I can't sleep

Kirkatis

Kirkatis

Awards
Anyone else have the problem with nitric oxide supplements keeping them awake? I have tried no-xplode, superpump 250, and no shotgun, and now I think I can't take anything like this because it keeps me awake at night. anyone else have problems like this.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
they all have absurd amounts of caffeine in them.

What do you expect?

If you MUST take a pre-workout supplement but you want to sleep properly, perhaps try some RPM.

The caffeine content isnt that crazy.

Also watch when you take N.O Xplode.

I would avoid taking it past 4 PM in the afternoon.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
i agree with cellar, if i take anything with caffeine past 4-5pm i never get to sleep

how long have u been using the NO boosters u mentioned? did u take breaks in between them?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I've heard nothing but phony things about NO products. Anyone else hear the same? I mean they give you pumps but what else?

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
stop taking caffeine unless its first thing in the day and use something along the likes of zma/zmk or alri lean dreams before bed, if that doesnt work go to work doc and get a script sleep aid.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else have the problem with nitric oxide supplements keeping them awake? I have tried no-xplode, superpump 250, and no shotgun, and now I think I can't take anything like this because it keeps me awake at night. anyone else have problems like this.
How soon before bed are you taking them? And how soon before bed is your final workout?

You need to allow yourself 3 hours for yoru heart rate to regulate itself.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man get off the caffeine! Don't take it within 6-8 hours of bedtime. If you need a preworkout booster that doesn't have caffeine, look into Drive and possibly Neovar stacked together. They make one incredible pre-workout stack that will get you amped without caffeine in it to keep you up!

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Just take a little melatonan about 1 hour before bedtime. Sleep like a charm, wake up refreshed, reduces cortisol levels too!!! Just dont use more than 3-4x per week, more than that and I wake up a lil groggy. Also you might find that you will wake up rather early on the melatonan; my experience is to go ahead and get up then, if I do I feel great, but if I decide to go BACK to sleep and sleep longer, I wake up tired.

bb

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope you're still awake when that happens.
As embaresing as it is, the 1st time no. I was sleeping and woke up for some reason thought I had to push out a fart and well it wasn't :jaw: so use your imagination from there. From then on I woke up. I thought it was the stomach flu, somthing I ate,etc.. but after about 8 days I narrowed it down to takeing 2 caps before bed instead of 1. Weird I know.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats sort of a viciouse cycle then guys, taking the caffeine to energize him, then melatonin to sleep, then caffeine again to wake him back up. I would not reccomend any sleep aids until his caffeine content is eliminated late in the day.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
if you wanna stick with a solid NO preworkout supp minus the caffeine you can try out Milennium;s Caffeine Free Ragnorak. I have heard nothing but good things about it.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Thats sort of a viciouse cycle then guys, taking the caffeine to energize him, then melatonin to sleep, then caffeine again to wake him back up. I would not reccomend any sleep aids until his caffeine content is eliminated late in the day.
A ton of people aren't aware of their total caffeine intake during the day. Realistically... 1 cup of coffee should make you feel different. If it doesn't you need to cut that **** back.

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
if you wanna stick with a solid NO preworkout supp minus the caffeine you can try out Milennium;s Caffeine Free Ragnorak. I have heard nothing but good things about it.
THanks for the props. Also take a look at Somnidren-GH and you can combine it with ZMK. Lean Dreams worked well for me too but keep in mind it uses melatonin. Melatonin is very effective but you build a tolerance rather quickly. Lean Dreams imo needs to be cycled 2 on/ 3 off or similar to prevent this or use it only on days it is really needed.