AN rep needs your help. Creative minds, please step forward.

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
PART 1
Ok, here's the deal. I got stabbed in my wrist about 4 weeks ago. Its been about 10 days since my 16 stitches were removed, but it will be another 2-3 weeks before I can start back training my upper body. I have keeping my carbs low(carbsensitive anyways) to prevent fatgain, training my legs twice per week, and doing what I can to stay in decent shape. The only ex. I've done for upper body in 4 weeks is the pecdec(using elbow pads, not handles). Since I cant do upper body for another 3 weeks and Im f***ing goin insane from not being able to workout, Im wondering what you guys can come up with to hit my upper half.

I cant grip anything because of the possibility of my wound reopening and tearing my scar tissue which would put me out of commision for a loooooong time, so other than the pecdec, what can you come up with?

Also, I train in MMA, so I will be pushing hard to get my strength and cardio back as fast as possible.

PART 2
Now, for my comeback stack. I will be using a variety of supplements(each for a specific reason) in order to try and recomp much faster than I could have otherwise. Here's what I have in mind:

Drive: 9 caps per day (My alltime favorite supp. This will help with endurance, strength, fatburning(love my forsk.), and hardening)

Osteobolin-C:added recovery and some cortisol lowering properties

RPM: 4 caps preworkout and 2 on off days. (Has some serious synergy with Drive and will help with the intensity and focus I need to resume my normal hardcore training sessions)

Neovar: 8 caps per day. The best creatine on the market esp. for a recomp. I will be using these prior to my carb meals. It will be 4 caps with Pslin for pre w/o and 4 more with AP for post w/o.

PSLIN/AP: 1/1 Im very carbsensitive so AP is a must for me at all times. PSLIN will allow me to consume carbs preworkout to increase pumps and endurance without worry of fatgain. I will only be using 1 cap of each per day because on my off days, carbs are close to under 50gs for the entire day.

Anagen: 9 caps per day with protein meals. 2 things, I got it dirtcheap and I actually get good results from ecdy. I normally eat at least 350gs or protein a day, so anything that helps with protein synthesis is worth me having.

Staples: I feel the most important staples for me(and for anyone on a recomp/cut) are healthy fats(see below) and BCAA's to prevent muscle loss and provide an alternate source on energy when carbs are low.

Bulk BA tabs, BCAAs(40gs per day), Fish oil Caps(16 caps per day), CLA(9 caps), Sesamin(not a staple always but will be used at 6 caps per day), CoralCalcium, Sunfiber, DigestiveEnzymes, Acidophilus, WholeFood MV, Ester-C, Natural VitE, Hydrolyzed Whey, and poseidon.

Part 3
Following one month of the above, I will probably do a run of Epi(30-40mgs), Furazadrol(150-200, last 4 weeks), and 11-oxo(600mgs) with tribsorbagen to really get myself back to and probably exceed my pre-injury shape.

My main reason for posting this thread is to get some feedback on the workout part, but any and all suggestions are welcomed. I just figured Id list my plans for the next 10 weeks with and see what the great minds here thought. Thanks to anyone that takes time to read and reply.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
could get some Budget Ergogenics Banaba in place of AP/pslin :)

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
could get some Budget Ergogenics Banaba in place of AP/pslin :)
Well, Ive got the Neo in there already and banaba works great on its on, but I prefer the stack. Ive tried several different dosing combo's, but the ap/neo together just works the best for me. If I had to pick one though, Id go with the neo with a little xtra banaba for big carb meals.

Alright guys, any ideas for upper body ex's without gripping anything. I dont think there's many out there.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
use ankle cuffs for a cable machine and attach the under your elbows for rows and pulldowns, you could even try pullovers to hit the chest to. Pushups dont require a grip but may hurt, also with ankle cuffs hang a light weight of them then hang at elbows and you can do laterail raises.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This may actually end up being a blessing in disguise because it forces you to put more of an emphasis on your conditioning. Can you do push-ups?

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
use ankle cuffs for a cable machine and attach the under your elbows for rows and pulldowns, you could even try pullovers to hit the chest to. Pushups dont require a grip but may hurt, also with ankle cuffs hang a light weight of them then hang at elbows and you can do laterail raises.
Dang bro, nice ideas man. I never even thought of that. Ill try em out 2moro. Thanks

Rodja- yeah man, I can do pushup just fine and I agree with you, my cardio is something I could certainly impove on and as you know, it wont matter how strong you are, if you too tired to stand half way through a fight. I dont know if you tried the 'perfect pushup' yet(I got mine from my GNC), but it was really helping me with punching power. It rotates, so you can turn the wrist to simulate the exact motion of a punch. Most stores should have them on demo throughout the holidays if you wanna try em out.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Walgreens has something similar to the perfect pushup for $20, I think its called pushup pro.

CHA0S

CHA0S

Awards
  • Established
do some fist pushups. it'll prevent you from laying your hands flat and putting pressure on your wrists. or do those cable resistant pectoral flies but instead of pulling them in with your hands, use your forearms.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Another cool thing for push ups is to go to a hardware store and get a towing rope for like 10 bucks then attach some handles on it while you are at the gym and drape it over a power rack. now you have suspended pushups. they are a great ghetto rigged blast straps.

