Supps for Acne?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I don't have acne but have always had oily skin and its a really pain in the butt, I tried taking up to 12g of vitamin B5 daily but all saw was stomach irritation. Seems like i might be stuck with it for the rest of my life.

2. wow 5$? thats super cheap. mine is 10$.
    and thats a really small dose. i would be scared of accutane not doing anything at that low and the acne coming back shortly after....
    ask your doctor about retina-a
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by ams1 View Post
    wow 5$? thats super cheap. mine is 10$.
    and thats a really small dose. i would be scared of accutane not doing anything at that low and the acne coming back shortly after....
    ask your doctor about retina-a
    I have retin-a and Tazorac which is the strongest topical retenoid. They are so irritating to the skin though. If you read some recent medical studies, they have found that doses even as low as 5mg per day has cured acne with no reoccurance. I think in the near future you will begin to see accutane dosages start going much lower.

4. I used accutane for large cystic acne when in high school. I wouldn't break out in a large spread but intensely in one location on my face.

That Accutane is a dream drug my friends. It dries you up like crazy, but I would recommend it to anyone with harsh acne. It works. I did not get single outbreak after Accutane.

5. I still get pimples here and there, but it's nothing like it was before the accutane. I still have to use my topical retin-a though. Before accutane, My back had so many pimples it was unreal. Only side effect was dry lips and bloody nose every now and then. Bloody nose wasn't bad, it wasn't like it was bleeding I would just wake up with dry bloody boogers lol
    •   

6. purebred

awesome topic w/some great responses. i was searching through some of the former acne threads and found this one particularly helpful. joebo's post brought forth an enlightenment regarding accutane treatment. i was on accutane for about 9 months or so starting with a 20mg dosage and prednisone. i pyramided the dosage of my prednisone from the initial 20mg to 5mg and finalized my accutane treatment with 40mg of accutane (of which i still have left over).

yesterday i took my 1st 40mg dosage and intend on completing the rest of what i have left which is approximately 2 weeks worth. i'm going to get in contact with my derm who put me on the accutane and discuss the 10mg regimen w/her. thanks to joebo for providing that enlightening information. cheers!

7. Quote Originally Posted by dexterford View Post
    I use MSM 3x a day, Bioton 2x a day. Both seem to help a good deal.
    they work well topically, too (hint hint).
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What's the best supp.for elbow + joint pain
    By MaDmaN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-21-2014, 09:38 AM
  2. My Cure For Acne
    By Sanosuke in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 11:26 PM