer???

Pretty sure nothing on the face of the earth takes as bad as arginine... but I will tell you... it is the same effect as NO supps (A lot of times it is the main ingredient) but 1/4 the price. Be careful over doing it though... if you have Herpes it can actually stimulate growth of it (Doesnt have to be gential... a large number of people experience cold sores) and it can also stimulate Cancer growth.
I've never heard arginine could stimulate cancer. I take ALCAR, 3gms a day. Where could I go to read about this, or is it in large quantities.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
does the pumps out weigh the nasty taste? like i would be amazed or be like the same pumps i get right now from taking mass fx?
Yes. After a week your blood flow during workouts is awesome and the pumps last forever, my biceps always used to feel like they were going to explode.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I've never heard arginine could stimulate cancer. I take ALCAR, 3gms a day. Where could I go to read about this, or is it in large quantities.
Its actually been cited to go both ways. Suppress or stimulate. But I like to air on the side of safe.

Here are a few links.

http://www.cbcrp.org/research/PageGrant.asp?grant_id=1533

http://www.safelarginine.com/faq.html

http://www.herbs2000.com/amino_acids/arginine.htm

http://www.chiroweb.com/find/tellmeabout/arginine.html

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
K and does the akkg or ester make a difference? and whats the difference in 0,00,000 caps? which ones are bigger?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Arginine-AKG is pretty tasteless.

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established

Thanks for the links. I'll read up on it later. I also like to air on the side of caution since my father died of cancer, though they think he contracted it in vietnam and not through heredity.

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
dsade you mean tasteless like the bulk glutamine from np, cause i couldn't even drink that =(, and like i could mix it with water and wouldnt taste it or no?

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the links. I'll read up on it later. I also like to air on the side of caution since my father died of cancer, though they think he contracted it in vietnam and not through heredity.
No problem dude. I don't really like throwing a bunch of stuff into myself other than food, so I am very selective. While using Arginine I usually cycle 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade you mean tasteless like the bulk glutamine from np, cause i couldn't even drink that =(, and like i could mix it with water and wouldnt taste it or no?
Put it into a glass of crystal light and you will barely taste anything at all.

Water is rarely desirable for bulk powders because our tongues are very tuned in to what water is "supposed" to taste like. Any variation sets off alarm bells and causes a revulsion reaction in order to avoid poisonous water.

A sweetened beverage is the best.

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
Thanks i guess ill just mix it in with crystal lite then, and i still have lots of bulk leucine left over and it doesn't mix well with anything i don't know what to do lol its like the dryest wetest powder ive ever mixed

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks i guess ill just mix it in with crystal lite then, and i still have lots of bulk leucine left over and it doesn't mix well with anything i don't know what to do lol its like the dryest wetest powder ive ever mixed
For leucine, try the Pink Lemonade flavor.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ras Ice isn't too bad with that either... unless you have objections to your mouth being blood red.
I eat my steak rare...so I have no problems there. :)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Funny...you said you liked my taste...you even begged for more.
Hey, I was low carbin and on a budget. What's a guy to do!

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
so if i was to buy it i should get a capping kit as well? and is capping hard as everyone says it is? Also i have a weak stomach lol, and are the pumps really that good???
There are 2 things to try.
1) BCAA’s taste just as bad to me but if I put 30 grams + 8 oz of Orange Juice diluted with water to fill a shaker bottle (32oz) it’s not bad. At night I wouldn’t want to drink that much before bed. But if you’re using them during the day for the pump, then this may work
2) Capping is no big deal. NP gives the weight/teaspoon. Measure out what you want on to a piece of paper and just scoop them in. The 000 caps are the easiest to work with. They hold roughly (depends on the supplement) half a gram