CHA0S

CHA0S

Awards
  • Established
or another cool thing. get some power lifting belts and wrap them on a pull up bar. lay your elbow vertically on them on grab on to the belts ( for stablility) then raise your knees or legs. Just an alternate way to do hanging knee ups, w/o hanging on with your hands.
*This was kinda to explain, so sorry if it may be unclear.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
Bench dips w/ would be a solid upper body exercise.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
one time I saw this weird old dude get ab hangers (you know those large padded deals that you can suspend from an overhead bar and do leg raises with..not sure the technical name) attach them to a lat pull down machine, put his arms through, loaded the weight up to like 300lbs, and do some sort of crunch like exercise where he pulled down the weight with his core. I've never tried it, and never seen anyone else do anything like it over all the years I've trained. It was certainly one of a kind. I've since moved to another gym, and have never seen this dude again. I think he was just trying to do an exercise that he could load some insane amount of weight in an attempt to impress, I don't no the girl who worked the counter. Anyway, that came to mind being that you can't use your hands.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
its also hard to do push ups when you have a lot of bodyweight on your wrist, i would just stick to cardio for now

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
what i would do is just do cardio and wait there is no sense on training and finding some new workouts when really you should just wait for it to heal and then just go really light , unless you have a Due date or something like a fight coming up i would really worrie about it. i mean 3 weeks and very long at all and with a stack like that you will just waste you supplements but not being able to go full board on your upper body, to tell you the truth i would just wait but thats just me.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
is anyone else curious how he got stabbed in the wrist? :story:

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Swim man... it will work out your entire upper body... even if you probably cannot go all out... just treading water for 5 mins will be more than enough workout for your upper body.

At the end of the recovery.. it will be more important to heal 100% than to still have upper body strength and definition.. i would stress recovery over maintenance right now... better safe than sorry.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Swim man... it will work out your entire upper body... even if you probably cannot go all out... just treading water for 5 mins will be more than enough workout for your upper body.

At the end of the recovery.. it will be more important to heal 100% than to still have upper body strength and definition.. i would stress recovery over maintenance right now... better safe than sorry.
I agree. 5 minutes of non stop swimming is a great way to build some upper body strength. Not only does it help for upper body but your legs will take a beating as well.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
First, sorry to hear of the incident. I'm sure your injury will be healed a lot faster than all the legal crap you'll be dealing with.

I'd try cruising the circuit machine section of the gym (you know...the area where you swore you'd never get caught dead training in) and look for machines where you apply pressure against pads rather than gripping a handle. I can think of at least one tricep extension machine, obviously a number of ab machines, a lateral raise machine for delts, etc. Work those to at least keep the blood flowing into those well-rested muscles so when you can hit them hard again you won't be so sore.

Good luck!

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
First, sorry to hear of the incident. I'm sure your injury will be healed a lot faster than all the legal crap you'll be dealing with.

I'd try cruising the circuit machine section of the gym (you know...the area where you swore you'd never get caught dead training in) and look for machines where you apply pressure against pads rather than gripping a handle. I can think of at least one tricep extension machine, obviously a number of ab machines, a lateral raise machine for delts, etc. Work those to at least keep the blood flowing into those well-rested muscles so when you can hit them hard again you won't be so sore.

Good luck!
You could add to this possibly by bringing a couple sections of that foam pipe insulation with you to wrap around the handles. That should pad the handles enough so you can set the machine so the handles rest against your forearms. Might be worth a try, and getting funny looks at the gym is always fun.

If you do try any of these suggestions, make sure that you have some crazy explanation ready for when folks ask you why you're doing it.

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
Damn guys, thanks a ton for all the feedback. I got a nice little workout layed out with just the suggestions y'all layed out alone. That really helps, thanks!

As for the 'incident'. First, let me say, I dont go out much and I actually prefer to chill at home. I never ever look for a fight and Im not cocky or rude in any circumstance. Well, without going into too much detail. A group of us were downtown and a drunk guy was walking the streets asking for money. When he got to us, I just stepped in front of the girls he was approaching, handed him a dollar and said 'alright man, thats all we got, have a good night'. I starting walking off, he said somethin, I turned around and he was coming at me with a knife, I tried to block it(again, need to freshen up my gun/knife techniques), and he caught me right in the bend on my right wrist. I hit him with a left cross, pulled the knife out, and proceeded to try and choke him to death. My adrenaline was so high, that I really didnt realize how bad it was until after it was over. I lifted my wrist out in front of me to look at it, and blood literally shot in my face and on my neck. I wrapped it as tight as I could and got to the local ER in about 2 minutes, where I got 16 stitches.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
wow nice find bound, looks like you can find anything on the internets, pics and all :)

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! It was kind of a funny find, I hadn't checked the elite site in months, and just ran across that. I thought the pics of the push-ups with someone holding your arm were cool as hell.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Thats true, you can maybe try that just for fun even if you don't have a problem.